zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Thanks for all the visits!!! Darn tummy bug got me down Sunday - Tuesday.....good news is my eating has been VERY light, but that's about the only good out of it! Lacking exercise big time......*sigh*

Feeling better though. Glad it's over...

Susan--- oh no!! NO MORE MICHAEL BOLTON COMMERCIALS!!! (there is actually a facebook page dedicated to all the haters that has some really funny jokes about these commercials)

A couple things to report on--

Paleo Chili came out awesome, I made a few tweeks of my own like using canned tomatoes and sauces that were less sugary (oragnic kinds, etc..) and I combined beef with sausage...I also didn't add any cayenne (it was pretty spicy enough without it). But I LOVE LOVE LOVE having all the veggies in it:

Carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes, onion, Mmmmmmm
It made a TON of chili, I topped ours with cheese, we'll be eating this for the next 2 weeks!! LOL

Another success, Paleo pancakes, HIGHLY recommend!! Bananas are a little high on the carby side, but I seem to handle them oK. Here's my little photo shoot thingy I made on it, I was really impressed with this creation:

These come out almost like crepes and remind me of what my Grampa Belanger used to make me as a kid. I think I'll try rolling them up in cream cheese and topping with berries as a nice breakfast treat. One stuffed pancake would probably be a good enough portion as a breakfast for me - or a snack. However if just eating them as pancakes you won't even need syrup, they are so GOOD all on their own!!!!

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hah! I'll need to check out that FB page!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
SOrry you were feeling ill girl! Nothing NOTHING is worse than the tummy bug! It runs like wildfire through a house too! Glad you are back amoung the living!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Made these yummy buggers again:

Peanut butter (I use all natural and it works just fine) heated in the micro for a little bit and then mixed with a little splenda and heavy cream, poured into a greased ice cube tray. Hershey's all natural unsweeteened cocoa power melted with butter and splenda and poured on top. Then into the freezer for at least an hour......

My version of buck-eye's, and they are AWESOME. THese saved me from eating my kids chocolate last night!! THey got some early valentine's yesterday due to school closings today.

Friday weigh-in not so bad, 136.8
DH wants to go for sushi tonight so I have planned a day of good low carb goods so I can indulge in a little sushi later...MMmmmmm

We've got about 18" of fresh snow, I made it work yay!! I did get stuck in our driveway but after about 40 minutes of shoveling I got my car out :-) Kids are safely at daycare, and grammy is picking them up later so DH and I can have the night to ourselves!!!

Yesterdays meals:
BRK - cauliflower, creamcheese, sausage casserole
LCH - Chili
SNK- pecans
DNR - cheeseburger salad

Todays Meals:
BRK - Salami slices
LCH - leftover chicken thighs and brussel sprouts
SNK - leftover broccoli and ham alfredo
DNR - sushi
DRK - coff, coke zero (thanks to my 3yo daughter waking me up at 4:30am today) maybe wine later....

Happy Valenintes Day to everyone.....instead of candy my 4yo son wanted to give all his classmates dinosaurs, so we made these:

*used pipe cleaner pieces to tie on the little dinosaurs, and he wrote his name on every single card - like 34 total!!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #276

Love the valentine! Sounds like you have done well. How was Dinner?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Nice weekend, I had some downfalls.....of course. Here are the highlights and lowlights:

Valentine's Dinner- no sushi :-( The place was PACKED! SO we went to the weathervane and I had Lobster w/herbed butter veggies :-) My only indulgence was some deep friend shrimp and onions for appetizers. Not all that bad.

Sunday Birthday Party-- for a 3 year old at a friends house. This is where I failed, I made cupcakes to bring...Unfortunately I also ate 3 of them!!! What was I thinking? I guess it had been a long time for me, because they tasted SO GOOD, I mean LOOK AT THEM--

No wonder I failed....BUT that's over!! I are great Monday but was still recovering from this wicked sweet tooth craving, so I experimented with cream cheese, butter, and sugar free jello (strawberry) and this is what I came up with, a VERY tasty and super low carb version of clouds (I also added 2 tbs of natural peanut butter to give it some oomph):

These are saving my life this week. LOL.....Oh and on Monday I did Focus T25 Ab intervals and then went show-shoeing for an hour out behind my house. I built a sweet trail to snow tube down with the kids this weekend:

Ok so tossing around the idea of a Whole30 March paleo challenge. Need to think about what I should stock up on first, what else I might have going on that month (I think it's a pretty quiet time for me, no travel planned yet). I've done this for 2 weeks in the past (last May) I would like to step it up and go longer this time. Do you think I can go a whole month without coffee? I might try!!!! I definitely will stop drinking vodka and stick to wine as minimally as possible.

todays Meals:
Brk - 2 eggs and 2oz cheddar scrambled together
LCH - tuna & mayo on Spinach
Snk - venison beef stick
Dnr - zucchini Lasagna (yeah that's right!!! YUMMY!!) with a side garden salad
Drk - coff, water, 5 hr energy

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow!!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #278

OH girl, you and I are so similar! Wine/Vodka are my go to adult beverages! Love the tubing trail you made. I am sure the kids will lvoe it!

I love Zucc lasagna, in mine, I also add a layer of spinach!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Ohh spinach not a bad idea to bulk it up a bit!! I'll try that next time!
But Holy Mother of YUMMY-ness....It must have been a really long time since I had a lasagna type meal, because last night's dinner was AH-MAZING!!

Zucchini Lasagna:

I LOOSELY followed this recipe -http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html
But I used about 6 average sized squash and zucchini's, sliced them in long 1/8" thick slabs. I used 1lb of sausage browned and crumbled (instead of beef), 1 tub of ricotta mixed with an egg, some tomato sauce (I use hunts garlic and herb, it's VERY low in sugar) and of course Mozzarella!!! Layer Layer Layer.....with a side garden salad. It came out pretty awesome!! To cut down on the water I salted the zucc & squash strips and let them sit for a bit before layering in the pan, dabbed with a paper towel...seemed to work well, it wasn't that watery.

No exercise since Monday, Ugh!! I should get some good exercise this weekend- if the rain holds off we'll be going to TWO sledding parties not to mention trying out our own trail.

Tomorrow I have to drive for 3 hours to Stockbridge, Mass for a meeting with a book buyer. I'll pack some clean snacks for the trip!!! However I won't be checking in....
Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Wow that looks awesome Jessica! I tried to make skinnytaste version and it bombed! LoL i couldn't get teh zucchini to 1/8 thick slabs. It tasted good but looked like mush.
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmich6 View Post
Wow that looks awesome Jessica! I tried to make skinnytaste version and it bombed! LoL i couldn't get teh zucchini to 1/8 thick slabs. It tasted good but looked like mush.
I was afraid of that too! I did not pre-cook the zucc slices like in the recipe - I thought it would just overcook them too much, wanted to avoid that mush. It seemed to work well, I used a knife to slice the zucchini with, the potato peeler wasn't going to make them thick enough. I think that's key. Mine came out layered perfectly and was easy to slice through. Just right, I cooked it for 45 min at 350 and then 15 more minutes at 375 to brown the cheese on top and get it really bubbly. I also wasn't that generous with the sauce....

Keep working on it, it's too tasty of a meal to not try again! LOL!!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Your lasagna looks delicious. Thanks for the prep tips. I'm going to have to gather my courage and try this
Have a great day.
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #283

In our lasagna with zucc/spinach, we shred the zucc and wring it out the best we can. Try to get as much of the moisture out of it as possible. We do layers of meat/sauce, cottage cheese, zucc, spinach, repeat, then cover with whatever shredded cheese you prefer. We typically do mozz and parm!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #284

Have a great meeting and wonderful weekend!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #285
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellytoddbran
love your journal, and your suggestions, I love the suggestions on food. Just finished a nice big pan of Un-rolled cabbage rolls. all in one pan, love the cabbage, beef, and tomatos !! amazing. family loves it tooooo
kellytoddbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Your lasagna looks delicious. Thanks for the prep tips. I'm going to have to gather my courage and try this
Have a great day.
Any lasagna with pasta or not is a project in my eyes!! Try making it in the afternoon when you have more time. Honestly the leftovers were better than the slices fresh out of the oven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
In our lasagna with zucc/spinach, we shred the zucc and wring it out the best we can. Try to get as much of the moisture out of it as possible. We do layers of meat/sauce, cottage cheese, zucc, spinach, repeat, then cover with whatever shredded cheese you prefer. We typically do mozz and parm!
Oh that sounds like a great idea!! Although having the zucc in the flat strips really did cover the noodle like layering consistency needed for a traditional lasagna, but I would definitely mix it up, sounds like a great texture and with spinach too! Mmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellytoddbran View Post
love your journal, and your suggestions, I love the suggestions on food. Just finished a nice big pan of Un-rolled cabbage rolls. all in one pan, love the cabbage, beef, and tomatos !! amazing. family loves it tooooo
Aww thanks for the visit! Makes me happy that people enjoy my ramblings on food. I LOVE CABBAGE!!! Unfortunatley DH does not, your dish sounds like a perfect Paleo meal though, maybe DH would like it with the other goodies?

OK so Quick check in today, plan to do a workout at lunch just not sure which one I want to do.

We're considering getting piglets to raise this year! All four of us LOVE pork in almost any form (not just bacon). If not this year I bet we'll be doing it next year, the Chickens have worked out very well. We're STILL getting 8 - 10 eggs a day!!! Yup, even in the winter....we have some very lovely laying ladies.

todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg, 1/2 avocado
LCH - cheeseburger on salad with mayo, mustard and a small drizzle of ketchup. Side of 2 baby dills
SNK - Salami wrapped string cheese x 2
DNR - baked chicken thighs with sauteed brussel sprouts
DRK - coff, water

Still contemplating going Paleo for March....I had a paleo breakfast today, and my dinner is paleo too, gotta work on cutting that cheese and eliminating the coffee thing!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Ok I think I'm ready to do this--- 30 days of Paleo. I'll give it my best :-) I've been practicing some more. Paleo breakfast yesterday was a poached egg with avocado and ham slices, lunch was spinach with turkey, olives, tomatoes and banana peppers in newmans olive oil and vinegar dressing. These are great little meals, I can do this.

DH also has a lot of deer meat left in the freezer, you can't get more primal than that. I'm going to make ahead a few things with that plus many many egg dishes because we get so many eggs from our chickens :-)

Todays menu:
BRK - 1 egg poached with 1/2 avocado and ham slices
LCH - leftover chicken thigh with brussel sprouts
SNK - venison meat stick
DNR - cheddar-wurst (definitely NOT paleo! LOL) and steamed broccoli
DRK - coffee with fake creamer that I won't be drinking for a month!!! maybe a vodka seltzer or two tonight.

It's a very low carb menu, I should plug all this in as I might need to add some more stuff. I plan to work out at lunch today, yesterday I did Insanity fast & furious and my face was red for over an hour after I got back to work!!! Man that workout kicks my BEHIND! Today I was thinking of a lower body workout......
Old 02-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #288

So what in Paleo do you have to elminate comparing it with LC??? Interesting about the chickens. I have to ask, do the eggs taste the same???
Old 02-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
So what in Paleo do you have to elminate comparing it with LC??? Interesting about the chickens. I have to ask, do the eggs taste the same???
Oh Monica the fresh eggs taste so much better!! The yolks are darker too, you can really tell the difference. So Paleo is mostly low carb foods, minus a few fruits and good carb items like sweet potaotes--- however there is no dairy, artificial sweeteners (no splenda or vanilla flavored coffee creamer for me!), or processed foods are allowed. The meat and veggies you do eat should be organic or from grass-fed sources, that's TOUGH on a tight budget, but I'll do my best. SO That's the base of it, but even legumes (think beans and peanut butter) are not allowed because the processing they have to go through.

Ok so here we go - I'm officially going to call it a PALEO CHALLENGE for the month of March. My GOAL in all of this is not to lose weight but it's to feel better and work on cutting back on those nasty bad habits of using so many artificial sweeteners and WAY too much cheese. Starting to think about "prepping" since tomorrow is DAY 1, I've started a list of what I need to do this weekend to make it through next week:

1. Boil a bunch of eggs - It's been a while since I've snacked on hard-boiled eggs. I miss them and they are a great little snack with even just a pinch of sea salt.
2. Make chipotle & Bacon flavored Mayo - this will go great as dips for veggies, dressings for salads, or mixed into meats to make chicken salad, or even on my eggs
3. Thaw several packs of Venison - we have a bunch left in the freezer from DH's deer last fall. I'm going to slice a bunch really thin and just saute it in coconut oil so it's ready to go on salads or with cooked veggies or even eaten plain
4. Make crustless quiche muffins - using my eggs, coconut cream, spinach, artichokes and FETA, pouring into a muffin tin, breakfast for next week!
5. Go shopping!! Tomorrow morning I'm getting more almond flour, some coconut and almond milk, coconut Cream, (all set on oil for the moment) and almond butter.

Other things I will be shopping for to stock up on:
Romaine lettuce (for wraps)
spinach
kale - for chips
Turkey!! Lots of turkey!!
tomatoes
Avocado
onion
cucumbers
celery
whole chicken
berries
apples
walnuts
sunflower seeds
newmans olive oil & vinegar dressing
garlic
olives
wine

I think I'm ready for this! I already have some raw honey that I will use in moderation - and I even have maple syrup from my family's sugarhouse - from 2 season ago! LOL!! We also have a huge amount of Pike (from when DH went ice-fishing in Lake Champlain a few weeks ago) that I will fry up with almond flour, Mmmmmm Not to mention we're ALL set on eggs.

Todays weight is 135.2
Todays workout is a half hour snow-shoe at lunch
(around the fields down at the school with some co-workers!! Very nice way to spend my last free lunch since school starts next week!)

Happy Friday!! Tonight some friends are coming up and we're having a little fish fry, I'll drink vodka for the last time but I got sweet taters AND regular taters for fries, so I'll be eating the baked sweet fries with my fishies ))) Here we gooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

OK so I'm on DAY THREE of the paleo challenge and it's going very well. I may have gone a little overboard this weekend with fruit, I ate a whole apple on Saturday!! It was so good, I'm not counting carbs or calories but I am tracking......just to see what I can handle. I'll probably weigh tomorrow to see how things are going.

Great breakfast yesterday, we had over-easy eggs with some local bacon!!! Strawberries and a cup of almond/coconut milk to wash it down. It was actually really satisfying.

I am starting to really like almond milk. I bought a carton of it that is a blend with coconut milk, it's only like 2g. carbs per CUP. It's unsweetened and unflavored (no vanilla crap) and the nutty after taste is really staying with me.....MMmmmmmmmm I might be able to have that in my coffee?

This mornings breakfast are 2 quiche muffins - I made 6 yesterday, eggs, coconut cream, sea salt, fresh spinach, tomato, onion, and some feta. Greased muffin and baked at 350 for about half an hour:

Todays lunch is leftover turkey on spinach with almond slivers and artichoke hearts sprinkled with goat romano an Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing (paleo friendly!)
Snack will be a hard-boiled egg, dinner tonight is chicken salad with homemade mayo, celery, and apples!!! YUM!! And IF I need it I will have some blueberries on top of a spoon or two of almond butter with maybe a touch of coconut cream on top.

What I found with the coconut cream is that when I get the can from the store the best thing to do is open it up and put it all in a mason glass jar and then store it in the fridge. This way I can dip into it as needed, and I can SEE the cream versus the water so can grab whichever it is that I need (mostly it's been the cream HA HA).

I got some great asparagus on sale this week and a HUGE ham steak. Gonna try my best at a homemade paleo hollandaise sauce this week-

Paleo Coconut Oil Hollandaise Sauce

AUTHOR: Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Ingredients:

3 tablespoons coconut oil, heated to about 95 degrees F
2 med egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Instructions:

Fill a blender with boiling water and cover with the lid. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Thoroughly dry the blender, then blend the egg yolks and lemon juice.
With the blender on low, slowly pour in the hot coconut oil in a steady stream.
Season with salt and paprika, then pulse a few times to combine.
Serve immediately over eggs benedict, asparagus, salmon, or as a dipping sauce for artichokes.

OK so about the fish fry, we made this using a whole bunch of Pike that DH caught ice-fishing a few weeks ago up on Lake Champlain. We cut the Pike up into bite sized chunks, rolled it in coconut flour, then dipped in egg, then rolled in a mix of almond flour, flax meal, and garlic pepper ---- deep fried in sunflower oil (not entirely paleo but better and way more accepted than the peanut oil we normally fill our fryer with). The RESULT was this:

The BEST fish nuggets I've EVER had. I LOVE the nutty flavor of the almond....I think I"m addicted too!!

So all in all I would say things are going very well eating-wise. This morning I attempted to have a cup of tea because I wanted something WARM. I did not put anything in it and I had Chai Green made by "Yogi" it was very flavorful, with the spices and all....but without cream and a sweetener, it DID not do the trick. I only drank half the cup, I really wish I liked tea more. *pouts*

On the exercise front-- tonight it's a date with my kettlebells
Old 03-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #291

Sounds like you have a plan girl! Those fish nuggets look great. I LOVE FISH!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Day 4 of the Paleo challenge and going strong! Happy FAT Tuesday! I'm going to celebrate by eating FAT haa haa!! No really todays menu is not that exciting, full of leftovers:

BRK - Egg muffins x2 (see above)
LCH - chicken salad (chicken, apples, celery, s&p, and homemade mayo)
SNK - 1/2 avocado with 1 boiled egg and a spoon of mayo (mixed together)
DNR - spaghetti squash with meatballs and organic tomato sauce
DRK - chai green tea with a little almond milk and honey -- actually this tastes VERY good!!!

So here is my homemade mayo from last night, I added a little extra dijon mustard to it so it's more like a creamy mayo dijon. It came out very well :-)

Checked my weight and I am a little surprised to be up, 138.2 just gotta keep an eye on things....My normal check day is Friday so I'll wait until then to see if I am still on track. I also did NOT get to my kettlebells last night! DH went to poker so it was just me with the kids and after all the cooking and clean up and bedtime routines I was so tired....I fell asleep around 9pm Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #293

Enjoy your day girl!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Monica!

So yesterday was another successful day of Paleo. I'm surprised that I don't have any cheats to report actually. Here it is day 5 and I'm doing very well!! Last night I made spaghetti squash but the rest of the family had regular noodles with squash mixed in. I didn't even taste test their buttery warm noodles---- I made DH do it!! And then the few times last night I went to the fridge to stare - looking for something, anything, to just nibble on.....I noticed my glass jar of coconut milk. I had removed most of the thick parts to make whipped cream with the other night (another story, guess you need SEVERAL cans to make a decent sized batch!). Anyway, I took a few sips. Wow, thick and delicious!! I did it again later....it's an interesting texture because of the cream/fat pieces floating around but it's VERY VERY good. I will probably do that more often......

My spaghetti squash:

And then my lovely snack for today, chicken salad wrapped in romaine:

*Chicken, Apples, Celery, homemade Dijon Mayo, salt & pepper

Tonight for dinner it's a WHOLE baked chicken with sauteed green beans and mashed carrots No subs for the family, they are going to eat the same thing whether they like it or not, LOL!!!

Exercise - Bad. Didn't get to do anything yesterday either. Ugh!!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #295

OH that looks amazing! Love that! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

SO happy friday, it's Day 7 of my Paleo challenge and I'm going strong. Last night I made paleo friendly hollandaise in a blender to put on our asaparaugs and ham. It was really good-- Next time I will go lighter on the lemon juice as it was a bit tangy, I like it more buttery/creamy....

Yummy Dinner!!!! And then I got some venison thawed and cut up - it's marinating now for tonight's Asian beef & Broccoli stir-fry that I am making (for the first time!). It's made with coconut oil, ginger, honey, red wine vinegar, sea salt, and some cream of tarter (as a thickener I guess?)- with carrots, broccoli, sweet onion, and of course venison strips on riced cauliflower. I am going to toss the riced cauliflower in a skillet with some coconut oil and just a touch of soy sauce (I realize isn't exactly paleo but I'm using VERY little). I hope it all comes out OK,. the meat is marinating now:

Can't wait!!!

Breakfast was my last paleo strawberry muffin, I WILL BE making more of those this weekend! Lunch will be pork salad wrapped in romaine and I'll have a boiled egg with avocado and a little homemade mayo later as a snack.

Weight today is 136.0 on the dot. Not complaining!!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #297

LOOK AT YOU GO GIRL! You are doing great. Food looks really yummy too!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
Jessica, your food creations look scrumptious!!! Looks like you are enjoying paleo.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #299

How was your weekend girl?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the visits!! Weekend was good, lots going on....was interesting eating out while doing Paleo. I think I ask WAY too many questions but our server was super cool and understanding.

I forgot last week to post a pic of my Asian venison stir fry WHILE it was cooking:

Ummm, Yes please

Weekend was good, I have to admit--- because no one else around me cares - that I did have 2 small cheats. The first one was breaded shrimp. DH got some and I tried a bite of one, it was so crispy and tender, and awesome...I had a second bite. But that was it!! I was eating sirloin tips with onions and mushroom buttons which was VERY good (we went out to eat Saturday night) so I think that's not so bad. My second cheat was shopping yesterday with my son. DH and I stayed up WAY too late Saturday night and I was starting to feel super tired while at the grocery store. We still had a 30 minute drive to go and one more store to stop at. I bought a 5-hour energy......I figured that was better than an entire diet coke!!! Because its' really on just a shot....

Seeing as how I am on Day 10 of a 30 day Paleo Challenge I think I'm doing GREAT!!! Breakfast this morning using leftover ham, and homemade hollandaise, which is AWESOME by the way:

So for todays meals:

BRK - 1 egg, ham steak, hollandaise
LCH - leftover sweet potato venison shepard pie
SNK- goat cheese celery sticks
DNR - leftover venison stir fry
DRK - chai green tea with honey, water

Pretty excited to find some good deals this weekend:

Yeah and my favorite milk too--- I don't get the vanilla one, just the plain coconut/almond blend Unsweetened - it's AWESOME and a half gallon was only $3.00!!!

Oh and of course I have to show off our shepards pie from last night, DH and I met eachother in the middle, literally!!! No cream corn on my side (peas instead) and NO white potatoes....I used sweet.....and of course the bottom later is venison from a friends deer- they can their meat so it's VERY tender and perfect for dishes like this:

I called it "His & Hers Shepards Pie"

Last edited by Sicca; 03-10-2014 at 07:25 AM..