zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Monica reminded me of another food that I can't keep ever. It is a mix of nuts, mostly pecans, almonds, & walnuts w/ a sprinkle of dark chocolate raisins. It would be okay to keep them if I were able to stop, but I have tried counting out the nuts and it seems that I still have issues. Now, I keep a bag of walnuts and mac nuts in the freezer, but they aren't mixed.

I noticed the best benefit of eating in a window is that I don't snack. I only have time for 2 meals in my window and when the window closes, nothing but water or tea. I really do believe that was my answer for the extra cals that were sneaking in even while JUDDD.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
If there is at least something I love about living in the desert, it'd have to be the sunsets and the sunrises here.. there is nothing like it. The colors that come out are just beautiful. I love the clouds here too, they're always big and puffy like a cartoon Now, that dang heat, that's a whole other icky hot mess!

Forbidden food..hhmmmmmmm...... I don't think so. I don't think there's any one thing that I have to run from, per se. It seems that alot of stuff that I think I want, I get it, and then after a few bites or a serving of something, I realize it was just, meh. And then I'm kicking myself for wasting the calories!

Have fun shopping today!
You are a lucky girl!! You know that saying "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"?...I'll let you know if I ever get there.... Done with shopping, bought a bathing suit, a bra, a shirt, sandals and a really cute black and white polka dot summer jammie set. I also stopped at Sprouts for GF bread and more Shiritaki Noodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I have a recipe for GF donuts. I was never really a huge fan of them though, so I haven't made them.

M&M's are my VICE! I won't say I never ever have them....but man, I try to stay very far away from them. No matter the size of the bag, TO ME, it is a single serving. The true SS bags, the double, the medium, the large, h ell, even the XL huge bag with a ziplock closer is single serving to me. I eat them till they are gone. Sick or otherwise. I love the plain ones, peanut ones and the PB ones. I can't have the pretzel or the krispy. I will eat the almond ones, just not my faves!
Oh yeah, you're talking about me and tortilla chips!! I try to stay away, but I can't....it's the crunch...and the salt...and the salsa. Are the krispy filled M&M's wheat or Rice crisps? Have a fun weekend, I know you have lots going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Monica reminded me of another food that I can't keep ever. It is a mix of nuts, mostly pecans, almonds, & walnuts w/ a sprinkle of dark chocolate raisins. It would be okay to keep them if I were able to stop, but I have tried counting out the nuts and it seems that I still have issues. Now, I keep a bag of walnuts and mac nuts in the freezer, but they aren't mixed.

I noticed the best benefit of eating in a window is that I don't snack. I only have time for 2 meals in my window and when the window closes, nothing but water or tea. I really do believe that was my answer for the extra cals that were sneaking in even while JUDDD.
Sunday I love NUTS and have a hard time saying no so I don't keep 'em around much. I like sunflower seeds on my salad and almonds are a great snack. I LOVE chocolate covered raisins! In fact I rarely buy candy but when I do I like chocolate w/ fruit and nuts in it. So GOOD. I don't snack with JUDDD either, I'm afraid I'll get carried away. I just ate a big bowl of salad greens and cole slaw cabbage with Walden Farms and a little extra stevia, kinda like cole slaw without the real stuff. I find it strange that I obsess over food on a DD but don't care on an up day. Psychological I guess. Dinner is going to be Normandy vegetables and laughing cow w/ a small piece of chicken. Tomorrow~ I eat BBQ.
6/27~226.6
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I guess I'd have to say tortilla chips then.... I get carried away and can't eat just a couple
..and as for the other stuff...it doesn't help to eat a little of a bunch of different things..might as well eat the proverbial "box of donuts" in the end!

Productive shopping trip
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I guess I'd have to say tortilla chips then.... I get carried away and can't eat just a couple
..and as for the other stuff...it doesn't help to eat a little of a bunch of different things..might as well eat the proverbial "box of donuts" in the end!

Productive shopping trip
Love the sandals and PJ's, swim suit is ick and bra is too small around. That's what I get for going to Ross. I'm about to eat the proverbial box of donuts....Did I mention a party tomorrow? I don't want to go, even if they are having BBQ.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Why don't you want to go, it sounds fun? NO donuts! I should talk, just had a lil mini meltdown with a box of Nilla wafers... reigned it in before too much damage...but still...ick. Just realized that tomorrow's supposed to be a DD... oops.. I guess I'm having 2 UD's in a row
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I know Sunday, she's crazy! They'll spend the whole time in the hotel as soon as they've had enough sun by the pool. Oh to be young and stupid, (as opposed to old and still kinda stupid)

hehehe
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani~ I'm going, no donuts. My biggest concern is not driving after having even the smallest amount of alcohol. There will be checkpoints everywhere and if you get arrested today, you get to spend the entire weekend in jail. I never want to go to jail, ever. I used to be the singer at these events, haven't done it in several years. It's still hard getting used to being on the wrong side of the stage. Like a duck out of water. DH is never going to stop until they pry his guitar out of his ...well you know how the saying goes...

Hurray for two up days in a row!! Vanilla wafers always remind me of banana pudding.

You know I haven't lost one ounce. Talk about frustrating. I am perklempt about it.

Lindy! I know, right? How's the kombucha??
Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, of course, major checkpoints.. Sheriff Joe loves those here Why don't you sing anymore???? Sounds lovely!
No plans to go out here..dh won't be home til 8 if they don't close early. Just me & DD16 laying around and enjoying the dvr and the a/c. Made today an UD again, and I'm sure i'll pay for it on the scale.. Oh well.. I've already weighed today and I'm up 1.2 more.. Meh! Really not sure what's going on, and really trying not to panic...but you know me...

Enjoy your day today!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sweetie, i just posted in your journal, I'm up three pounds from my last good weigh in. What's a girl to do? Your day sounds nice and cool actually. I wish I was hangin' with you.

Why don't I sing anymore? The bar-scene got so old that I didn't think I could stand it any longer. I was 53 at the time (been doing this since I was 19) and I was done. I wanted to go out on a good note (pun intended) so I gave notice to the band and finished out all of our jobs over the next year and then quietly retired from music. For a long time i would show up at the gigs and do a whole set or two with the band (gratis) and I loved that. No pressure, no set up and break down. Then the old band drifted apart and the new band (except DH) doesn't know any of my stuff. I love the new band, they do southern rock and blues, but they aren't 'girl' friendly. So I only miss it when I'm on the wrong side of the stage, or every time I go.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish we were hanging out together too! That would be so much fun!!!

Aw, wow. It sounds like you do really miss it! It's nice seeing DH perform tho, I bet? Sounds fun.

I'll tell ya, the last 3 or 4 days I've had MAJOR hot flashes..I'm wondering if that's why the scale's wonky? Craziness I tell ya!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate hot flashes. The worst is at work. I'm standing there taking someone's order and I can feel the sweat in my hairline...poised to roll down my face. YAH!!! I don't know what the deal is with weight loss, I'm not budging. The only thing I can really think to blame it on is having wine on my up days. It always stalls me.

The party starts at 2 and I think I'll show up at 3-ish. You know honestly, it's not that I miss singing so much, I just feel out of place. For my whole adult life, the only reason I ever stepped in a bar was to work onstage. Now I feel weird about it. Kinda lost. Ya know?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

I can only imagine about having a flash at work....I've been getting them even at the grocery..while standing in the frozen food aisles.. it's nuts! And embarrassing because I'm just short of shoving my head in one of those freezers sometimes!

I understand, it probably does feel strange to be there, but lotsa people GO to the bar to "just be".. KWIM?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I do know what you mean.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, by now you're at your party....and because you're not partaking in adult beverages, hopefully means you're not fighting the urge to drown any of the bikini wearin women.... and just in case: if you do decide that someone deserves a drowning, call ahead so I can get there in time with your bail $
Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls!
3 lbs is really nothing on JUDDD. If you watch the "daily weigh in" thread, it is so normal that 3 lbs comes and leaves quite quickly. It was difficult for me when I began, because it seemed to really get under my skin. Then I switched to weighing once weekly and it helped me not fear the scale. I still forget to weigh now that I am daily fasting. I suspect that after having Pinot G w/ my absolutely perfect dinner that I am defnitely up today.

I can't believe how terrible the hot flashes can be. I found that Black Cohosh really helped me. I use to take Enzymatic Therapy Remifemin and it was a lifesaver. It can mean the difference in a good night's sleep or tossing and turning.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm taking the 5th

Good Morning ladies! This lazy gal slept in until 9am. I had DD's little chihuahua over night and I kept thinking we would lose her or squish her or toss her out of the bed in our sleep. After DH went to work me and the baby dog went back to sleep. She weighs about two and a half pounds.

Dani~ There were some girls there yesterday that would have been grounded for life if their mother's would have seen them. I literally MADE myself go to the party and left to come home before it was over. I drove myself so I had to behave. I'm so glad this holiday is over. Bangs and booms last night had my oldest, biggest dog quaking and shaking. Poor thing.

Healing day today, so far no calories at all, since I've been asleep all morning.

Sunday~ hot flashes are maddening! It was so humid yesterday and that only makes it worse. I'm so bad about taking supplements, I don't think I've ever taken one of the cohosh ones long enough for it to work. Regarding the poundage, I weigh exactly 222 again this morning. I swear I need a new scale and I need to get one...soon.

I'm going to push very hard to have a good solid DD.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

I slept in too..

Sounds like the party went well?? Food and drinks not too much of an issue, I hope.

Getting a good scale will be a good thing, just brace for number changes..so aggravating but you'll get over it like I did

We get fireworks right across the street from us at the resort so we don't even have to leave home Nice in this heat!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday thank you for the info on IF. I'm going to shoot for my usual healing DD and then I will do an 8 hour window on Saturday and Sunday. I was having a hard time JUDDD'ing over the weekend anyway so I'm hoping the IF window will help me make some progress.

Dani food was no problem, I just ate it. Drinks weren't an issue either, I had two cocktails when I got there and then ate lunch, drank water...went home a couple hours after that.

I'm getting a scale this weekend.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a hot flash once that seemed like it lasted 30 minutes. I am not kidding!
It was when I was trying to hostess a special event and had tons of parents to greet and I was a hot mess. Literally! I thought I was going to explode. I remember thinking at the time, I may need a drink just to calm my nerves. The worst part, you have no idea when they are going to hit and when they do, it is not like you can go jump in a cold shower. Just horrible.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that's awful! Public hot flashes are the worst. Sometimes if I a have a minute or two I'll go into the walk-in freezer at work! AAAhhhhhh. My Doc told me, with pity in her voice..:Some women never stop having them". I think that's gonna be me.

One more IF question, when you do the 8 hour window, what do you count for calories? I mean how many? Like a normal day?

I'm going at my healing day from a different perspective. Rather than be hungry all day long, I ate my chicken breast salad for lunch. Now I can eat something light, later toward evening when I get hungry. I have shiritaki and soup or I could have another salad. No coffee today. I made it, but I didn't drink it! I almost always go looking for coffee the moment I'm out of bed, I slept in, made it an hour later, then forgot about it. This is a good thing on DD's I don't like wasting calories on creamer.

It's so much cooler today, I closed up the windows and the fan is blowing a nice breeze around the house. Yay!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Cocktails.. Oye, I found those yummy mixed drinky things in a pouch that you freeze and they come out slushy... .... I found the Mike's hard lemonade ones.. had the black cherry one.. lord have mercy I could've had probably 4 of those

Hot flashes abound! I've had 1 already and it's barely noon.. MEH! I hate hate hate feeling like I have to sop up my makeup! and my family can attest, they've found me with my head in the freezer in my kitchen My fave place to be when a flash comes....the giant walk in at Costco where they keep the butter and the milk.. YESSSSSS!!!!

I dunno what it is, but I have yet to conquer the DD and calm the hungries.. I am just hungry all day long. And I know it's hungry because I'll do water for as long as I can stand it, busy myself with things, but the tummy never quiets.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/?/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Good afternoon, lady! Hope all's well over there...glad it's the weekend! It's been super slow here today at work.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
One more IF question, when you do the 8 hour window, what do you count for calories? I mean how many? Like a normal day?
Since you are JUDDD too, right? I would have 500-600 cals on healing day, lower if you can comfortably. Then on Up day have at least 1500 - 2000. Does that sound doable?

I eat about 1,000 - 1500 every week day and then on Sat & Sun it could go much higher depending on if I eat out.

Today, is a healing day for me since I had vino yesterday, so I will probably be around 700 cals. Then tomorrow back to free day. I have naturally found that I do a very low day right after my extravagant days, even though I do not JUDDD anymore.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I eat one meal at 10:30 ish and my 2nd meal is at 5:30 and I am done. It is very hard to eat very many calories in 2 meals. Especially, when I make my 2nd meal taters.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Blonde, hey girl, looking good!!!

First, I want to tell you that, (please don't hate me) I haven't had a hot flash in many years. Had a (can't spell it) hysterectomy in '90 and it took care of it.

Still loving my buch and kefir. Man, I love both of them. Saving money too. I make my kefir with milk (not organic, I can't afford it) but the kombucha is only 4 teabags and a cup of sugar. Easy peasy. I talk about it all the time and slowly am able to have extra scobies to give away to friends.

One friend I want to tell you about. The best friend of my DD Brandi. Her name is Brandi also. There is a third friend whose name is Brandi.
They must have been teased in school. Anyhoo, Brandi has a small daughter that when she and her twin were born were so permature that they stayed in the hospital for 5 months. The little girl has many problems with MS and tons of other stuff. They had a monitor that alerted them when her heart would stop every night. God, the stress. One day she had some problems and Brandi took her to the ER. And they kept her. Called the police and said she was being shaken. Tiny body had several broken bones. Brandi said that she had massive problems and had from birth. No go. Didn't believe her. Arrested her husband.

Man, this was something out of a nightmare. They took all three children away from Brandi. The hubby had a well off relative that paid the $ 7500 portion of the $75,000 bail. And this went on for over a year. The children stayed with her Mom and she had to request time to visit. Just about killed her. This is a nice normal woman and her husband is terrific. This went on for over a year. They did everything they were supposed to. Took child management classes and anger management classes.

Finally, the baby's Dr. was able to get the DA's office to listen. She has the fragile bone syndrome. They finally released the children back home and dropped charges. Man, I'm sure she almost had a breakdown. That was 5 yrs ago and today the little girl is doing great. She has MS but gets around on crutches. This is the little girl I hope to help. I read on one of the sites that a lady was able to walk without hers after drinking kombucha for a few weeks.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on and on. Oops!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Like Lindy, I have a strong love for Kombucha.
If you have never tried it, start with GT's Synergy Bilberry or Hibiscus. You can find this at Sprouts or most WFS. It is just the right flavor for beginning. Also, another very tasty kombucha is Wonder Drink.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dani, the combination of cocktails and slushies is the devil's work...I love 'em.

I dunno what it is, but I have yet to conquer the DD and calm the hungries.. I am just hungry all day long. And I know it's hungry because I'll do water for as long as I can stand it, busy myself with things, but the tummy never quiet...Danielle

Oh dearie I can relate! I think this is so hard because I know what's coming, having done it for so long. I keep telling myself I'll find my stride, but I haven't as of yet. I keep pushing though, everyday..hoping to get in the swing of it.

Yes the cold room at Costco...brrrrrrrrr, and delicious!

Jayce, amen to the weekend! Are you settling into your new place?

Sunday, thanks I was wondering how you worked calories in your 8 hour window... 1000-1500, how do you manage 1000? That seems so low to me. I guess if I had and every other veg only day I could do that. Thanks for the info. Where do I find these kombucha drinks?

Lindy that's a horror story, your poor friend! I unfortunately have one of my own regarding my step-sister and her husband. He went to jail, the child was not so lucky.

I hope the kombucha helps her. I have looked in PHD and can't find a recipe, I don't know what a scoby is, and someone is going to have to tell how to make this stuff, Please? I would never hate you for not hot flashing, I'm just jealous.

On another note your description of the three Brandi's made me giggle. You have a way with words!

I slept in today but woke with a slight headache in my forehead, due to no caffeine yesterday. I had two cups this morning! I have no hunger today. Dang, stupid psychology! I know I can eat, ergo, I don't care. Lots of tomatoes to pick this morning. Funny story, DH is color-blind to red so I have to find the ripe tomatoes!

Other than that, I have no idea what's going on today. I'm going to look up kombucha.....
Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dani, the combination of cocktails and slushies is the devil's work...I love 'em.

I dunno what it is, but I have yet to conquer the DD and calm the hungries.. I am just hungry all day long. And I know it's hungry because I'll do water for as long as I can stand it, busy myself with things, but the tummy never quiet...Danielle

Oh dearie I can relate! I think this is so hard because I know what's coming, having done it for so long. I keep telling myself I'll find my stride, but I haven't as of yet. I keep pushing though, everyday..hoping to get in the swing of it.

Yes the cold room at Costco...brrrrrrrrr, and delicious!

Jayce, amen to the weekend! Are you settling into your new place?

Sunday, thanks I was wondering how you worked calories in your 8 hour window... 1000-1500, how do you manage 1000? That seems so low to me. I guess if I had and every other veg only day I could do that. Thanks for the info. Where do I find these kombucha drinks?

Lindy that's a horror story, your poor friend! I unfortunately have one of my own regarding my step-sister and her husband. He went to jail, the child was not so lucky.

I hope the kombucha helps her. I have looked in PHD and can't find a recipe, I don't know what a scoby is, and someone is going to have to tell how to make this stuff, Please? I would never hate you for not hot flashing, I'm just jealous.

On another note your description of the three Brandi's made me giggle. You have a way with words!

I slept in today but woke with a slight headache in my forehead, due to no caffeine yesterday. I had two cups this morning! I have no hunger today. Dang, stupid psychology! I know I can eat, ergo, I don't care. Lots of tomatoes to pick this morning. Funny story, DH is color-blind to red so I have to find the ripe tomatoes!

Other than that, I have no idea what's going on today. I'm going to look up kombucha.....
Youtube/ kombucha has lots of videos. It looks intimidating but so totally not. I read up for 2 weeks before I had the nerve to try it. It's only like 30 cal a glass and keeps your cravings down.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Sunday, I looked up the kombucha you were talking about and it's available here locally. I'm assuming the best reason to make it yourself is the cost? I can't wait to give it a try!