Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
She is cooking I know cheeseburgers, don't know what else, I will just do the best I can, I know it's ground chuck, and I will skip the bun, so I know I will be over cals today but hopefully I can do it without much damage.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

I am sure everyone is dying from the suspense if i messed up and how much etc haha so at my friends I ate 1 cheeseburger roughly 3 ounces (I cooked them, so it is just an educated guess based on fixing cheeseburgers yesterday ) and one serving of potato chips, that put me like 21 calories over for the day, fast forward 8 hours later hungry again so I ate a bowl of that wonderful cabbage I ate earlier, so I am over roughly 100 calories, which I think is probably pretty fantastic given the circumstances, I just told her I was going gluten free which is why I avoided the bun, and all the sides she had. So I am writing it off as a successful down day, I have done so good with not being sleepy all day today it is wonderful, I have done more today than I have done in a long time, still not much but for me it was huge!!! Most days I don't leave the house part depression part lethargy part that's just me a solitary type of gal. I skipped my coffee this a.m. I think we are out of creamer so I won't be having it when I wake up either, do need to get to the store tomorrow at the very least get some more turkey bacon I am thinking about not counting my up day calories, I have seen where some other people don't , I figure if I am not losing I can start again, or is that a terrible idea? I just love the thought of diet every other day, but counting calories is very much dieting.. Oh I weighed myself tonight a few hours after eating dinner and my weight was the exact same as it was this morning, that's a good thing!!! Oh gosh I ramble so much, but it is so nice to just have somewhere to go and say something even if its nothing of importance. I don't normally talk much, I hate the telephone and I really don't like when people talk much to me, I like quiet...hard to get in this house. Well guess I should close and start to get ready for bed. Thanks for reading my ramblings, and commenting it makes me happy good night
Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Down another .4 this morning, for a total lost of 6 , no complaints at all!!! Today is my up day woohoo
Old 05-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Dr Johnson recommends eating normally but not deliberately overeating on UDs. That you don't have to necessarily count.
However, we always say on the JUDDD boards when someone asks this question - if we knew how to not overeat, would we not be in this predicament? Its up to you if you want to count UDs or not but our most successful JBs - the best & fastest losers- counted DD & UDs. So not counting might slow or stall your losses but if you're more ok with that than counting & measuring each & every morsel, then choose the route that is best for your mental health.
Hugs!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Repto- you did very well on your DD and congrats on the scale drop.

I have to agree with Yennie on the calories count. When I first started counting calories on JUDD I was shocked at the amount of calories I was actually eating before. Sometimes we really underestimate the number. But if you find it a hassle to count your UD calories and are losing well, they maybe you don't have to count. I find the counting helpful and got used to it with time.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Yeah probably a bad idea to not count!!! If I am at home I need to stay accountable by measuring and counting, and if I get the luxury of going out for a meal, I will just count it as a luxury because it is seldom. So far today I have just felt blah and very irritable right now don't know if it food related or just life and the circumstances I am stuck with at home.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Okay so today I have just felt blah etc, and then the anger set in, I have so much rage in me today, and then in hit me, the potato chips I ate last night not gluten free I bet, wrote the company to find out for sure but pretty sure that it is, pisses me off I didn't want gluten to be my problem, I didn't want to have a popular illness that ppl will think that I am just saying because its the in thing and most of all I want the damn Chinese Buffett and now that is out unless I want to suffer, I am just depressed with a headache, rage , and acid reflux. Yeah I am pissed today. Sorry for my language
Old 05-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Chinese can be prepared gluten free, right?
Yeah, gluten-free is all the rage right now (no pun intended, sorry) BUT if you truly are having a reaction to it then the healthiest thing for you is to eliminate it from your fiet. You don't have to make a huge deal about it, just carefully eliminate it from your WOE. And it might even give you an excuse to avoid your friend and limit what you eat when you're with her. You're self-documenting a real medical problem. And taking steps to eliminate its effects on your health. If you were diabetic would you feel trendy or guilty turning down a cupcake? Probably not.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Yes some Chinese dishes can be prepared gluten free, but I don't know how much I want to venture into the world of all the gluten free foods/ingredients I imagine they cost quite a bit, and I have never fixed Chinese myself from scratch, I guess I just like to eat and enjoy the Buffett so I can have a bit or two of several different dishes, and I love the crab ragoons!! Lol probably my favorite thing there, don't care for seafood though...I just know how some people are, I know the gluten is affecting me, guess it shouldn't matter what other people think of me! My up day has been terrible, not cal wise I have barely ate, I did run into the store and grabbed some pork steak, so I am fixing everyone a steak, been so hot today almost 90 here, no air in our vehicle and I did get our window units for our house plugged in, have one in kitchen and living room going, our living room is still reading 81 degrees, I dread going upstairs with only a box fan, I miss central air!!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Was up .2 after my ud. I am having some sort of allergic reaction, woke up with swollen eyes and rash on neck, don't know what it is from I think I might of developed an allergy to my feather pillow?????? So feeling lousy today
Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

.2 up after UD is very very normal. The volume of food alone will make up for it. Don't get stressed out over this, you need to look at the big picture.

Sorry to hear abut the allergic reaction. Did you eat something different, or it could be your wheat allergies?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Right yeah I am not worried about an increase after ud, was little surprised it was only .2 with that big pork steak last night. I have no idea what caused it, nothing different in my diet, I had peanut butter, cottage cheese, pork steak (cut up pepper and onion for it) all stuff I have ate many times before, unless I have developed an allergy to something, maybe my feather pillow, which is not new either when I was a child I had awful contact dermatitis was allergic to tide, if I slept over at someone's house that used tide I would break over the night could actually feel my skin changing during it, I would awake the next morning looking like a monster, face distorted etc...luckily I grew out of that allergy, and grew out of a red dye allergy, red koolaid and flintstone vitamins I couldn't have. This is the first time in years that I have had a problem
Old 05-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Still feeling miserable and I think most of it is because I just don't know what is causing it. I feel pretty sorry for myself when I don't feel well, and I really just want to eat, nothing in particular, just food. I had a bowl of cabbage and not feeling satisfied, I have a feeling nothing is going to make me happy today.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Don't feed your emotions though... then you'll just feel bad that you ate when you felt bad. Go for a walk, get a pedi (give yourself one if you can't/won't spend the time/money to go somewhere), do your hair - something other than food to make yourself feel better.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Well I made it through the day, I went to bed early hoping I could sleep, 3 hours later I woke up, ugh how am I supposed to have a proper weigh in if my body doesn't have the time to do whatever it does when it is sleeping. Rash grew some yesterday, creeping up my face
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

So I decided to adjust all my weigh ins, had been fully clothed for them, so my new starting weight is 334.2, today's weigh in is 327.2. So that makes a total of 7 pounds since starting last Friday.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
So I decided to adjust all my weigh ins, had been fully clothed for them, so my new starting weight is 334.2, today's weigh in is 327.2. So that makes a total of 7 pounds since starting last Friday.
Fantastic, you should be really proud of yourself
Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

I am pretty happy, and I have told myself that I am not going to set weight goals with dates I think that is just setting myself up for failure, bodies can be so stubborn, I am just doing 5 pound goals at a time on my ticker, no need to overwhelm myself the sooner I can get out of these ugly 300's the better.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Well my UD has been very up, went out with a friend, I don't know If it matters but yesterday DD was really low lol. That's about it today my rash is spreading
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on your losses so far. At this rate you'll be in the TWOs before you know it!
Lower DDs can allow for a bit of wiggle room on your UDs - borrowing 1-200 cals from a DD for an UP ...BUT... you don't want to do that too often, or have what we call UUAD (up, up and away days). However, you'll find JUDDD to be very forgiving and it allows you to live life. Even if you mess up or have an UUAD, a good DD or 2 will usually erase that.
I'm happy you're happy!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Yes I imagine yesterday would of been classified as up up and away day. Refuse to let it get to me because I am pretty sure there isn't one person in this world that hasn't had one of those days regardless of their plan. Life sometimes gets in the way. Once I have access to the scale I will post my number. I will say it is so much easier on a down day, no wiggle room makes for very few choices...today will be potatoes.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

327.8 so up .6 not as bad as I imagined in my head, so not stressed!!! besides like everyone says judddd is forgiving, ended up eating gluten and it was partially an accident, we went to a Buffett because I figured I should be able to find something I could eat. Started off with a salad with some ham, onions, cheese, and sunflower seeds topped with ranch...delicious! And then went for some food, skipped a lot of stuff I would of liked to of had, got meatloaf, ham, and roast. Well the ham and roast were actually rather disgusting and bland so I started eating meatloaf and it was good. a big lightbulb lit up over my head, meatloaf isn't gluten free...there is always some sort of binding ingredient like crackers...too late. Desert again messed up, a piece of cheesecake just won't eat the crust, and then I looked it up, a lot of places uses wheat in the filling, grrrrr. Well I tried , still really new to this, will just have to wait and see if I have an episode today. I didn't drink much water yesterday either. A McDonald's sweet tea on the way out of town, I hate diet pop and don't want to open up the flood gates with a real pop and I do really like their tea anyway best way to learn is from mistakes.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

No irriatablity today, just so tired, woke up stayed up probably 2 hours, went back to bed for a nap slept 3 more hours, I don't know if I can blame that on gluten or not. I had been having a few days of feeling good well not needing to nap. My mental alertness is off today as well. Well with me sleeping it cuts down on possible eating times so that is the only positive I can find in all this.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
You have had a good loss so far. Keep up the good job. Your body is just reajusting. You will start feeling better soon.
windygap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Thanks windy

Am having a rough time with cravings today, I have had a baked potato today, another one will put me at my limit roughly so trying to hold off as long as I can.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

If you're struggling through DDs, even if its a one time thing, drinking something warm can often help. Hot tea or bullion. I love the little 5 calorie bullion cubes, a big mug of that will often satisfy me for a while. This time of year I've been making sun tea as well, which I also find to be satisfying on my DDs.
Potatoes are a good choice, very filling! I love them, eat them all the time. I use broth or bullion to moisten them instead of butter & sour cream. "Baked" in the microwave, moistened with broth, with some sea salt & A-1...YUM!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

For my baked potato I used garlic and sea salt grinder, and some onion flakes , not as good as a bunch of fat loaded on it but it works, sometimes will use salsa. Yeah I have some bullion cubes why I didn't think of it duh!!! I just used some the other day with some cabbage, but a cup of that would help with hunger. I have never made sun tea! I remember my dad having tea sitting outside when I was a child, maybe I should try that too. Thanks! I think my unwise choices yesterday just made me off and hungry today, I still haven't ate anything else, my mom is making some chili it's very basic, ground sirloin(she washes her meat after it cooks to get more grease off of it, tomato juice, beans, onion, packet of seasoning) I couldn't imagine calories will be too bad, as long as I don't go hog wild on it but my stomach she's a growling
Old 05-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Chili didn't set well with me, I have had a love hate relationship with onions the past year or so...I used to be able to eat them freely with no problems but then they started giving me stomach problems, my weight is up today right now at 328.4 , I really think it is some bloat from the onions, gonna give myself a hour or so and get back on the scales, I can't be a slave to the scale though because I know in my head your weight can vary on the scale and I know juddd bounces you around so I can't worry about day to day weigh ins I just need to focus on the downward trend. Today is an UD, don't have anything planned yet.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Aha I had high hope to get where I was before my Up up and away day wasn't expecting a new low today 326.6 . Makes 7.6 lost so far I will gladly take that gonna have pork steak again tonight, it was on sale the other day just sit a pack out to thaw out, so it will be a late late meal. Said I won't be a slave to scale but damn it sure feels good when it goes tw right way
Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Good job repto