Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Danielle and Jayce "over-thinkers' anonymous!!

Why do we do that??? I can remember the term "You think it to death" I must resemble that remark! I agree, doing the work and trusting the process is huge Dani! I really want that too. Sounds like your DD needs to enjoy some the higher caloried GF foods. I really hope she feels better, then you will too.

Yesterday went well at work, I definitely got in my exercise! I changed my dinner menu, DH wasn't in the mood for pasta. We had oven fried potatoes and chicken breast sandwiches with Asian salad. I went over points by 4, and that is without having my oatmeal snack. Still and all, I felt good, not too full and not deprived. Not deprived is the best!

Friday is weigh in, I don't expect to lose anything this week, not after the Birthday party on Sunday but to remain the same would be okay with me.

Today's menu starters:

Breakfast
GF Toast (2)
cheese slice (1)
Egg whites (1)
Salsa (0)

Lunch

Potato & carrots (4) again, yes I have leftovers!
FF Mozzarella (3)
Mixed greens & tomato (0)
Bolt House Ranch Dressing (2)

Dinner

Angel Hair w/ Mushroom Marinara (7)
Salad (2)

Snacks
Apple, Pear
Maybe Weight control Oatmeal (4)

Total Points: 26. This gives me 4 points to 'play with"!

IDK. Under consideration. I do better when I plan dinner, I plan to do last night's abandoned menu of pasta unless I can come up with something better!

I feel good about making good choices. I need to remember how that feels the next time I'm tempted by 'not so good' choices!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-23-2013 at 06:17 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #572
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Remind me to make good choices! I can always do BETTER at that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You had a good day!

DD needs to actually eat protein! Milk! Something! She has an issue w/ yogurt, AND milk, AND meat... we've tried almond milk, lactaid, non-fat regular milk..nope she just does not like it. Yogurt she's freaked out over since she had eaten it the day she got super sick last Jan. Meat, well, she's so particular and it's a chore to even get her to eat 2oz worth.. so frustrating! Oh, and we've bought 4 different protein shakes too...no go.

I think you'll probably lose something this week, especially if this weeks yummies are very different than what you've been doing.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes...but have you/DD tried chocolate milk? Cow or almond, pretty darn yummy! There are some good GF cereals out there that are fortified, too.

Yes I did have a good day and I'm working on good day #2. To show the amazing versatility of my WOE (lol)...I'm having lunch for breakfast and will have breakfast at lunchtime! TAH DAH!!! It would be so cool to lose some weight this week, a super bonus if I do!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I've thrown away both. She goes for a check up with the gastro in a couple weeks....she's gonna have to own the loss on the scale if there is one..it's what this appt. is all about. I can't force her and she's old enough to have to listen to the doc on her own. He's so friggin nice tho so I know she's not afraid of him
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ode to a Cool Day

Danielle, I love those 'told you so' moments...when your kids figure out your not as dumb as they thought.

Ode to a Cool Day...

I brought my crock pot forth today
To make my suppertime 'prep' as play
For pasta sauce is what's in mind
With veggies and tomatoes (the store bought kind)
Shallots, mushrooms, spinach, squash
All chopped and cubed, don't forget to wash
A touch of this, a pinch of that
It's ready to slow cook in nothing flat
So now I rest and wait and wait
For food to cook and...my dinner date.

Yes I'm a pathological rhymer.....

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-23-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Love the rhyme!

Are you kidding! No one listens to me in this house! DD19 refuses to even tho' time & time again I am always right. I don't say things to her to "be right" I say things to her because I KNOW. I was once a young adult in the not-so-distant past, I get it more than she will ever realize. Well, maybe when she's 30 and she's sitting there and thinks, wow, mom really knew her chit! DS is slowly admitting that both DH & I know what we're talking about and realizing that we have said and done the things we have because we only want the best for them and not to be a-holes DD17, she's stubborn as heck..(wonder where she gets that from! :confused) and she's learning a VERY expensive lesson this year with dual-enrollment..SHE'S paying for it and she's hating every minute of it...go me!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha!!!

Love the Rant!!

You should do it more often!

I posted my rhyme on FB and my daughter asked me if I was smoking cigarettes???? I can rhyme without smoking!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Obviously I'm not at work today, I've made veggie marinara for tonight's brown rice angel hair...and I've made a nice low cal and filling soup for lunch to go with my GF bread. It's a vegetarian 'take' on Posole. I used Mexican Tortilla Soup Broth by Swanson and added some canned tomatoes and hominy! I love hominy, I always have and soup is so comforting. I'm really glad it's a nice cool day.

So...a fat free cheese slice on GF toast and bowl of good soup...in about an hour.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahaha!!! Smoking cig's..

Sorry I guess my frustration is eeking out of me today!

You've been a busy bee in the kitchen today! It feels really good when we take the time to prepare, huh? While I can't say I love being in the kitchen still, I at least am truly enjoying the results of putting myself first.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #581
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Soup sounds good!!! I like the rhyme!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #582
Big Yapper!!!!

it's a SOUP day here. Chilly and windy!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning LCF's!!

It's a good thing I had soup yesterday because the pasta in my dinner was no bueno! DH took a few bites, looked at me kinda weird and said "Do you like this'? I stuttered a little bit and then said "No, it's awful"...I used a different brand of GF pasta...uck. The only brand to buy, that's always perfect, never gummy Tinkyada Joy. I won't mention the brand I used. It was really bad. I have lots of leftover sauce though and I'm turning it into chili today. I'm adding chili powder and cumin, beans and maybe some chicken. Because last nights dinner was a bust, DH had tortilla chips and salsa...I had a few chips and a GF un-grilled fat free cheese sandwich. *sigh*

This morning I have an earache. Not something I normally get. Oddly enough I can't put my teeth together either, so maybe TMJ, too. I have a lunch shift, I'm not sure if I should try to get it covered and go see the Doctor or just hope it goes away on it's own... Another stick in the craw this morning...I am out of my Sugar free Italian Sweet Cream in a bottle, so my coffee has no Zazzz.

Today's menu at the moment will be:

B: Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar Weight Control Oatmeal and black coffee.

That's all I'm sure of at the moment. It doesn't require much chewing....
Old 10-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry dinner was a no-go...I hate that! DD gave up on the brown rice pastas and the corn pastas because she couldn't get past the flavor of it all...she found one-barilla that she likes ok enough..One thing's for sure, she sure doesn't consume pasta by the pound-ful anymore like she used to!

Get thee to the doctor!!! NO fun having to try and sleep again with that tonight!!!!!!! I hope you feel better very soon, mama!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doctor, huh? I was afraid you were going to say that! I just came from your journal!

You know Dani, I'm still feeling good about the way I've been eating but I feel a bit depressed...the glow wears off so quickly for me, even though I feel like I may drop an ounce or two this week...I AM motivated. I AM. It's just so hard to stay in the here and now all the time, but I know that's the only way I can get this weight off of me. I can't be worried about down the road, right?

Guess I'll see if the Doctor is in.....
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

YES, the doctor! Stat!!!!

I can relate to the glow wearing off, boy can I!!!! There are some days where I'm like, do I really gotta do this, do I really gotta pay attention...do I really gotta like this food..why can't I just eat what I want, blah blah blah!
While I normally absolutely love coming here every day, reading on other message boards of people doing the same things as me, etc... there are those days, where I'm feeling like blah blah blah..and I have to force myself to get here just like eating sometimes.. I remind myself that I made a promise to myself that I wanted to feel better, that I don't want to shorten my life by any amount where I do have control. I have to keep remembering how much better I feel when my head is 1000% in the game and to some looking in they'd probably think it's obsessive but I have to in order to maintain "order" in my world. DH used to complain about the amount of time I spent reading about whatever diet I happened to be on, or being online participating on forums, etc.. He no longer does because he realizes that it's HELPING me and he's seeing it firsthand. He realizes that I am my own worst enemy and that by continuing to read,research, and participate keeps me out of my own head! I need this and it's my priority. *I'M* MY PRIORITY.

Bottom line, do whatever it takes for you to stay excited, motivated, and wanting to keep persuing this. Even on the days where you're dragging around feeling like it's the last thing you want to do. Like everything else we've ever done, this also is gonna take work....and LOT'S of it!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hoping you get something that'll make you feel better! I hate earaches.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle, WOW! You hit the nail right where it counts! Ditto to everything you said! Thank you!

Jayce, yeah I'm hoping to get something to help, I think it's 'sinus' related...I've had some headaches lately too.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!

The start of a big weekend for me. Wedding on Saturday and Dios De los Muertes (Day of the Dead) Festival on Sunday.

I have a plugged tube in my ear causing my pain. I'm taking advil, claritin and a decongestant. If that doesn't work, then steroids are next. I'm going to MAKE it work, I hate steroids!

The wedding on Saturday is for two friends who met at our work. SO many people are going that they had to get servers from another OG to help fill in! I don't think that's happened since my DD got married on 11/11/11. I'm so excited, I love weddings and I'm so happy for them!

So weigh in this morning and I've gained 6 ounces, but really, since I weighed in two weeks ago I've lost 3lbs that I gained unexpectedly....go figure. I'm nowhere ahead but I'm almost even-steven. I move forward anyway. I did have a bacon cheeseburger for dinner....

Today's plan is to get a pedicure so I can wear open-toed shoes on Saturday (if I want to). I have NO idea what I'm wearing tomorrow. Seriously, not a clue.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Your weekend sounds fun! The wedding sounds like it'll be a great celebration.

I've never been to a Day of the Dead festival, but I remember reading something about it in school. Mexican holiday, correct?

I hope you start feeling better soon! I have been taking Claritin off and on for itchy eyes...I think I read that ragweed pollen is bad right now. I don't like taking steroids either, so I don't blame you.

Last edited by Jayce; 10-25-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

It sounds like a fun weekend for you!

Bummer about the ear, but hopefully you'll be feeling like a million bucks today! Crossing my fingers for you

Ooooo I love getting pedi's..they make me LOL
So relaxing!

Yanno, you're only up by that much because you're not feeling well. It'll be gone before ya know it!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, good morning girlfriends~

Yep my ear is still a bit pinchy this morning but I can handle it knowing there's currently no infection.

Yes, Day of the Dead is actually on November 1 but the festival on Sunday is also a craft fair. Living in San Diego we get to celebrate a lot of Mexican Holidays, like Cinco De Mayo and Mexican Independence Day and of course Dios de los Muertes.... (I just like saying that) I love the cultural experiences here.

My menu for this morning was a big bowl of Oatmeal with banana slices. What I really wanted was an egg sandwich but I'm trying not to have bread two meals in a row and I want a sammie for lunch. I need to watch it carefully today, tomorrow's wedding may put a slight strain on my 'plan'.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad to hear you don't have an infection!

never gummy Tinkyada - I agree, the ONLY GF pasta I ever buy!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just another Manic Monday...whoawhoa......

Hi Girlie~Friends!!

Yes sirree, my wedding weekend was so much fun! I danced until I couldn't dance anymore! I've been taking advil ever since....lol.

This morning I got a leg cramp that rocked me out of bed, in my thigh again of all places. <--- (this is me in bed) rolling on the floor crying....

The ear is better, thanks for the well wishes.

It's raining here today, yippee and totally unexpected!

Back on track, gotta be careful and watch it all week, big DH birthday coming up on Friday, Halloween on Thursday, and who knows what else lurks on Saturday and Sunday...except I know that my son is moving home on Saturday...that's a whole other story and frankly I don't think I'm privy to the WHOLE story yet. Time will tell.....

I have my day of food planned down to the last point (yes, I'm counting points). Why? It helps.

How are you all???
Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!

Great that you had such a wonderful time at the wedding!
I've had some cramps in my thighs before and those are ouchy.. lately it's been my toes which really sucks between that and having to get up to pee in the middle of the night
Shockingly, I have not had 1 piece of Halloween candy, it's nuts! I think this is the first year EVER that I haven't "cheated" and had some...thanking my lucky lucky stars that it just doesn't appeal to me. You got another busy week, but sounds like lots of fun!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with Dani...it does sound like you've got another busy week ahead!

You're doing a great job with planning ahead. I need to follow your lead.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning girls!

Dani~toe cramps??? OMG that has to be painful! WTG on no candy! Keep on rockin' it girlfriend!

Jayce~ Planning is great, I'm still not even close to perfect but I know I'm way better off planning than not planning. It definitely helps keep the points lower.

Rain again today! Whooppeee! We need it so badly. Work yesterday was good but we were short handed, so busy for Monday, I hope people show up today....to work I mean.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, toe cramps...which usually lead to my entire foot after awhile.. It bites!

I wish we had rain! Looked like we were gonna get some the other day, but nope, that friggin sun just had to shine in all its glory! We're at least forecasted for mid-70's for the next 3 days.

Have a great day!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm about to go into rant/blog mode......

I know a plant based diet is 'good for you' (me)....I know there are some 'foods' out there that are truly not meant for human consumption. I know that diet without lifestyle change cannot stick. Diets don't work...unless they are a permanent change, unless you never go back to old habits...and may I say, old habits die hard?

In the last few weeks Ive been experimenting with a plant based low low fat WOE, while I may have lost a couple of pounds (I'm being generous here), my belly bloat has been worse than ever! This is a huge (No pun) problem for me. I work in a 'tucked in' shirt. This is not a pretty site. Pics from the wedding last week show an woman with skinny legs and a giant (IMHO) abdomen...the apple with legs syndrome that I have never wanted to have. Yes menopause may be in part to blame but my plant based diet is not helping with the bloat. In fact, it's maximizing it!

For the last couple of days, I've cut back on the healthy, plant based foods and have returned to the protein 'go-to' foods of my past. Salmon, chicken breast, steak on Sunday. I haven't weighed at all but I can safely and honestly say the the bloat has gone down, Way down. The bloat was supposed to be temporary, until the body adjusts to all that great fiber. Mine was not adjusting at all, well maybe adjusting outward around the middle.

Breakfast & Coffee 200 calories, 6 points

Again, I search for answers, in the meantime I'm counting points, still staying with low fat dressings & sauces, adding more lean protein and cutting out the healthy plant based starch...like rice and potatoes and bananas, sticking with the lower carb vegetables & fruits and 'light' bread or wraps if I must...and apparently I must.

I'm not sure where I'll land. JUDDD is never far from my mind but I have to be realistic...if I can't stay on it, it won't work. The main thing for me to remember, whatever I do I have to be consistent. The key is to psyche myself into being consistent.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 10-29-2013 at 07:24 AM..
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

I understand your frustration. I think you have to tailor your WOE to whatever works for YOU. No two people will respond to a WOE the exact same way -- you will find your "sweet spot" one day. I have full confidence you will.

I am going to focus on restricting my carbs in the later part of the day...I think carb-heavy dinners are a no-no for me, even if it fits within my calories.