Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
One warning! I didn't know when I first began drinking the Kombucha, it is alive and can explode if shaken.
So, when opening your new wonderful kombucha, please do so over a sink. I buy GT's at Sprouts and almost half of the kombucha I open is so fizzy, that it wants to foam out of the bottle. I promise you are going to love it! Start off slow. Maybe 1/2 bottle. Lots of goodness in the drink.

Oh, I found a video that I will post on PHD thread that explains in detail how to make kombucha that is easy, peazy. I agree, I love reading everything that Lindy posts because she is so deeelightful! Just like you Blonde!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
DD today and still looking for *the stride*... managed to wait to eat anything until just now, but I've been up for hours so this is still no bueno. There's still alot of hours left in the day before bedtime!

Frozen drinks.. Mmmmmmm

Funny about DH... I guess that's one way of getting out of veggie pickin! DS is colorblind in blues/purples and funnily enough, his now ex-gf was colorblind across the entire spectrum,...never met any girls who were colorblind.

Have a great day!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more thought on hunger. Could you both be experiencing "nutrient hunger"? This is the main reason why I find that I lose easily on PHD. When you meet your nutrient needs, you can eat much less and be very satisfied.

I honestly can't remember feeling the hunger that used to drive me out of my mind since eating this way. Almost every single day, I have kombucha, kefir, yolks, loads of veggies, 8 oz protein, taters, and broth. I have to make myself eat sometimes to crossover 1300 cals.

Remember, I am hypothyroid, which is another reason that 16 hour fasting works better for me. I asked the doctor about my thyroid numbers and she thought that the consistent low cals that I had while JUDDD may have been too stressful. She agreed that IF is beneficial healthwise, but my numbers were 1600/300 over an 8 month period. Which in all reality is only 900 cals per day. And to top it off, I was not eating near the nutrients that I needed while JUDDD. So, she recommended at the very minimum 1200 avg, but the best most optimal would be 1300. This means that I would need to do 1800/600 in JUDDD numbers or in 16 hour daily fasting 1000-1500, averages 1300 daily.

I hope this helps! Remember, "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."

Last edited by sunday; 07-06-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee

Hey friend. I'm gearing up to come back and JUDDD. Ugh. I can no longer continue on this path of gaining weight. Nothing fits and I feel like a giant sack of potatoes.

My mind is rebelling but I'm not going to listen.

Fingers crossed.

Talk to you soon.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

Hey friend. I'm gearing up to come back and JUDDD. Ugh. I can no longer continue on this path of gaining weight. Nothing fits and I feel like a giant sack of potatoes.

My mind is rebelling but I'm not going to listen.

Fingers crossed.

Talk to you soon.
Laura!! so glad to hear from U honey! I know I speak for Danielle too, when I say BACK!!!

Can I just say that whatever WOE you choose, it's so much better to not do it alone? I am ecstatic to hear from you!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
One more thought on hunger. Could you both be experiencing "nutrient hunger"? This is the main reason why I find that I lose easily on PHD. When you meet your nutrient needs, you can eat much less and be very satisfied.

I honestly can't remember feeling the hunger that used to drive me out of my mind since eating this way. Almost every single day, I have kombucha, kefir, yolks, loads of veggies, 8 oz protein, taters, and broth. I have to make myself eat sometimes to crossover 1300 cals.

Remember, I am hypothyroid, which is another reason that 16 hour fasting works better for me. I asked the doctor about my thyroid numbers and she thought that the consistent low cals that I had while JUDDD may have been too stressful. She agreed that IF is beneficial healthwise, but my numbers were 1600/300 over an 8 month period. Which in all reality is only 900 cals per day. And to top it off, I was not eating near the nutrients that I needed while JUDDD. So, she recommended at the very minimum 1200 avg, but the best most optimal would be 1300. This means that I would need to do 1800/600 in JUDDD numbers or in 16 hour daily fasting 1000-1500, averages 1300 daily.

I hope this helps! Remember, "Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food."
Great stuff Sunday! I think you are right about the nutrients. I still haven't gotten my thyroid numbers, am I hiding from it? In a word, absolutely! I have wondered if JUDDD didn't cause my cyst on my thyroid. Not enough to not IF, but curious. I feel like I can't take anymore bad news.

I'm getting kombucha next time I go to the store. I read some scary stuff on the internet but I'm sure if I didn't make it, it's safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
DD today and still looking for *the stride*... managed to wait to eat anything until just now, but I've been up for hours so this is still no bueno. There's still alot of hours left in the day before bedtime!

Frozen drinks.. Mmmmmmm

Funny about DH... I guess that's one way of getting out of veggie pickin! DS is colorblind in blues/purples and funnily enough, his now ex-gf was colorblind across the entire spectrum,...never met any girls who were colorblind.

Have a great day!
Yeah that stride thing. Is it all mental...like mind over matter? IDK. I feel okay today because I'm up, I have no compunction to overeat but I honestly dread the next DD. I need it to feel in control because the alternative is not good.

I've never met any color-blind girls either...it's rare.

Just got back from a ride in the Z-car. It was nice, we left the top up, and the a/c was wonderful. I have my youngest DD's two little dogs for the night. She's in Palm Springs and I'm loving the little visitors. The new puppies (who are now larger than the two little ones) are staying at home with their Dad. Feels like a Sunday, but it's only Saturday!
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like it's a fun day!

Mind over matter...I'm so tired of thinking things anymore . I'm just needing to get out of my own way... Maybe what I really need is my jaw wired shut Just frustrating that food can have that much control over my day!!! Argh!

Macayla was my first color blind girl, too...I miss that girl like crazy...I really thought she was *the one*. I haven't given up hope yet

Sunday~ funnily enough, I was just reading something about amino's and cravings/excess hunger..and thought, hmmm maybe my body's searching for something Will have to think some on this!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 07-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sounds like it's a fun day!

Mind over matter...I'm so tired of thinking things anymore . I'm just needing to get out of my own way... Maybe what I really need is my jaw wired shut Just frustrating that food can have that much control over my day!!! Argh!

Macayla was my first color blind girl, too...I miss that girl like crazy...I really thought she was *the one*. I haven't given up hope yet

Sunday~ funnily enough, I was just reading something about amino's and cravings/excess hunger..and thought, hmmm maybe my body's searching for something Will have to think some on this!
I know you're having a rough day, you are not the cause of your frustration. It's all gonna be okay. I think you should go to a movie.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's Siesta time at my house. DH and the dogs are all sprawled out and sleeping, the smallest in his lap. The A/C is humming along and I feel pretty good right now, I'm not hot or hungry...my two least favorite things. I wish I had you girls to talk to in person, we could crack a bottle of wine or a brewski and shoot the breeze...

I guess I need to go find something to do.....
Old 07-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're back!! As you can see, I'm still messing around
Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Blonde, man, what mischief we could all get in together. They would be nailing down the town.

One note, I had DD Brandi sip the one kombucha I bought. Something Lemon and it was rank. But later I had her drink my brew and she like it as much as I do. So it's not just me. You will find that if you like buch you may want to make your own. Just a thought. Proud of you.

Sunday, I adore reading your and Blonde's input more than anyone's EVER. Let's try to keep our spirits up and really change the world. Am I grandiose or what?
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Yes my friend it is much better not to do it alone. I gain alone VERY well!

Dani! You are NOT messing around!!!!! You aren't! I've put on more than 20 pounds since I was last on. At least you were here! I ran and hid. And ate!

Got to do something. Scared to start but need to badly.

Glad y'all are here.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Experiment #1

Hello my lovely and best LC Friends, All!!!

Before I reply to the latest posts, I want to talk about an experiment I'm trying today. I have so many diet books, I'm not kidding, I could open an E-Store and do quite well for myself. One of those books is by a man named Paul McKenna, the most famous non-fiction author in the UK. He uses hypnosis to change the thoughts that are making/stopping people from having a healthy relationship with food, or who can't stop smoking etc. My book is called "I Can Make you Thin". I used this book when I did JUDDD the first time, I can't believe I forgot that. It comes with a CD. That said, onto my experiment....

One of the things he talks about, and we've all done this...forbidden foods cause acute 'desire' for said food. Also forbidden to eat, we want nothing more than to eat (like a JUDDD DD). If one can change their way of looking at food, and dealing with the true hunger which we know sometimes has nothing to do with our stomachs, we can over come the urges to eat (unless we are truly hungry). Today is an up day for me, and I'm going to approach it with a thought to "Am I hungry"? If I'm hungry, I'm giving myself permission to eat whatever I'm hungry for. Anything I want. The only caveat is, I will pay attention to my physical hunger, and stop when I'm full. I will pay attention to the food I'm eating. Every bite.

The strange thing is, I've been up for a couple of hours, I've had two cups of coffee and I'm not hungry yet. I'm listening very hard to my body and it's not hungry. I'll try to report in and let you know how this is going. I haven't listened to the CD again, but I'm going to. I remember the best part about using the hypnosis CD is that it made me feel very positive about myself and what I was doing. Isn't it nice to have a good attitude? Mine hasn't been so great lately and I really need that.

Have any of you ever used hypnosis to change the way you behave?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Blonde, man, what mischief we could all get in together. They would be nailing down the town.

One note, I had DD Brandi sip the one kombucha I bought. Something Lemon and it was rank. But later I had her drink my brew and she like it as much as I do. So it's not just me. You will find that if you like buch you may want to make your own. Just a thought. Proud of you.

Sunday, I adore reading your and Blonde's input more than anyone's EVER. Let's try to keep our spirits up and really change the world. Am I grandiose or what?
Lindy your excitement is contagious! I so want to keep my spirits up, I get mired down in the funk so easily. Positive thinking is the ticket, right? I haven't found Kombucha, my little Von's doesn't carry it so I'll have to go to the big store, or Sprouts. I wouldn't want lemon, though. I don't love lemon in my tea. You sure inspire me to make my own...but first I have to taste it.

Quote:
Yes my friend it is much better not to do it alone. I gain alone VERY well!

Dani! You are NOT messing around!!!!! You aren't! I've put on more than 20 pounds since I was last on. At least you were here! I ran and hid. And ate!

Got to do something. Scared to start but need to badly.

Glad y'all are here.
Laura, don't be afraid, you have nothing to lose by taking good care of yourself. That's the way you need to approach this. You deserve to be taken care of, you deserve to be treated with love and care. You are the most important person in your life and without you the rest of the stuff doesn't matter. Start by loving you and being as kind to yourself as you would be to your best friend. Just baby steps. I urge you to say the words to yourself, it's going to be all right. I've got this. Just for today, be good to yourself. One day at a time.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know what's so hard about eating in the summer? Aside from BBQ's ~ it's too hot to cook...anything. This makes it difficult for people like us who would never think to have cold cereal for breakfast. I've been taught over and over again that cereal is the devil. Bad for the belly bad for the joints, bad in general.

Eggs and toast are actually my favorite breakfast food so I guess that's what I'm having...but take-out is so much easier to justify when one isn't cooking.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Blonde! I DO deserve to be nice to myself and I have been trying. Was in a HUGE blue funk yesterday. I think my fear came from telling myself I was going to start trying to get this weight off and the fear of having to count every morsel, to turn down lunch invites, to not have a spur of the moment margarita on a hot Saturday evening. And don't even get me started about DD restricting!

I am actually coming off of a period of self acceptance and trying to heal my metabolism by eating more closely to my TDEE (BMR plus activity). And though those calories are MUCH higher, just the counting made be crazy! I feel like I've driven myself so far over the bend with dieting, my mind will have none of it! Of course with this metabolism healing, weight gain is very normal. But I cannot honestly continue to gain any more weight.

I am really interested in your experiment today as it is something I truly believe in and have tried many times. My problem is stopping the eating once I get hungry. I know when I forbid myself anything, it is that which I want most.

I am having an UD today and planning a DD tomorrow. Baby steps. Only thinking about the next two days.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 07-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far so good

I know about self denial, Laura. It's no bueno. I think one day at a time is best. One meal at a time. I know that why we overeat has nothing to do with physical hunger. Burying problems, recent or in the past by shoving it down with food is what I do best. I can't fix myself overnight. I've tried and it leads to more overeating and tears. Have you ever cried with food in your mouth? Sorry to say, I have. I'll admit it. Anyone else? Maybe I'm a freak but I don't think I'm alone.

What would happen if we truly gave ourselves permission to eat what we want, when we want? Would certain foods lose their magical properties? Could we go to lunch and make decisions based on how this meal will make us feel? Are we hungry? Does salad make you feel healthy or light? It does me, but I don't always make the right choice. Why? Because as long as I'm out to lunch and allowing myself to eat freely I think I need the Mondo cheeseburger with garlic fries. But if I were to let myself know that I could have anything on the menu, I like to think I would choose what makes me feel good. Knowing it's not off limits makes it less appealing. Yes?

I made breakfast at 11 thirty. I made eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast and tomatoes. DH had bacon, eggs, toast and fried potatoes. I had 1 egg, 2 pieces of toast and a small microwaved potato. I didn't want bacon, but normally I would have eaten it anyway...because it is an up day, anything goes. I only ate 1 piece of toast because I was no longer hungry. The question wasn't are you full? The question was are you hungry...the answer was no.

I believe that it's possible to eat this way every day with a little work. The problem arises when the hunger isn't physical. When I want to eat because I'm sad, or mad, or lonely or frustrated. No amount of food can make that kind of hunger go away, I've tried (hence crying with food in my mouth). So the solution is to do something else when that kind of hunger comes up. Suggestions? I'll make a few:

A long walk
A long soak in the bath
Call a friend to talk
Write in a journal, get it out.
CRY, without the food.
Read

Anyone have other thoughts? Am I just the only one who has these issues?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd like to think foods lose their magic by not putting anything off limits. I think much of the time I eat it because it's there and not because I really want it. I get bored easily and admittedly need to find other things to do besides grazing. That's half my problem. Could it be the half that *fixes* everything? I dunno, maybe? I need to find a consistent outlet for exercise, I think it could really help me take out some of my aggression of things that are happening around me beyond my control. I think I'll actually go shop for my bike in the next few days and get that ball rolling and see if it helps. I just know that I'm tired of being tired. It's up to me to figure out how to get up and going, no one else is gonna do it for me much as I would love for that to happen!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

No, you are not the only one. In fact, you sound just like me. I've cried while eating, yes I have. It is our therapy. That's for sure.

And you know the crazy part of what you described as far as eating a salad as opposed to the Mondo burger and garlic fries? Skinny people sometimes eat the Mondo burger too! I always hold my son up as an example to me of someone who is "unbroken." If he isn't hungry, he usually won't eat. And when he is hungry, he can eat a double meat hamburger and large fries. But it may be his only meal of the day because it keeps him full.

During my metabolism healing experiment thingy, food has started to lose it's glamour. I actually had a package of Oreos in the freezer that lasted a WEEK! I would eat maybe two or three at a time and NOT every day which was positively mind blowing! Before on my binges I'd devour half the package at least or stop when my stomach was screaming. I didn't eat the whole pint of ice cream in one sitting, either! (Well once I did but only once!) So I know there's something to that.

One of my head hunger "fixes" is to pick up my knitting and crocheting. Keeps my hands busy and it's really tough to eat when I am working on my projects. I have been working on an couch afghan for my daughter for months. Picked it back up again this weekend.

So you have really led me to question - will going back to JUDDD cause me to rebel against the restriction? Will it make certain foods have that magic again? Though I've gained over the last couple of months of eating like this, I think I discovered a few things about myself, too. Maybe that's why I was so blue yesterday. The thought of restricting and denying myself made me sad. I have to find the happy medium.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a great course of action! You know you want that bike, go get it!

But have you cried with food in your mouth, or am I the only nutball here?

Laura I posted this seconds before your response popped up!!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura I wish I could say what will work for you, but you know ,you yourself said restriction makes you rebel. For people like us (emotional eaters) it's important to be able to handle the things that makes us so upset, without food. Knitting is perfect, it keeps your hands busy. What about exercise? Going for a walk or hitting the treadmill when upset is far more healthy than the alternative. There are no pat answers but I'm sure of one thing, I (we) must find another way to deal, we are killing ourselves using food as drugs.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, I also want to add that tomorrow is a DD for me and I will be asking myself the same questions as today: Am I hungry? What do I want? Am I full?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura, my kids are "unbroken" too.. all 3 of them. They eat when they're hungry and don't when they're not. They eat what they want and how much. Ironically, it was ME who set them up to eat this way I promised myself that they would never clean their plates if they didn't want and would not be forced to eat foods that they instinctly disliked. They all have pretty healthy relationships with food. Too bad I couldn't take my own advice all those years ago. LOL

I can't say for sure if I've cried with food in my mouth. But I DO know I've cried and then eaten to stop crying. Such a wrong attitude to take towards food and reasoning and logic always goes out the window when I'm feeling low. Not good.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

4 Golden Rules from "I can make you thin"

#1) When you are hungry~ Eat

Following these guidelines, where are you on the hunger scale?

1. Physically Faint

2. Ravenous

3. Fairly hungry

4. Slightly hungry

5. Neutral

6. Pleasantly satisfied

7. Full

8. Stuffed

9. Bloated

10. Nauseous

In general, eat on the 3 or 4.

#2) Eat what you want ~ not what you think you should

Eat what you really want. Don't eat something mediocre just because it's good for you. This means it's okay to have dessert for dinner, if that's what you really want.

#3 Eat consciously~ Enjoy every mouthful

Put down your fork between bites. Don't eat while watching TV or reading etc. You can eat whatever you want whenever you want so long as you enjoy every mouthful and pay attention to rule 1.

#4 When you think you are full~ STOP eating

Studies have shown it takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the full signal. Slow your eating, savor your food, listen to your body for the satisfied signal. Don't be afraid to be hungry again in 10 minutes. If you are really hungry again, eat again. Look to rule number 1.

I don't always know when I'm full but I know when I'm no longer hungry, that is what I looked for at breakfast today. And~ not breaking the no TV rule is going to be hard for me but I'm willing to give it a serious shot. McKenna says that being a serial dieter may have made us override our hunger signals for long time...so it's important to pay close attention to your hunger and your fullness.

I know this may sound like VooDoo but this is my personal plan so I guess I can throw monkey wrenches in if I want. It absolutely cannot hurt me.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds kinda like what I'm wanting to do. Intuitive eating. No rules except to "listen" to what my body's trying to tell me.

Love the list!

And nope, it cannot hurt you!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still not hungry, still reading

Still reading my book, and I know this seems a no-brainer but:

Recent research has determined that food cravings and binges come from the feeling of inescapable stress~ the feeling that nothing can be done to reduce the amount of stress you have in your life. Inescapable stress changes the 'landscape of the brain' creating a physiological craving for substances (drugs/food) that will allow us to move our experience of stress into the background. In essence food becomes a band-aid that provides temporary relief without actually leading to any improvement in the situation that caused the stress in the first place.

Control your response to stress and you will no longer want or need to overeat.

He goes on to show some 'exercises', mental ones can help bring the body to a calm state. Fascinating.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

I am drifting in that boat now. Inescapable stress. I need to get that book.

I've really started wondering if any structured diet will work for me. I had decided to come back to JUDDD as a means to lose weight but looking at my history no diet has ever been sustainable in the long haul. It's not the food. It's my reaction to life.

So where does that leave me? I will tell you one thing. I started counting calories today for my UD and have been HUNGRY all day. Could just the act of having to track which I hate already be affecting me mentally?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No need to count your up day calories. Remove that stressor, check.

I don't know. I think there are a myriad of different reasons why people are over-weight. I know WW didn't help me beyond my first couple of weeks because it fuelled my food obsession...the more I counted calories the worse I felt. I actually gained weight. No offense to the good people at WW, this works well for lots, just not me. I can't LC without falling off sooner than later. I make great food choices, I eat fairly healthily but, BUT... BUT...I stress eat and ruin everything in short order. I have gotten down to 209 just recently and then jammed back to 222 in no time. How can this happen??? Beats me. I do it to myself. I've used hypnosis in the past (way past) with good results, I'm going for it. Maybe you can order off Amazon. It can't hurt you! It doesn't have to be McKenna, bookstores have hypnosis cd's by all kinds of hypnotists. It's worth a shot.

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 07-07-2013 at 04:26 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am drifting in that boat now. Inescapable stress. I need to get that book.

I've really started wondering if any structured diet will work for me. I had decided to come back to JUDDD as a means to lose weight but looking at my history no diet has ever been sustainable in the long haul. It's not the food. It's my reaction to life.

So where does that leave me? I will tell you one thing. I started counting calories today for my UD and have been HUNGRY all day. Could just the act of having to track which I hate already be affecting me mentally?
I could have written this entire thing. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

I can't seem to do well on any diet to speak of, despite my heartfelt best intentions. I'd like to think I've had a grip on the things going on in my life, but some things maybe not so much? I dunno, but I guess I need to figure it out.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just want to say hello Laura! Good to see you!

I have downloaded a few free weight loss hypnosis cd's from Amazon and listen to them sometimes while driving or while working. One thing for certain, they may be the best thing ever for putting me to sleep. So relaxing and calming.

I love your plan Blonde and strongly believe the hunger scale is crucial to our weight loss. Have any of you tried EFT? Emotional Freedom Technique? I know that I have a read a few JUDDD budds mention this for emotional eating. It seems to be a great tool that really works well for some people. Google Julie Schiffman emotional freedom technique and it will be the first video that comes up. I have only tried it once for anxiety, and seemed to help, but think it would work wonders for emotional eating.