Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
What, about 17 years? Or a bit more. But who's counting? Not me?

And yep they sure do add up fast. I feel pretty good though. Not hungry after lunch or anything. I do hate trying to figure out what is for dinner...no matter how I'm eating.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
There's no way there is that big a difference. Nope!!!

I hate the afternoon "planning" for dinner...hate it! You'd think I'd get a clue and maybe, say, PLAN! Then, hey, maybe there wouldn't be the mad scramble to get dinner on the table at o'dark-thirty!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I do like some blondes...hehe.

I think "sustainable" is the key word -- I cannot think of this as a diet any-friggin'-more! That mindset totally screws with me and then I start feeling deprived and all "woe is me." LOL

Thanks -- I forget how I found that quote. It may have been on Pinterest. Sometimes I just search for motivational things, depending on my mood.
Jayce, this is so much NOT a diet anymore. I feel that my life has been sitting for the past few years. Now I have a purpose in life. Good health for me and my family. They aren't totally on board with the no GMO's. But, you know, any change is an advantage.

Blonde, you are doing so good on this, keep it up. I'm going to follow along on your journey and see if it helps me too.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday's total 24/110 (15/100)

The overage yesterday came in the form of three tiny (and not even tasty) chicken fingers and a very tasty order of sweet potato fries (worth it). Next time I want sweet potato fries, I'll get just the fries.

I replied to your post yesterday Danielle but it went somewhere else I guess. At any rate I thought I was a good fifteen or more years older than you...

Lindy~ I think the thing I like the most at this very moment is no sense of panic like I usually get. The omg I ate this and now I'm so messed up on my plan why did I do that I hate myself now. I have a goal and I try to hit it. I don't feel the need to eat everything in sight because I blew it anyway. I'm calling myself a reformed Monday Morning Dieter. I'm so glad you're checking in, I want to know how you are doing as well! Gotta love the support here.

So I totally planned on having wine last night, after all it was Friday night but I had sweet potato fries instead. It wasn't even a struggle. I had to choose so I chose what I really wanted. If I want wine later tonight I will have to pick my food battle carefully.

Nothing big planned for today, it's suppose to be in the low 90's so yard work is out. DH has a gig tomorrow (3-7) and I'll be going to that. I don't drink at these events when I have to drive myself, ever.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Lots of fun and no guilt.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Another great day down! Woo hoo!

I don't think you're that much older than me? I'll be 44 this year..

Not alot planned for today... DD16 is at her SAT's as we speak, DD18 has to work and DH works all day.... it's supposed to get very very hot here this weekend so I'll be doing my best to hide inside in the a/c
Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good move, stay in the a/c...and run those stairs. Well I turned 57 this year so maybe just a bit older...enough to know that you love the eighties, and I'm in love with the 60's/70's, graduated 1973 at 17 and revere the hippie days of music ( Doors/Janis/Jimi Hendrix/Beatles/Stones) and the early 70's rock of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd/Ted Nugent, etc. Not to say I don't love lots of genre but these sort of define my youth. KWIM?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

HA! You're so funny!

I grew up listening to The Doors, Stones, Beatles & Janis.. my dad had old lp's laying around that I hoarded in my room when I was about 7 or 8.. Strong appreciation for history of music for sure! My 2 oldest are very musically obsessed like their parents..the little one, not-so-much.. DS loves Hendrix and has educated himself on many genre's..it's impressive really..
Yep, grew up an 80's teenager.. and when I met DH early 90's I got educated about even more music.. we've taught eachother lots which has been fun.. he came from a very punk-rock/alternative appreciation, and mine was very eclectic between alternative,pop, reggae, and country.. Totally love punk rock music, the old stuff.. and after learning so much in my history of rock music class, the appreciation for all generations has grown. Music just flat out rocks!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Girls, girls you are babies. I'm 66 and was 9 yrs old when Elvis sang on Ed Sullivan. Watched him. Of course, them was the dayz. Music has been so important to our lives that we can remember what we were doing by who was singing at the time. Loved 3 Dog Night. The best. Blonde it seems that we have the same taste in music totally.
Dani, my oldest DD is 43 and I remember going to see Journey. Loved them. I guess my taste has mellowed in the past few years. Now I really like Yanni and went to see him when he came to Shreveport. The only other group that came locally was the River Dance group and I loved the excitement. I'd love to see Cats but it won't come here in the backwater. I love live theater.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Blonde, your plan looks really good. I am one who cannot do really low carbs AND I have to watch my calories too. So I do a moderate LC plan. I also use some lower fat or fat free products so that I can add in the fat in with the tasty foods I love and where the fatty texture is most important to me. So I figured out a plan that works for me and that I can live live long term. I think this is the important thing, being able to live with a plan where you don't feel constantly deprived. While diet plans are good for some people it just seems that so many of us cannot stick with a strict general plan and we eventually fall off the wagon. I still think for me eating fairly LC is key. You are the only one who knows your lifestyle and what things will make you feel deprived. I have found that if something doesn't work I may need to modify it along the way. I have to have my plan work for me,,,it might not work for others, but it does for me.

I also have a meal or two on the weekend where I allow myself a high carb portion of food. I work it into my plan where it fits into my carb/calorie allowance. So I do have tortilla chips, hummus, the occasional french fries, popcorn or fried calamari. I just limit myself to a portion. The only time I limit myself is if I feel binge like about a food. Then I will skip that food but I will eat something higher fat and low carb that I love.

I also think that tracking all your food will really help you. I like to do it in advance so that I am not surprised by how much I actually eat at the end of the day. This is where the accountability really happens for me in logging the exact amounts I am eating. If I cannot weight or measure something it is so much hard to be accountable.

Good luck with your new plan!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Girls, girls you are babies. I'm 66 and was 9 yrs old when Elvis sang on Ed Sullivan. Watched him. Of course, them was the dayz. Music has been so important to our lives that we can remember what we were doing by who was singing at the time. Loved 3 Dog Night. The best. Blonde it seems that we have the same taste in music totally.
Dani, my oldest DD is 43 and I remember going to see Journey. Loved them. I guess my taste has mellowed in the past few years. Now I really like Yanni and went to see him when he came to Shreveport. The only other group that came locally was the River Dance group and I loved the excitement. I'd love to see Cats but it won't come here in the backwater. I love live theater.
Lindy~ I remember 'fat' Elvis on ED's show (69?). I watched the Beatles twice on Ed's, too. I love Journey and 3 Dog Night! Tom Petty. James Taylor speaks to my soul. Corny but true. Not much live theater in Shreveport? I could talk music all day long.....

Frankie~ thanks so much for coming by. I like the way you're working your plan and you're doing so well! Most everything you just said makes sense to me...tracking, planning, allowing certain splurges but avoiding the binge-y, using low fat/FF products when needed and having the high fat stuff when it's important, watching the carbs but not sweating them. I need this kind of freedom/discipline. Whether I drop weight on it is yet to be seen but I'm more at peace than I have been in a long while. Being at peace but not throwing in the towel is huge for me.

Been working on the floor with DH and DS, preparing it for tile. It's hot today and slow going. I made another dessert with Knox gelatin. Sort of 'made it up', we'll see how it turns out. I used two bars of fat free cream cheese (it's all I had, light cream cheese may have been better). 1/2 cup of Fage Greek yogurt, 1 cup of Splenda, 1 tablespoon of Lemon flavoring & tbs of lemon zest. mixed it all together in my mixer (after dissolving the gelatin in one cup of water). Poured it into a square 8X8 pan that I had sprinkled chopped hazelnuts onto the bottom. It's setting up and will be ready to taste in a couple of hours. I think it may need more lemon flavoring than 1 tbs. I was at the store this morning and saw "lemon pie" ice cream...and did not buy it, came home and improvised.

B: 3/27 ( eggs, toast, a bit of cheese & salsa)
Old 06-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

heehhee...fat Elvis......that's the one I remember. Love "old" Journey and Tom Petty..he's fun.

Can't wait to hear how they lemon thingy turns out!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No Lunch today. Daily totals after dinner: 5/65 without the Lemon thingy.

Dinner was Normandy Veg, Burger patty w/ Cheese and...er hem...a few cheetos. I have sugar and carbs to spare so maybe dessert and a glass of wine? Not sure, I'm still full from dinner.

Dani~ I'll keep ya posted on the Lemon.

Oh BTW: I watched a documentary on Netflix today called "Fat, Sick and Almost Dead" Holy Cow what an eye opener....

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-01-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday!

Danielle~ the Lemon Thingy was....hmmm...a disappointment. The flavor was decent but the texture was weird like flan jello. I think with a light cream cheese it would be better, all in all not too bad. It think next time I'll add some real lemon juice and make an almond meal crust. I can't begin to know how to count it but I'm fairly certain I didn't go over on sugar or carbs so I'll let it rest, No wine, either.

My flooring is over halfway finished and looks great. DH and son have a gig today so no work will be done on the floor today. That's okay, it's getting close.

Regarding the documentary I watched yesterday, wow it was so enlightening. Not that I want to juice fast for 60 days (at least not at this point) but I don't think I knew very much about macro and micro nutrients. It made me happy that I'm allowing myself 100 carbs per day so that I can get in the vegetables that I love so much. The transformation of the two men was inspiring and almost unbelievable if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Just wow.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Counting Grams to be accountable

Breakfast & snack: 6/25 Eggs, toast, cheese. Veg sunflower seeds & dressing.

I don't mind this (recording) at all but I do need to keep a paper with me when I can't get to the computer. It's not that I'm worried about going over, I just want to be accountable and it's easy to 'forget' what you had. You know, record everything and then when you're finished you remember hours later that you ate the cheese stick, or the peanut butter or the extra toast, etc.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dinner is unconventional tonight

Total sugars and carbs for the day 18/114 (15/100) Goal

For dinner I'm having Normandy vegetables w/ laughing cow cheese and 10 oz and red wine. It's what I want.

I'm pondering the sugar grams because it takes almost nothing to hit 15 grams. IDK. We'll see how it goes but I may count carbs only if it becomes too tedious and hard to do.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, Blonde, I think 100 carbs are a good number. That's what I have on my modified Perfect health diet. I'm totally not perfect on it. Too many things to get in my system. Sardines, bone broth, fermented veggies. etc. I'd like to but can't always have them available. Especially liver.

But I do keep my numbers up to 100 carbs, 75 g. protein and the rest of my 1300 calories is fat. One thing I love about that diet is the cooked, cooled potatoes and rice. After a few hours in the fridge, by heating gently in MW the starch is resistant. And it doesn't budge my BS at all. I'm not diabetic but I can tell if I get a sugar rush. (craving and hunger).

I've lost almost 5 lbs this last month on the program. I can totally live with that. I'm so excited that what we are doing is working. You are doing great.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Lindy- now I am intrigued that if you cool potatoes or rice and then reheat it loses starch? WOW!!!!!

Blonde I am confused what you are tracking is that sugar grams/total carbs, I think I am missing some of your posts, it infuriates me that I cant see things then maybe 3 days later it will show up!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #48

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Keep up the good work. Putting in floors is hard work. Glad you have a team helping! Let them do the work!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Jayce, this is so much NOT a diet anymore. I feel that my life has been sitting for the past few years. Now I have a purpose in life. Good health for me and my family. They aren't totally on board with the no GMO's. But, you know, any change is an advantage.

Blonde, you are doing so good on this, keep it up. I'm going to follow along on your journey and see if it helps me too.
Lindy, I like that..."a purpose in life." I think that is key -- how we "re-wire" our thinking regarding making healthier choices for our bodies. I always tended to view exercise as a chore and eating healthier foods as undesirable, taste-wise. I need to start changing my thought patterns and instead view these things as rewarding my body with what it truly deserves. Thanks for sharing!

Good morning, Blonde! How ya doing this Monday?
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday Morning Quarterback...

Quote:
Yeah, Blonde, I think 100 carbs are a good number. That's what I have on my modified Perfect health diet. I'm totally not perfect on it. Too many things to get in my system. Sardines, bone broth, fermented veggies. etc. I'd like to but can't always have them available. Especially liver.

But I do keep my numbers up to 100 carbs, 75 g. protein and the rest of my 1300 calories is fat. One thing I love about that diet is the cooked, cooled potatoes and rice. After a few hours in the fridge, by heating gently in MW the starch is resistant. And it doesn't budge my BS at all. I'm not diabetic but I can tell if I get a sugar rush. (craving and hunger).

I've lost almost 5 lbs this last month on the program. I can totally live with that. I'm so excited that what we are doing is working. You are doing great.
Lindy~ Yes, attaining perfection is impossible to do all the time and that's usually what gets me in trouble. I think 100 carbs is quite reasonable but the sugar grams are hard to hit. For example, this morning I grabbed a banana and a small greek yogurt and afterword checked sugar grams. 20 already. 35 carbs which is okay, it's one third of my day. That 15 number was kind of arbitrary. Congrats on the weight loss!! (I don't do liver )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lindy- now I am intrigued that if you cool potatoes or rice and then reheat it loses starch? WOW!!!!!

Blonde I am confused what you are tracking is that sugar grams/total carbs, I think I am missing some of your posts, it infuriates me that I cant see things then maybe 3 days later it will show up!!!!
Hi Amber! Yeah, honey I'm confused too. I was tracking sugar grams (15) and total carbs (100). The sugar thing has me working twice as hard to record and it's so easy to hit 15 and go over in an instant. To make things easier (for now) I'm going to track my 100g carbs and let the chips fall where they may.

The cold potatoes and rice are "resistant starch", definitely still starch. Good for the gut flora, and big part of the PHD Thread. Check it out.

Perfect Health - JUNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Keep up the good work. Putting in floors is hard work. Glad you have a team helping! Let them do the work!
The floors are half done and look great. How are you doing Monica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Lindy, I like that..."a purpose in life." I think that is key -- how we "re-wire" our thinking regarding making healthier choices for our bodies. I always tended to view exercise as a chore and eating healthier foods as undesirable, taste-wise. I need to start changing my thought patterns and instead view these things as rewarding my body with what it truly deserves. Thanks for sharing!

Good morning, Blonde! How ya doing this Monday?

Good Morning Jayce! I'm doing well, thanks! Your observations about making healthier choices are spot on. If we can change the way we think about things we can really change.

I hit my targets yesterday and then blew right threw them. I'll spare you the gory details because today is another day.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 06-03-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hey Blonde, hope you're doing better today. Won't talk about it. My day is good. Down another lb to 228.8. I can't tell you how long I went not losing a pound. About 3 mo. Very distressing. Especially when I would see these people that have lost 50/60/70 lbs in less than a year. So now I'm less than I've been in over 10 yrs. Yea!!!!!!
I just feel we are making the right decision to recommit to making a real advance on our lifestyle.

I made my fermented veggies a few days ago and will pop them open to try today. Hope I like them.

Amber, I am liking the potato and rice thing. It doesn't affect me like normal starches do.

Jayce, what a sweetie. Thank you.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

15/100 Goal

Hi Lindy! Congratulations on your new low! I can relate to slow losing for sure. Let me know how the veggies came out? I'm so happy you're doing so well!

21/93 is my current total before dinner. The banana boosted me way up to start and the tortilla chips brought me the rest of the way. I didn't buy them I swear, DH brought them home last night and they called my name after work today and thus became my lunch. I know, I really must exert more self-control and in a way I did. I stayed under 100g carbs.

I will have veggies for dinner and maybe some turkey. That'll teach me to spend it all in one place. This is the experiment.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #53

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Lindy- do you make Kefir to drink? I was doing that and I really should again, and also as far as fermented veggies that is a good thing, I open a can of saurkraut and put it on my salads it is so good, give that a whirl, I make bone broth too and use that for everything. I have been all over trying stuff to lose and maintain this weight loss, its weird how what works all of a sudden stops working!

Blonde- tracking sugar is a good thing, there is a lot of hidden sugar in things!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #54

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
CHIPS are my down fall! The BAG is my serving. Small Bag, medium, XL, no matter. Open bag must be emptied! GRRRR I try to stay away from them, they call my name too!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lindy- do you make Kefir to drink? I was doing that and I really should again, and also as far as fermented veggies that is a good thing, I open a can of saurkraut and put it on my salads it is so good, give that a whirl, I make bone broth too and use that for everything. I have been all over trying stuff to lose and maintain this weight loss, its weird how what works all of a sudden stops working!

Blonde- tracking sugar is a good thing, there is a lot of hidden sugar in things!!!
Amber, it sounds like your would LOVE The Perfect Health Diet (PHD) They're all about kefir and fermented veggies. Did you get a chance to check out the thread? I can relate to stuff not working when it once worked. What are our choices? Give up or keep looking, right? Regarding sugar, you're right. I set myself up for this and I owe it to myself to keep track, at least until I become completely familiar with the counts of certain foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
CHIPS are my down fall! The BAG is my serving. Small Bag, medium, XL, no matter. Open bag must be emptied! GRRRR I try to stay away from them, they call my name too!
Me too, Monica! The bag is my serving . Isn't it funny, we resolve to not bring something home and then someone else brings it, almost immediately? It's like the opposite of divine intervention... it's a challenge from the Diet Devil > "Oh look, a giant bag of chips...on your Kitchen counter. Have some? Just one? NO? Maybe you should eat them...til they're all gone. Then you won't have to look at them anymore..."

I ended my day with 23/129. Higher than I aimed for, but I'm not sweating the small stuff, just continuing the count and aiming for the goal. Something I've noticed by counting these things: It's never as bad as I thought it was! Eating chips for lunch and having a serving of mashed potatoes with my turkey seemed (in my head) to be overkill and a complete loss. However when everything was added up it wasn't horrible. The good thing about this is NOT throwing in the towel and eating a whole cake...because I blew it anyway. KWIM
This is a GOOD thing.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Morning all, hope your day is going great. I went to the grocery store to update my supplies and bought some fried chicken livers for a time saver on my weekly liver fix. Breaded of course.
But my weight stayed the same so I'm not going to beat myself up.
I opened my fermented veggies this morning. Not ready yet. Really mild. But I think I can adjust to them daily. It's all to being open to new things.
I haven't really tried any other new things yet. Intimidated at making new stuff. But it'll come.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hope you're having a great Tuesday! It's nice and bright here...
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing so well!!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani! You wouldn't say that if you could see me wringing my hands and eye-balling that other bag of chips.

Mornin' Jayce! It is a gorgeous day here as well....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

HA! I can just imagine!!! Only my hand-wringing is over the box of Ghiradelli brownie mix sitting on my counter.. I've been totally fine with this thing sitting here, totally ignored it for months..and forwhatever reason (dang AF!) I WANT to make those brownies!!