Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/321.8-next weigh in 4/24
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I must be out of the gluten slump of yesterday feel so much better today, actually doing a little housework and such. Hope it keeps it up, my head feels unfogged, it's almost like a little "high"
reptogirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

The rash on my face is bothering me, thank god it doesn't itch much but goes through spells where it burns and prickles, I refuse to go out in the heat with it, so hoping it goes away soon!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Made it through UD successfully with a few calories to spare yesterday. Today I will remember to stifle my hunger with bullion cubes when the urge hits I haven't had the opportunity to weigh in yet today, will be doing that soon and will be back later to report it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

327.4 makes it a .8 I am a little sleepy today, my only thought is because I made a pitcher of tea yesterday so I had caffeine yesterday which is not something I have had much of since giving up my coffee, and my soft drinks. So I think my body is playing a dirty trick and pretending to be sleepy so I will give it some caffeine haha, better that then it pretending to be hungry all day every day. Right now I am really loving judddd, who would of thought there would be a diet that every other day you could pretty much have whatever u wanted, I mean come on that is cool!!! This is by far the neatest plan I have ever been on.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I will be glad when I have a face again!! And no I don't mean because of my rash, I have so much fat on my face, and huge nut storing cheeks, I really am just a blob I don't know how much weight I will have to lose before there is a face difference! Ugh!! I hate being so unphotogeneic some fat girls just seem beautiful regardless- just a random thought of the day
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Blah was getting ready to have bullion cube and it has wheat in it....so much for that.... Will have to go to the store to find an alternative had chili earlier but that's been a good 6 hours ago getting hungry again, will probably have a baked potato, will just hold off as long as I can, been pretty active today just with cleaning and it doesn't look like I got anything done, always cleaning up after someone else
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Have I mentioned how much I love juddd! Down another pound @ 325.6, getting close to the 10 pound loss!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Treated myself to a cup of coffee with creamer today, first I had in awhile for dinner I fixed a loaded baked potato, had turkey bacon, avocado, salsa, and cheese, ate about half and was stuffed, still have a whole lotta calories left for today. Well that's my day so far, I am wondering if the chili seasoning packet had some wheat in it, I am a little agitated.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Well I tried to get my calories in and couldn't do it, I still had over a thousand left, now I will probably be starved on my DD. I don't know if my cup of coffee kept me from being able to eat much or what. It is after 6 am just now getting ready to go to bed... Ugh I hate when that happens. Spent 2 hours in Walmart so didn't get home til after 4am I hate that store!! But we needed food for some of our pets which it's the only place in town to get it. Good night/ good morning
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Well my TOM snuck up on me, usually I can't get enough food the week before, could explain for my irriatablity yesterday! I am excited to see if my gluten free eating helps with the severity of it, I usually have horrible cramps my 2-4 days been in the e.r more than once with them, I will stop with TMI there lol!!! Could explain why I have had harder time getting up and going this morning I blame a lot of that on the two hour trip to Walmart, that's a lot of walking and such that I don't get on a normal basis. I was down .2 this morning after my lower UD and TOM craziness!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I still don't feel "right" I did muster some energy and get the bathroom cleaned and tried to lay down on couch afterwards couldn't rest, something is going on with me and I don't know what. I had a fudge bar last night wasn't supposed to have gluten in it but made in a facility that makes other junk, so maybe I am more sensitive then I thought or maybe I am just completely drained. Just wish I knew.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Had a baked potato today, a cup of 25 cal hot chocolate and some Doritos , while they are not considered gluten free , they don't have any gluten in them but they are made on the same equipment that something with gluten can be made on, company said the machines are washed down between batches. But I sorta have a low grade headache and I think maybe it could just be from where I am just off today. Disaster struck today one of our dogs apparently got tangled up in the tube for our turtles external filter, water all over the living room carpet, absolutely soaked!!! I am not even going to mess with the filter until tomorrow, because I want to make sure it is on tight, very mad at the dog grrrr!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can get it back up and running, had a lot of problems with it initially but has done such a great job on our 110 gal tank keeping it clean, turtles are dirty little creatures but she is awesome! We have a friend in from out of town until Friday afternoon, luckily she isn't one that tries to feed you if you are dieting, hoping I can sleep tonight without much problem, I am not expecting to see a loss tomorrow, with it being TOM and all.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

324 total of 10.2 lost, having trouble comprehending losing anything on TOM but 1.4 overnight woohoo!!!!! So far no stomach cramps!!! My back aches and I don't have a clear head, I can't believe something like a piece of bread has caused so many problems my whole life!!!! I am just sad it wasn't investigated when I was a child.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

I still have no stomach cramps, back hurts still but it's nothing compared to doubled over in pain crying cramps, I am in awe!!! Really and I am in such a great mood today, and feel like anything is possible, including my weight loss!!! I am looking forward to all my clothes being way too big for me, being able to easily find clothes that do fit!!! I mean seriously at my weight everything on my body is fat, I have fat friends and some still have more normal parts, like thin fingers, slimmer faces, normal legs etc.... On me everything is just big, I am most looking forward to having ankles, a slimmer face, and getting rid of this back fat, it's like I have a book bag or something on my back, have more back than front I believe, yet oddly enough I don't think my butt is really big, wide yes but not cushioned, it's so funny how everyone holds their weight different. I am really excited to see how it comes off of me, some people lose their chest or double chin or whatever I wonder how mine will leave me...
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

323.8 that is a .2 down after a up day, woohoo!! I am afraid I am going to mess up by not getting enough calories in, so my next UD I am gonna try super hard to get my calories in, but I love getting full so fast when I do get hungry which seems to be part of what they call juddd magic
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Today is down day, just made some cabbage with onions, garlic, and mushrooms, not for sure of the calorie count but I am sure it is fine considering chili I ate for several down days. I am a little Munchie today, I haven't been like that for several days maybe its just my head thinking oh only 500 cals today I better rebel lol. I know physically I can't be hungry after the cabbage.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Good for you for realizing its all in your head. I've been away for a few days & I was pleased to see you've lowered your ticker again! Very close to your first goal - how exciting is that?!
JUDDD magic is a real thing, and it's very rewarding to have it helping you right away, isn't it. Even if your losses slow (which they may at some point) you'll still be experiencing the benefits of ADF.
Keep up the great work!!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Hi yennie- thanks yeah actually I wouldn't even have a goal but I couldn't figure out how to do a tracker without one, I don't want to constantly be reminded of the "big" picture!!! Well I think I am actually really hungry today, I held off and held off, had a cup of hot chocolate, held off and waited as long as I could, finally had to have some cottage cheese, although not actually satisified I think I am at least able to get over it haha. Which with it being TOM it would be totally normal to be hungry. I have been wondering how many of my benefits are gluten free or juddd.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Well this is when crazy irrational reptogirl comes out...after my down day and being hungry yesterday stepped on the scale and no weight loss. Not gonna lie I am bummed about that....BUT I have told myself time and time again that I will not let the scale dictate my feelings for the day...but come on when I have a loss I am ecstatic, so regardless it does. Now I know logically why I saw no movement on the scale...and to start with let me rejoice in the fact that it didn't move up, just stayed the same! That in itself I should be giddy over. And I need to slap some sense into myself...because for one thing it is that oh so special time of the month and I was expecting weight gain with it, any other time I have been dieting and weighing myself daily I would easily see 5-10 pounds pop up, and I have been seeing losses daily. Another thing is my two previous up days I couldn't get anywhere near my calories in, I was over a thousand short, that can mess up the magic as well, I hope that is not the case, and probably not. Another thing is my body is saying whoa Nellie...slow down there... When I think oh I have lost 10 pounds, it doesn't seem like much for someone that is still over 300 pounds...but when I really think about 10 pounds it is huge, I sure in the heck wouldn't want to go to the grocery store get a big bag of potatoes and strap it to my belly or my back and carry it around, climb stairs with it, do anything with it...so when I think of it like that...it is a big accomplishment and one that I shouldn't take so lightly, so I am going to chalk everything up to the fact that it is TOM and I have felt tired the past few days, and everything...but you know what????? Come to think of it, comparing my recent tiredness and drag ass like feelings during TOM to my normal days before juddd and gluten free, I feel better right now than I did on any given non TOM day before starting my plan...that is amazing. Oh and get this!!! At the end of today....will be 14 days on plan....umm truthfully I don't think I have EVER spent 14 days on a diet with out a cheat....this diet is so doable there is no reason to cheat, you crave something....at the most you gotta wait one day to have it....half the time you can have instant gratification, unless you are craving something like a gal of ice cream and a side of beef...lol but you can have that bowl of ice cream and a big steak. I don't do ice cream too often or milk, not worth the stomach pain afterwards, luckily cheeses including cottage doesn't bother me often. anyways now I have all that out of my system I might go weigh again....if nothing else it is exercise taking my clothes off and putting them back on will only be my 3rd time today, hahahaha... But I will be totally fine if it jumps up, It doesn't matter
Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Guess I am just chatty today. I decided NOT to get back on the scale today to just show myself that I am not defined by a number!!! A big way to go for me, I did however want to think about my non scale victories for awhile, some of them I have talked about like my overall well being, feeling better, more energy etc..... When our friend was here for a few days she said it looked like I had lost weight, I didn't tell her I was dieting, she knew I was not eating gluten because I told her about my acid reflux being gone and my headaches disappearing etc.... Here are things I have noticed, I feel like my stomach is flatter, not flat of course lol, but to me it does feel flatter, I also feel like my waist is smaller. I didn't take before measurements...to me I feel like it just ends in disappointment because if I was to be stalled on the scale and then take measurements and no difference I would be upset, I will just go by my clothes and how they feel on me..good enough for me. Same with my chunky legs I think they are smaller..,well gotta cut this short, just got a phone call and now have a task to do quickly.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

You should post about your health improvements in the NSV thread on the JUDDD board. You might find you're helping others who are on the fence about jumping on board with JUDDD. I bet a lot of your improvements are due to gluten free, but they're also due to the SIRTs. Giving up gluten AND having SIRTs flowing are both anti-inflammatory so you've done double duty for yourself. Congratulations!
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I will do that yennie perfect timing with it being 2 weeks and all, even though I am pretty sure I went over my calories, seems like my hunger is back....sure hope it goes away soon....well I opened up a jar of peanut butter and indulged quite a bit I don't know exactly how much I ate...but at least it was a up day lol!!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

323.4 down .4 after UD, those are by far the best losses unexpected!! I am hoping by next Sunday I will say good bye to the 320s but like I have said I do not like giving myself myself goals associated with a set date...that can lead to some major disappointment. There are a pair of capris I ended up with that don't fit, they aren't anything special, I tried them on a few weeks ago I believe and they don't come anywhere close to being able to fit, so I think that will be a goal, I believe they are size 24, like I said they aren't anything special and can't say that I especially like them or anything like that, but it is still something to work for, it will be awhile as the two sides of them are no where near meeting lol.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Having a pair of goal clothing is nice though, because when its tough to keep your eye on the prize, you feel like the scale isn't moving or you are having one of those days where you look in the mirror and just can't see your progress, you can use those pants to see how things are going.
I was feeling pretty down the other day and I dug this jacket out of my closet to put on. Its really, really tough to button, I can't really wear it in public yet. But, when I started my journey in January, the best I could do was PULL the 2 sides within about 3" of each other. So, even on the days where I feel like nothing is happening, I have things like smaller jeans & this jacket to remind me that it IS happening!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Yennie- the pictures in your journal is proof enough!! Next time you have a day like that just take a look again!!! I still haven't got my energy back, so much stuff I need to do around the house, I did manage to wash a few dishes and get them put up...but it was far from being productive. I think I am going to bed early (early for me) no plans for Memorial Day, think I might have a sneak peak through my closet of clothes I can't wear or just don't wear, I am sure I have a shirt I can add to the capris as a goal. My fantasy is all my clothes being too big for me and having to get rid of them all... In time
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Down another .4 weighed in right at 323. So 319 is getting closer, a little every day or sometimes every other day. The day I get at 299.999999 I will probably cry tears of joy. I did find a couple of shirts last night in my closet that I would like to get into, right now I wear a 3x in men's so probably a 4x in female, although I usually just wear men's t-shirts, the 3x are nice and big, one of the shirts is a 2x in guys, it's a shirt I bought last Memorial Day weekend, it was just a mini-vacation out of state the shirt clings to all my fat and looks very gross. My other shirt is dressier its a 26/28 not as tight as the 2x one but still wouldn't wear it out in public, been thinking about trying to incorporate a little exercise in my life, nothing too extreme, just in hopes of some toning along the way, I know I need to ,just a matter of energy etc...and I don't want to overwhelm myself. For now I will work on getting out of my pjs and doing housework
Old 05-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Repto- I have not read your journal in few days. You are doing great!!!!! and all the NSV-wonderful
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Thank you marika-I do appreciate those of you that come here and offer support, advice, or even just a hi-it means a lot to me today was a decent up day still a little under calories but not too far away from goal-of course it took a large vanilla frosty from Wendy's 570 calories to get there :/ juddd does decrease your appetite for sure!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Feeling great today , I think now that my TOM is over a lot of my energy is back, my mind feels clear today and just over all feel fantastic woohoo I even have a load of clothes in the washing machine, think I am going to tackle some dirty dishes, we have 4 people that live here, don't really do meals so out kitchen is always in use and always dirty dishes ugh!!! I was up .2 today which is fantastic after an UD, the frosty caused no ill effects as far as lactose, so I am guessing my lactose intolerance was mostly a side effect of my gluten intolerance or something like that. My friend that I don't want to know I am on a diet might be kinda living here soon, so that will be interesting to see how that plays out, my mom is wanting to start juddd!! So I need to plug in her stats, she isn't in good health, she is 63, has type 2 diabetes, copd, arthritis, a bad knee she had surgery on years ago, so I am excited to see how juddd can help her!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Yennie I read something you wrote about your mom and grandma and the negativity...wow...my mom is great, grandma on other hand, well I call her a dementor, like from Harry potter that sucks away your happiness and soul, I am glad that someone else has similar issues, most people don't understand and then they go off on me if I try to vent that I am so awful and etc...they have no clue. We all live in the same house, so it's a daily battle, a lot of my rage, aggression, depression etc stems from her. I believe she uses her diagnosis of dementia to act out all the time, I don't buy it at all. I could go on and on but I won't , I might another day when I need to vent!