Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Ok. I ordered the book/CD by McKenna. Heck he can make you happy, confident, sleep! I could become a whole new person!

Dani girl. We will find our way. Realizing what doesn't work is still success. Like Thomas Edison, we haven't failed. We've only found 10,000 ways (diets) that won't work (for us).

Hi Sunday!! Great to see you too. . I was just thinking if one could listen to hypnosis CDs in the car. I can just see myself whipping down the road head thrown back snoring. Lol! I will look into Julie Schiffman.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good morning, Blonde! Good morning to the rest of you ladies, as well.

Read through the pages I missed this weekend, and it looks like y'all had a good discussion. I think there is definitely some truth to us giving "power" to foods, thereby making us crave them more. I am trying to work on this myself by remembering that food is just food...it has no inherent emotional value in itself. I, for one, am working towards a healthier relationship with food in general. I know that many very fit people believe in the 80/20 principle -- eat healthy 80% of the time, then enjoy "treats" the other 20%. They incorporate exercise into this plan, as well, but stress that the eating is more important than the exercise (as we've often heard).

I think we have all done a ton of research and are tired of trying...I can relate to that 100%. I also know, however, that weight issues run in my family (especially for females), so I am going to do the best I can to make better choices on a daily basis. Some days will be harder than others, but we are human -- not robots.

Hugs to everyone~~~

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Experiment#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I could have written this entire thing. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

I can't seem to do well on any diet to speak of, despite my heartfelt best intentions. I'd like to think I've had a grip on the things going on in my life, but some things maybe not so much? I dunno, but I guess I need to figure it out.
It's been said many times, out loud and in print..Diets Don't Work! If they did there wouldn't be dozens and dozens of diet books out there. I claim the biggest collection ever. As trite as it sounds, it's not what we're eating, it's what's eating us. STRESS, REGRET, loneliness, boredom, fear, anger, anxiety. None of these things can be addressed with a diet. Speaking for myself, until I learn how to control my emotional eating, I'm always going to be fighting extra weight. Trying to diet is just another stress I don't need. McKenna says learning to control stress reactions is the way to be free of the issue. It makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Just want to say hello Laura! Good to see you!

I have downloaded a few free weight loss hypnosis cd's from Amazon and listen to them sometimes while driving or while working. One thing for certain, they may be the best thing ever for putting me to sleep. So relaxing and calming.

I love your plan Blonde and strongly believe the hunger scale is crucial to our weight loss. Have any of you tried EFT? Emotional Freedom Technique? I know that I have a read a few JUDDD budds mention this for emotional eating. It seems to be a great tool that really works well for some people. Google Julie Schiffman emotional freedom technique and it will be the first video that comes up. I have only tried it once for anxiety, and seemed to help, but think it would work wonders for emotional eating.
Hi Sunday! I've never heard of EFT but I will look into it. It sounds promising. You seem to be doing so well, you are an inspiration. I'm so happy you like my plan! I wasn't kidding about the ever-changing-ness of my plan. I'm certainly never going to give up. Just knowing I can eat at hunger and stop at full takes some of the pressure off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Ok. I ordered the book/CD by McKenna. Heck he can make you happy, confident, sleep! I could become a whole new person!

Dani girl. We will find our way. Realizing what doesn't work is still success. Like Thomas Edison, we haven't failed. We've only found 10,000 ways (diets) that won't work (for us).

Hi Sunday!! Great to see you too. . I was just thinking if one could listen to hypnosis CDs in the car. I can just see myself whipping down the road head thrown back snoring. Lol! I will look into Julie Schiffman.
The important thing to remember about the hypnosis CD's, you MUST listen daily, for the first two weeks at least but you may listen daily as long as you like. Like any good tool it will only work if you use it. Give it time and do the exercises (mental) in the book. I'm practicing what I'm preaching!

I know that some CD can be played in the car as reinforcement to something, but some are no-no-no in the car. Danger, Will Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Good morning, Blonde! Good morning to the rest of you ladies, as well.

Read through the pages I missed this weekend, and it looks like y'all had a good discussion. I think there is definitely some truth to us giving "power" to foods, thereby making us crave them more. I am trying to work on this myself by remembering that food is just food...it has no inherent emotional value in itself. I, for one, am working towards a healthier relationship with food in general. I know that many very fit people believe in the 80/20 principle -- eat healthy 80% of the time, then enjoy "treats" the other 20%. They incorporate exercise into this plan, as well, but stress that the eating is more important than the exercise (as we've often heard).

I think we have all done a ton of research and are tired of trying...I can relate to that 100%. I also know, however, that weight issues run in my family (especially for females), so I am going to do the best I can to make better choices on a daily basis. Some days will be harder than others, but we are human -- not robots.

Hugs to everyone~~~
Hugs back at ya Jayce! It has become exceedingly clear to most of us, perhaps all of us, that food is not the real issue. I know until I can get a handle on what's eating me I'm going to struggle with weight. I know I don't need junk food and for the most part I eat well but at the times when I'm upset (angry, hurt, lonely) I eat...and I cant get full, because I'm not hungry for food. I'm burying something that won't stay buried or longing for something or I don't know, fill in the blank_____.

I think I did fairly well for the most part yesterday. I had a chip-fest at one point and knew I wasn't following the rules, this at a later time in the day around 4-ish. Even though I wasn't really hungry I was able to stop sooner than I normally would have stopped. This is only the beginning and as all things new seem to be easy and well....new, the proof will come from listening and doing the mental exercises. I promise to give this two full weeks (starting today) of listening daily and following directions, using the hunger chart and doing the exercises. Two weeks. What can I possibly lose? I also want to say that I'm not going to weigh, at all. This is about gaining control, not a weight loss diet so I'm treating it as therapy. Therapists don't weigh you.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Nope, diets don't work. And this is why I've been trying to find something to do that I could treat as a lifestyle. I guess I thought I had things under control, I mean, in general I am happier then I have ever been. Under the surface there is a huge degree of stress running amuck (or whatever that word is!!) for hubby & myself, even with me trying my hardest to stay out of everything It's all quite frustrating.

It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that eating whatever I want will somehow get me to a goal. KWIM? Obviously there has to be a level of consciousness in what and how much I'm eating, but still! The last 13 years have been nothing but dieting, and seriously, it's gotten me heavier than I've ever been!!!!!!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Nope, diets don't work. And this is why I've been trying to find something to do that I could treat as a lifestyle. I guess I thought I had things under control, I mean, in general I am happier then I have ever been. Under the surface there is a huge degree of stress running amuck (or whatever that word is!!) for hubby & myself, even with me trying my hardest to stay out of everything It's all quite frustrating.

It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that eating whatever I want will somehow get me to a goal. KWIM? Obviously there has to be a level of consciousness in what and how much I'm eating, but still! The last 13 years have been nothing but dieting, and seriously, it's gotten me heavier than I've ever been!!!!!!!!
It's like Jayce said "food has no inherent emotional value". That being said, anything you want may become something as simple as having your favorite breakfast or your favorite Mexican Food, eating only if you are truly hungry eating to satiety but not beyond. There are lots of foods I like but so-called comfort foods that I can eat to no end are my biggest downfall. It's not the food that's the problem, it's the way I use it...as a drug of sorts. I've known this for along time but haven't done anything about it. Telling the body to to eat less than it needs is never going to work for me.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
It's like Jayce said "food has no inherent emotional value". That being said, anything you want may become something as simple as having your favorite breakfast or your favorite Mexican Food, eating only if you are truly hungry eating to satiety but not beyond. There are lots of foods I like but so-called comfort foods that I can eat to no end are my biggest downfall. It's not the food that's the problem, it's the way I use it...as a drug of sorts. I've known this for along time but haven't done anything about it. Telling the body to to eat less than it needs is never going to work for me.
Over the last week, I've come to understand that I'm going to have to accept this point. It's scary! All I know is dieting. I watched my mom my entire life diet, and then years ago when I finally decided to lose weight, dieting has been my "life" so to speak..it's all I know.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

I really just love you guys.

What we are talking about is exactly what I have been trying to work on over the last few months. I stopped restricting calorically. Yes, with that came weight gain but I truly believe the weight gain came because of having first the freedom to not demonize any food and then eating my stress.

I think I told Blonde about the ice cream and Oreos that lasted over a week because I KNEW it was there and I didn't have to binge on it because I was going to "start" a new diet. Restriction and eating less than our body needs is just not going to work long term at all.

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this blog but it is what got me to really want to leave the diets behind. gokaleo.com She advocates diets not working and that we need to eat a LOT of calories to fuel our bodies. She's not an advocate of cardio but weight lifting and intuitive eating if counting calories sends you to the loony bin. And she advocates loving your body no matter the size or shape.

Again, while I have gained the last two months, I have experienced a freedom regarding food that I haven't in a long time. Now, I've freaked out about the weight but if I can work intuitive eating into my life and eat what I like and learn hunger/satiety that's gonna be a lifestyle I can work with.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Geneen Roth has a ton of books about how to manage/control emotional eating. Might be worth looking into? I have read several of them. They are eye opening.

Last edited by zipp2play; 07-08-2013 at 10:30 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

And one other thing. I was going to attempt a DD today and ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS FOOD. How is that healthy? It isn't. Sorry to say but it is going to be bye-bye JUDDD; hello working on eating intuitively. I'm sure I am gonna screw up but each day is a brand new start.

God that feels good to say!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Am I really "addicted" to certain foods or am I using them to "treat". As in, treating whatever stressor, panic, anger, anxiety, etc?????? This is what's spinning around in my head today I started thinking about this because I've not thought of myself as being stressed per se, nor have I had any anxiety, anger, etc. So the question became, am I addicted? Then came the realization that I can live without many things and don't ever feel like I *have* specific things.. Like I said, a labotomy sounds good right about now
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Over the last week, I've come to understand that I'm going to have to accept this point. It's scary! All I know is dieting. I watched my mom my entire life diet, and then years ago when I finally decided to lose weight, dieting has been my "life" so to speak..it's all I know.
I think I know how you feel, left to my own device, how much trouble can I get into? Lots it would seem. It seems perfectly sane to me to stop with the dieting and get with the living and learning to control stress.

Quote:
I really just love you guys.

What we are talking about is exactly what I have been trying to work on over the last few months. I stopped restricting calorically. Yes, with that came weight gain but I truly believe the weight gain came because of having first the freedom to not demonize any food and then eating my stress.

I think I told Blonde about the ice cream and Oreos that lasted over a week because I KNEW it was there and I didn't have to binge on it because I was going to "start" a new diet. Restriction and eating less than our body needs is just not going to work long term at all.

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this blog but it is what got me to really want to leave the diets behind. gokaleo.com She advocates diets not working and that we need to eat a LOT of calories to fuel our bodies. She's not an advocate of cardio but weight lifting and intuitive eating if counting calories sends you to the loony bin. And she advocates loving your body no matter the size or shape.

Again, while I have gained the last two months, I have experienced a freedom regarding food that I haven't in a long time. Now, I've freaked out about the weight but if I can work intuitive eating into my life and eat what I like and learn hunger/satiety that's gonna be a lifestyle I can work with.
Laura, I'll def check out the blog. As for freedom and feeling good about eating, it would seem to be torture to try to go back. I think you're making the right step forward. This isn't like pounding in a nail, it will take time and some work to learn to de-stress and find ways other than eating to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Geneen Roth has a ton of books about how to manage/control emotional eating. Might be worth looking into? I have read several of them. They are eye opening.
I LOVE Geneen Roth!!! I recommend her to anyone with food issues. It's no cure but it is an eye opener, I agree. Knowing things is part of the healing.

Quote:
And one other thing. I was going to attempt a DD today and ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS FOOD. How is that healthy? It isn't. Sorry to say but it is going to be bye-bye JUDDD; hello working on eating intuitively. I'm sure I am gonna screw up but each day is a brand new start.

God that feels good to say!
It sounded like a great thing to say. Every day is a new beginning and nothing we did 10 minutes or ten days ago should be apart of it. I get it, every DD for the last two weeks (for me) has been an experiment of clashing wills...my so called smart self who knows why I'm doing it and my emotional-self who can't take deprivation of any kind. It feels like a punishment.

Quote:
Am I really "addicted" to certain foods or am I using them to "treat". As in, treating whatever stressor, panic, anger, anxiety, etc?????? This is what's spinning around in my head today I started thinking about this because I've not thought of myself as being stressed per se, nor have I had any anxiety, anger, etc. So the question became, am I addicted? Then came the realization that I can live without many things and don't ever feel like I *have* specific things.. Like I said, a labotomy sounds good right about now
Really? No stress at all?

No lobotomies for you! We all have to do this stuff in our own way, whatever is decided. No guilt, no guile. I'm SO glad we can work on all this stuff together!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Experiment day 2

Sunday!! I was reading about Julie's EFT and she uses a tapping technique. Paul McKenna teaches that technique in his book! This is pretty exciting as it adds more wieght to McKenna's work! I understand that once the technique is learned it can be used for all sorts of stresses, not just emotional eating. Yay!

Back to work today for me. I got a call from the HR department at the 'gekko' yesterday, letting me know they are still trying to verify my HS diploma. For Pete's sake. Nice though to tell me not to worry they'll contact me sometime this week to give me results. Of course I'm going to take the job. I waffle everyday and it has been a major stress factor over the last couple of weeks. It's would seem that freedom and poverty are quite a challenge to prison and wealth. I do view the '9-5' life as prison but the money is so good. IDK...

Had a decent day yesterday but major heartburn last night. I rarely get it and I was not a happy camper. The GG'S (grandgirls) are coming to stay until I go to work, we'll have breakfast together but no walk this morning.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am glad that it is seems something useful.

I have gone through quite a bit of stress & anxiety in the last couple of years w/ my mother and life circumstances and have used this as a tool to help me calm and center myself. I forgot about it until you all began talking about emotional eating. I think I will try to add EFT back in on a regular basis and see if it helps me in coping with feelings of overwhelm right now. Seems like I am facing a lot of deadlines and feeling a bit anxious. I will report back on how it helps me.

Blonde, all I can say, is that Geico better reward you well for all of the angst in waiting and info gathering.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! I would be angst-ing if I were waiting for a job at Dairy Queen! That's how I roll.

You have been through a lot and then very ill on top of that! How are you feeling, BTW?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and one more aid that I just remembered is Lemon Balm Oil. I belong to a wonderful Thyroid/Hashi's group on FB. And the women have been reporting excellent results in using this about 3x per day in their water. I just ordered it from A, but I know for certain they have it at any HFS. It is also an excellent source for healing bloat and tummy ills.

Quote:
Valium works by the active ingredient, Diazepam going to the brain and bonding with powerful receptors in the brain and getting the brain to relax and feel good.

Lemon Balm Extract works exactly the same way. The lemon balm extract goes into the brain and bonds with the same receptors and provides the same relaxation and positive feelings.
Lemon balm | University of Maryland Medical Center

It is $11.99 for one ounce that lasts about 3 months.

Last edited by sunday; 07-09-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just remembered something I said a couple of years ago...."no amount of money will ever get me back to being chained in front of a computer", I must have said that for a reason....

The GG's are here and we just had our favorite breakfast together, fried eggs over easy and toast. Their Mom is a pancake and cereal girl and it cracks me up that they love plain eggs and toast with me. I cherish these times, the girls won't be young and easily influenced forever. I remember how much I loved my grandmother and how we were still fast friends when I was in high school. She would come to visit and we would take long walks down a wooded path behind our house in Missouri. I could talk to her about anything and know she would never betray my trust. She is so missed.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, I am feeling a lot better, but I still have a slight bit of bronchitis type feeling. It is definitely on the upward swing. I am upping my greens and broth hoping to nip this for good.

I didn't realize you are from Missouri! I love, love, love to visit! Love to visit Table Rock Lake and vicinity, fishing at Lake Taneycomo - Branson, and then swinging by Eureka Springs, AR on our way back home. God's beautiful country!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #348

Blonde - I too was very close to my Grandmother's. I spent many a days at each of their homes and enjoyed every second with them. Cherished them completely and miss them terribly to this day. My Dad's Mom wasn't alive past my freshman year of college. My Mom's Mom was alive for my wedding and the birth of both of my children. I have literally 1000's of pictures of the kids with her. I just couldn't have her hold them/talk to them/or anything without snapping a pic!

I'm from MO too! Sunday, I went to college in Springfield and spent a lot of time in the GOD's country you just described!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica, I have pictures of my baby twins on my Gram's lap. So sweet.

My Mom's family lived in Mammoth Spring AR, the largest freshwater Spring in the U.S.? I went to high school 2 miles over in Thayer MO, right across the state line. The Ozarks are so beautiful and I LOVE Eureka Springs! They have a big 'haunted hotel' there, used to be a hospital or sanitarium back in the day for TB patients. Definitely haunted. The day we visited I turned around to scold whoever was smoking a cigar behind me in the lobby...and there was no one there, or anyone smoking on the big covered porch! Apparently the old Doctor who ran the place was a cigar smoker but I didn't know that at the time. YEEEEeeeeee.

Glad you're feeling better, Sunday. Keep being good to yourself and rest as much as you can, no relapses allowed.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monica, You too! I am so envious!
I dream of going back to fish for rainbow trout or striper. I fondly recall so much enjoyment sitting on our small boat and the excitement of being able to eat fresh caught fish. Those days were more relaxing than any cruise or expensive vacation that I have taken.

DH & I went to Eureka Springs to marry at the courthouse, stayed in a delightful little cottage right downtown almost directly behind the courthouse up on a hill. I will have to hunt down my pics.

Fond memories of my maternal grandmother as well. Talk about a strong woman! She raised 6 in a small country town in southeast OK. Lost 2 babies at very young age, one to small pox. Her husband died when she was 44 and she became the sole breadwinner, caretaker of her family. She lived to 93 and we loved to hear her stories of her childhood.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde, the ghost! I can feel the hair standing on the back of my neck!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes the ghost! I was pitching a fit about someone smoking. when I turned my head my DD said the lady at the desk looked at her and circled her ear with her finger, like I was crazy!

SO ~today I had lovely fried eggs and a piece of GF toast with the GG's (I like that, I think it might stick) and after work today DD and I split cheese rav's and a salad. I ate slow and enjoyed every bite. I've been thinking about cheese ravioli's for about six weeks. It is an effort to slow down my eating, I think I eat slow already but I have put on the brakes even more. It def gives my tummy time to catch up. Strange but I do feel satisfied and not like I'm missing anything. This is a fun experiment so far....

I have no idea what we're having for dinner....
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #353

Quote:
Fond memories of my maternal grandmother as well. Talk about a strong woman! She raised 6 in a small country town in southeast OK. Lost 2 babies at very young age, one to small pox. Her husband died when she was 44 and she became the sole breadwinner, caretaker of her family. She lived to 93 and we loved to hear her stories of her childhood.
She sounds like an amazing woman! I pray that my grandchild (in many years when I have them) will view me much the same.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #354

Blonde - I have fried eggs and toast almost every UD! Sounds like your experiment is going well!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Monica! The experiment is interesting, I'll give you that! It's mainly to see if I can work the plan according to intuitive eating and listening to my body and hunger. JUDDD has taught me what true hunger is but the self-discipline in me is not so hot. I obsess like crazy on JUDDD DD's. Fried eggs are my favorite breakfast choice and always seem to 'stick to my ribs' for hours. I like that.

Slept poorly last night. It was muggy here and I had coffee late in the day. I also think the ravioli I had at lunch was hard on my digestion. I know wheat does this to me, and yet....I still ate it. It took so long to get off of wheat and one little backslide is all it takes to remind me why I don't eat it anymore. Thank goodness I don't have celiac's.

DH is staying home today he also slept poorly but it was Shingle's Nerve Pain that kept him awake. The GG's will be here at 7-ish, I wish I could go back to bed....
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, lady!

I am trying to work on eating more slowly so that I can register feelings of fullness...I noticed I can have a tendency to keep eating if it's something I really like, such as when eating out & having sushi last week. I need to remember that I can always take portions home if needed -- there is no mandate that I "must" eat everything on my plate, no matter how good it tastes!

Sorry you didn't sleep well...hope you have a fairly relaxed day. Hope your hubby is feeling better!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jayce!

Isn't that the truth? Trying to remember we don't have to shove it all in at once is hard for me too. It's okay to have leftovers. One of the things McKenna says is to not worry if you're afraid you'll be hungry again in 10 minutes, if you are, then eat something...but listen to the 'full' signal. I find it somewhat difficult to do this every time I eat but I'm working on it and hope to make it a good habit.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've had a nice day today, so far. The GG's and I went to the park with a sack lunch and then the girls played for an hour or so on the playground. There were some other kids there and soon they were all running and screaming and playing together...remember when the only thing you needed in common was to just be another kid? "I miss that I think", said Mrs. Suspicious....

Been thinking about ways to be healthier and wondering when I'm going to put my lovely HealthMaster to some good use. I feel a need to clean the fridge and stock it with veggies for juicing. Really, almost an overwhelming urge...say! Do you think it's the hypnosis CD???

That would be cool.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and one more aid that I just remembered is Lemon Balm Oil. I belong to a wonderful Thyroid/Hashi's group on FB. And the women have been reporting excellent results in using this about 3x per day in their water. I just ordered it from A, but I know for certain they have it at any HFS. It is also an excellent source for healing bloat and tummy ills.

Lemon balm | University of Maryland Medical Center

It is $11.99 for one ounce that lasts about 3 months.

Sunday I don't know how I missed this post? I'm going to Sprouts today and will look for it. My tummy is almost always in some sort of trouble, and the only time time I really have no issues is when I do straight low carb. No carbs means no bloat and a flatter tummy but unfortunately I cannot sustain low carb.

I must say it feels good right now not to obsess about the food I'm eating, but I'm still obsessing about the best type of food to eat. I guess it will come in time. I realized long ago that I need an abundance of vegetables to really feel well and luckily I like them. For me that's a no-brainer...everything else is being mulled over. I do like meat but not like I used to like it. Sometimes the smell of cooking beef (spoiler alert) has the smell of stock yard to it. Yesterday I took the girls to the Mickey D's drive thru for a sundae and the smell coming out the window was rank. It was burgers cooking and completely turned me off. If you've ever driven by a stock yard you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I love salmon. I love a freshly roasted turkey. Love Greek yogurt. These are excellent proteins. I can eat Greek yogurt as a topping on just about anything that requires dressing. And cheese...I adore cheese, way too much. I know that I have to be careful with cheese because even the best WOE can be derailed by too many calories. Cheese has the ability to take a perfectly healthy day of eating and send it to the moon So yes to cheese and yes to portion control of cheese.

I gave up my diet cokes several weeks ago and I do miss them but having iced tea is okay and I drink it plain, no sweetener. I realized that artificial sweeteners were indeed ramping up my hunger and I don't need the extra added hunger factor or the extra chemicals. So I'm saying no to chemicals, and if I haven't already said so, I'm reading labels like mad. It can be frustrating to read label, you can probably imagine how many things get put back on the shelf. Sometimes I wish I were ignorant of all these bad ingredients but alas I am not. I look for HFCS and MSG first. Then I try to find any buzz words that mean MSG but are called something else...like hydrolized protein, maltodextrin, natural flavors, etc. If you Google names for MSG, your eyes will pop out at the enormous list of other names for MSG.

*****I just received a call from the Gekko, they are expecting me tomorrow morning for the drug test and the health assessment. The background check is finished...I'm having a MAJOR hot flash, DOH!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee!

Hot flash!

So, excited for you Blonde! I feel the same about certain meat/protein aromas. Wanna know something strange? When I began eating PHD style, I noticed I slowly, but surely gravitated to being very selective about protein. Now I eat eggs, turkey, shrimp, salmon & sardines. I very seldom have beef/bison. hmmm. wonder what that is about?