Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Jessica- your menu looks great. That's a bummer you can't exercise. I know you really enjoy it, but at least if you keep to LC, you will be fine.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
I did do some arm stuff last night, trying to keep up with the July arms challenge. Feeling a bit sore already, later it will be worse. Not the exercise I want to be doing, but it's something. Next week I will have more time.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...63053891_n.jpg

Last night was sort of a challenge for me. I splurged on a few legal things, I actually ate little pieces of cold butter, wow. LOL....and a few salami roll ups. I bet my calories and fat for the day were through the roof, but at least I managed the keep carbs low. That's all I'm counting now anyway. Will try to do better today.

I had 2 cheeseburgers last night, with just onion, mayo, mustard, and a little hot sauce. These were good sized burgers, but I was STILL hungry afterwards. Ugh.

todays menu:
BRK - cauliflower, ham, cream cheese, butter mash (very small amount of leftovers)
LCH - leftover cheeseburger with mayo and mustard and sweet onion on lettuce
SNK - cukes with ranch
DNR - grilled chicken thighs and brussel sprouts
DRK - coff and water, maybe some white wine tonight.

The wine will put me over 20 carbs net. But if I keep it to only a couple glasses it should be fine. Crossing my fingers for a nice number on the scale tomorrow. It's been a week, I just hope I"m not higher than last wednesday!!!

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life

Last edited by Sicca; 07-09-2013 at 07:36 AM..
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Well a couple days of clean eating has helped!! Scale is decent enough at 137.6 Of course I wish I were a bit lower, at least at my goal weight of 135. But hey it's just over 2 pounds off!! Not Bad! I honestly thought it would be worse.

Our sour Cherry tree is kicking butt!! We picked almost 4 cups last night and have plenty more coming--

My son asked me to make him cherry pie tonight, I am not a fan of pies so this should be easy for me to avoid. I actually plan to freeze a few cherries with splenda and whipped cream for myself :-)

Still not getting enough exercise in but if the weather is good later I will be playing soccer! My favorite sport!!! A few ladies from town are getting together for a little scrimmage, I could use this so I hope the weather holds up.

Next week I am going to try and prepare for an M&E fast for 3 days. Mon-Weds. I will make salmon/egg muffins to have for breakfast each morning, lunch will be chicken or ham salad, snacks will be deviled eggs, the dinners will be hard since the whole family will be around. I will likely just fend for myself and have things like steak, fish, and hot dogs. There, that's my three days worth of meals right there!!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I love sour cherries and they are so healthy.
I can't find them in any stores around here.

Your M & E menu sounds scrumptious. I have been eating M & E for the past 3 days and so far don't miss any veggies.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica, I was thinking of getting Focus T25, but I have so many workouts that I can't justify the purchase right now. Please let me know how you like it.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Oh I will let you know, I'm pretty excited to start something again as it's been a while and I'm feeling "squishy" I too couldn't justify the expense right now but a friend of mine has a hook up with a beachbody coach so I am getting a copy to "borrow" for a while. LOL....

Not much to report. I was a good girl last night and said NO to ice cream and pie, this is when the D in DH turns to "damn or darn" hee hee... Chocolate syrup, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, fresh cherry pie. UGH!!! I refrained, in fact I think I enjoyed the extra 2 vodka drinks more than I would have the dessert anyway!!!

TGIF....

todays menu:
BRK - skipped, too busy
LCH - ham salad (can ham, mayo, mustard, dill pickle, hot peppers)
SNK - celery with cream cheese
DNR- Pork strips with fresh broccoli from the GARDEN!!!!

Ch-Ch-Check it out-----

and fresh lettuce from my GARDEN that we used for our cheeseburger salads last night:

I will eat clean this weekend, I will eat clean this weekend, I will eat clean this weekend.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Saturday I had a great day, lots of time outside! I even got some arm workouts in, and was able to avoid all temptations - minus a few roasted marshmallows (but at least I didn't have graham crackers and chocolate with them!). Yesterday things went downhill late in the day.....so much for being STRONG willed against no pie. Man once we topped it with ice cream and whipped cream I HAD TO HAVE SOME.

It was the last piece of our homemade cherry pie from our very own cherry tree. I justified it, and said it's a one time deal here I will clean myself up this week but I deserve to enjoy the fruits of my land, right?

Well scale is obviously up. I HAD to check, damnitall.....I would have waited for Wednesday but decided that I am going for the M&E fast for the next 3 days. I'm prepared. I can do this!

todays menu:
coffee with sf vanilla cream
1 egg 1 pc of ham scramb together with a little butter
can of chicken plus mayo and dill relish
egg salad (snack)
steak fried with butter, garlic and herbs
1/2 cup sf jello with cream

So minus the little bits of cream in there and a few small condiments I think it's a pretty strict menu, but I think it's tasty enough for me to be satisfied all day. I have some sliced turkey for back up snacks if I need it.

Starting at 140.4, wish me luck!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

well one day of m&e down, scale down a bit too, 139.0 Gosh would be nice to see 135 soon!!! I don't know when I saw that last? It's been hovering a couple pounds up way too often these days.

Today I am starting Focus T25 :-)

This should help tighten a few spots up and keep me maintaining. Wish me luck!!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

So last week I did m&e fast for a few days and it really helped wash away a few pounds rather quickly for me. I don't want this to become a habit though and have to drop to such LC numbers after every weekend. I will abuse it and then my body will get to used to it.....that would not be good.

Now it's Monday, yes I had a few slip ups over the weekend, the worst was the ginger ice cream I had on Saturday. Anyway, I don't want to know what my weight is but I do want to eat LC and clean for a few days before checking. Not m&e as I don't want that to be abused so I am going to induction levels today and tomorrow and will check weight on Wednesday morning. If around 135 then I know I am GOOD!!! If not then maybe I'll drop to m&e to get back to where I need to be quicker.

todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg, 1 pc ham, 1 pc cheese, scrambled
LCH - chicken salad with celery on lettuce
SNK - deviled eggs
DNR - cheese burger with relish, mayo, and a little ketchup on lettuce
DRK - coff, water

I made the sf jello creamsicle last night but am waiting until tomorrow to eat it because DH won't be home tonight to eat ice cream in front of me. Tomorrow I will need the jello :-)

Wasn't good with exercise over the weekend, and have a few things going on this week so will probably slack a bit on that again, UGH!! Hopefully tomorrow at lunch I can squeeze in a workout!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi Sicca,

I love your journal, it's very inspiring . I was wondering if you've done the Focus T25 workout yet? If you have, how did you like it? It looks interesting....
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
How is the FOCUS T25??? I'm dying to know too!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you that you love T25. I know that soon or later I will get this one. I am such an exercise DVD junkie

Your manu looks great. KUTGW!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Thanks for the info I think I'm going to have to buy it.
I had never heard of jello creamsycle until I read that on your menu. I looked it up and made it last night . That's what I love about reading other journals, you learn all sorts of new things!
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Marika I LOVE FOCUS T25!!! The variety is great, just what I needed. I had been doing the one insanity fast & Furious workout like 2 days a week for almost a year! I incorporated some brazil butt lift and weight lifting into my routine, but I just got bored. These new workouts are great, there are 8 of them I think? They are hard, but you can follow the easy moves if you want, and they are SHORT, but you sweat like it's been an hour of working out!!! Highly recommend. I work Full time, I have a DH, a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old, 2 dogs, a cat, and 9 chickens. I don't have time to workout an hour a day.

Hi Tanya thanks for stopping by!! I wondered why I hadn't heard of jello creamsicles either, and like you I had stumbled upon it in another thread/journal. Now I have a new *love* that is SO Easy to make. My only gripe is that it takes 4 hours to set!! Must think ahead. LOL...

So feeling pretty good. Yesterday I weighed in at 137.6, not going to weigh again until next Wednesday. I'm OK with the weight, only a couple pounds up from my goal. Working out more this week could be the culprit as my eating has been great,. I might have overeaten a bit last night, and kinda feel bloated today, but it was all legal stuff.

Going ahead and climbing up towards induction levels today and tomorrow. Gotta love the ups and downs of maintenance! UGH!! That was a joke....
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

SO happy to not have to weigh until Wednesday. I would guess that I am probably about 5 lbs UP from everything I ate over the weekend. I was BAD. I don't know what came over me, I didn't eat a lot......I just ate the WRONG things this time. A bite of this, a taste of that, it all added up and I am a little upset wtih myself for going too far with it. YUP spaghetti, toast, ice cream, UGH!!!

No worries!! Going to workout ALL five days this week, going to eat clean, and am already drinking A LOT of water. I can do this. I might even wait and weigh myself on Friday since I feel like I have more to lose than just a few pounds on this Monday.

I think it was the stress of the re-fi closing on Friday, and being alone with the kids all weekend- it all added up. Anyway, it's in the past.

todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg, 1 pc cheddar, 1 pc deli ham
LCH - Tuna, mayo, relish on lettuce with banana peppers
SNK - ham and cream cheese roll ups with 2 strawberries
DNR - steak and Parmesan sauce
DRK - coff & water
DST - maybe a couple pb bombs

Not going to go VLC, just induction levels for the week, and see what happens.

Focus T25 workout schedule this week:
Monday- Lower Body Focus
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - Total Body Circuit
Thursday - Speed 1.0
Friday - Ab Intervals

Not to mention finishing the Arms challenge:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #76

I may have to look into that. 25 minutes, you are right, we could all make time for that. Did you buy your T25 from the website? Or other location?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- I am sure your weight will be down by the end of the week or sooner, especially with all the exercise you do.

How is the music in T25?

Have a great week ahead!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Hi Monica, I was lucky to have a friend that has the Focus T25 DVD's and she lent it to me. She is doing something completely different. Yes 25 minutes I can do!! Today my legs are KILLING me from the lower body workout yesterday. And to think it was only 25 minutes?

Marika-- I can't say that I recall what the music is like- I'm so focused on Shaun T and the movements that I don't really hear it. I do have to say that a lot of the moves are fun and "dance-y" for being such a hard workout. Shaun T seems to mix a lot of his "hip hop" Abs stuff into them.

Very curious about the scale, I looked at it today but did not get on. I don't know why I'm scared to....I mean it's just a number. All my regular clothes are fitting fine. I guess I'm more like testing myself to see if I can stay on top of my weight without needing to weigh constantly. My cycle is pretty regular, I eat really low carbs mon-Weds. I eat a bit above induction levels thur-fri, I eat higher on the weekends, sometimes up to 60-70 carbs, then back to VLC on Mondays. LOL.....

The one thing that I hadn't been doing is exercising often, instead of just 2 - 3 days a week I'm shooting for 4-5 right now and I hope this helps stabilize things. Instead of floating between 135-140 I would REALLY love to be floating between 130-135.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for info Jessica. I need a good music when I exercise. Some weight lifting DVD that I have don't bother me if they have so so music, but for cardio I need good beat. I love Shaun T's Rocking Body DVD, how you tried it? It is awesome!

Don't worry about the scale if the clothes fit well. I think with your carb schedule you are keeping your body guessing, which is a good thing!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Marika, I hope you're right. It's sort of like a low carb version of JUDDD that I am doing, except it's DD all week and then UD on the weekends!!! I don't really know how it happened but it seems to be the cycle I have settled into for the past year of maintaining. I would still like to lose 5 lbs, I'm hoping the new workout schedule will help that since I've finally found something I can commit to on a regular basis. I bet I would LOVE rockin' body, I've seen the commercials for it. Maybe I'll ask my beachbody friend if they have a copy I can borrow? For now though it's Focus T25!!

Did I mention how SORE my legs are? Ok yesterday was a walk in the park compared to today. Going down stairs is so painful, I have to hold the rail and go slow for fear of my legs collapsing! LOL!!! Anyone know anything I can eat or drink today to help?

Don't get me wrong, I may be complaining but I LOVE THE PAIN! It's a sign of a good workout. I can't believe Shaun T worked my legs THAT HARD in only 25 minutes. No weights, just me and the TV/DVD player. I'm so in love with this new workout.

Because of the legs, I am switching workouts today and doing Ab Intervals, will do Total Body tomorrow. Now don't think just because it's an AB workout that I will be doing silly crunches for 25 minutes. Quite the opposite! THis is Shaun T, you do planks then get up and sprint, you do crunches, then get up and hop/squat, you do more planks, then get up and do jumping jacks!! IT's crazy he has cardio in EVERY workout! My legs are still doing to die today........LOL

Eating was good yesterday, did not go off plan. Made clouds last night which was not technically in my plan but I only had two (a whopping 1.5 carbs total maybe?). Fell asleep before I could splurge too much LOL. I didn't drink last night either, but tonight I would like to have some wine!!

I made a kick-ass ham salad last night too, which I had some of for breakfast. It's made from the leftover huge ham I baked last Friday night. Ham salad is the BEST when it's from a ham you cooked.

todays menu:
BRK - ham salad and 2 tomato slices
LCH - Salad with tom, onion, cuke, carrot, cheese and ham topped with ranch
SNK - turkey slices with grey poupon
DNR - sausage, cauliflower mash, cream cheese casserole with mixed california vegs stirred in (broc, carrot, and more cauli)
DRK - coff, water, wine
DST - maybe a few clouds

Lovin' my low carb eating :-) still avoiding the scale.....working my butt off EVERY DAY this week....it's all good!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #81

Lucky you being able to borrow that. I looked it up for the entire set it is $140 I'm not willing to spend that much right now. I may check Craigslist to see if I can find it used.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Eating was good yesterday, did not go off plan. Made clouds last night which was not technically in my plan but I only had two (a whopping 1.5 carbs total maybe?). Fell asleep before I could splurge too much LOL. I didn't drink last night either, but tonight I would like to have some wine!!
I think I will be having some WINE tonight too!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- I know those painful leg DOMS especially when walking down the stairs or sitting down on the potty, Ouch! I found taking Epsom salt baths and moving more (even thought is painful) the best remedy. I agree, it is a sweet pain
Old 08-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #84

How goes it today?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Monica- I KNOW it's so expensive :-( This program just came out a month or so ago and I was thinking it would be Xmas when I could afford to get it. I am very lucky to know people who know people!!!

Marika- Thanks for the tip. I moved a lot yesterday and then DH gave me incredible leg massages last night. I feel much better, but yes the stairs AND going potty are still issues I have to be aware of so I dont collapse!!!

So speaking of sore legs....Well Girl has put up a "Booty Challenge" for the month of August. Here's what I'll be doing each day:

Anyone else in on this?

OK so I can't lie--- I stepped on the scale this morning. I'm shocked to see that I really am up 5 pounds!!! 140 today. EEEEK. So I am going VLC today. I definitely gained over the weekend by my naughty splurges, but I bet the extra exercise is also bulking muscles up- not to mention the soreness usually is a sign of muscles holding onto water and such. I am continuing with my workouts- I will just drop a few carbs for today and tomorrow and then maybe Saturday I will have a nice number on the scale......

I just don't like seeing the number go up into the next bracket. My goal weight is 135 and I have done well hanging out here for almost a year. Seeing 137, 138, not a problem. So hopefully that's where I'll be come Saturday and then maybe....just maybe....I can have a clean eating weekend!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #86

I am going to check out that website!--thanks for posting it
Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessica- the meals looks so delicious!

Thanks for posting the link to review on T25. I see she also talks about Body Beast. Believe it or not I am starting Body Beast rotation today or tomorrow.

Hope you have a great and controlled weekend. You can do that!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #88

OH that looks GOOD!!!!!!!!!! Keep posting that yummy stuff!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

137.0 this morning.....making progress and have had a really clean day of eating. DH has a huge pork Butt smoking and I just made an evoo and sea salt garlic veggie medley (carrot squash and sweet onion). I hope to be as good tomorrow!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice scale drop, Jessica!

Have a wonderful Sunday sweetie