Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosealenephoto
Stats: 216.8/214.2/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: May 5, 2013
My journey begins...

Hello all. My name is Rose.
I began my weight loss journey yesterday. I have done SB/Adkins before with success... but like many moms out there, with babies comes weight. I have 4 children- 15, 11, 4 and almost 5 months old. I nurse my babies and with that always comes A LOT of weight. I don't know if I eat more, or if my body just goes into some sort of metabolistic freeze. I delivered my newest baby, Kimber at 207 pounds. She weighed 8 lbs, and then a few months in I found myself at nearly 220. With moderate dieting I was able to get down to 215, and then started Adkins yesterday. I know there is some controversy with Adkins and breast feeding, so I am going to monitor things as well as possible. My daughter is almost 5 months and just under 19 pounds, so if my milk isn't "high in fat" I'm assuming she will be ok. But again, i will monitor it well because the safety and thrive of my daughter is of utmost importance.

I own a photography business and that keeps me either busy out in the field working, or lazily on the couch for 10 hours at a time editing (and eating). I am not the most active person, and I am trying to change that. I get so tired so quickly, and I just chalk that up to being out of shape.

After my 4 year old was born I was 190 pounds. When he turned a year a did Adkins, and lost 15 pounds... then when I was done nursing him, I started a phentermine medication and dropped down to 154 in a few short months. I only stayed on the meds for 3 months and after that just stayed on the low carb- no soda diet for about 2 years. I would fluctuate 5 pounds up and down but that was fine because i wasn't completely restricting myself of food. I LOVE to cook, my family LOVES to eat, and fortunately I am the only one that has weight issues. The year prior to getting pregnant this last time I started a 7-11 slurpee addiction. (slush type drink) I would go buy 2-3 at a time, and store the others in the freezer. this was daily for a few months. Needless to say, 40 lbs packed back on even faster than it had came off... which was quick. I am so disappointed in myself. And so this week, i start my journey again.

For breakfast I've been eating (4) scram. eggs w/ a slice of deli ham
snack- olives
dinner-(last night) tuna steak on the grill with asparagus.

today-- same for breakfast and snack... and not sure what my dinner plan is yet. maybe Ahi Ahi on the grill with some veggie.

I also started the pinterest 30 day squat/ab/plank challenge today. today's goal was 50 squats (did... ouch!!), 20 crunches and 20 seconds of plank (very hard). I'm also going to try to walk for a half hour min. daily with the kids.
Rosealenephoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
I posted a reply to you on my journal so I won't ask those questions again... Do you live in Chicago proper or one of the suburbs? I'm in NWI close to the Illinois border. Good luck to you! 4 kids! Wow! You are definitely a busy lady! I have 2 kids myself, ages 5 and 8. Kids can make it so tuff with all the crap food they bring home from school not to mention Halloween, Christmas cookies for Santa, birthday cakes, etc... I struggle with these things frequently.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Right now I'm in Naperville but I grew up and all my family is in crete- which is right over the border. I have quite a few clients in CP, dyer & valpo area. My sis lives in demont
Old 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Tonight I made cabbage and ground beef with onion. I think that's ok? It didn't taste very good lol. I also took the kids to the park, walked about a mile.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

The cabbage mixture sounds fine...did you add soy sauce to it? If it was bland, a little soy sauce and garlic powder may help! Where did you go to High School? Crete-Monee or Marian? Class of '95 I assume? I went to Marian
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I went to Crete! Class of 95. So you went to school with egglesfields I know quite a few people from there actually. Are you 93?

I didn't try soy sauce. Good idea!!! I used garlic powder and some ginger
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

No...I didn't know Egglesfields...I'm the class of 94
Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hey there! I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!