Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Fall is officially here...

90 degrees yesterday and freezing in my house this morning! DH just left for work and I'm roasting butternut squash cubes in the oven. That's the best part of a cold morning, being able to roast or bake something without having a too hot house later. Work this morning for me.

The weekend was mostly uneventful. We went out Friday night to DD's for BBQ, then for a short ride on Saturday. Yesterday DH was sooo tired he kept napping off and on. We stayed in and watched B movies off of Fear.net, with popcorn and grilled cheese. Went to bed extra early and woke up the same...extra early. It's 6am and the sun is rising (barely)...I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. I've been up and at 'em for hours.....
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good to see you!

It's lovely to be able to open the windows here in the evening once the sun goes down, and leave them open all night thru the first part of the morning. Once the sun goes into full effect tho', time to roll'em up! Nice to get at least a little glimmer of fall weather

Mmmmmmmm grilled cheese One of my fave comfort foods! DH makes the best! Sounds like a pretty good weekend!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Danielle!

So sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've been working a lot...

And of course I am rethinking my WOE...once again. I got my nutribullet, it's so awesome! I've been using it everyday at some point or another. I've been trying to get in as many fruits and veg as I can, everyday. I've cut waaaay back on fats and dairy. In fact, I have had a couple of dairy 'binge' of gf toast and laughing cow cheese wedges...I've got to stop buying that stuff. I've cut way back on meats as well and have upped my intake of starchy veggies, brown rice and potatoes...as my "meat". I'm re-reading my McDougall, Esselstyn, Ornish, & Furhman books. Yes, I have a whole library of WOE's. My Doctor told me to get my cholesterol and sugar under control or else (statins). I don't want to take them, I'll have to tell her no. I'd rather just NOT need them. KWIM? I don't know where this is taking me, or how long I'll do it. I feel pretty good, I guess that's what I'm looking for, to feel better (and possibly lower my cholesterol). I have literally been avoiding my Doctor because of it. This morning's breakfast was a packed cup of spinach, a banana, an apple and a handful of blueberries...in my nutribullet w/water. I drank it. Not bad at all. I have potatoes in the Micro, and butternut squash in the oven... I've been at this for about a week.

Work has been...difficult. The 8 weeks of not working at the restaurant took a toll on my physical health. First the broken toe, then Geico (on my seat) for almost 6 weeks. I'm starting to feel stronger but I leave working feeling...well...worked. For some reason when I came back, they thought I might work 5 days a week and some dinners as well as lunches. I've been trying but it's super hard on the old body. That's why I'm looking to up my nutrition as much as I can with the extra antioxidants.

It rained cats and dogs yesterday and last night. A real 'toad strangler". I loved it!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! So happy to see you here this morning!

We all have to do what we have to do to feel better. If this makes you happy and is helping you then it's what you need right now. You know me, I am not above jumping ship and finding a new home when I have to! You know I support you in whatever it is you need to do.

Are you going to continue with the 5 days and dinners or are you going to adjust your schedule some so that you don't get so overly tired? Take care of yourself!!!!

♥ You!!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 10-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Here is a copy of something that was sent to me. Scroll down to Cholestral for amounts. I have no idea if this works, but this is not the first time I have heard about this. A friend got rid of her chronic cough by using honey.

Cinnamon and Honey

It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.
Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder....who knew?

Cinnamon and Honey

It is found that a mix of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also note honey as very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without side effects which is also a plus.
Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, when it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm even diabetic patients. Researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, put it on toast instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol and could potentially save one from heart attack. Also, even if you have already had an attack studies show you could be kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of cinnamon honey strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder....who knew?

CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterolcould be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural 'Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.

WEIGHT LOSSaily in the morning one half hour before
breakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing. Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it!: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water given to a cholesterol patient was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, when taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol could be cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and, clear the sinuses, and it's delicious too!

UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also is said to clear stomach ulcers from its root.

GAS: According to the studies done in India and Japan, it is revealed that when Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles (where DNA is contained) to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural 'Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.

LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Use four teaspoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of boiling water to make a tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans increase and even a 100 year old will start performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

RASPY OR SORE THROAT: When throat has a tickle or is raspy, take one tablespoon of honey and sip until gone. Repeat every three hours until throat is without symptoms.

PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water. When done daily for two weeks, it removes all pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin Infections.

WEIGHT LOSSaily in the morning one half hour before
breakfast and on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder three times a day for one month.

FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, even when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, when taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M., the vitality of the body increases within a week.

BAD BREATH: People of South America, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing. Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #546
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How goes it girl??? Looks like you are getting back in the swing of things!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #547

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey Blonde, I am back after a long move, and not having my head in the right place, wanted to say hello!!!
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my lovely lady friends.....thank you for hanging with me. Thanks for the great advice Seabreezes! Amber good to see you! Welcome back! Dani~ sorry I've been so absent...I'm going to try harder to get there, I need it and my LC friends.

Well the unthinkable happened this morning...my dear hubby has noticed that I'm overweight.Yes he noticed. And just because he hasn't said anything about it before, doesn't mean he didn't know. And did I know that Dr. OZ discovered a fruit that could melt fat? He doesn't know what the problem could be? Am I depressed? Am I binge eating all day while he's at work? Hello?? Am I mad now? Why am I not responding? Hello?

What I could I possibly have to say to all of this? Does he want an apology, I asked. Am I to explain myself? Does he think I am in the dark about this? I clammed up like a ...well a clam. Tight. Shut. As he went out the door to work he demanded that I not be so pissed off about him saying something. I'm not pissed, I said. I meant it. I'm not pissed. I'm...wondering...what he could possibly know about binge eating? What has he been reading, who has he been talking to....? Has he been reading my e-journal? Of course I know he knows I'm fat! I mean he'd have to be blind. But really...what am I to do? Make a quick appointment for liposuction? Wear a girdle? Maybe higher heels? Starve myself? As if I weren't struggling enough I now have to prove myself somehow that I'm doing something to get rid of the excess.....am I pissed? No. I'm devastated.

Quick...instant...fast just became too slow...
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Blonde! Nice to see your face.

Well, I know that most of us can relate to your feelings when he brought up this subject...I'm sure we're all a bit sensitive when it comes to this topic, and oftentimes, the male delivery of "advice" can come across the wrong way.

I know it hurts -- I can totally understand! I think you should allow yourself the time to experience your feelings, then take it a step at a time from there. If you'd like to address the topic w/ him, you could just be honest & state ways you've incorporated healthier changes into your life (e.g. the Nutribullet usage). Women's bodies have a lot more going on inside than men's, usually -- especially hormones.

Hugs to you...I hope your day gets better.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

What she said! ^^^^^^^^ Good advice, Jayce!

First of all, I'm so happy to see you, honey!

This whole thing with the hubbs.... hmmmm, that is somethin'.. Like Jayce said, in all honesty, I don't think it came out quite the way he intended for it to. Men's delivery on certain things leaves alot to be desired, that's for sure! We all know here all of the things that you have been doing to incorporate a healthier lifestyle, so maybe now he needs to be enlightened to it if he's not already? I'm so so so so sorry that you're feelings were hurt. That makes me sad. But, I really don't think he meant it to be mean, but maybe more out of fear or concern cause he doesn't want anything to happen to you & it just kinda tumbled out all wrong. That man loves you something awful so know that it has nothing to do with that, but more out of being afraid that you won't be there with him. DH has said things kinda "in general" about BOTH of us (me & him) and my feelings got hurt too, so I know what it feels like.. especially since I've been busting my butt with everything the last year or so!

Praying your day goes better and you can gain some perspective. I do think you need to tell him how it made you feel and get to the bottom of where his head is at. I love you!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you both, wonderful thoughts and advice. Wow the tears are really spilling out now. It's hard to see the screen. I love you both for your thoughtful replies...

I am beside myself right now, mostly because there's no instant solution. There never was.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Thank you both, wonderful thoughts and advice. Wow the tears are really spilling out now. It's hard to see the screen. I love you both for your thoughtful replies...

I am beside myself right now, mostly because there's no instant solution. There never was.
Let those tears flow! It's therapeutic, dagnabbit!

Weight loss is such a complicated, involved topic -- there are many different facets (physical, emotional, mental, etc.), and EVERY body is unique also!

We ya too...
Old 10-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #553

Oh Blonde, I am with Dani, I think he said it out of concern because he wants you to be around a long time, but men are douches when it comes to delivery! Tony knows I will rip his testicles off if he says anything, LOL Like hello we all know we have a problem! I will tell Tony, dont let me eat crap, I am being strict,then he will say should you be eating that, and I get so mad! He has learned to say NOTHING in the area of weight loss, that was why I was so surprised the other night when he said how proud he was of me, it is such a deeply personal crisis we have going on internally with ourselves, having it pointed out can tick you off!
Dont let it get you down, you know what you need to do, I would say hello, I didnt get fat overnight, so it is going to take some time to get it off, I am working on it, and just forget it!
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #554
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in today...how's things? Thought about you all day yesterday.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello lovely friends. Thanks again! You are so precious to me, I don't know what I would do without you to bolster me and make me feel better.

Saturday was quiet...until I brought the subject up, I couldn't stand walking around on tiptoes and letting the whole thing foul our weekend. Needless to say you were all right about his reasoning...he loves me, he doesn't want to be left behind, alone, if I die too young because I didn't take care of myself....he wants me to be healthy and happy and Amber you are so right on, his delivery sucks big time! I'm still not sure what to do, foodwise, I'm mulling over some changes but I need to be sure before I talk about it. Of course we have 'made up' but I can;t help feeling like I've been 'blind-sided on 'Survivor'.

Birthday party here today for SIL, I'm making a VAT of homemade chili (his favorite) and everyone is coming in a few hours. Much more to do.

Again love to you all!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Mama!
I'm glad you talked to hubbs.. Yes, his delivery was bad, the good intention was there. We gotta take the positive out of this and try and leave the connotation behind. I know it still stings, so be kind to yourself through all of this. You do what ever it is you think will help you to feel better. You know I'll be right beside you supporting you All. The. Way. ALWAYS!

I hope the party was a huge fun success!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #557

Blonde I am glad you talked to your hubs, and hey it would be worse if he didnt care about having you around so see it all came from love, but they just are terrible about approach! Men are so literal! It was good you addressed it though, oh man I am a stewer and I get quiet, so tony always knows when I am babbling something is up!! LOL

You will figure out what works,
Bejewelme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Danielle and Amber!

Dani I so know you have my back, and ditto to you!!

Amber I get quiet too but it really hurts me to do that. I also tend to stew and get really sarcastic. The morning we had the 'little discussion" as he was leaving he said "Don't forget to put the butter away" I said "I was thinking of finishing it off after you leave"!

Yesterday's birthday party was a success...and a bit nutty. Hubby and I spent the day fine tuning the house and patio area, everything looked great...DD the youngest came over with 5 dogs ( her two small dogs, her MIL's small dog and her two BIG puppies (70lbs+) Are you kidding me???? Chaos reigned for about 10 minutes, my three dogs going bonkers over all the visiting dogs...then it all settled down to a dull roar...DD the elder then came with her 2lb chihuahua who was having a mental moment and couldn't be without her stuffed lion, she threatened to 'eat alive' any dog who came near it, no matter how large. It was crazy and fun...the chili was deemed the 'best ever', we played bean bag toss in the back yard, watched part of the Colts/Broncos game, still back slapping each other over the Charger's earlier win...then at approx 8:00 pm I got a raging headache, excused myself and went to bed. I had had all I could stands (as Popeye used to say) and had to lay somewhere quiet and dark. Everyone carried on the play for awhile but being a school and work night it all came to an end around 9:00 or so. I was oblivious....

My plan for the day...eat healthy whole food. I work at 11:00 so I'll get in some moderate exercise. Still formulating a lifestyle plan, probably the only way I'm going to overcome this weight issue.

Do you ever wish we could have a slumber party??
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #559

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Blonde - I am so sorry about what your DH said. Sometimes men, they don't think before they speak. I mean really! OH girl, my thoughts are with you. I have been so many sizes. I know the pain you are going through. I have been battling headaches all week. NO FUN! One thing in reading your journal, remember to take care of YOU! You are like me, you are a DOER for everyone else. Always putting yourself last. YOU should also be a priority of YOU!

Slumber party? I would so be there!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh thank you Monica! Yes it's been hard but it has also made me start to think about making some real progress. Yes you're right, I am a doer and it's hard to focus on myself but a necessary thing to do. It's been such a long time since I've had any significant weight loss, not since I was JUDDD'ing but for some reason I can't get on that bandwagon right now. I wish I could, I know it works and makes me feel great. I don't know what's stopping me....
Old 10-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad the party was a hit! Bummer about the headaches tho Hoping you're feeling back to yourself this morning? Have a great day, lady!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is the day.

Started out my morning with GF toast and FF cheese slice, followed by Weight control oatmeal. Maybe it's the Claritin but I felt the need for more food in my tummy this morning. Starting today, I'm logging in all of my food intake on a site to keep me accountable. The other day I bought some Eggbeaters, ff cheese, 0% Fage and FF cottage cheese. I wanted to make sure the protein I'm having is virtually fat free. I guess that I'm leaning toward a semi-vegetarian diet with a major emphasis on fruits, veggies, nuts, beans & GF grains with a minor in fat free proteins. Ideally I would like to eliminate dairy, my addiction...and maybe with time I can. My cholesterol was very high at my last lab appointment so I'm sure this woe will help with that somewhat. I don't want to take Statins, I do want to lose weight...we'll see. At least I'll be eating whole foods and minimal saturated fats. That can't be wrong...right?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Hello there! Today IS the day, and you can do whatever you set your mind to. Even what seem like "small" choices can add up to big success down the road!

I hope you have a good day at work!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jayce, thank you!! That is my HOPE! Small changes big results.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tuesday

Did pretty good yesterday, stayed within my guidelines (low fat, whole foods). I must say though it can be rather boring and I more than likely went over any calorie limits I may or may not have set. I'm so up in the air about stuff...It seems that in order to reduce my cholesterol I have to reduce the fat in my diet...I think if I were still 30 (or even 40) I would shun the low fat recommendations and go for low carb but I'm pushing 60 (I'm well on the dark side of 50). I need to take all things into consideration.

I've read so many books on nutrition just since I left Geico. It's amazing to me how people (experts) can be on polar opposite ends regarding the subject. They all agree that the most successful diets are the ones that allow the dieter to eat food that they prefer. The one program that allows a bit of everything is the DASH diet. Of course it's all moderation in the end. Non-fat or low fat proteins, lean poultry, fish, fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes. Limited sugar. No added fats. No fried, no fatty...anything. This is also Dr. Dean Ornish's Spectrum plan. Neither of these plans is going to be good for my peanut butter habit...On the other ends are low carb or low fat vegan. 'm still watching my gluten intake, I got kinda lax about it but I'm tightening down on my consumption.

It's a one day at a time thing, I know. I've also resigned myself to the fact that it will be slow. Slow on a down trend is better than slow on an UP trend.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Great day yesterday!
I get a headache thinking about all the various books I've read about different plans, lifestyles, exercise, etc. I just want that one thing that I can LIVE with forever, yanno?! I know you'll figure out how you want to eat, you're a smart cookie.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My menu for today

Following the DASH guidelines and calling it 30 WW points, I begin.....

B: GF toast (2) FF cheese slice (1) egg beaters (1) FF cottage cheese (1)

L: Baked potatoes and carrots (8) salsa (0) ff Mozz (3) Apple (0)

D: Brown rice Angel Hair Pasta (5) Marinara (2) mushrooms (0) BIG Green salad w/tomatoes (0) Bolt house Ranch Dressing (2)

S: Quaker Weight control Oatmeal (4) Raisins (1)

You notice there's no meat on my menu planner? It worked out that way for today. The only added fat here is the salad dressing and it's my understanding that a bit of oil is needed to help metabolize greens. Since I'm typically a 'volume' eater, having salad and low cal veggies will allow me to have more food.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Great day yesterday!
I get a headache thinking about all the various books I've read about different plans, lifestyles, exercise, etc. I just want that one thing that I can LIVE with forever, yanno?! I know you'll figure out how you want to eat, you're a smart cookie.
Aww thank you Dani! I don't know how smart I am when it comes to food. My brain is often in competition with my 'feelings'. Like you I have a 'vast' library of WOE's and you know...they ALL have merit. I just have to do the one I can sustain for the long haul. Being able to follow day in and day out is the only way I'm going to make it.

Hope you have a really good day!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

I've always said I need to lop off my head in order to see this weight loss thing through All of my thinking (overthinking?) gets me into trouble all the time. Really learning to just trust this process and put it into Chris' hands and do it how he wrote it. So far he hasn't let me down! It's hard though, I tell ya some days I'm white-knuckling it to get through, especially on days when the scale is sketch!

Food looks good! I still haven't gotten DD to try any GF bread..heck, I'm still trying to get her to try the waffles that have been sitting in my freezer for the last 6 months We've given up on that bread aspect for her...right now the bigger issue is getting her to just consume enough calories through the day--she keeps dropping weight!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 10-22-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yea, I agree...I overthink tons of things! Heck, I could be in the hair product aisle & spend 20 minutes selecting a friggin' mousse or gel b/c I get consumed looking up reviews on products while standing there. Sheesh!