Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   mcchimento final journey 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/804272-mcchimento-final-journey-2013-a.html)

mcchimento 05-16-2013 05:10 PM

mcchimento final journey 2013

Diet Plan 2013

1200-1500 calories per day; 20 carbohydrate limit

75% calories from fat = 125 total grams of fat
20% calories from protein = 75 total grams of protein
No more than 5% calories from carbohydrates= 19 total grams of carbohydrates

Week 1 - 5:
Follow Induction as stated in DANDR but a little more on the LCHF side
1 cup of salad and 1 cup of vegetables a day
(85 g. of salad lettuce and 85 g. of vegetable)

I tried to start on Monday and was good for two days. Yesterday was a very rough day and I ate stuff that was low carb but too much was eaten calorie wise. Today was restart day again. Hopefully, I can make it through more than 2 days this time. My goal for each week is only 2 lbs. weekly so this is doable.

Plan Actual
1200-1500 calories per day : 1684 calories
20 carbohydrate limit: 14.33 total carbohydrates
75%; 125 grams of fat: 77%; 143.57 grams
20%; 75 grams of protein: 20%; 76.10 grams
No more than 5% calories; 19 total grams of carbohydrates: 3%; 14.33 total carbohydrates

mcchimento 05-19-2013 07:18 AM

I did not realize that I had not posted in several days.

Yesterday I did well even though we went to a Preakness party at the local bar. Alcohol is not an issue for me since I do not drink anyway but they always have food to eat and it is hard not to eat it since her cooking is so good. :(

Yesterday's menu and stats:

Weigh in: 244.2 lbs. :)

B - Egg white mcmuffin - no english muffin - I would not have eaten this but was feeling funny and my asthma was starting to act up. I need to eat when I have that feeling.

L - 3 oz. chicken; broccoli and cauliflower; 2 T. butter; 1 slice of cheese on vegetables; 1 oz. ham and 1 slice of swiss on chicken

D - 2 cups salad; 2 T. ranch dressing; 2 oz. turkey breast (this is an estimation since this is what I ate at the party.)

S - 1/2 oz. pork skins; 2 T. cream cheese; 2 T. butter

Calories: 1457 calories
Fat: 113.75 g (70%)
Protein: 79.77g (23%)
Carbs: 24.44 total g (7%)

I had a 4 month break mainly because of work but I am determined right now to get this to work again. :annoyed: I want my life back. The main reason is that I discovered that I have a hernia and am trying to relieve some pressure on it and my lower back. It happened because of the weight strain on my lower back and I used my stomach muscles too much.

mcchimento 05-20-2013 04:57 AM

Week One DONE!!!

One week done with only one real slip up and a slow down due to not being prepared.

Start Weight: 251.0 lbs.
Week One: 243.0 lbs. (-8.0 lbs.)

I would like to be in the 230's by next week. That's 3 lbs. Maybe I can since it is the second week of Induction.

Onward and downward I go.

mcchimento 05-20-2013 06:16 PM

I didn't eat what I had planned today. It's not bad because I decided to eat eggs and bacon in place of the vegetable salad that was suppose to be lunch. For dinner, I decided to eat bacon and eggs. I just could not eat any vegetables today. TOO many soft drinks today. I feel a little bloated in my fingers.

B - 2 boiled eggs with 2 T. mayonnaise

L - could not stomach eating the salad that I made

S - 1 oz. pork skins; 1 3/8 oz. pepperjack cheese

D - 2 eggs with 3 T. cream; 2 T. butter and 4 slices of bacon

1319 calories
Fat: 114.30 g; 78%
Protein: 61.65 g; 21%
Carbs: 2.94 total g; 1%

mcchimento 05-24-2013 05:43 PM

1:09pm Weigh in: 241.6 lbs.
I have been on Induction now for almost two weeks. I seem to be doing okay at this point. I did not have a clean induction as I had hoped. I had two really bad eating days, both on a Wednesday. I need to see why this is happening. Strange both times on Wednesday. I would like to try to stop eating out still too much so that I can control portion size and amount. I have been trying to stay within my limit of 1200-1500 calories. So far except for those two days, I have done quite well. I am still struggling to eat higher fat, I can't seem to make it any higher than 72-75% with some days around 65%. But the weight is coming off. I hope after these two weeks that I continue to lose at least 2 lbs. a week. It looks like even with those two bad days that I will be close to or at least at 10 lbs. for the two weeks. A few things that I have found out about myself to lose weight. I have to eat only 2 meals a day. If I eat before lunch, such as breakfast, I find myself to be hungry all day long. I can not eat before 12:00 noon. If I wait and eat then, then I seem to be able to control what I eat for the day. Secondly, I seem to lose better if I stay off the diet cokes and drink the iced tea. Thirdly, I can not eat the pork skins on a regular basis. They just have too much sodium on them as well ham. I can and will restrict how much pork skins I will eat, but I will just have to limit the amount of ham to no more than 3 times a week becuase of the sodium in addition to the bacon that I eat. What I really need to do is drink more water especially on those days and hopefully flush out most of the excess sodium.