Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I might add some rice tonight! Love potatoes over rice. Adding SCQ would be delicious!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
This morning's weight: 171.7#. Sad, back in the 170's. Oh well.
Oops. This is why I don't do things from memory. Yesterday's weight was actually 171.1#, so not as big a bounce as I had thought.
This morning's weight is 170.6#. So we're coming down. This is good.
Unfortunately this morning I woke up with a fever - only 99.0* but I normally run low 97's so its up almost 2 degrees. So no barn for me today Not fair to the horses to ride when sick. Took lots of stuff in hopes that I can kick this in one day & get to ride at least one of them tomorrow.
I'll probably have a pork chop along with potatoes for dinner, will try to get all the fat off so its just protein. But I think I need something else while I try to kick this.
Lots of coffee this morning & then I think back to bed.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Has nothing to do with anything

I'm so bloody excited!
My first horse show of the season will be Father's Day week-end. We've got some extra people coming to ride, in addition to our regular crew. I'm really excited because the people who are coming are really awesome, its going to be a great time and we're all camping for the whole 4 day week-end. We take turns cooking so you're only responsible for 1 meal but you're fed the whole week-end.
I'm very excited for the show. Now if I can just lose enough inches for my jacket to fit between now & then...
Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Being sick throws everything off

I'm not sure if today is a DD or a PH or what.
Basically after my coffee I went back to bed.
The only food I ate today ended up being dinner:
1 de-fatted pork chop
Some of my PH mashed potatoes
A dollop of FF cottage cheese
Ok, so that's more DD than PH but I wanted some more nutrients. I think I'm headed to bed early tonight. The meds are wearing off and, although I took more, I'm feeling worse than I was earlier today. And I'm determined to take my jump lesson tomorrow so I need to get my disease under control.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

169.8# this morning. Not quite recovered to my 30# loss but close. Still haven't officially measured. But unofficially lost 3" off my pooch. But 0" off my waist at both points I use to measure. Started CLA/GLA on Monday so hopefully that will get some waist inches moving!
Planning on another potato day today.
And getting to ride! Not 100% but good enough to ride!! Gotta take the monkey with me, I'm so lucky I can take him & the ladies at the barn like & put up with him.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Not my finest day, but pretty good diet wise. Lots of liquids and I'm still thirsty. Need to drink more. Had a great time at the barn.
Ate a couple of servings of my mashed potatoes and I did eat 1 leftover pork chop, again defatted, from last night. Didn't eat much today.
I'm well enough not to justify staying in bed like a bum, but not well enough to function well outside my bed. Unfortunately the monkey took a long nap which will keep him up a bit later at night so I can't go to bed quite yet. I'm letting him watch an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and then we'll go get ready for bed & read books. Then I'm going straight to bed.
I have to work tomorrow. And I'm not calling in sick. So I need to get my stuff together.
Oh, I remembered to take my CLA today. I upped the CLA to 4 capsules and I'm taking 3 capsules of the borrage oil for the GLA.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

169.1 this morning. Need the motivation to keep going through the weekend!
Heading to work & realized I forgot my CLA/GLA. And it begins
I am wondering if they are making me feel poorly or if its just coincidence that I woke up with a fever the morning after I started.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you feel better today, Yennie! I enjoy reading your blog.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cindy!
I think I'm just unlucky. Skipping today's CLA/GLA did not, in fact, improve my throat or general feeling of "blah" any. So I took some when I got home and I'll take more right before bed. No, that's not how its meant to be taken but oh well.
Jen
Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

The summary of my day

When I got home from work, I posted this on Facebook as my status:
Today is one of those days where I am just grateful to be here. The weather is lovely, the sun is out, the princess had a great jump school, C is healthy & sound and ready to rock ***** in 4 weeks, Walnut's bones are healing ahead of schedule & it's just overall a good kinda day. The only blemish being that its hard to sit out on my back deck & enjoy the weather with the #^$% steers screaming at me, but in another 6 months when they're steak, I'll be grateful for that too.
Unfortunately shortly after posting this, said sound horse ripped his shoe off in the fence & the stupid dog got away from me and went swimming in his brand new splint I just put on today. I'm not re-doing it, he can live with a wet outer bandage for a few days. Grrrr... Thankfully the horse managed to NOT rip the heck out of the shoe or his foot but unless my farrier can get out tomorrow or this week-end, it does mean our planned outing down the road for trot sets and a gallop will have to be postponed until the shoe is back on.
Today was way more JUDDD DD than potato day. I did have a small serving of potatoes for lunch but dinner ended up being quite Atkins-ish. Bacon and eggs. Seems my dad accidentally thawed some bacon, which he can't eat (cholesterol) and so he brought it to work for me. Since I didn't want to re-freeze it, what else was there to do but cook it? I think I should get some props for only eating 5 or 6 slices. There is even some left over for hubby for tomorrow.
Making more sun tea, have a fresh pitcher of lemon water in the fridge and I plan to drink my night away And maybe do some HIT running. I got out my SeaWheeze shorts from last year - I hated them! This year they look more decent...amazing what 30# will do for the fit of some running shorts! I'm super excited to get this year's shorts in the mail too. Yay running!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Some photos

I thought I'd post some photos. I really hate having my picture taken, so there aren't many to choose from. Most of my photos from my "fat" days are from me riding and its hard to tell whats what because the clothes either a) do a really good job hiding it or b) highlight every single dimple & roll and unless you're 5'10", 120# you look obese no matter what.
The "before" pic is from October 2011 but its pretty accurate of how I looked right up until I decided to lose weight in Jan '13. The middle pic is from March 3, 2013. At that point I was around 185, having lost about 14# since 1-1-13. The last one is from tonight, 5-16-13. This morning I weighed in at 169.1, lost just shy of 30# since 1-1-13. I actually originally took my pic in another outfit but then decided to put on the same clothes I had on in the March pic for an even better comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (25.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 3-3-13.jpg (15.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 5-16-13.jpg (17.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Yennie, your avi is beautiful!!! Hello hour-glass! Your other pics you posted show how far you've come!!! WTG!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cindy! I figured I needed something to look at & remind myself of what I've accomplished when I'm having one of those "I can't see it" days.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to 168.7 this morning, so it only took 4 days to correct my "Up Day". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my day today. I guess it will, among other things, depend on how I feel & how the day at work goes. I have potatoes there and if I don't have time to get something else and UD-ish then I guess I'll do another potato day. I've said it before - I'd like to PH until the resulting bounce from eating normal rotations again keeps me in the 160's.
I did exercise last night. Wanted to do some HIT runs. Ended up walking for first 20 minutes or so talking to my friend on the phone about her horse with a fever. Then did some sprints, 5x30 seconds with 60 second recoveries. Then I did some flow yoga in my yard with Dancer thrown in because its my favorite pose & its a great post-run stretch for my quads.
On a separate note, I think I'm going to try to find some horse shoe nails and put the dang shoe back on myself. I do actually know how to do it so instead of freaking out about getting the farrier out, I can do it myself. I'll just follow the old nail holes to prevent "quicking" him. Bloody horse!!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Warning: Gonna whine

Today pretty well sucked. Other than hitting my low weight again, 168.7# after an UUAD bounce.
Ended up fasting all day and having a potato dinner. That was not on purpose. We were slammed at work and I didn't feel well, so I wasn't hungry. I self-diagnosed strep throat and self prescribed antibiotics. Turns out this was a good thing.
My damn horse ripped his shoe off in the fence the other day and I could not get someone to come put it back on. Back in 2001 I took a class on farriery for vets but its been YEARS since I've put a shoe back on. I've got the stuff to do it, but I had to go buy nails.
I was hammering in the last of 8 nails and he ripped his hoof away from me. I sliced open my hand on one of the exposed nails, its not long but its deep. Bled everywhere, garage looks like a slasher movie set since thats where I keep my bandage material. Put a non-stick and wrapped it in gauze. Had to lay down for a bit as I got lightheaded...my son was amazing and went into the house to bring Mommy her phone (he just turned 3). Didn't end up needing Hubby to come home from work, got the bleeding stopped. Finished the shoe, did chores, put the kiddo to bed, changed the bandage - almost passed out again when I was washing my hand and got some water in the wound. Now I'm all freshly bandaged but its ugly. I'll probably have someone suture it for me tomorrow. And I'm already on antibiotics! How convenient!! Should probably go get a tetanus booster but I'll wait until Monday for that. (Horses carry the bacteria that causes tetanus in their GI tract as normal flora so really, any horse related wound should have a tetanus booster. This was a nail that was hammered through a foot that walks in poop all day long so...even I'm not anti-physician enough to not get a tetanus booster!) But the shoe is back on so if I can get stitches tomorrow and re-bandaged, I could probably ride on Sunday! Its on the top of my hand, right under my thumb, the reins don't go there!
I better have a drop on the scale tomorrow...that is all I have to say about that! I wonder if vicodan makes you retain water...
Good night!!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Oh yennie how awful sounds like one of those days beat spent hiding under the covers(if only that was an option) I had strep recently , I hadn't had that trouble since getting my tonsils out in 97 (senior in high school) oh it was awful, I had forgot how bad it hurt! Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

I'm all kinds of messed up

Weight this morning: 168.2# - new low 1.2# away from the 1st of my mini-goals for this decade: to lose as much as my son weighs.

Side note: On Wednesday I was taking a lesson at the barn's lower arena. The monkey was with me and insisted he had to pee. Course, he's more than willing to pee in the grass at home but insisted on using the toilet so up the hill we ran to the potty. (How lucky am I my instructor was willing to put us on pause for a potty break!) Anyway, I scooped him up and ran up the hill. It was hard, but no harder than it used to be to just hurry up the hill before. Then I realized it was because carrying him was about the same as it had been just for me to run up it last year because of the lost weight!

Anyway, tried to sleep in a bit this morning. Headed down to the clinic around 10am to get stitches. I ate some GY with blueberries, pecans and honey but wasn't able to finish the bowl because I was getting nauseous. I took a leftover percocet from my c-section (3 years ago...hmmm...probably not smart but it was what I had). Opioids make me sick to my stomach but I thought I'd be ok with one. Guess not.

Got to work & my poor Dad felt really awful because I had tried to call him last night but he missed the call. I told him not to worry because if I'd really needed I would have kept calling, called his wife, sent a text, etc. My wonderful & marvelous technician numbed it, using the smallest needle we have, bless her. One of my front-end girls held my hand while I sat in the comfy chair (so I wouldn't fall off the stool if I passed out), and I hid my face while she numbed, scrubbed & sutured the wound. I have 5 lovely, straight, perfectly placed stitches. Only 2.5 of them were numb...I felt 5 of the 10 pokes. It must have been kinda numb though because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm currently sporting a florescent green & black tiger striped bandage. I had to lay on the floor with a cold compress on my face so I didn't yack or pass out when they were all done. I managed to recover enough to make it home without being sick as well. My hubby drove, I didn't drive like this. Had to rest once I got home, ate some saltines but I'm feeling better now. Still not 100% but better. I'm sitting up on the couch, so I suspect I will live.

I'm kind of a big wimp about people stuff...maybe you've picked up on that? No more percocet for me, I'm sticking to Aleve from here on out.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Lawks, sorry to read about your wound. It's such a pest trying to do everything one-handed.

Recuperate well.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
First, let me say........you are gorgeous!! Next time you can't "see" your weight loss, just ask me! I'll remind you!!

I am so sorry to hear about your poor hand. Glad your horse is ok, too! When you have animals you love & care for(or even livestock that you plan as a Sunday dinner one day!) things just happen!!! But, we roll with the punches & keep on putting one foot in front of the other! Just take care of yourself until you heal!! You deserve it girl!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you my friends. You're both too kind.
Today I was up 2# on the scale at 170.2#. But I'm gonna go not too far out on a limb & say that some (all?) of that was due to inflammation? Since my hand was twice the size it was meant to be? That's ok. I'm bummed to see it but the last 2 days have been terrible food days. Not eating nearly enough and when I do, its garbage. For example, I probably clocked in at around 700 cals yesterday and other than the GY in the morning, it was all junk. Between that & the wound and the medication reaction, I should be grateful its only 2#!
I decided to take my own advice and feed my healing body today. Had about 700 cals for lunch, protein, veggies, some carbs - a nice well rounded meal. I'm giving myself about 7 hours off, which works well as I'm not terribly hungry, then I'm going to have a baked potato PH style for dinner. No sense in throwing all progress out the window
I'm pretty sure I tore muscle based on how it feels. I'm darn lucky to have not torn tendon or made it down to the bone. The wound is right over an extensor tendon, and I enjoy being able to extend my thumb. Could have been worse!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Jen, I just found your journal and am enjoying reading all your musings, experiences, etc. I'm so glad you're still among those with opposable thumbs - really handy things, those.

Hope you're feeling better by now. You're doing so well with your losses, and looking fantastic! The pics you posted really show your progression. It looks like much more than 30 pounds lost!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

LCG,
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words.
My hand is pretty ouchie today. I think I overdid it at work even though I tried hard to take it easy. And, not to be outdone, when I picked up the monkey & brought him home he had a fever. The best he would let me do is an underarm reading, which was up to 100.2 when he finally had enough. So some tyelenol and off to bed for him. Just checked on him, fever still up, he's sweating in there the poor little dude.
I didn't even bother to weigh this morning. I knew it would be ridiculous - between the Percocet and its associated, ahem...lack of movement... and the fact that I basically treated yesterday as an UD, I don't even want to know. No more narcotics for me and today was a potato/rice day. I'm having some CO in my coffee tomorrow morning as I haven't done that in a while and I know that can help me in the "going" department.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Some other bits of random good news

1) Got the a-okay to purchase the color ultrasound machine with 3&4D capabilities for work. I am over the moon excited about being able to bring this modality into our office, and having an excuse to improve my skills, especially cardiac ultrasonography!!!

2) Bought plane tickets for Maui. 286 days between me & the beach!!!

3) Not really because we're going to San Diego in 136 days for a derm CE. Unfortunately its the weekend before the hubs leaves for his 2 week hunting trek to northern ID so he's not going to go with. I'd hoped him & the monkey would tag along but it looks like it will just be me, Dad & his wife (we're all of us in the same profession).

Talk about motivation to get off my booty and get these pounds gone! First Cali & then Maui! Yes please!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

You know what's awesome?

Going out to do evening chores & finding that same #$%@ shoe in the dirt...not attached to the horse! Its back on...again. Without any holes in me. I was much more careful this time.
Hubby and I had a talk about the lower field. I'm opening it tomorrow with or without his permission. He wants to keep it closed to let the grass grow more so we can hay it. Which means buying more hay right now at $9/bale.
Or, moron, we can let them graze, maybe get less hay off it in the fall but buy hay to put up at $3/bale.
Why is he being dumb?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
1) Got the a-okay to purchase the color ultrasound machine with 3&4D capabilities for work. ..

2) Bought plane tickets for Maui. 286 days between me & the beach!!!

3) Not really because we're going to San Diego i...

Talk about motivation to get off my booty and get these pounds gone! First Cali & then Maui! Yes please!!!!
The ultrasound seems an amazing bit of kit. San Diego is one of my all-time favourite places and the climate/proximity to the water and related activities makes it my idea of the perfect place to live. Maui sounds idyllic.

Quote:
Going out to do evening chores & finding that same #$%@ shoe in the dirt....
Frustrating.

I hope that your little one's fever passes away as swiftly as it came on. And that your wound heals cleanly.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you. The little guy is in there talking up a storm in his sleep, still warm but not sweating. He seems to be resting comfortably for now. I hope to not have to take him in but I will if I have to. Of course I will, what a statement.

I haven't been to San Diego in several years, last trip was for a conference in my poor student days. Dad will want to tour the wineries...such a hardship.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
Hi Yennie,

Just stopping in to say hi & love the journal. I love the "slice of life" you give... Living with the animals certainly makes things interesting

AND massive congrats on the 30lbs. The pictures REALLY do tell a story - persistence & positivity pays off! I'll be coming here often to breathe it in
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lou!
Today's weight was 170.2#. Dang it I really had hoped that the 170's were a thing of the past. I guess its good I didn't weigh yesterday to see how bad a bounce I had from my Sunday UD if I'm the same today as I was on Saturday. Happy to report my CO is having its intended affects but I can still feel some tummy upset. So I guess I'm not surprised.
The other thing I realized is that, yet again, I've been lax in drinking my lemon water. I have a pitcher of cold water & sun tea in the fridge. I'm not sure why I didn't put a lemon in the water. I think I will do that right now.
I'm skipping my lesson on the youngster today but I am going to try to ride the old man. I'm hauling him down to the barn and if I can't ride I will have my trainer ride him. I really hope I can ride. I think with enough padding on a bandage I will manage to do so without really messing myself up. Ha ha ha, famous last words!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I'm enjoying your journal, too.

Hope the hand heals soon and your "little monkey" is not down for long. I always felt so sorry for my little one when he was sick. You want to make them well instantly.

We can see Maui in the early morning on a very clear day....I'll wave!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I just realized I used "affects" instead of "effects" in my previous post. Since this is one of my top 5 grammatical pet peeves, I'm giving myself 5 lashes.
Took the old man down for our lesson & I'm pleased to report that we did not jump yet I rode anyway. Basically I had to have zero tolerance for him being heavy in my hands. It was a lovely, light, correct ride & we got a lot of really good work done.
Now off to do some spot shopping for dinner tonight. I didn't write this but I've decided to go back to more true JUDDD rotations with potato DDs until my hand heals. I think the protein from my UDs will be important for healing. I'm choosing to eat my DDs kinda PHD/Paleo I guess, what I mean is no junk. Home raised meat, fresh produce, etc. But I need to eat if I want to heal. And I really want to heal!