Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #601
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
There are many veggies that I cannot eat simply because I blow up like a beach ball and is so so very uncomfortable. While I realize that they're good for me, the pain and discomfort is just not worth it to me. Rice & potatoes don't bother me, prolly cause they're GF? I know you'll figure out what to do to get'r done!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Yes girls.....I am an oak.

Git'r done. Find the sweet spot without the erm....sweets.

Too many carbs are deadly for bloating and yes, not so good late in the day.

All of these things swirl in my head like brandy in a snifter full of...well...brandy.

I feel myself coming to crossroads (again)...no wonder I'm so cross.

Know what? I sure do love you LCF buddies.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #603
Blabbermouth!!!

Have you discussed weight loss plans with your doc? I just wonder what she would do for you, or if it would really help or just frustrate you some more LOL
Seems to me that things should not be this difficult. KWIM?
Old 10-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mr Doc recommends lean meat, veggies, high fiber, low fat...

It's not that hard, I make it that hard.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I guess it's good you can laugh about it?

Get outta your head, woman! Just do it...as the saying goes...
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm tired of sounding like a looney tune. I think I am hormonal today. Not PMS per se but something related to post menopause (whicih would still be PMS, ).

Good thing I'm working today, that's the best way to get out of my own head...off to the shower!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

You're not looney..Not at all. You're just someone who truly wants to succeed and to do it the healthy way. I totally get it!

Have a great day at work, and hoping everyone shows up that needs to be there!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gluten free grain free buns (Buttoni's Recipe)

½ c. almond flour
¼ c. golden flax meal
¼ c. unflavored, unsweetened whey protein powder
1 tsp. baking powder
3 T. cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs, beaten
1 c. grated Monterrey Jack cheese
½ c. grated Mozzarella cheese (or ½ c. more Jack cheese)
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 T. heavy cream
1 T. water

OPTIONAL: Spices of your choosing (or cinnamon/sweetener) sprinkled on top before baking.

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Soften cream cheese in medium mixing bowl in microwave. Beat in the eggs, cream, water, vinegar and both cheeses. Measure and add in all the dry ingredients and stir well with a rubber spatula. Line a sheet pan either with parchment paper or silicone sheet. Dip the batter onto the prepared pan in 9 equal piles (I used a ¼ c. measuring cup). Spread it out into round bun shapes as evenly as possible with your rubber spatula or the back or a spoon. Batter will be about ¼” thick. Sprinkle on spices if using any. Pop buns into 350º oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until done to the touch in the center and lightly browned around the edges. Cool a few minutes and cut evenly into 9 “slices. When totally cool, store in plastic bag in refrigerator.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 9 large pieces, each contains: These can be sliced laterally, but the info below is for 1 whole piece.

149 calories
11.5 g fat
3.5 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 1.4 g NET CARBS
10.1 g protein
204 mg sodium
65 mg potassium
12% RDA Vitamin B12, 10% calcium, 18% phosphorous, 10% selenium.
6/13~ 229.4
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 10-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You're not looney..Not at all. You're just someone who truly wants to succeed and to do it the healthy way. I totally get it!
Oh, yes. I am. Nice to know you love me anyway.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, then, if you're looney, than so am I! I've switched plans soooo many times, back and forth, forth & back..
I just want to be successful and feel better. I wanna like what I see in the mirror.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HUMP DAY!!

Mornin' D~

I'm feeling a bit more positive today...proof of post menopause syndrome. IDK why I get so pathetic. Work yesterday was good, it's always heartening to get in the exercise that 'serving' provides. All those 'refills' add up to lots of walking and carrying.

I have a birthday celebration to plan for Friday. Have to make DH's fav~ German Chocolate Cake (maybe cupcakes) and some kind of dinner that will serve the whole crew (10 people). Chili is OUT. That's already been done, last week. Grilling is OUT, my grill is kaput. Maybe....baked ravioli? Salad? Hearty, filling, loved by most...easy to prepare...okay, you talked me into it! I'm so glad we have these little chats. Still unsure of what to give the birthday boy, I'm sure I'll think of something.....

Time changes this weekend, we'll finally get that darn hour back! I hate letting it go in the Spring. It's 6:10 am and still pitch black outside. I need that early morning sunrise.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so glad I could help! Who knew I could be so supportive while I'm sleeping?!
............I am more than sure you will think of something great and the whole family will love it!

I can only imagine the type of steps you must get in during your shift. When I worked at Kohl's a few years back I was never below 12,000 steps a day because of what my job entailed. I actually kinda loved it! I miss it sometimes but then I think of my boss and I'm like, uh, nah, I'm good being right where I am. He was a royal pain in my you-know-what. So aggravating!

Anywho, wonderful that your mood has lifted and you are feeling positive and happy this morning! Hang in there and just keep doing what you believe to be right for you. We don't have time change here so we don't get that weird feeling with time change...it was soooo weird the first few years we lived here!

Work today?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning (again)!

No work today, I'm off for the rest of the week, DH's long weekend starts tomorrow. Today I'm cleaning and shopping so that I don't have to do it tomorrow!

You are always supportive my friend! I have waffled and coned over so much stuff lately, with DH calling me out last week and WW working as slowly as before (4lbs since the beginning of Sept), and never knowing WHAT I should be eating...lc, vegetarian, no grains, all grain, some sugar, no sugar ai yi yi...it was making me nuts. Add that to not much scale movement and there is a recipe for meltdown.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but I had a 500 calorie day yesterday (on purpose) so I'm calling today an up day and I want so badly to call tomorrow a down day. How badly do I want it? Enough to make it happen. Enough to just do it (thank you) and stop thinking about it. The rules are so simple to follow, how can I go wrong? As long as I do it, it will work for me. I was indecisive about even saying anything about it but I realize it's leaving the option to fail...open. Failure is not an option. I'm not giddy, or excited or enthralled by it. I mean business. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results then for me to 'juddd' is not insane. Results are good, when the plan is followed. Like you and carb cycling, one must be ready to do it or it won't happen. I'm ready. NO more thinking, just doing.

I met my daughter at work this morning for the chihuahua exchange. The tiny girl is with me today, the grand girls have karate on Wednesday night and that makes for a long day at home alone for the little doggy one. She is on my couch with her blank-ee and her lion (the baby to the baby). It's a bit like babysitting, I love it.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #614
Blabbermouth!!!

I can relate to the frustration...it does suck when the scale can't reward us for all the good things we're doing! Alas, I've just had to suck it up and resign myself to the fact that the weight it just NOT going to fly off ever again. Oh, it'll fly back ON, but never off..

Just do it! It will be good for you not to question it, just get it done and keep moving. I know how much you love JUDDD so now may be the time to just start doing it without thinking about any of it.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I can relate to the frustration...it does suck when the scale can't reward us for all the good things we're doing! Alas, I've just had to suck it up and resign myself to the fact that the weight it just NOT going to fly off ever again. Oh, it'll fly back ON, but never off..

Just do it! It will be good for you not to question it, just get it done and keep moving. I know how much you love JUDDD so now may be the time to just start doing it without thinking about any of it.
Nope the weight ain't gonna fly off for me either, only back on with a vengeance, you're so right!

And YES to just do it, no thinking involved.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #616
Blabbermouth!!!

I say this only because from my own experience, I am my own worst enemy. All of my thinking can sometimes get me into a lot of trouble. Over the last 6 weeks I have teetered there a couple times but I promised myself that I would let go and see where this takes me. It's hard, lemme tell ya!
When I mentioned to DH this morning that I've spent 10 days in the 240-241 range he was like a deer in headlights and all panicky-like he says, don't you go freaking out yet, you've had high sodium the last couple days, TOM has been here, at least you're not going up.... See?! Even he knows when I start thinking about something, that spells the end... usually....
Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's what husbands are for! I told mine last night I was a on a DD and having salad for dinner, he said, 'that's good baby, you liked that one'. So far today I've felt really good, not hungry (of course not) it's an up day...and yes, D~ no more over thinking it, just doing it..and let the chips fall where they may.

There must be a 'spell' prayer somewhere...
Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

I could just see those wheels turning in his head...like, OMG here we go again I stopped him mid-sentence and said, don't worry I'm not going anywhere, I'm not giving up..it was simply an observation because I hadn't realized it was that long of a span.. He's funny, but I know he wants me to be happy and to succeed and feels sad for me when I struggle.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and onward we go, hanging out together.....
Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome back to JUDDD! I think it makes life relatively easy.

I, personally am trying to eliminate most grains and stay a bit more low carb, but not being extreme.

I was just reading an excerpt from BRAIN GRAIN and if what he says about dementia/Alzheimer's is true, we want to really lose the grains. I know you have just about eliminated gluten which is great.

Good Luck!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #621
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Welcome back to JUDDD!!!! Love this WOE!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:01 AM   #622
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Blonde one thibg eating lean meats and veggies you will lose, I try to keep it pretty simple but I am one who can eat the same thing everyday and not get bored, I grill a bunch of chicken and lean pork on the weekends and can eat that everynight! Then I make salads or veggies and the boys I make some starch for them, it is easy that way!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #623
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, Sunshine!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Happy Halloween, Ms. Blondie!

How are things over there? I am sending you lots of good JUDD'ing vibes. Hehe.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #625
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD #2 I got this.

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!!

What a wonderful welcome back to JUDDD! Thanks so much.

Seabreezes~ Thanks, I'm happy to be doing something positive. I need to keep my head in the right place. Yep, I've read some pretty scary things about Alzheimers and grain. I actually love rice but it blows me up something terrible. Lower carb is always a better way to go for me...but not zero carb.

Amber~ Luckily for me I love veggies and I love chicken and salmon. For the last few months I've been working on better nutrition, I plan to carry it over into the JUDDD lifestyle.

Monica, thanks!! I don't know why it seems right to do it now when I couldn't get it together before...it just does.

Jayce~ Happy Halloween Bean (ET)! The hubby is home today, his birthday is tomorrow, we'll be setting up the driveway for the little trick or treaters tonight. We put out a tent and lights etc....thanks for the good vibes, I can feel it!

Danielle~ Hello Yourself Sunshine! I know you are but what am I ~ Infinity (Pee Wee Herman)

Sunshine abounds today, lots to do before tonight. I'm going with a DD shake for break fast and lunch and a salad w/ chicken for dinner. No Halloween Candy for me today, but I may stash a piece or three for tomorrow's UP day! My son is moving home this weekend, preparations etc....
Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like today is going to be a fun day! So glad that you seem happy with your decision to go back to JUDDD. Enjoy every moment of it! What's not to love---"dieting" every other day, right?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Dani! You know what? I'm just happy I could make the decision to go back. I've always liked it but I couldn't wrap my head around doing it again. Being ready to do something is important...I don't know why sometimes we're ready and sometimes we're not. I guess I've had enough frustration this last year to make me really need to do something that I know works for me.

This time next year, I hope to be at least half way to goal.....
Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ways to get through a DD

I posted this on another thread and thought it would be a good remder for me here.

Resolve: Plan to down day and plan your food accordingly. Whether you do shakes or lots of veggies or boiled eggs, make the plan and stick to it. Divide the shakes in half and drink more often, Eat slowly. Sip water in between.

Relax: When you feel like your are going to cave...Dr. Johnson recommends meditation. Close your eyes, take four deep breathes, visualize yourself thin, wearing the clothes you want to wear in a situation you want to be in. I like to think about being thin and hiking in a beautiful place. Whatever makes you happy. Try to do it for 15 minutes. If you have time to eat, you have time to meditate.

Reward: Whatever it is you think you must have, wait til tomorrow. I do have to tell myself, I can have it tomorrow. One more day..or a great meal is only a day away. Things like that. It make whatever I waited for some much better and it gives me confidence in myself.

Keep your hands busy. Paint, draw, get a coloring book and crayons, crochet, knit, read, craft, sew...anything to keep your hands busy. You can't eat if your hands are already full.

Take a bath: You can imagine it's difficult to eat in the bathtub...and a good time to meditate.

Take a walk

Call a friend
Old 10-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I posted this on another thread and thought it would be a good remder for me here.

Resolve: Plan to down day and plan your food accordingly. Whether you do shakes or lots of veggies or boiled eggs, make the plan and stick to it. Divide the shakes in half and drink more often, Eat slowly. Sip water in between.

Relax: When you feel like your are going to cave...Dr. Johnson recommends meditation. Close your eyes, take four deep breathes, visualize yourself thin, wearing the clothes you want to wear in a situation you want to be in. I like to think about being thin and hiking in a beautiful place. Whatever makes you happy. Try to do it for 15 minutes. If you have time to eat, you have time to meditate.

Reward: Whatever it is you think you must have, wait til tomorrow. I do have to tell myself, I can have it tomorrow. One more day..or a great meal is only a day away. Things like that. It make whatever I waited for some much better and it gives me confidence in myself.

Keep your hands busy. Paint, draw, get a coloring book and crayons, crochet, knit, read, craft, sew...anything to keep your hands busy. You can't eat if your hands are already full.

Take a bath: You can imagine it's difficult to eat in the bathtub...and a good time to meditate.

Take a walk

Call a friend
wonderful thoughts. As one of our JUDDER's states...hunger is not an emergency! We might think it is, but it does go away.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Dani! You know what? I'm just happy I could make the decision to go back. I've always liked it but I couldn't wrap my head around doing it again. Being ready to do something is important...I don't know why sometimes we're ready and sometimes we're not. I guess I've had enough frustration this last year to make me really need to do something that I know works for me.

This time next year, I hope to be at least half way to goal.....
I know this feeling. When I first got Chris' book I "thought" I was ready...but I drug my feet and when I finally decided to do it, turned out I really wasn't ready. I kinda flailed around for a couple months until 1 day I woke up and just felt it. I knew then it was time to run with it.

It's exciting to think about where you'll be in a few months time, huh? By the end of next year my goal is to be near the finish line and headed towards maintenance. I can't wait!