Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Jessica, I am sure hair washing must be easier now. I have long hair, almost to the waist. I am so used to always having long hair that I can't cut it more than my shoulder length.

I am sorry to hear about the scale still showing higher number than you would like to see. Don't get discouraged. Did you at least enjoy the bagel?
I bet you have put some muscle on and as you know muscle weight more than fat. Perhaps when you are done with the rotation and move to something else you will shad some water and the scale will show it as well. It is amazing how the times flies. I remember when you started the rotation.
I was supposed to start Cathe STS rotation but I am waiting for her new workout series that I have pre-ordered so I don't want to start STS now and than stop again. I have been slacking in my strength training due to crazy schedule. I do try to fit in 1 hr walk everyday. I find it very important.

Have a great weekend!!!!

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Happy Monday.... UGH....(that was a sarcastic "happy")

Ok starting my LAST week of Focus T25 Alpha phase. This week I do the hardest workout- Total Body Circuit- THREE TIMES!!! Grrr.....No it's good, I'm not complaining. You gotta work up to something right? After this week it's 5 weeks of Beta workouts. That means 5 completely NEW workouts to do. Excited to move on to new ones after doing the same ones for the past month.

I still hate the scale and really don't want to talk about the number. I must have slacked in a few areas lately too as my pants today are a bit snug (eeek!) but I didn't work out over the weekend so perhaps 2 days off, 2 days of alcohol, and 2 days of not really counting carbs I suppose I should suspect a bit of a gain. I'm ALWAYS high on Mondays. I've come to accept that!!! So clean up time like usual.......Dropping the numbers for a few days to catch up, that alongside 5 days straight of Shaun T workouts I should be fine. No weighing until Sept 1st.

Going to try and have a more paleo friendly week-- like for lunch today it's turkey slices with slivered almonds, tomatoes & cukes (from a friends organic garden) on Spinach dressed in Newman's Olive Oil & Vin (apparently this is paleo approved dressing). No cheese..... :-)

today's Menu:
BRK - devilied eggs x3
LCH - turkey on spinach salad with o+v dressing
SNK - roast beef slices with cream cheese & horseradish
DNR - steak and steamed patty pan squash
DRK - Coff, water
NO ALCOHOL TODAY!!

This weeks workout schedule:

M= Total Body Circuit
T = Ab Intervals
W = Total Body Circuit
TH = Cardio 1.0
Fr = Total Body Circuit

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you have better week, Jessica
Your menu look delicious.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 08-26-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jessica that number will come down. I am just like you, I LOVE MY WINE too! If it is in the frig open....I can't resist. That being said, I did RESIST last night! WOOHOO For me! I love your hair, TOO FREAKING CUTE girl! OH and I so remember Fraggle Rock, you made me LAUGH at mentioning that!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for stopping by Ladies!!! I'm not letting it get to me but the STUPID Scale is up a bit more today, 142.2 WTH?

I know I shouldn't have looked!!! But if I can't be honest here where can I be? I have literally changed nothing with my eating, even the weekends have been the usual cheats but clean Weeks to follow. I have been plugging calories into ****** and it seems like I am in the right range. I've tried eating more, and I've actually tried eating less. Nothing seems to really work. Ok enough ranting. I don't SEE any added weight to my body anywhere. If anything my thighs are getting big because the muscles are working hard lately. Maybe that's why clothes are kinda tight. My muscles respond very well to working out, I just hope that's the issue with the scale since nothing else has really changed in my life except starting the Focus T25 program 4+ weeks ago!!!!

todays menu:
BRK - 4 deviled eggs
LCH - turkey on lettuce with slivered almonds, onion, and some cherry tomatoes w/o+v dressing
SNK - strawberries and walnuts
DNR - Sausage and Squash primavera (baked in tomato sauce)
DRK - coff, water, pepsi max later

Today's workout is Ab intervals, I like this one. It's hard as heck but I LOVE working my Abs!! This is the last time I will do this one as it's not part of the Beta schedule. Oh boy I am gonna get my *** kicked next week after starting Beta. I still haven't figured out when I am doing my workouts each day when Aiden starts school Thursday. I did a test run of bringing them to daycare EARLY then going back home to workout, shower, then go to work. Benefits are I get to workout in the morning, apparently the best time of day as your muscles will keep burning all day......also I get to shower with NO interruptions. As a mom of two toddlers this is a rare task. Drawback is that I have to get the kids out of the house EARLIER, and I have to drive all the way back home after dropping them off and then back down to work (I drive right by my office when bringing the kids to daycare). Overall it's probably only like an additional 7 miles or so a day...........it's only for 5 weeks and then I'm done with the program.

My other options are getting up before the kids, at like 5:30am and doing my workout then. OR I could do them at night after they go to bed, my least desirable time though because it keeps me awake and I don't sleep well!!!

I'll make it work, Every day, because I am committed to finishing this program.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Jessica, it could be you increasing muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, it is just smaller. Stay with it, you are doing amazing.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- I have been thinking about your weight going up and one thought came to my mind. I might be wrong, but maybe there is a possibility that the exercises in this program put too much stress on your body so your body holds on to body weight due to elevated cortisol. Just the thought... I know you did insanity before but do you feel like you are doing lot more high intensity exercises in this program? If not this, maybe it is the time of the month that makes us retain the water.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Hi Marika and Monica, I think you are both right.... my body is probably building muscle and stressing out from the constant workouts. They are pretty intense, with a lot of variety from day to day.

I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. I've done a lot of reading and found that many many people doing programs like Insanity, P90x, etc..actually do report weight gain but loss of inches after the first month. After this week I'll take an alpha after pic and if I'm not satisfied I will definitely consider taking a week off---- working off AND drinking (although I do want to work on the drinking, I've been pretty good about skipping a night here and there, and last night I only had one drink).

I just need to really ignore the scale. I ALSO need to measure myself before starting the next 5 weeks of Beta workouts.

School starts tomorrow for my little man! Today is my last day of having a decent lunch hour for a while, boo-hoo! Oh well it's worth giving up to spend a little time driving my son to school in the middle of the day. I don't normally see him between 8am-5:30pm so I'm happy about that. I've decided to do my workouts in the mornings after I bring the kids to daycare, it's only for another month and a half. After that I'll take a break from the workouts and then start a less rigorous routine going into the holidays. I'm considering doing the Focus T25 program in January (probably when I'll need it more after the holidays!!!).

todays menu:
BRK - leftover cauliflower chedder and ham casserole
LCH - leftover cheeseburger on lettuce
SNK - Turkey slices and Strawberries
DNR - Sausage and Squash primavera (baked in tomato sauce) - last night we had chicken and green beans instead of this.....
DRK - coff, water, going to try to stick to ONE glass of wine tonight.

Todays workout- Total Body Circuit
Old 08-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

OH Start of school! I am sure he is very excited! ENJOY!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! So first day of school - I did my workout this morning, a very odd time for me. I'm so used to working out at lunch~ the best part is that I showered right after today so am not sitting in my "stink" at the office all afternoon! The cool water felt GREAT too. I might start to like this routine!

Scale is a bit nicer to me today, 139.0 A nice little whoosh. I know I should avoid that stupid thing!!! Ugh! But I was happy today to be back down in the 130's at least.......I just need to be more patient!

well I'm taking tomorrow off, and Monday is a holiday. Not sure how much posting I will do over the weekend but I wish everyone a happy labor day weekend!!!!! Enjoy!!

And after tomorrow I will have officially completed 5 weeks of Alpha Focus T25. Next is Beta.... Starting MONDAY!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- nice that you were able to fit in the workouts in the morning. I much prefer to workout in the morning. In the evening I have no energy to do anything.

Congrats on completing 5 weeks rotation, I know it takes a lot of effort to commit to a workout rotation.

Wonderful that the scale showed nicer number

Have a great holiday weekend!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Jessica - I love doing my workouts in the a.m. first thing. Gets them done, completed and out of the way and YES I can shower immediately and just enjoy the rest of whatever happens during the day! Have a great weekend girl! Enjoy your FOUR day weekend, Jealous is what I am!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

How was your weekend girl???
Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How are you, Jessica? Hope you had a nice weekend.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear about your little one I have never even heard of such disease. Hope she is better now.

Only 5 weeks left and you will be done!!! I am sure your body has changed even though the scale is not showing.

I had to take some time off from exercising due to sickness but kept with walking every other day. Hopefully by next week I should be back into swing of things. I really miss my workouts.

Have a great weekend Jessica!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I guess it's really contagious but we don't know anyone else around here that has it. Strange! She didn't have it bad either, just a fever on Saturday and a few spots in her mouth. It was nice being home with the kids for all that time but I am HAPPY to be back at work!!!
Glad she is feeling better. The odd thing about that is by the time you know you have it, you aren't really contageous anymore. It is truly more annoying than truly making you feel sick. The people that have to really watch are pregnant women. It can be fatal to a fetus. I had it in high school, once you have had it, you can't get it again. When I was pregant with DD I was exposed to it. Everyone freaked! I told them all, I had had it, but they insisted on doing all the testing. The testing confirmed I was right. It's an odd little virus, or whatever it is.

Post the picture girl! You have worked so hard, you deserve the rewards!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Oh Marika I am so looking forward to an exercise break! After today only more 4 more weeks of daily workouts. I can't believe I've been so motivated to continue this long, it goes by fast! Once done I'll continue to work out but I'll do some different things and probably only like 2 - 3 days a week for a while.

Ah yes Monica I have heard that it can be bad for pregnancies. I'm still not 100% sure that's what my daughter had since we never went to the Doc (they were closed over the holiday weekend and she was no near bad enough to take to the ER). I called them Tuesday and they said if her symptons were gone not to worry about it and she could return to day care once the rash was clear (more specifically once the blisters stopped oozing) but she never had any blisters.....I never got anything, my mom thinks I never had this, so maybe it wasn't even HFM. Just glad whatever it was that it was mild and short lived!!! My kids have yet to get chicken pox, so that's probably next! UGH!! I did have them....at least.

Well scale is no change, 139.0 I guess I need to accept I've built some muscle. I bet after I stop working out every day my body will release some of the water weight held but we'll see. I don't want to do VLC or M&E because I do want the calories for my workouts. Maybe when I'm done with this phase (mid-October) I'll do a 3 day M&E fast. They are actually easy for me and kind fun. I LOVE MEAT....

And soon......we will have fresh eggs!!! Our chickens are doing great, we have 10 and they all have grown. They should start laying very soon. Here's the kids playing with them with the other day:

Old 09-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Fresh eggs. ARe they different from store bought?? I LOVE EGGS!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- you are lucky girl to get your own eggs.
I get mine at farmer's market. They are pastured raised. There is a huge difference from store bought eggs. Even the organic/free range store bought don't come close to them.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Ahhh yes fresh eggs taste amazing! Especially when making quiches Mmmmmmm

Notice above one chicken is riding in a toy truck! Haha maybe our eggs will taste even better because we have such happy Chicks :-)
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so cute, Jessica. I am sure happy chicken produce happy eggs
Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

I have never tried fresh eggs. HMMMM let us know how the egg laying goes!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday!! Not weighing today, I know I'm up a bit. I ate pretty good over the weekend. Just a few naughty slip ups (blooming onion at the fair...Mmmmmm) definitely could have been worse!!

PLUS football sundays are here, my DH is a huge fan. He loves to cook up lots of yummy stuff. Yesterday he smoked a big pork shoulder butt, he made buffalo wings. and meatballs! Mmmmm....The meatballs aren't the best for me because he uses sweet baby ray's and grape jelly with them, I just try to get my own little bowl full and not have as much of the sauce.

Starting week 2 of Beta phase on Focus T25. Feeling good!!! Happy Monday to everyone!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy MONDAY to you too!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great week Jessica!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- hope your week went well and your little one is back to normal.

Have a great weekend, girl!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Marika- yea it was a busy week and the kids are doing great :-)

So happy friday! no change on the scale. 139 it is. I am like a broken record!!!! LOL.... Focus T25 is going great, just finished week 2 of Beta, got 3 more weeks left!! Seeing results, clothes fitting good. Not gonna sweat the scale.
Tomorrow Aiden starts pre-K soccer!! WOohoo!!! My favorite sport. I actually volunteered to help coach so this is going to be really exciting for me. Aiden seems into soccer when we play at home, we'll see how he is on the field with his teammates. I hope he likes it!!!

todays menu:
BRK - 5 cream cheese clouds with PB
LCH - chef salad
SNK - meatballs (leftovers)
DNR - cheeseburger salad
DRK - coff, pepsi max (better than coke zero because it has GINSENG in it, yippeeeee!), some vodka seltzers tonight!
DST - more clouds

Todays workout I did Speed 2.0 it is entirely cardio and my calves were burning! I did actually follow the modified moves for a little bit here and there. Excited to have a couple days off from working out. Ahhhhhh although I'm definitely going to get some running in at soccer in the morning.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

OH Soccer, how fun!! How did it go???
OH I am not sure ANYTHING is better than Coke Zero, I LOVE IT SO!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Weekend was OK. I had a few slip ups but overall I think I did good eating-wise. Soccer was not a success. Aiden lasted all of 10 minutes then wanted to run to the side and whine or go to the playground which was RIGHT there and a total distraction for these 4 year olds! It was their first time ever playing soccer......I volunteered to coach this saturday, not sure how that is going to go if I have to chase my son around while he refuses to participate with the group *sigh* Maybe he'll do better this week if I just ignore him? LOL....

SOOOOOO It's Tuesday, I should have listened to my inner voice and not checked the scale, but I did. Ugh, 142. Sucks to work out every single day only to see the scale go up. I did better maintaining 135-ish when I wasn't working out so hard. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to finishing Focus T25 so I can get back to my "normal" routine. Yes Yes Yes I keep telling myself it's not like I'm gaining fat back, I'm obviously not since everything is still the same size. I really hope to see a loss in inches at the end of this workout program, otherwise **** is gonna hit the fan! LOL!!!

Ok done with ranting, the scale doesn't matter and I KNOW THIS. This is the only place though I can let the inner whiney me out.....

todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg, 2 pc honey ham, 1 pc cheese (all scrambled)
LCH - egg salad on spinach with green olives
SNK - tomato slices with ranch dressing
DNR - chicken thighs baked with a side of sauteed brussel sprouts
DRK - coff, I held to two glasses of wine last night.....tonight it's a new episode of Sons so will probably have another couple glasses (keeping it to ONLY two though!)

Todays workout was Upper Focus. It went well, I'm getting better at push-ups. Still not dropping to my knees, and I am able to do MORE at a time. It was cold here this morning so the workout was a nice warm up for my body. Another plus for morning workouts!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- you are doing great finishing the rotation and not being discouraged by the scale. I admire this about you! I think I would have dropped-out by this time. You are smart sticking with it. I have a feeling once you are done with the rotation, you will see drop on the scale. KUTGW!