Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Doing it MY way...

Hey there...this is not my first journal, but I sure hope it's my last! I feel like I need a new start-I need to get focused and get some things accomplished!

I have been doing a lot of reading, video watching, following body builder, paleo type people on facebook and instagram. I am feeling inspired! I have come to the following conclusions:

WLS or not, I am in charge of ME and my results.

Protein, fat, and a few carbs are what I need to eat.

The things that God put on this earth for us to eat are just that--for us to EAT. Not chemical laden junk produced in a factory! Fruit is not the devil, although it does have sugars in it-I should not look at it as forbidden. I will however eat according to my goals. This means limiting fruit for a while...I need to repair my poor metabolism.

I don't need to do cardio on end. Weight training and HIIT are where it's at.

There will be times I do not want to eat this food or work out. I have to find a way to keep myself motivated and focused. (Motivational pics usually do the trick!)

Anyway, I will come back and update...I am excited

Carbohydrates drive insulin, and insulin drives fat-Gary Taubes
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Ok, so just checking in...did ok today!

Did a kickboxing class-only lasted 25 min but I will make it through the whole thing in no time. I sparked up a convo with a lady about the class bc it was my first time there...she ended up trying to sell me Arbonne shakes. I just smiled and nodded. #1-if I want to do shakes, I have plenty of options at home #2-I feel it is important to learn how to fuel my body properly and not rely on shakes. Chewing our food is part of the "process" of satisfiying our bodies and drinking my food is a thing of the past for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I think that if you have a choice between fast food junk and a high quality protein shake-def drink the shake until you can eat some real food! #3-drinking your meals gets old real fast! Been there,done that. But I didn't bother explaining all that...just smile and nod...

Eats for the day:

Quest bar

Another quest bar (in the er with mom...again!)

Half a banana and beef jerky

Chili with a few fritos and cheese.

Could have done without the fritos...and the chili gave me heartburn.... the positives are a)I cooked b)I didn't snack on junk all day c)I worked out! And plan to do it again tomorrow! Gotta get it in...no matter what! No excuses.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote