Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Ok earlier this week, Tuesday I think, the scale was at 140.0, so damamge over done over the wekeend was pretty bad. However I've been CHEAT FREE since and this morning I weighed in at 136.8 so I think I've finally fixed all the damage my poor decisions caused over last weekend.

SO moving forward, I need to have a clean weekend!!! I can do this....and guess what DH goes away hunting (except it's only like 10 minutes away so I will likely see him Saturday at some point anyway). But with him out in the woods most of the day and gone overnight it will be MUCH easier to stay clean. Last night I had a rough time watching him and my son eat cookies and cream breyer's ice cream :-( I just went to the other room to read Addy a book and when I came back it was gone. I REALLY wanted some, but nope....don't need it!! Saving it for a better occasion!!

todays meals:
BRK - 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham, 2 pces of cheese all scram together
LCH - spinach, salami, green olives, feta cheese, banana peppers with olive oil & vinegar dressing
SNK - chicken salad (leftover breast meat, homemade mayo, homemade tomato relish)
DNR - Cheeseburger Salad
DRK - coff, water, maybe a vodka seltzer tonight, did not have any last night.

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Good job on the scale Jessica and not caving last night. Have a great weekend girl!!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Ok so it's been over a week since I posted last. I've been super busy!! Sick kid, and then a full day trip to Boston to give a presentation to some of our sales reps. Then my step-dad got a deer and have been helping him and my Mom with the meat. Our septic backed up into the house yesterday!!! AHH!!! Luckily it was in the basement laundry room- concrete floor with a drain. All is well, we have dug up the tank and cleaned the clog, and are having it pumped today. Happy Friday?!?!

Eating wise things could not be better, when I don't feel well and when I get busy I tend to eat much less. Today the scale is at 135.0 Yeah I have NOT seen 135 in like 6 months!!!!! Feels good, now I just have to keep eating clean and hopefully I can maintain this weight through the holidays.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Feeling motivated to stay strong and eating clean. This is going to make thanksgiving that much more enjoyable I'll have some wiggle room to indulge just a little. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not going to have mashed potatoes and rolls or anything........still going to avoid about as much white crap as possible, I will stick with sweet potatoes, veggies, and LOTS of turkey!!! I DO love stuffing and that along with a piece of pumpkin pie are the two things I'm planning to eat that aren't on plan. I may even MAKE a paleo or low carb pumpkin pie

todays meals:
BRK - 1 egg, 1 pc of brie, 1/2 avocado (scrambled)
LCH - leftover seafood from chinese food last night (it's in a clear garlic sauce, I eat the meat and veggies and don't get the rice, makes for a yummy dish!)
SNK - turkey slices dipped in homade mayo
DNR - taco salad (minus the tacos and using ground venison instead of beef)
DRK - coff, water
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

OK, so I can't wait to have fresh turkey!!!! Is anyone else here really excited for thanksgiving?!?!

I'm still coughing and a bit congested so avoiding the cardio workouts still but I NEED to get some exercise in, am going to do a bunch of body weight exercises over the long weekend, they are easier to do around the kids. Hoping to get a kettlebell workout in too!!

Scale is up today, that's typical. So much for 135, I'm now 137.6, but I ate A LOT yesterday and probably still up a bit from the weekend since I ALWAYS go up on the weekend. All on plan, no real cheats, just ate a lot. TOM this week making me hungry!!

Motivation KICKING in!!!! Tightening it up today and tomorrow so that Thursday is free to chow down. NOT free to cheat, might I add. LOL. Don't even want the white stuff!!!! I want meat and colorful veggies and sweet potatoes, I might even make cheesy peas, it's something I used to make a long time ago. MMmmmmmm

OK enough food talk.

P.S. my chickens are now laying 5 eggs a day!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Thanksgiving was great, it really is easy to eat well with this kind of meal!! Sweet potatoes, turkey, carrots, salad, a weee bit of stuffing and gravy.....I did have ONE roll, and ONE piece of pumpkin cheesecake. It was the next 3 days I spent at home with my kids that really caused a little damage. ugh. We baked a lot, I had too many "tastes" of this and that.

So I had to check, 138 today, oh well. it's a Monday!! CLEAN EATING this week. Going to stay strong and act like it is still cheat-free november, hee hee......We have our FIRST xmas get together of the year this weekend in Connecticut. I would like to shake a couple pounds by Friday but I need to focus this week and stay strong in order to get there. I got this.

Exercise was good over the weekend. I got my kettlebells out and did a few small workouts. Today I am doing Rip't Circuit from Focus T25 at lunch (in about 20 minutes).

todays meals:
BRK - leftover venison and scrambled eggs
LCH - leftover chicken thighs
SNK - leftover tomato salad
DNR - leftover zuccini with sausage and tomato sauce

Wow that's a lot of leftovers!! LOL!!
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Jessica Sorry I have not been here in ages. You are doing well, only 3 lb from goal. Not bad after Thanksgiving!

Have a great week ahead!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #218
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
You are doing great! Keep up the good eating and exercise!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies!!!!

Wow had a very busy day yesterday, and a somewhat busy day today to follow it up! My son has a doc appt this morning, getting a mysterious reappearing rash checked out.....probably will have to see a dermatologist or something. After work I have a gazillion things to wrap and prepare tonight for our trip to Connecticut. Our first Xmas gathering of the year, with like 5 more to go!!! AHH!!! Then it's laundry laundry laundry so tomorrow I can pack pack pack. Taking the day off work to get stuff done in the morning and we're heading out around 1pm (nap time, so the kids will zonk out for the first couple hours of the trip).

Scale is super nice today, 134.6 Woo-hoo!! Right on target. I don't plan to eat badly this weekend in Connecticut, but there will be MANY temptations - especially homemade goodies. Nice to know after working hard all week to eat clean I have some room to spare for a little indulgence this weekend.

todays meals:
BRK - leftover pumpkin cheesecake
LCH - ham and almond slivers on mixed greens with ranch dressing
SNK - string cheese
DNR - ham and asparagus

No exercise today, just don't have the time. Ugh!! Tomorrow morning I might be able to get a short Kettlebell workout in.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #220

We have our first Christmas gathering this weekend too. Sunday for me! Thankfully we don't have to spend the night. We will go up in the a.m. and be home by 7:00 p.m.

Look at you DOWN low on the scale! You should be so so so happy! You can indeed enjoy the weekend!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #221

you still out there girl??????
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

OMG it's been so long since I've had a chance to check in here!! Tahnks for stopping by Monica!!!

Let's see.....Xmas in Connecticut was good, I ate pretty badly actually. Then I got sick......I can't help but think that all the sugar and wheat likely weakened my immune system. I had an awful sore throat Sunday - Wednesday. Because of that I had hardly no appetite this week so anything I gained over the weekend has now been shed. DH's cousin gave us his gecko, he's heading to college next year and overheard us say we wanted to get our son a lizard for Xmas. Here she is, only 3 years old (they live to be like 25?) her name is Flo- we love her!!!

Scale is OK at 137. I have a busy weekend planned, cooking a Turkey tomorrow at my house just because.....DH is soaking it in a brine over night, should be interesting! My daughter's 3rd Birthday party is Sunday. I'm buying a cake this weekend but already have most of the decorations and presents all ready. I do have to figure out how to assemble this pony we got her, it's the kind that sits on springs...remember those? She's going to love it, it's PINK!

Oh, we made a venison shepards pie last week, instead of potato on top we used mashed cauliflower blended with cream cheese and butter, WOW!!! This was so super good...I have to share:

No exercise this week, because I'm sick mainly. I am starting to feel the effects of the lack of exercise, getting soft......even though my weight is great I still need to maintain my muscles!! I've got a bit of a cough that hits me at night though, so I need to play it safe. No cardio. Hope to get in a kettlebell workout this weekend, or even just some bodyweight exercises like push ups, planks, squats and lunges.....any little thing will help.

I have Monday off, headed to do some Xmas shopping....I might not pop back in here until mid-next week. But I've been pretty good about bouncing back after being bad. Cheat-free November really opened my eyes to the power of NO and how that translates to a better number on the scale!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #223

WHen is your DD's birthday? My DS's is 12/14! December, worst month for a birthday, but what can you do????

Feel better girl! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Addy's Birthday is tomorrow, Dec. 19. We had her party last weekend because we have Xmas get togethers this weekend. It IS tough to make it a special time but we do our best!!! She LOVES her new pony:

I am happy to report that despite all the tempting holiday treats and ice cream birthday cake about I have been doing great at maintaining my weight. I have slipped a few times, and just make sure I get right back on track. This morning the scale was at 136.8 and I've had a really good day of eating. We have another Xmas get together this weekend but it's a brunch-- so not a lot of sweets! I'm bringing a quiche

Exercise has been minimal - thank god I have my kettlebells, I just throw them around a little here and there. They are actually the easiest thing to work out with when I am home with the kids. AND I have been home with them A LOT lately!! AND that is only going to increase because I have 5 days in a row off next week, and then another day and a half for New Years.....I love all this time with them though!!! I can catch up on exercise later......Just a few reps here and there, some planks and squats and stuff like that has been working just fine.

todays meals:
BRK - assorted cheeses, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries (a platter was delivered to our office this morning, I avoided all the crackers, muffins, and breads!)
Morning Snack - 1 poached egg, ham, hollandaise
Lch - Turkey salad on lettuce, tomato, onion and banana peppers
Afternoon Snack- sliced turkey with horseradish cream cheese rolled inside (leftovers!)
DNR - baked haddock (probably baked in the last of the horseradish cream cheese dip) and sauteed brussell sprouts with bacon
DRK - coffee, pepsi Max (craving one, it's been a while!), tonight I might have some wine......
Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Birthday to Addy!

You are doing great, Jessica (considering all the holiday festivities)

Have a Happy and Healthy Holidays!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #226

What a great picture! You are doing great. Keep it up girl! Enjoy all the get togethers!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

THANKS LADIES!!!!

Not sure what I did but I must be doing it right, I'm at 135.0 exactly this morning!! I can't believe how well this has been going with all the temptations around me.......I'm VERY proud of myself for limiting my indulgences, saying NO when I really want to say YES, and for getting back on track after the times I did slip.

I REALLY do need to get more exercise in. My Abs are sore from a 10 minute routine I did the other day. I used to do this routine like 3 days a week and hadn't felt soreness from it for over a year. That tells me my muscles are weakening........My Goal for this weekend is to get two 20 minute workouts in, one with Kettlebells and the other with body weight exercises.

My goal for today is to get my water in! I didn't do well yesterday (or the day before) and I can tell because my lips are dry and I feel dehydrated. So I'm going to make my breakfast now and then start gulping down the H2o.

Todays Meals:
BRK - 1 poached egg, 1 pc ham steak, 1 pc cheese
LCH - Ham & Turkey on lettuce, tomato, onion, and banana peppers with ranch dressing
SNK - mixed nuts
DNR - spaghetti squash with sausage chunks and tomato sauce topped with cheddar
DRK - coffee, water!!!!
DST - today is my daughter's 3rd birthday, yes I am having a piece of ice cream cake
Old 12-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #228

Drink that water girl! It will help your immune system too! Don't want to be sick this time of year! Way to go on 135!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

YES I did good on the water yesterday, not AS good as I wanted but better than the previous days. Off to a good start today too.

Today we have my Son's Pre-K class Xmas party, then my company Xmas party tonight, Oh boy lots of temptations!! I will be good though, I have snacks to eat before the pre-K party and our company party usually has great options for food (cocktail shrimp, veggie and special cheese platters, fruit, etc..) it's all good!! MY only indulgence will be the WINE. I may have several glasses tonight - why not it's open bar for wine and beer at the party!!!!!!!! I need to celebrate all my hard work here at the office from the past year. LOL.

todays meals:
BRK - 1 egg, some deli ham slices, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, 1/2 avocado
LCH - chedderwurst with roasted carrots (leftovers)
SNK- Scavenge the pre-K xmas party for low carb options, if none I have some nuts in my purse
DNR -hors d'oeuvres from the Xmas party (low carb ones of course!)
DRK - coff, water, pepsi max (need this later to stay awake!) and wine......
Old 12-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks for the picture!! LOVE IT!!!!

Quick checkin, eating is good, exercise is minimal......weight is perfect (134.6 this morning).

Got to grab some last minute stocking stuffers this afternoon and then I'm officially ready for Xmas morning!! I am super excited :-)
Old 12-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #232

look at you! Getting right where you want IN DECEMBER!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

I think when I am right on track with my weight it causes me to splurge too much, ugh!! I think "hey, I've got wiggle room, why not chow down?!" OOPS, so NOW i'm Avoiding the scale (for the past couple days) but no worries! The holidays are ALMOST over. The chocolate and candy goodies are ALMOST gone and guess what? I'll be back on track in no time.

Starting MONDAY Jan 6 I'll be working out on a regular basis for a while. My plan is to work out Mondays at lunch, Tuesday mornings, and Wednesday evenings. I know it's a weird sched but I"m so darn busy half the time taking care of my family (let's elaborate on that, family equals 1 dear hubby, 2 sweet toddlers, 1 orange cat, 2 black labs, 10 chickens, and a gecko named "Flo") that I really can't do a daily routine. So this is it.

Focus T25 workouts are what I'll be doing- Low Body, Upper Body, and then Total Body.
My plan is to go for 4 full weeks of this. EEEEK. I got this!!!!

Anyone else starting anything for the New Year? Maybe not exercise but something else, like taking up an instrument? Giving up a nasty habit? LOL....
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone had a great New Years!! Mine was OK, sort of mellow, the kids went to grammy's and DH and I went down to the local tavern to hear a reggae band. We made it until midnight but not much after, I think we were home and tucked away in bed by 1am. Hee hee....I felt SUPER yesterday though, so was glad to have a mellow night. Normally I'd be hungover all day. ick!!

So stepped on the scale yesterday, first time for 2014-- at 137.0 exactly. Can't complain. Had some pretty bad slip ups the past week so I'm sure I was higher in the days before but glad I avoided checking!!! I had a bad slip up last night actually, made the kids spaghetti noodles with butter and parm, man what a weakness for me!! I had several LARGE bites, probably a serving overall which is like 40+ carbs. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?! It's not worth it. ANd not a good way to start the year by snacking on forbidden foods - I did so good in November, I need to keep that mentality!! It's officially NO CHEAT JANUARY for me now, LOL....

All set to start working out Monday on a regular basis. the Focus T25 lower body workout kicks my A$$ literally, so I'm starting with that one!!

Todays meals:
BRK - leftover scram eggs with cheddar and bacon
LCH - tuna & mayo with relish on lettuce and a side of banana peppers
SNK - some grapes and mixed nuts
DNR - spaghetti squash with sausage and meatballs, tom sauce, topped in Mozz. MMmmmmmmmm
DRK - coff, probably 1 or 2 vodka seltzers tonight (santa brought me a 1/2 gallon of Absolute Citron. YUMMY)

No workout today, although I did a small Ab routine a couple days ago and the muscles are all SORE, so maybe I'll do that again to keep 'em active!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
You are doing AWESOME as usual skinny minny - I'm so jealous !
KUTGW!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Awww! Thanks so much!!! I'm pretty amazed at how I did over the holidays, it could have been much worse.

Today the scale is not my friend, 138.8. Not sure why the jump? I did pretty good yesterday, got my water in and ate very well. Last night though I did have a moment of wanting something sweet so I made some sugar free jello with some heavy cream but ended up eating half the bowl at 9pm. Not good. Low carb yes but I swear my body treats anything I put in my mouth after 8pm as storage. UGH.

Anyway that's behind me, new day!! Goal is to get my water in and STICK TO PLAN. no eating after 8pm tonight. Monday starts my new workout schedule and I hope it warms up enough to do some snowshoeing this weekend. We'll see.........

it's supposed to be -27 tonight with the wind chill, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Oh an P.S. dinner last night was Spaghetti Squash with homemade meatballs:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

yum yum yum did you see those meatballs I made the other day? I took them off of my friend Bren's page. OMG...best meatballs I ever had...from the little old Italian lady to full carb meatballs. They were just so good!!! I have never made spaghetti squash. I want a spiral veggie peeler so I can make my own noodles out of veggies. Too bad Santa doesn't always follow mom's Christmas list.

I have never eaten a whole bowl of jello. I always buy the individual containers out of the chilled foods section. They are more expensive, but keep me in control of my portions. Even if I eat two of them in one day...no big deal.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

Last edited by greengeeny; 01-03-2014 at 09:52 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Love the meatballs! Spaghetti Squash - BLECK ! I just don't like it. I'd rather have zuchinni.

GG-I got 2 spiral veggie slicers as gifts! One is very simple, the other has all sorts of attachments for various veggies. Now I need to get the fresh veggies . They are not very expensive on Amazon. Sometimes we need to "gift" ourselves!

Sicca - I hope you warm up! My DS's GF is at the University of Albany and expected to fly to us on Monday. Says it's possible for flight delays.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote