Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Embrace your new challenge! It all fell into place, so easily. THIS is meant to be. I just know it Sure, things are going to change, but in a good way. Think of all the new friends you will have at your new job! Enjoy your lunch with the GG's! Celebrate the new things going on.
love this and agree!

You will make friends that will lift you up and love you just like your OG friends. Also, I count it as a real "meant to be" sign when everything falls into place without a hiccup. Sort of like the dream home that I found by accident. I told my DH, I found the house now let's see if it is meant to be and it miraculously did become our home. I still shake my head when I remember how long I looked and searched.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thanks Danielle!

After the week I've had (worrying, weeping) and caring for the GG's all week I have convinced my self that a full time job may actually be relaxing. The worst part of all of this (I think) is the WAIT. I applied in early JUNE and am just now starting to work this coming Monday. That's a lot of time to fret! Now, just like the first day of school, I don't know what to wear.

I've had a good week food-wise. Counting the sugar and carbs has helped me to feel more in control than I have been in weeks. I've been following the Belly Fat Cure! Jorge Cruise~mostly because it allows me to have the carbs that I miss so much doing Atkins. It allows a little red wine, some bread and whole grains (if I want). I mostly want to be able to have some toast with my eggs, or an occasional wrap or sandwich. Sugar grams are the big no-no here and sugar is in everything! It's a challenge. My eldest is doing it as well and she's having a hard time...she loves sugar and pancakes etc., but she's hanging in there.

I'm out for a cruise in the Z-car....be back later!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You've been waiting on this job it seems like forever. No wonder you are having questions about what you're doing. Hang in there, the wait is almost over!!!

It sounds like you may have found something that is doable longterm? It's great that you at least have DD along for the ride It sounds like her and I would commiserate together ALOT....I ♥ sugar too!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Sunday I missed your post, it must have popped in after I posted. Thank you, and yes it did fall into place as if it were sent from the universe. I'm steady in the head today, getting ready to go. I'll report back as soon as I can. Thanks for your support my friend!

Dani~ I've been waiting forever, the anticipation is the worst. Today is the day! I like my plan so far, I peed a lot yesterday, this after a whole week on the plan...took a long time to eliminate some water. I'm packing my lunch today so I have what I need....DD is still not sure but she's doing it anyway. I like that blind faith stuff.

I'll let you know how it went.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Have a great first day!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I am thinking of you today! Knock them DEAD girl! You will be awesome and everyone will LOVE you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookie57
Stats: (2003 229/195) 2013 216/210/175
WOE: Cheat to lose
Start Date: 8-1-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
No need to count your up day calories. Remove that stressor, check.

I don't know. I think there are a myriad of different reasons why people are over-weight. I know WW didn't help me beyond my first couple of weeks because it fuelled my food obsession...the more I counted calories the worse I felt. I actually gained weight. No offense to the good people at WW, this works well for lots, just not me. I can't LC without falling off sooner than later. I make great food choices, I eat fairly healthily but, BUT... BUT...I stress eat and ruin everything in short order. I have gotten down to 209 just recently and then jammed back to 222 in no time. How can this happen??? Beats me. I do it to myself. I've used hypnosis in the past (way past) with good results, I'm going for it. Maybe you can order off Amazon. It can't hurt you! It doesn't have to be McKenna, bookstores have hypnosis cd's by all kinds of hypnotists. It's worth a shot.
Have you tried The Cheat To Lose diet?
I am a big cheater and this allows a cheat day every week (after the first 3 weeks which is a lot like Adkins Induction)
I started a combination of this and Adkins induction on August 1st.

Short info on this plan.
Unlimited free veggies are
asparagus, broccoli, brusels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumber,
green onions, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, peppers, radishes, snow peas, spinach, tomatoes, zuchinni
There are 3 weeks which he calls "priming phase" Then go to "core phase" till maintenance for rest of life when reaching goal. I wouldn't know aboyut that as I never reached this!

Priming Phase
week 1 Day 1 through 7
all 7 days are low carb but can have unlimited free veggies.

week 2 Day 8 through 14
all 7 days are Low GI/GL

week 3 Day 15 through 20
all 8 days are Low High GI/GL day 21 cheat day

Core Phase week 4 and later
Day 1,2 low carb day ---Day 3, 4 Low GI/GL day ---Day 5 High GI/GL Day 7 Cheat day

low carb basics 1 portion of protein per meal and snacks
1 portion of fat per meal and snack (if protein has enough fat, not nec.
to add extra) 0 carbs per meal/snacks "free" veggies as desired

low GI/GL basics 1 portion of protein per meal and snacks
1portion of fat per meal and snack (if protein has enough fat, not nec.
to add extra) 2 portions of low GI/GL carbs w/ main meal. 1 must be fruit
"free" veggies as desired. Acceptable carbs for Low GI/GL days
ideally bulk of carbs should come from fruits and ligumes

high GI/GL basics 1 portion of protein per meal and snacks. limit fat intake @
meals/ snacks. Choose chicken breast or extremly LEAN meats with
minimal fat per meal/ snack.
1 portions of higher GI/GL carbs per meal/snacks."free" veggies as
desired. Acceptable carbs for High GI/GL days include WW pasta, new
potato, bananas,br. rice, ww pasta, cereal, carrots, corn, peas, etc.
limit fruits, legumes in favor of starchier grains/ veg.

I bought the book for $5.00 3 years ago on either Amazon or The Cheat To Lose Diet by Joel Marion. It explains it all. I Googled it.
cookie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thinking about you dearest Blonde! I am so anxious to hear all of your fun stories and hope the toe is healing!!!

Cookie, I have a cheat day every week where I don't fast and I eat any thing I want whether or not it is PHD.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookie thank you for your thoughtful post! The acceptable high carb days sound a lot like the PHD (Perfect Health Diet). I don't know if I'm ready to give up on BFC (Belly Fat Cure) just yet but it's nice to have another option. Will you let us know how this works out for you?

Nothing earth shattering today, actually quite a 'yawner' with speaker after speaker after speaker talking about the 'fabulousity' of the company, and indeed it seems to be...tomorrow is ALL HR paperwork, the next day more speaker and 'graduation'.

Do you know what 'stunner' they dropped on us today?? You've heard of the "Freshman 15"? 15lbs gained the first year of college? Well guess what we have??? The Geico 20!!! 20lbs the first year if you partake of all the bagels and donuts and potlucks and pizza parties and BBQ's etc ad nauseum....that is truly scary! With 2~15 minute breaks and only 1/2 hour for lunch this may make doing 5/2 or JUDDD a little bit easier...I will definitely keep that in mind, sitting on my rear all day.

Nice people in the class! One person's name tag and books went unclaimed, she was a no-show, there are 18 of us, mostly youngsters about 2/3's women with about 7 young men. I think I will like it when we get down to the business part. They actually GRADE us when the training part starts. If I didn't know I made $115.00 just for listening...I might be tempted to mutiny...but as far as I know, I'm no quitter.....
Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #430
Big Yapper!!!!

OH MY, is there that much food there every day??? That is one thing I like about my job. We work at a small office, people bring in food for lunch, THAT IS ALL! Sweets just sit, so I never make them as I just sit and eat them all. For a Birthday, we order in lunch, then it's done! STAY THE COARSE GIRL! I am sure it was a YAWNFEST!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is it Friday yet?

Thanks Monica! I personally haven't seen any food to speak of but it's only been one day. They have an onsite cafeteria, too....I'm really anxious to just 'get to it', the suspense is killing me. What is it they are going to have us do? I want to work.

Sunday how are you doing? I wore my blue 'boot' yesterday with a black sock to match my other sock and black shoe. My toe is better but not good enough yet to wear a shoe on. I persevere. It reminded me of my first day of school with a cast on my arm when I was 9.

Yesterday they asked us to give an interesting fact about ourselves...one of the men (boys) said he'd had his beard for 6 years! They took us on a little tour of the building (it's huge) and all the workers watched us go by...some waved, others smiled...some gave us big fake grins that said "See? We're all so happy here"! It made me giggle. I must find the humor in all of this, I have to, or else I will perish. A bit dramatic but you know what I mean?

This morning DH and I finished off a POT of coffee! I'm anticipating needing the extra boost. I'm packing a salad for lunch and a half turkey & cheese sammie (GF of course). 30 minutes is NOT a long time to eat. I eat very slowly or I get a tummy ache...

I'll check back after work Thanks for hanging with me girls!!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

I think a lot of companies, especially bigger ones, have that B.S. part of training -- it's kind of like them stroking the ego.

I agree -- I'd much rather start hands-on stuff rather than listening to people talk all day.

Have a good Tuesday, lady.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookie57
Stats: (2003 229/195) 2013 216/210/175
WOE: Cheat to lose
Start Date: 8-1-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Thinking about you dearest Blonde! I am so anxious to hear all of your fun stories and hope the toe is healing!!!

Cookie, I have a cheat day every week where I don't fast and I eat any thing I want whether or not it is PHD.
What program are you on?
I started on the 1st and as of today am down 5. I think that is prettynormal for my size no matter what plan a person goes on. The 1st week or 2 the scale goes down, then it is slowwwwwww.
Usually eat about the same each day.
Breakfast a couple eggs, some meat. Today was small piece of ham. I know sodium is bad so I boiled it in water, hoping some would come out. Don't know if it worked. It is holy ham, as I boulked the h--l out of it
snacks are usually haddock or cheese. lunch homemade veg soup and psc of cheese dinner large salad, Bl. cheese dressing. piece of meat or fish. today is pork chop.

Is salsa ok? I use a sweetened caramel creamer in my coffee. It has 5 carbs, 6 sugar. Is that going to defeat me? Just started drinking coffee again and not back to all black yet. If that is bad, would half and half and splenda be better. Or some flavored syrup?
cookie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookie, 5 lbs is fantastic! Sounds like you are eating very healthy.

You can read my plan on the link in the siggie. It is basically 1 lb of veggies/fruit, 1/2 lb of meat, safe starches, and a good measure of healthy fat from Coconut Oil, butter, ghee and a occasionally EVO daily. Very simple. I don't count cals/carbs and just watch toxins. Although, when all is said and done it averages out to lower carb/higher fat. I am losing steadily, but not swiftly. I still have about 20 lbs to shake.

Blonde! It sounds fun. Loved the fake smiles. I remember seeing those on my first day as well. Yes, I agree about 30 minutes not quite long enough! You have a wonderful day today, will be wishing for you a day of new friends and more silly humor to brighten your day!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

How was today??? I am sure you are ready to get orientation done!!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Started the training class....Happier than a Camel on Wednesday....

Hey Ladies, Jayce, Cookie, Sunday and Monica!

We 'graduated' orientation today, also called Geico 101. After lunch we started the classwork. I love love love my trainer, she is a pistol and awesome speaker! This afternoon went by so fast and I wasn't bored once, although it's still hard to sit so long....

I found out today that we have Labor Day off with pay, no class that day. I am stoked! There will be quizzes everyday that count toward the grade. The final exam must be at least and 85% and the classwork quizzes count toward the final grade 50/50. So if you pass the final with an 85% but your classwork is below that...no pass. It has to be at least 85% average with both grades combined. Yowza. I find it all fascinating, good thing for me, but I haven't studied anything but a menu in a long long while. I figure all I can do is my very best effort and nothing less.

Doing great food wise, packing my lunch and having breakfast before I leave in the mornings. There was some 'glee' about pot lucks etc that made me a bit nervous, I'll have to bring stuff I can eat, right? No excuses. This is the time to set my boundaries and if I act like I do it that way all the time, I won't draw any attention to myself. I've not had any lulls in the afternoon from eating junk or sugar. Good for me!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great!!! Work doesn't sound so bad, where do I sign up? You know I love to study!

Smart thinking regarding your way of eating...no one will know anything different about you and that's a great thing for your progress.

Miss you here, though!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

I am so glad you have started training and that you like your trainer! THat is the key! Have a great FRIDAY girl!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday, Ms. Blonde! Hope your first week has ended on a great note.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey love, how exciting about the new job! Sounds great! I'm aching for some new opportunity like that. Tell me how to make the universe cooperate!!!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

I bet you were ready for the weekend!

Laura, good to see you! I need to get back here and stay here....suffering miserably in my neck of the woods!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Lovely Ladies! I've been a busy bee over here in SoCal, barely time to check my e-mail. I'm doing a driveby~

Dani~ You would love to study this stuff! Who knew insurance could be so interesting? We've been doing some roll playing that's really fun, taking turns being the customer or the "Rep". Hilarious, lots of great people in the class. My sly plan to eat like I always eat healthy is working.....how's the weather over there?

Monica, thank you! My trainer is the key to the experience. A bundle of energy and so funny she could do 'stand-up'! How's your boy doing? Still Juddding?

Hi Jayce!! I truly enjoyed my weekend off! Working makes me appreciate my free time so much more. It's humbling actually. How's the 'cooking'? Made any new dishes lately?

Laura!! How are you? Did you know there is a huge Geico Center in Dallas Texas? I know Texas a BIG place but if you're moving to Dallas.....
How are you doing? The universe will give you exactly what you ask for, so be careful what you ask for....

Anyone have any tips for the 'afternoon slumps'? Yesterday we were taking an online test around 3:00pm and I was in serious danger of nodding off in class. On the one hand I'm comfortable there now, on the other hand...not a good impression. Testing so far had been doable, I'm doing well on my scores and I hope to continue to do so. I'm still trying to adjust to the 30 minutes for lunch 'thing'. It's not like you drop where you are and eat then start up again...it's a long walk to the fishbowl (an outdoor eating area) and then find a place to sit, open up the lunch, eat it, hit the bathroom and back to class...in 30 minutes. I'm a slow eater (self trained) and I'm not going to swallow my lunch whole so I need to get innovative.

Okay, gotta get my breakfast and ready to rock insurance!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Morning, beautiful! So glad to hear that your training has become more interesting and that you're doing well -- we all had faith in you.

I have cooked three meals for the bf & I so far, and all have turned out well. I guess that means I can at least read & follow directions, huh? LOL. I did ask him to help show me how to chop things better b/c I really have no clue, and I admit that.

I know exactly what you mean by the afternoon slump...I usually get it at that exact time around 2/3 PM. I have often wondered how to combat it better, also. I am going to try having a high-protein snack around that time to see if it helps.

Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a fly in to say hey to my fav Geico rep.

Don't know about the 30 minutes, but I would like to offer that green tea is one of my solutions for afternoon sleepies. I usually don't have the sleepies unless I carb for lunch which would be either taters or some type of dark chocolate.

Also, I have been adding 1 tbsp of MCT oil to my morning and then again about an hour after lunch and boy, does that wake up the brain! I become young and sharp for about an hour or two.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad that things are going well and still fun OMG I hate the 30 minutes for lunch thing! Seriously..it should be more like at least 45 to give time for walking, situating and pottying I have found that I don't get that slump when I'm lc'ing faithfully...when it's a free-for-all..that's a different story. Usually by 2pm I'm ready for a nap and more food Are you taking your vitamins?

Have a great week, it was good to see you here!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lovelies!!

Today is payday! I have been reminded why I'm doing all of this. WOOT! My check is one quarter of my monthly pay, since I only worked one week before it went into payroll...still, awesome. How gauche to talk about money...but...YEAHYA!!

This week we are studying the family auto policy and it is surprisingly interesting. I can now read your auto policy (or mine) and actually know what it means! We're being tested on it today... so last night, in my sleep, I dreamed I was studying...so I'm rested and I studied, too!

Jayce, good for you for cooking!!! You need more credit than just following a recipe. If only it were that simple. Really glad your BF is liking it, too. Hard work deserves some kudos. The key to chopping is a really good knife. When I was younger I hated to chop vegetables. Now I find it very relaxing, I sorta 'zen' out when I do it, but I have a good knife. I use it for almost everything...

Sunday! Yep, I've started having tea with my lunch in hope of getting more 'brain' activity in the afternoon. I also found these dark chocolate covered almonds made with maltitol at Sprouts (so good) and I've been having 4 or 5 at my afternoon break. No more than that though. Green tea & MCT oil, huh? I could stand to be young and sharp.....

Danielle~apparently they used to get 45 minutes for lunch in the not so distant past....I'm learning to pack my lunch or to make a salad with just the right amount to finish in 25 minutes, that leaves 5 minutes to and from the lunch area, washing hands before and after, and going to the bathroom and back in my seat...doh! I'll adapt eventually I'm sure. I not on strict lc, still having under 100 and still keeping my sugar grams under 15 per day. I do feel much better and I may be losing some weight but if so it's at a snails pace. I'll take it, I can gain at a snails pace just as easily.

Okay it's 6:10 and time to get on the 'ready for work' train.

Love youse guys, thanks for hanging with me. I'll be back asap (as soon as possible) which may be tomorrow, tonight or Saturday, but asap.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay for payday!

You sound very happy I love it! Miss seeing you around these parts but totally know you're doing wonderful things for your familia

Surprisingly I have done pretty dang well the last 2 days.. yesterday was the best so far. Dunno if I told you, DD19 is attempting GF eating? So now that she's more motivated to try new stuff and "gets" why we don't have junk to eat...making things much easier and I think DH is finally getting the hint!

Have a wonderful day, friend!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Pay day is ALWAYS a good day! souds like you are learning a lot! I can't wait to read more about it!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got a 100% on my Family Auto Policy Test! 50 major questions. The whole class passed, 85 being the lowest score and only a smattering of 100's. I was so stoked. We were allowed to use the contract to take the test and I used it! Really loving the class, still anxious about getting out on the phones...

Dani I'm so glad you're doing better! That makes me happy. Food can be such an issue! I didn't bring my lunch yesterday and had a veggie burrito from the cafeteria. It was stuffed with grilled broccoli and zucchini and onion and peppers w/ a little beans and cheese instead of guacamole. YUM. GF makes keeping junk out the house a lot easier.

Hiya Monica! My head is full to exploding with new knowledge. Thank goodness for the weekend!!