Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mamma
Stats: 325/264/180
Start Date: PostBaby start:June 2013
Mamma's final start! :)

Hi everyone, I'm jumping right to starting a journal here.

I lost 80 lbs before I got pregnant with my daughter (Although that was calorie counting, not low carb.). I was lucky and just gained 2 pounds (Literally! ), but then I managed to go and gain 20lbs during my daughters first 4ish months as I was hungrier than a horse while nursing her.

I tried to go back to what I did before I had her, but the way calorie counting had worked for me before meant so little protein it was affecting my milk supply (Sorry if that's TMI ), and her getting her good milk is definitely more important than me starting weight loss again..
Then I had a aha moment remembering back to going low carb years ago, it definitely did not restrict my protein intake as much, so here I am!
I remember finding it hard to eat low carb during the winter because I love warm potato stuff that time a year, but during the summer I sure love to just have a simple salad as a side or something along those lines, and that makes things soooo much easier!

So yeah, here I am, with grand plans of this being my last start. I'll admit I'm probably not low carb for life, but I'm sure it'll be a great way to start now and then I'll have to find a way to ease myself over to calorie counting when my daughter is weaned.
But for now, I'll be heading back into low carb world and starting to get more exercise again. Hopefully my daughter will enjoy long stroller rides, cause I hope to get out of the house a lot!

Here's my original ticker, time to get this sucker moving again!

mamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Welcome Mamma!
If you're not into the LC thing, and don't mind doing some calorie counting, check out JUDDD. There is a forum here for JUDDD, which is basically alternate day fasting. You can read the stickies at the top of the JUDDD forum for a basic rundown, read through the May (and even March & April) Newbie threads to get an overview of common newbie questions, etc. Its the most sustainable WOE I've ever encountered! Some people combine LC with JUDDD too.
I've been JUDDDing for a little over 5 months, have lost 30# and its the easiest 30# I've ever lost in my life. I can see some form of this WOE sustaining me for the rest of my life.
I thought I'd mention it since you said you didn't think you could do LC forever.
Welcome!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote