Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Today is the first day of the rest of your life....

Don't know why but I had to say that.

Sunday, right on! Live for the little things, for sure. I had this vision of myself working at Geico day in and day out and I could not wrap my head around it. I think of many things I've done over the years, you know...carried on way too long with things that were not worth it. We don't know in youth that so many things are fleeting and other times/experiences that feel like the worst stuff ever will eventually pass on to new times, new adventures. Even knowing what I know, I wasted a few weeks at Geico that could have been better spent...Live and learn. Never stop learning.

Hey Dani~ the hanger/wire pulling went well. We finally got the cameras all hooked up and when it got dark the infrared kicked in. To our astonishment and delight we watched dozens of orbs come in and out of the front door, through the garage door and into the back door! At first it was kind of startling, then we took turns walking in and out of the house and watched the orbs exit to follow us, then return when we returned. (We watched all of this in playback mode). I don't know much about the orb phenomenon but it was super-cool to say the least!

The sun is finally up. It was actually cold this morning! In the low 60's. It's going to peak at 89 today then back down tonight. Fall has arrived! Warm shorter days, cool nights and Santana Season. It's been so dry this summer, fires are inevitable. I hope we're prepared, that the firefighters are diligent and can stay ahead of them.

On a another note ...I bought a Nutri-Bullett. Gonna nutri-blast some veggies and seeds when it arrives.
6/27~226.6
8/01~235
8/06~233
8/15~229.8
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Blonde! Sounds like you've been productive over there...I will be interested to hear about your blending/processing adventures!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Wow, I'm intrigued about the orbs! I love stuff like that. Isn't it said that the orbs are spirits or energy? You probably had so many because you have such good energy in your aura.

I saw that nutribullet thingy at Wally World the other day.. spendy little sucker! I hope you love it!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani I got mine for $80 from HSN, with a coupon and free shipping. Really good deal! Yes orbs are definitely energy and quite possibly spirits. Very cool.

Jayce Hiya! Yes I'm excited to add the good things like raw kale and raw broccoli, fresh berries, raw almonds etc to a morning drink (maybe even for dinner). I don't get nearly enough of those things in my diet, I'm hoping for feeling better and having more energy and dropping some L-B's. I've watched some amazing videos on Netflix over the last few months that speak of the great health benefits of greens and things.

Going out to get a new pair of work shoes, mine are holey.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
That is so interesting about the orbs! I love that stuff, too. A couple of years ago, I went through a period of seeing the numbers 11:11 constantly - on clocks, cars, receipts, anywhere I went. It happened enough that I felt there was something to it. I googled that and of course there are several theories but the one I liked best is that people who see that number are surrounded by "guides" or "guardian angels" and that is how they make their presence known. Don't know if it is true or not but it sure is comforting! LOL!

Is Nutribullet like a Ninja or Magic Bullet? Never mind - just went to google. That seems way more powerful than a Magic Bullet. I want to hear what you do with it.

And only you would have "holy" shoes, Sister Blonde.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Hey Ladies,
What a great day. Blonde, I love my magic bullet. I bought one of the bogo last year for my two daughters for Christmas. Of course, after all the shipping and all they still cost $90 apiece. And Aimee doesn't like hers but since we live together, guess who uses it daily. ha.
I'm doing pretty good on the diet. I don't really diet anymore but do try to eat a lot of fruit and veggies. Still pretty LC. I have dropped 5 lbs this month down to 222. Not bad since I started one year ago at 265. You know I just didn't seem to lose weight. One or two lbs a mon. But when I started PHD it seemed to be a turning point. Slow but steady. Of course, I still seemed to sit still mainly until I started the physical labor. That's the ticket.
Blonde, I am thinking of doing a journal. It's new to me. Where should I focus it on, not LC or paleo. Healthy eating? Hum.
Ok, now for the BIG news of the day. I'm getting some chickens. Wow.
Someone gave Aimee (owns a dog grooming shop) a large 12 x 12' dog kennel. I ask for it and it's sitting by my garden as we speak. Yea!! I only want 4-6 chickens and it will do for now. I have room to add a chicken run for it. And I live in zone 8B so it never (almost) gets really cold. It's a beautiful shady area. I am so loving my life right now. I got my first raised garden bed up and running. Planted this morning. Just a few things that will get started before fall. Spinach and such. I went to the grocery store yesterday and was going to buy some Chard (never had it before) to see if I wanted to plant it. $3.59 for a small bunch. I will be growing it for around a dime. Even if I don't like it, by God, I gonna eat it. ha
Sunday, I think that I will stick around with Blonde for a while. Love you two and rather just talk to you guys. And get to know you other ladies. Dani, I talked with you before. Hope you don't mind my rambling on so. I won't be so verbose next time Blonde. Sorry about that.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday...for a hamburger today."

Happy Tuesday LC friends. Does anyone remember that quote? Wimpy, of the Popeye cartoons was always saying that, trying to get a few dozen burgers for free. He used to make me so hungry.

Laura! I see 11:11 all the time! I also see 1:11 & 3:33 a lot! The orbs are fascinating. While I was watching I kinda creeped myself out thinking about Poltergeist(the Movie) and how excited they were to see Carol Ann slide across the kitchen floor..then it all went south. I've seen orbs in pictures before and of course it gets explained away by 'lighting' etc, but this is in pitch dark under infrared. Seriously cool stuff. I am no holier than thou, Ellgee. I'm chomping at the bit to get my Nutribullet! I plan to have at least one "Nutriblast" a day. Do you ever buy produce and then you don't eat it? This thing is a great way to use stuff before it goes bad, like spinach or broccoli slaw, carrots, apples & oranges (I have two orange trees) plus romaine and other greens etc. I want to start using kale and it's pretty tough, requires some cooking but not if I 'blast' it. I also have the powdered 'super greens' to throw in as well as flax and chia seeds. It also has an attachment for grinding spices, seeds and grains dry. I'll keep you posted!

Lindy! You are welcome here and you can be just as verbose as you like! Congrats on the weight loss. Regarding your journal, I think you should concentrate on your new lifestyle and your health. You can talk about all the aspects such as your way of eating, weight loss and energy, your gardening, your family and your new chickens! You're going to have the freshest eggs available! Your garden sounds grand. I wish I loved the dirt as much as my hubby. I mostly like eating the rewards while he does all the work.

Speaking of work...last night was good. We weren't too busy and I managed. Dinners are so different than lunches. For one thing it got dark outside. We are running the 'never-ending' pasta bowl promotion and believe me when I tell you, it does end, eventually. I served up several and refilled many. I did enjoy it, though. Lunches on the other hand are a continuous run to refill soup, salad, bread sticks and water, repeat ad nauseum....dinner was more even paced and not so frantic. I work again tonight, then do lunches for the remainder of the week. I feel exercised for sure. My feet were really throbbing by the end. I had to stop at the store first and get dog food for today. I came home and ate steamed veggies, some butternut squash, an apple, a banana, a spoonful of peanut butter and a handful of almonds. Weird I know, but man it was good! I slept kinda rough...achy feet, achy shoulders and a leg cramp that sent me jumping out of bed about 4:00 am. I went back to sleep, the alarm went off at 5 am and here I am....again.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, my dad used to call me Wimpy when I was little! I was always asking him if we could stop for a cheeseburger. I loved those happy meals! One year, when I was like 13'ish...for xmas he gave me a Wimpy coffee mug. I still have it, I never used it-just sat on a shelf.

Glad the dinner thing was doable. Sometimes a little change is all it takes to get things flowing again. Ugh, cramps....I have had them for weeks now and I cannot get rid of them, even WITH potassium supps..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wednesday Morning...ready to roll.

Dani~ that's so cute that your Dad called you Wimpy! I remember watching Wimpy eat a platter full of cartoon burgers and wish that I had just one of them. Burgers are the best. Sounds like it's time to start using that special mug.

Last night....oy! It was so busy at the restaurant! I worked until after 8 pm and my feet were hurting so badly...but I made really good tips! No wonder people want the night shifts! Lunch shift for the next three days...every time I think about giving one of them away I think "paid work-out, suck it up"! My feet have recovered this morning...

The last two nights I've come home starving and have had steamed veggies w/ laughing cow wedges, an apple and some almonds. Very filling stuff. I know that 'right before bed' is not the time to eat a heavy meal. Today I'm planning to have salmon and salad for lunch after my shift is over. YUM. Still serving up the 'never-ending' pasta and while it looks amazing, I can see the bloat in every bowl...so, that would be no. I need to stop by Sprouts either before or after work to pick up some GF bread. I know I'm going to eat it so it better be the GF kind.

Not much else happening that I can think of...I wonder when my Nutribullet is coming?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #520
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, my feet were aching just reading your post! I dunno how well I'd do at something like that. You're a better woman than I! It's good that there's a payoff to being there in the evenings......tips!!

I had my last meal literally about 45 min. before bed last night.. it wasn't *that* heavy...just some granola and a banana..but I had to get that 5th meal in at the 3hr mark.. I was worried about the scale..but it went down, surprisingly! I HAVE to keep reminding myself to just trust the process and do as I'm told. Yeah. Right!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wanna eat 5 times a day and lose weight!! I'm so happy this is a good fit for you, you deserve great results.

Yes, my feet. I don't want you to think my enthusiasm is waning, but I have to say that yesterday was hard. Working til 8 the night before and then doing a back to back lunch...needless to say, by 2:00 yesterday I was fried cheese. I'm still tired this morning and I'm off to work at 11. The only reprieve I have is my darling girl wants my shift tomorrow and I'm giving it to her. I seriously need a day off. I've made well over $100 just in tips in 3 shifts, that in itself is worth the sore feet.

My Nutribullet came yesterday but I was too tired to open the box. This morning I set it up (easy peasy) and made a nutri-blast with spinach, apple and blueberries. Now I have a bit of a tummy ache but it could be the pizza I had for dinner. DH brought it home, I ate it. Nuff said. I really need to snap out of it this morning...I feel like....zzzzzz...huh!?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, I'm sorry you're tired! I'd give that shift away too and sleep!

DD17 asked me if I'd lost anything yet, she counted my stones in my jar and was like OMG 6 pounds already! She says, who'd have thought by eating all that food you'd lose weight too. Go figure, eh?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #523
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Blonde - sorry about the sore feet, but you have done really well in tips! Keep it up! So, how is the smothie with the spinach and fruit? It sounds really GROSS to me!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Just dropping in to say hello! I am doing great all in all. However, my ultrasound says that I need a biopsy. So, unfortunately, I will go in on Tues to the best GYN in town. I have a suspicion that this means hysterectomy, which is okay by me, except that at my age, I am wondering why now? Oh well.

Lindy, I would love to have my own laying hens. I think you will be having a grand time with your own hens.

Dani, What WOE are you doing now? Great to hear that it is working for you!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, lady! Happy Friday!

sunday, *hugs* to you -- hope it all works out!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning Ladies!

Dani~ 6 pounds is awesome! I'm down a couple myself, surprising after having pizza Wednesday night...I'm so looking forward to the weekend!

Monica, not really gross but spinach is bitter and the apple and blueberries helped to disguise this. Not so much a smoothie though, I made the consistency thin...too thick would not be appealing to me unless it was ice cream. I do like the idea of getting in the greens any way possible.

Sunday, good to hear from you! I'm so sorry about your GYN troubles...it does seem moot to have a hysterectomy at this juncture of your life but if the 'parts' are making you unwell, then best begone with them. I would do the same. Feel better and please keep me posted? Isn't Lindy a hoot? She has so much energy and verve and now chickens to roost.

Jayce, how ya doin' lady? Made any new dishes lately? I love that your boyfriend is leading you to explore the kitchen!

Had a very nice lunch shift yesterday, it was the first time this week that I left work feeling like I still had more to give. Either I'm adjusting or ....IDK. Today is laundry day, a trip to Costco, and some home clean up. I also need to keep an eye on my sharpei mix dog, she has been chasing the wild bunny all over the yard to her own detriment, tearing up her face in the process and now is wearing 'the cone of shame'. She has a nasty cut on her face and needs to be controlled until it heals. This dog knows no fear and will hurt herself trying to get whatever critter she's after. The other two? They lie in wait, but never get up to chase.....
Old 09-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #527
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin! Thanks for the support, it means a lot. Good job on the loss, that's probably all that running around you do at work working for you!

I'm in the Monica camp....those thingies you're whipping up...ummmm, nosomuch.

Feeling like you had more to give is your body's way of telling ya you're back in the game, baby! You're adapting and this will be good so you won't be feeling so exhausted and maybe you're feet will feel alittle better? Let's hope! Sore feet are oogie!

Your dogs sound like a hoot....as I sit 500 miles away and chuckle, of course! It's probably not so funny having to deal with their shenanigans, huh?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YAY! Did I make you chuckle? I love my dogs, they're my furry children and they are good company. They also eat a ton and have a heavy addiction to Milk Bones, which I supply daily...

I support you always my friend, as you support me. Your successes are my successes. Yes I think I'm back and much happier at the old job, with my old friends and my old boss. Sometimes you have to leave home to truly appreciate it.

Re: the smoothies, yeah I know...it doesn't sound that great, but I need the stuff and it's easier to hold my nose and drink than to have to chew it over and over and over til it's gone.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, you're telling me about the chewing!!! I despite brocolli...it freaks me out..and I literally have to plug my nose to choke it down. I have a very big aversion to things with questionable textures..and veggies just happen to have many weird textures..so you see my dilemma with them.
I joked to a trainer one time, can't you just give me a giant supplement that I can choke down all at once..I can do those no problem. He didn't laugh.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #530

I make a MEAN Turkey zucc/spinach lasagna, I'll get my greens that way! Danielle, I am a texture person too. I can't do :

Yogurt
Pudding
Jello

they are too slurpy! I can't stand them at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

The texture of rice or tapioca pudding is what's prevented me from ever trying it. LOL. I eyed it in the grocery store the other day, but couldn't do it. I did finally get over my fear of cottage cheese, though! Hehe...

SO glad you are happy again, Blonde. That is awesome news. How many dogs do you have?

Also, what's your opinion of Costco? I was considering getting a membership down the road.

Happy Friday, ladies!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #532
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I make a MEAN Turkey zucc/spinach lasagna, I'll get my greens that way! Danielle, I am a texture person too. I can't do :

Yogurt
Pudding
Jello

they are too slurpy! I can't stand them at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love all of those things! Things like cooked carrots, broccolli, peas, cottage cheese, crab, lobster... OMG, sends me over the edge with either slimey, lumpy, or mush. LOL
Old 09-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL!

You ladies would have positively gagged at my lunch today! I thought it was delicious...tomato soup pureed with 2 cups of roasted butternut squash, cumin, curry and pepper. Total comfort food for me, for you all...not so much. I love pudding, tapioca, yogurt, and all kinds of pureed veggies! I can't wait to make pumpkin bisque.

Jayce I have three dogs, all big ones. Two belong to my eldest DD, she had to move into a condo so I said I would foster them for her. I imagine I'll keep them now, my dog loves them both, they're all girls and they get along really well. And thank you! I do feel happy again. Thank goodness. I have to watch my tendency to rock the boat (slaps forehead).

Monica your lasagna sounds really yummy!

Dani! You don't like lumpy? Sorry but that made me laugh out loud.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes. LUMPY! Ugh! *shivers*
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, beauties!

I, for one, wish that I had an extra weekend day -- didn't get to do much relaxing or having fun. Lol. I am going to GA for Homecoming this weekend, though -- Woot Woot!

Blonde, that's nice of you to take care of your daughter's dogs. My bf & I have talked about getting a dog once we move next summer. I miss having a pet! I had a cat before and she was the sweetest thing until she started acting out b/c I was gone often (she was very, very affectionate, so she needs lots of contact). I re-homed her with a nice young couple in NC -- she gets to live in a big home now in the country.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 09-30-2013 at 06:28 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #536

OK girl, you are right, that lunch sounds YUCK-FEST!!!!!! OH 3 fur-babies at home! HOW FUN!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

~

Tuesday Morning~ 5-ish...

DH is out the door, one of those mornings when he has to leave extra extra early, so I get up extra early and here I am at 5:13, two cups of coffee down and hours to go before my lunch shift...

I worked last night. Dinner shifts are different I guess. I had three tables, one at a time for the first two hours, then WHAM we were slammed and it was hard to keep up...I don't think I love dinner shifts.

Food yesterday was good, I stayed on plan. I'm also in week three of no alcohol. This is major, I'm a major wine lover...but I abstain. It's better for the plan, I don't get uncontrollably hungry and blow the day away.

Monica~ I won't regale you with my butternut squash story from last night...it was good though.

Jayce~Dogs are the best friends. I hope you can get one. I lost my cat recently to old age. We'd had him 9 years and we wasn't young when he came to us. He was a re-home from DH's Mom when she passed away. Have fun at Homecoming! My HS reunion is this month in Missouri, I wish I could go.

Danielle~ How's it going? Are you getting ready for your trip?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #538

OH girl, you definitely do different things with food! Do you ever eat where you work?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I guess I wasn't too far behind you on time.. Only mine seems to be a natural effect from carb cycling. For whatever reason I am wide awake somewhere between 4:30 and 6 every day...even weekend. Sucks when I'm up late!

I don't think I'd like dinner shifts either! Are you going to stick to just lunch again?

Kinda getting ready for the trip..not much to really do, yanno? Mentally I am already there! Will just be nice to have DH's attention for a solid 48hrs instead of just a few hours a day on those days..he works SO much!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy weekend mama!♥