Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I love ROSS. My DD11 and I love going there. Great stuff and the prices are awesome! Thanks for the info on Shingles. I truly knew nothing about them. I had chicken pox HORRBILY twice when I was a child, so I knew the whole, once you get it you can't get it again thing isn't always true. So if you have had chicken pox, can you still get Shingles???

How fun to play poker, win/lose, and truly be out no $$$!!!!! How was the party?? That sounds like my kind of party now!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Sooooo.....yesterday I broke my toe in an amazing feat (pun intended) of clumsiness. The story will be called "Tiny (and already) Gimpy 4th Toe, Left Foot Meets Immovable Ottoman (our villain). I drove myself to Urgent Care, got an ex-ray, a Boot, an ice pack and "home care" instructions and continued on to the birthday party where I proceeded to be at once Perfectly Miserable AND Happy to be there. This story has drama, angst, pain, humor, fear (of other peoples feet) and sadness. My last two weeks at OG will be spent at home instead of working with my favorite people. Now that I've said everything, I simply can't talk about it anymore...finis...
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica, I'm sorry to report that Shingles is caused from the chicken pox virus. You can only get it IF you've had chicken pox.

The party was....please read above.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Blonde,

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine the words that were uttered when toe met the ottomon.

As far as the chicken pox and shingles. My poor son who is trying to finish his degree at university fulltime has had shingles 3x and for reasons unknown, it is usually right in the middle of his back. So sad for him when this happens. Stress is the ultimate advance warning for an onset. His first attack happened while serving in Afghanistan. I found something for him that has boosted his immune system and he hasn't had another attack. I actually saw it on Dr. Oz, which is sort of ironic, because I curse every single weight loss promotion that he has. These 2 in combo. So far, he has not had another outbreak. The Proteolytic Enzymes works as a systemic enzyme therapy:
1) Fights Inflammation
2) Fights Fibrosis
3) Immune System Modulation
4) Fights Blood Contamination
5) Fights Viruses

Doctor's Best Proteolytic Enzymes

And Olive Leaf extract is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-bacterial.

Nature's Way Olive Leaf Extract, Standardized
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Monica, I'm sorry to report that Shingles is caused from the chicken pox virus. You can only get it IF you've had chicken pox.
The party was....please read above.
BLonde, you are just CHUCK full of wonderfulness today! So sorry about your toe. Sounds like something I would do! GRRRRR dang furniture getting in my way!

I'm sending you HEALING thoughts girl!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #396

How are you today? Is the TOE throbbing? Are you able to hobble around?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hope you're feeling better. *hugs*
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Girls, yesterday I suffered big. Went to the Podiatrist who felt a great need to straighten my toe...so first up on the big scary chair, then needles needles to my foot and toe which I'm not kidding, HURT. Then manipulating my toe into place which also hurt!! He offered more needles for the pain and I told him "just do it" while I bit on my scarf and my husband held my hand. Taped three toes together, a sock and a boot and out the door. Not my favorite Doctor visit, I think I'd rather have a Pap smear. Today my foot aches a bit but not like before. I'm officially off work for two weeks which finishes Olive Garden...

DH has been busy helping DS get ready for their band tour and completely neglecting me. Night before last he brought me JackntheBox at 10pm, last night I ate leftovers and went to bed alone and he had PB&J at midnight.

I have the GG's today and they're being really sweet.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The last day or so has been fraught with 'never-ending hunger'. I did better yesterday but today has been non-stop NOT eating but wanting to eat. I took the GG's to the store this morning for a quick 'breakfast' trip. I bought eggs and bread and coffee creamer. I made us all breakfast then fell asleep in the recliner after my advil kicked in. DH is in and out of the house working on the trailer and I honestly don't know when he'll go back to work....

So I'm sitting here this afternoon saying to myself "you were at the store, why didn't you buy more stuff to eat"? I can only imagine my sub-conscience is looking out for my welfare. I mean I could have had a houseful of chips and cookies and stuff and yet...I do not. The GG's are watching Wallace & Grommit and eating the last bag of Smart Pop. I'm tired of having a sore foot and all my great clothes shopping plans are out the window, at least for this week. Good thing...If I buy this week, there's a good chance nothing will fit next week.

I apologize to my friends here with journals, for not visiting you. I promise I'll get to it, frankly I can't sit here very long with my foot starting to throb...

Hugs and Love

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 07-24-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww, the GG's are watching after you! I am so sorry about your toe. Rest and recuperate, we know you are in pain! Wishing you speedy recovery!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #401

I am so sorry about your TOE. I can only imagine how tough it was having him reset it. Take time for YOU and focus on eating later. Muddle through the best you can right now. LIFE does happen. Sorry your DH isn't being more helpful to you either! That stinks
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #402

Thinking of you girl!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello My Dear Lady Friends~

Thank you for thinking of me. I have to say, my husband is a computer hog and I rarely get anytime to write, alone. I'm doing better with the toe, I'm still wearing 'the boot', it helps keep my foot stable. I start my new job, one week from today, I hope I can wear a real shoe.

I had a good day today, food-wise. It's come down to having a good day or having a bad day. Yesterday wasn't horrid but it was far from good so we'll speak of it no more.

I have been talking to myself a lot (quietly as to not have the butterfly nets come out) and it seems to be working. I mean I must be listening. I'm once again setting boundaries and luckily I'm the same overweight I have been for the last couple of months. I could have done so much more damage but I keep scaling it back and trying to get under control, yet never quite getting on a good roll. I'm praying that my new job won't send me over the edge and into emotional eating. In the words of my eldest DD "Sugar and I broke up today"...bless her heart, her first diet. Sugar isn't welcome around here either.

I'm so grateful that you check on me and keep me centered. Without you I don't think I could stay so focused.

Can I just say that part of re-focus is explainimg to myself once again for the umpteenth time, certains foods (carbs, sugar, alcohol) have no place in my eating program. Am I ever going to get that???

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 07-29-2013 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 07-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #405

It is a constant struggle for me too. This month, has not been kind to be eating wise. We have had constant guests at our house....honestly, it's the EXCUSE I tell myself. Glad you are refocusing! I am so excited for you for next week!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So good to hear you again!

Don't worry about anything but getting back to your old self! Gosh, I think the butterfly nets will be tracking me. I am doing wacky stuff lately. Driving off with out my purchases at the local grocer, after speaking at length to my daughter on cell phone completely forgetting potatoes on stove that were supposed to be lightly steamed - charred, leaving cell phone in car and finding out missed call I had been waiting for, just to name a few.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Blonde!

Glad your toe is healing -- enjoy your week before your new job.

I can relate to the weight loss aspect...I feel like I've been "treading water" lately. I know what to do, but I keep getting off track. I think I've got a good chance at refocusing now that my birthday is out of the way. I saw pictures of myself at an event Saturday, and it made me sad b/c I thought I looked much bigger in the pics than I did when I looked in my mirrors at home. I am recommitting to more exercise, as well as being way more conscious of my food choices. It's an ongoing battle!

Hoping your day has started well!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts.

Jayce I love this quote from your siggy! Success is NOT final, failure is NOT fatal.

Just reading that and talking with you and Sunday, Monica and Danielle helps me to feel more human and less like a complete DUD in the dieting department. It's so great to have friends of 'like mind' and struggles, although I wish struggles were not an issue for any of us. We continue to strive, that's what counts.

My DD dropped off the grand girls this morning and was so proud of 'divorcing' sugar this weekend. She's so optimistic. She's following Jorge Cruise "The Belly Cure"...this is a book she's had for a couple of years, I borrowed it recently and the last time she was here she wanted to take it home and look at it again. Yay! I'm so excited because she is a true 'apple' and I worry so much about her health. She has always loved sugar and would never even consider giving it up. She thought fat was the enemy!

We all had eggs this morning, mine with GF toast! Yum
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday~ Oh girl I can relate to your woes. I have left the pan on under the eggs, after the eggs have been eaten! Twice, just recently. I leave the house without my cell phone when I need it with me. OR I forget to charge it...

Do you walk into a room to get something, and then have to go back where you started just to remember what you went there for? All the time.

DH is funny~ he forgets he had lunch then tells me he's starving and I remind him we ate two hours ago. "oh yeah" he says.

Last night we got hungry after 9pm since we had a late lunch. I steamed Normandy vegetables, he had his with rice....I had mine with...steam.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Sunday~ Oh girl I can relate to your woes. I have left the pan on under the eggs, after the eggs have been eaten! Twice, just recently. I leave the house without my cell phone when I need it with me. OR I forget to charge it...

Do you walk into a room to get something, and then have to go back where you started just to remember what you went there for? All the time.

DH is funny~ he forgets he had lunch then tells me he's starving and I remind him we ate two hours ago. "oh yeah" he says.

Last night we got hungry after 9pm since we had a late lunch. I steamed Normandy vegetables, he had his with rice....I had mine with...steam.
Yep, all of the above.

I have literally sat back down and remembered what I was searching for and said, "Oh, yeah!" and by the time I go back to the spot that I remembered leaving "said item", I have forgotten again.

I always think of Bill Cosby when I do that. Even though my forgetfulness aggravates me to death!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #411

I forget stuff all the time. Go downstairs for XXX get there and am like "why am I here?" That is funny about your DH forgetting he had lunch! That's my kind of guy!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well I leave you alone for alittle while and you go breaking body parts! You poor thing! Hoping the toes are feeling better by now...the idea of getting toes "straightened" literally made my hairs stand on end

So how was the.....steam? You're so funny.

All ready for work to start? What a wild change of events, huh?
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ladies!

Danielle~yes...roller coaster ride! This is my last week of freedom before I start the 'grind' and my toe is broken. No taking long walks in the sand at the beach (or anywhere else for that matter). Yeah the 'straightening' part was pretty horrible, but it's over now...and I'm not going back. DH is STILL at home but may be going back tomorrow because it's the first. Poor man really has no desire to return to work ever at this point. I pray he feels sparkier soon.

Monica and Sunday~ nice to know I'm not the only one who loses track of what I was going to do mere seconds later...must be a woman thing. DH and I were discussing his adult attention deficit with much humor last night. I told him I could see inside his head and it was made up of a series of cogs and wheels, all different sizes and all spinning in different directions. He was amazed and said 'that about sums it up"....

Back to my original plan of 15 sugars and 100 carbs per day. I've been doing this for several days and I'm feeling more secure if not any thinner. It sure helps to have a good plan. I really wish I could have made the JUDDD work for me but at this point in my life, the fasting is just too hard for me. Maybe later on I'll be able to 5/2 but not now.

Does anyone else long for Autumn? I can't wait for pumpkins and gourds and sunflowers on the table. I'm tired of watering every single day and looking at dead flowers and grass. I want to put up a scarecrow in the front yard and huge chrysanthemums by my front porch! *sigh*
Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Yessss! Summer used to be my favorite season when younger (I'm guessing because I was out of school then), but now I must say I think Fall is my favorite. It's a lovely in-between stage...not too hot, not too cold. I love the Autumnal scents and flavors. I also love wearing boots.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

I love fall! Such a relief from the heat, and still perfect short-sleeves and sandals weather here. ....actually, now that I think of it, I actually wear flip-flops year round

Poor hubbs Ya think he's ever gonna go back?

I've spent a bit trying to figure out why in heck I can't stick to the fasting. Still not a clue. Was just time for me to own up and move on. Hoping this sticks and everyone around here can just be happy....I mean, afterall, it's just food, right?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #416

Fall has always been my favorite season. I love the crisp cool mornings, the leaves changing colors, I love all things pumpkin.....Summer is something I just manage through to get to fall!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to know you all agree about Fall! It's the best! Monica I envy you and Jayce the real Fall, with the changing leaves and the crispy nights. Here in SoCal the Fall is what you can make of it. I like to deck out the place in fall colors and pumpkins and flowers. Fall doesn't actually feel like fall until November or so. Dani~ fall in Arizona means no more roasting in the daytime right? And it cools down nicely at night? I can hardly wait. Hope you all are doing well on your respective plans...

I've been a bit melancholy today...well okay then, weepy. It feels like my life is going to change and never be the same. When I took the girls to the Boys and Girls Club today, I cried as I drove away. They've been with me here at home all week but today I had to run errands and they couldn't go with me. Next week I'll go to work and their Mom will have to worry about them while she's at work. I really hate change, have I said that before? My brother and SIL are postponing their trip here because I'll be in training so they won't be here until October. I have lunch every Thursday with my best friend and that won't happen again for another three months until I get a schedule. Thursday is the only day we can get together and I'm tied up for the next twelve Thursdays...I really really hate change. I'm tired of waffling about this. I WANT to be excited about my new adventure, to meet new people and learn new things but instead I feel like the new kid in the new town on the first day of school. Not a good feeling. I know that everything changes and I need to roll with it but it's so hard to do it. Sorry to go on about this, I did it to myself and I had good reason at the time, I wish I could remember what it was.....

Still counting sugars and carbs.....No wine all week. I'm saving it for the weekend and boy is it hard to put it off. I'm taking the GG's to lunch tomorrow at Olive Garden. Bon Voyage!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #418

Embrace your new challenge! It all fell into place, so easily. THIS is meant to be. I just know it Sure, things are going to change, but in a good way. Think of all the new friends you will have at your new job! Enjoy your lunch with the GG's! Celebrate the new things going on.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica Thank you.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, no roasting in the fall/winter time around here. It gets cool at night which is great when trying to go to bed. I miss summers in CA, esp in N. Cali ..

I'm sorry you're experiencing some sadness. It is a big change for everyone, and you are just like me...ya worry about what everyone is thinking, feeling, etc.. and then you let it drive you nuts. The GG's will be ok. Remember why you are doing this! It wasn't for some silly reasons or because you didn't want to be there for anyone else...you have valid reasons as to why you chose to go after this job. Be kind to yourself and trust the process

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell