Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
We got some progress going......here are a few garden shots - check out the bounty coming in!!!!!

and...

This one has some seeds that haven't quite started yet hence the bare spots. Same with the "mound" we planted, the seeds aren't up yet so it doesn't look as cool....
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gosh I am so curious about what I weight right now, I feel LIGHTER!!! Why is that? I know I"m not....but maybe I am? It's definitely liberating not to weigh, but honestly I can't WAIT until Saturday morning to check in on where I"m at.

So goals are going good. Keeping carbies low this week, around 30 or less. I've already done insanity twice (once today) and I plan to workout with weights later with my BFF. Feeling pretty good! Hope that continues!

Check out my cute lunch:

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Old 06-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Jessica- glad to hear you are doing well. Your lunch looks so yummy. Is it an egg salad?
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Jessica- glad to hear you are doing well. Your lunch looks so yummy. Is it an egg salad?
Thanks Marika, yes it's egg salad. Mmmmmm. for some reason though I have to have it with green olives now. Not many, just a few, but it makes it so much better without adding carbs. I've been watching a lot of food network lately (mostly chopped) and I've begun to realize that I enjoy my meals so much more when they look pretty. LOL

So day 4 with no scale, I REALLY REALLY want to check. You don't know how BAD I want to know what's been going on. I think by not having the scale though has made me more strict and motivated to eat clean and get the exercise in. Bringing the carbs up a little today gonna shoot for 35 or so - tomorrow as well- and then Saturday morning is WEIGH time!! Gosh I hope my scale works....if it doesn't I can always go to my mom's. She lives just down the road and her scale is dead on with mine.

If I get a good number- hoping for 135 but will be happy within 2-3 pounds of that....then I'll up the carbs again for a few days and see if I can maintain for a week or so.

---there is always a catch though! Sunday I'm going to a RED SOX game. woohoo!!! Super stoked!!! Weather permitting of course.....But eating there is kinda tough. I've managed before to have fenway franks with no buns and lots of spicy mustard. Will probably opt for diet soda since we have to drive 3 hours home after the game. That will save me from alcohol carbs at least....Maybe I'll be able to get a bacon cheeseburger on a plate? Haven't tried ordering that at Fenway yet.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
OH I would imagine Fenway park is amazing! Enjoy!! Your egg salad looks awesome. We haven't had that in a long time. Maybe I should make some?? HMMMM

Good luck on Saturday!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

I love egg salad. I can eat it every day. I make my own mayo so the taste is really yumlicious

I am also addicted to my scale. But I need it to keep in in check

Have fun at the game!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Oh you will have lots of choices at the ball park ! Just throw out the buns! I don't know if I could resist the nachos though. Enjoy yourself!

Maybe if you weighed yourself before you go, it will help keep your choices in check. You are probably down some, since you feel lighter.

Enjoy !!!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #38

Have fun at the game SUNDAY! I can't wait to read all about it
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the visits!!!

I love egg salad too!!! And I can eat it alone just fine, DH thinks that's weird and must have it on a sandwich.....he's not 100% on the low carb wagon with me but he's being a good sport.

Marika - I've seen recipes for making mayo but I've never tried it. Is it easy? I'd love to some sort of flavor like chipotle or garlic mayo sometime. Mmmmmmm

So the weather is looking better for Sunday, looks like we WILL HAVE A GAME to see, yay!! DH suggested we get there earlier and have lunch somewhere outside the park before the game, there are tons of pubs and restaurants around - so much to choose from. So I might not even need to think about food at the park. I'll probaby have like steak and salad if we were to eat out. We'll see...money is kinda tight so gotta watch the expenses!!!

I still feel really good. Kinda drank a bit of wine last night, more than I had planned on so the day ended up even higher. Oh well. Life happens :-) That's probably a good reason not to weigh today and just see what Saturday brings. I think it will make it a full 7 days since I weighed last. Wow. Haven't done that since a no-weigh challenge I did months ago!! LOL!!!

I think it really is keeping me on track though.

Will do Insanity at lunch today for exercise. Would like to do more but I just won't have time. Maybe tonight I can do some Kettlebell stuff?

Not sure if I will be able to post over the weekend, my computer at home stinks so I only use my iPhone and it's hard to post to LCF with it. SOOO wish me luck on a good weigh-in tomorrow and a great sox game sunday!! Hope to report all sorts of good stuff on Monday!!

Does anyone know of an app that works with LCF that might make it easier?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Jessica- making mayo is super easy. I use stick blender and the cleanup is a breeze. I make it in tall glass container so that I don't have to move the mayo to another container. Cover and keep in the fridge. This is how I make it:
2 egg yolks, 1 tsp prepared mustard, 1-2 tsp lemon juice, salt, rice bran oil (you can use any mild tasting oil that you like). I don't measure the oil just pour it till the mayo thickens.
All the ingredients have to be at room temp otherwise the mayo will not thicken.
Sometimes when the mayo is ready I add minced garlic, chopped dill and more lemon juice and use this on fish

Good luck on the good weigh-in tomorrow. Have a blast at the game. Don't worry about the food just have fun and you can get back to clean eating on Monday. If you can stick to steak and salad you should good

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 06-07-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Definitely going to try that mayo! I don't have a stick blender thingy though, I could probably get one from wally world. Will be checking into that!!!

The Sox game was awesome! The weather was super nice and we won. I got to see 4 home runs, including one by my fave David Ortiz :-) A great game!! I ate really well too....even having a sausage with onions and peppers and spicy mustard but no bun. I did have a few slips later in the day on the drive home. A coffee frappe thingy that was probably like 30+ carbs, I didn't drink even half of it so not too bad. I als had some of DH's fries. Not bad.

Scale on Saturday was 136.6 I didn't complain! This morning it's 137.0 so I definitely went up a bit on Sunday but not much. I'm pretty satisfied with that. I bet after a nice couple of clean days I'll be back around 135 by this Saturday with no problem.

I hope so anyway!!! Got some great workouts in yesterday, I did Tummy Tuck and Bum Bum from Brazil Butt Lift. Almost an hour of exercise!! And today I'm doing Insanity on my lunch break (in just a few minutes).

I'll post pics from the game later--- gotta get to lunch!!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time with no damage on the scale.

I have the Brazil Butt Lift set for 2 years but have not done any workout yet. I am really slacking in my exercise department. Thanks goodness, I at least do some walking daily.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Your game day sounds like it was bunches of fun! I wish I was at your weight! I would feel like I was 30 again !!!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Marika-- you should totally check out Brazil Butt Lift. It's not all about the bum either, I LOVE the Tummy Tuck workout. It's less than 20 minutes and is a great Ab workout. Highly recommend it if you're looking for something quick and effective......

Hi Susan-- aww thanks! You'll get there! You are so close :-) the 140's are right around the corner :-)

So scale still at 137.0 on the dot. I went a little overboard with the eating last night, and didn't realize it until this morning that I was over 50 carbs for the day! EEK!! So glad I did that Insanity workout otherwise I'm certain I'd be up a bit. Let's see, last night I had too many blueberries, too much peanut butter, too much wine, and then a couple spoons of gooseberry jam!! What was I thinking???!?!!!!!

Well- I kinda know what I was thinking, DH made brownies! Grrrrrr...I told him it was fine, he and the kids should have them. But I snacked on every legal item I could get my hands on to avoid a brownie bite which I think ended up equaling almost a whole brownie anyway.

Oh well, that's history now. All I can do is make today a better day!!!

Todays Menu:
BRK - leftover steak with butter and garlic
LCH - chef salad
SNK - pepperoni slices
DNR - chicken thighs with a side of brussel sprouts (maybe)
DRK - coffee and water

Tonight my son has a pre-school "moving up" ceremony - super excited for him. Last day of his first year of school. Wow they are right when they say time goes by fast.

No exercise today, sore from the past two days of workouts....going to take a day off. Maybe two? Might wait until Friday to exercise again.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #45

Time does go by very quickly! My BABIES are starting High School and Middle School in August. Seems like just yesterday when they were in Kindergarten!!!!!

Sometimes we over compensate with eating when we don't allow ourselves what we really want. Still, if your carbs weren't sugar, that may have helped.....
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Yeah that is certainly a problem for me....over-eating! Yes it may be all legal items but that doesn't mean I can eat as much as humanly possible.

Well the scale is up a pound today, I was such a good girl yesterday so I'm slightly bummed. I've decided to have a super low carb day today, you could almost call it a meat & egg fast day since that's basically my menu. I might try it again tomorrow because we are camping with friends and my hubby is smoking a huge beef brisket while another friend is grilling fish. I'll have good tasty options (just avoid the macaroni salads!).

I also plan to exercise today at lunch and maybe tomorrow I can get something in before we leave for camping. Grammy is picking up the kids so it depends when that happens I guess.

todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg + pad of brummel brown butter
LCH - can of tuna with mayo (and a spoonful of hot peppers mixed in)
SNK - 2 slices of boiled ham
DNR - hot dogs or Kielbasa, both with mustard
DRK - cof (ok so I DID have coffee...), tonight will likely have a couple vodka seltzers too.

tomorrows menu:
BRK - atkins bar (yeah I know, not M or E, but I will want the fiber)
LCH - egg salad by the spoonful Mmmmmmm
SNK - pepperoni
DNR - beef and fish
DRK - coff and likely wine tomorrow night, gotta get my groove on. Camping with NO KIDS and good friends!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Jessica- I found M & E working great. I recently did it for 3 days and lost 3 lbs. I think I should do it every so often to shake things up.

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Awwwwww! Pre-K moving up ! I would definitely cry watching that! I'm such a softy......

Weekend without kids!!! That's awesome! Have a great time!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! We did have a good time, but it was only ONE night without the kids. I could have used two because we were up really late!!!!
This weekend I am flying to Denver for a trade show and have to be without them for 4 nights! I'm freaking out about it!!

I ate pretty good this past weekend, I managed to MAINTAIN. Wow, that's probably the second time this year I made it through a weekend without gaining. It's not that great when you are trying to lose, but staying the same is still better than going UP which is my usual Monday complaint.

Garden doing great- had my first food from it today, the butter crisp lettuce is ready and tastes SO AWESOME!!! Had some with chicken salad earlier, and then some with egg salad this afternoon. Mmmmmm

It tastes good plain! Who would've thought lettuce could be so tasty on it's own?

A friend just gave us 6 little brussel Sprout plants, super excited for these (they won't be ready until October!) ....they are looking good though - planted in the center below pic. Notice the red leaf lettuce is about done already, gonna have to plant me some more lettuce so I'll have some when the tomatoes and onions are ready later!!

so aside from the lettuce I've eaten only meat and eggs today. I had a lot of veggies over the weekend that I hadn't planned on. Good to know I could handle all those carbies without gaining, but YES I still want to get to 135....hanging around 137 is not where I want to be. I know TWO pounds you say? No big deal right? I wish I could feel that way. I'm awfully hard on myself. Anyway, would be nice to be there before I fly to Denver so weight issues aren't on my mind the entire trip. Ugh.

Last edited by Sicca; 06-17-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmm...love butter lettuce and brussel sprouts
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Checked the scale yesterday and it was at 136.6....SLOOOOOWLY creeping back down. I had some extra veggies last night so was afraid to weigh this morning. I also worked out yesterday AND did some Ab work last night. Topped off with 2 vodka/seltzer drinks I am certainly up. BUT clean day today planned!!!!

WAS Going to up the carbies a bit-but then yesterday was too high- probably close to 35, but I had intended for 25 or so....today I am shooting back down to the 25-ish level

todays menu:
BRK - 3/4 cup egg salad with 4 green olives on some butter crisp lettuce = 2
LCH - can of crab meat mixed with mayo and crushed hot peppers on lettuce = 3
SNK - ham roll ups dipped in ranch = 4
DNR - sausage, cauliflower, crm cheese casserole (with a bit of broc stirred in) = 8
DRK - coff = 8

Goals for today-- NO Alcohol, Lots of Water, and do not eat anything that is NOT in the above list. I MIGHT make my peanut butter cups (see fat bomb thread - What are fat bombs?)

Not sure though, that's if I REALLY crave something later......If I don't have the time then I'll have an atkins bar, I have ONE left!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Scale still the same. Would be nice to have whooosh for tomorrow when I fly out to Denver. I'm being a super good girl today and sticking to plan!!!!

No exercise, but tomorrow after we set up the booth (which is exercise itself!) I will go to the hotel gym and get a workout in, then I will go to the outdoor pool. I can't wait!!!!!
No kids or DH to cramp my schedule or eating, hee hee....not that I wont' miss them, because I TOTALLY WILL LIKE CRAZY. I just have to look at the bright side.

Not sure if I will check in this weekend or not, I only have my iPhone for internet so we'll see. It's not easy to type and read on that thing!

Denver here I come......

Old 06-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great trip, Jessica!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Hi Jessica,

I came across some of your fantastic food shots on the food porn area I believe and was drawn to check out your journal. You are doing great! I love some of your food ideas. I just quickly looked at some. I have just decided to restart low carb. Was down to 158 in Dec but at 170 now so I have to get refocussed so decided to come back here and recheck out some recipes and success stories. I'll be back for more ideas. Love your garden!

~ Kristan

From Boston
cookwithme65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Have a great trip, Jessica!
Aww thanks! Overall it went pretty well :-) SO happy to be home though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookwithme65 View Post
Hi Jessica,

I came across some of your fantastic food shots on the food porn area I believe and was drawn to check out your journal. You are doing great! I love some of your food ideas. I just quickly looked at some. I have just decided to restart low carb. Was down to 158 in Dec but at 170 now so I have to get refocussed so decided to come back here and recheck out some recipes and success stories. I'll be back for more ideas. Love your garden!

~ Kristan

From Boston

Hey Kristan, thanks for stopping by!! I LOVE BOSTON!!!! Bummer about the Bruins, I'm not much into hockey but would have been nice to have a new trophy for the town.

Thanks!! I love posting about good food that I come across, that's one of the hardest things about eating "differently" from the rest of my family (and friends, etc..) is having good healthy options that they might like too- and stuff I can have again and again. I'm in this for the long haul.....so stay tuned! Maintaining the weight loss is just as hard as losing it, sometimes I feel like it is even harder. Gotta stay on your game!! BEST of luck on your journey, you can do this!!!

SO back from Denver, extremely tired. Red-eye flights suck. I basically slept like crap the ENTIRE time I was gone too. Last night was like heaven climbing into my bed. I slept awesome, and lucky for me the kids did too. Oh how I missed them!!!

Weight was good, pretty much unchanged. I thought I indulged a bit while there (there were many instances where like at the convention there was free coffee served but no good SF options or heavy cream so just used a lot of 1/2 and 1/2 and a wee bit of real sugar). Also eating out you really have no idea the sugar content of anything, I made the best choices possible while not sacrificing flavor and I must have done something right.

I have to admit, it is SO MUCH easier to fly these days while eating low carb. Years ago selections were very limited. I came across this stand that had nutrition info on all their stuff at the Newark airport, and they had meat salads - like chicken and tuna, as well as egg salad, pre-packed and ready to buy. Cheeses, nuts, fruit, lots of great choices. I opted for a curry chicken salad (I didn't eat the raisins) and a dish of tomato, mozz balls, and basil with olive oil. Super yummy!!! I drank SO MUCH water I was a really good girl.

So back to business. Scale is at 136.8 - have NOT exercised since last Tuesday. I am however SICK. Totally congested and a bit of a cough and sore throat. Probably from shaking hands with too many peeps at the trade show, OR the airport (not shaking hands there though, just general exposure to germs from everywhere) LOL....

I am going take the rest of the week off from exercise to try and shake this cold. Last year I pushed thru Insanity workouts while sick and I ended up with Pneumonia. DON'T WANT THAT AGAIN!!! Totally not worth it.

Last edited by Sicca; 06-26-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Jessica- Welcome back! It is nice that you did got gain any weight while away. I usually find it very challenging to eat out even on low carb, as I don't eat every thing. I usually have to bring little cooler with me when I travel.
Sorry to hear about the cold. Travel and luck for sleep does it to me as well. Stay well!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!! I'm feeling a bit better- although not 100%. I had planned on doing the Insanity workout today at lunch. Then on the way home I had this huge coughing fit and all sorts of yukky stuff came up. SOOOOOO since I had pneumonia last year I am not taking any chances. No huffing and puffing until my lungs are clear.

I should just avoid cardio for another week at least and stick to weights. A friend posted this on my site and I started following it. I wonder if I can stick with it all month. It seems pretty easy....just arm stuff. Baby steps here......

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...63053891_n.jpg

Okay heres the bad part- I caved this weekend. Too much ice cream, popcorn, and tempura vegetables. WAY too much. I'm disappointed with myself, I just splurged like crazy, I had BEEN SO GOOD. I don't know what came over me. What I DO know is that I am not going to even look at the scale for a couple days and give myself today and tomorrow to sort of clean up. Lots of water and very few carbs. That's my plan.

Breakfast was 2 cheese sticks, Lunch today was chicken, mayo, and hot peppers. Snack is ham and cream cheese roll ups, and Dinner tonight is steak fried in butter topped with some fresh parm. With my coffee added in I am about 15 carbs for the day.

My mantra-- stick to plan, stick to plan, stick to plan

Hopefully Wednesday shows a number that is at least within a couple pounds of where I should be. Crossing my fingers is not going to make that happen, I need to shut my mouth....LOL...literally!!!

Last edited by Sicca; 07-01-2013 at 11:30 AM..
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Let's both stick to the plan. I wish I did not step on the scale this morning, but at least I know how much damage was done. We can do it, GF!!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I'm seriously thinking about a real M&E fast soon. But I want to be prepared, like make a couple crustless quiches and egg "muffins" ahead of time, boil some eggs, and have lots of ready to eat meat as well as ready to cook "with little effort" meat. This week is too crazy, but if I get my act together I could be ready for next week. I'd like to do it Mon-Fri that would be easiest for me. Then back to LC eating for the weekend and after. I'm pretty sure I can commit to 5 days. I did the whole paleo for 14 days, I even went without coffee!

Ok something to consider, had to get it out there. If I don't write it down I won't be real about it. BUT We'll see!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

OK this week is not going to be a good time to start M&E. However I'm doing super low carb and am pretty close to it!!! I just wasn't prepared, and we have an appraiser coming sometime this week so all my spare time is taken up by getting the house ready.

Had a great 5 days off from work, I did not weigh but I know the scale is up. I was 139 last wednesday, I bet i'm up over 140 today. Oh well not checking until Wednesday and then I know where I'll be at.

Todays menu will be light:
BRK - skipped, not hungry
LCH- Tuna salad (with hot peppers & mustard stirred in) = 2
SNK - Cukes with ranch = 4
DNR - cheeseburger with tomato, onion, lettuce = 5
DRK - coffee and water = 5

Under 20, that's my goal for the next 3 days. Then I'll up to 25 leading into the weekend.

Will have to wait to get back into the exercise routine until the appraisal is done. Just don't have the time for it right now. UGH!!!