Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   A new start for windygap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/803014-new-start-windygap.html)

windygap 04-28-2013 03:38 PM

A new start for windygap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi every one. This is all new to me so I am trying to start this journal. I really don't know what I am doing so this might get messed up. But I need to try so I can have good weight loss like all of you. I am starting this April 28th 2013. I weigh 166 and would like to get to 127 as I am 5'2 and thick in my verry short middle. I just found this area this morning and love it. I could use all the help any one would like to give. I am going to try real hard to do it every day. I hope this will get me where I need to get to make the
Doctor happy along with my self.

squirrel watch 04-29-2013 04:58 PM

Encouragement from a fellow newbie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16398580)
Hi every one. This is all new to me so I am trying to start this journal. I really don't know what I am doing so this might get messed up. But I need to try so I can have good weight loss like all of you. I am starting this April 28th 2013. I weigh 166 and would like to get to 127 as I am 5'2 and thick in my verry short middle. I just found this area this morning and love it. I could use all the help any one would like to give. I am going to try real hard to do it every day. I hope this will get me where I need to get to make the
Doctor happy along with my self.

Hey, girly. Your journal is YOUR space, so don't worry about it getting messy. If you write something every day or so, you will see your transformation from lost to genius. It's hard to write when we don't have a good day, but I really think it's all part of the process.

I started 2 weeks before you, so I'm no guru. But I'm here if you need me. Keep posting! :heart:

My journal is here.

windygap 04-29-2013 07:30 PM

Thanks so much for being my first post. I was so surprised that any one stoped in. I have to work from 6AM to after 11PM tomorrow so I can't stay on long it is 10:15 so I need to go nighty night or I will not be able to drive all day and nighttomorrow. I will check your site out Thurs. I promise. I just got home from the nurseing home to late tonight to do much on here.

B-2eggs 3bacon strips 4:30 am
S-Atkins meal bar 9:30 am
L-small salad with 3small chickentenders Bluechees dressing 1:30 pm
D-bigger salad 1/2 c cottage cheese and 1 c berrys mixed BC dressing 6:30 pm

Not the best menu I know but it is good for me. No big goofs today. I will post tomorrows on Thur. I won't be home until real late tomorrow.

windygap 04-30-2013 08:05 PM

2nd Day !

B- 2eggs and 3 bacon strips 4:30am
S- Atkins meal bar 9:30am
L-4 oz chicken1:30
D- cold diet Pepsi will explain Later tomorrow. 6:00pm

zipp2play 05-01-2013 06:45 AM

Looks like you are doing really well!

I love Cottage cheese on salad!

windygap 05-01-2013 04:59 PM

Thank You so much.

Thanks so much for you post. Because I am not looseing I keep thinking I am doing some thing wrong. I thought maybe I was using too many atkins products so I am trying to cut them back but they are so handy to take to work and eat on a school bus when you are on a trip.

That is why I did not eat dinner last night. I did not take any thing with me and when I ordered my diet pepsi I found out all they had left at the track meet was all I could not have. That is why I usually carry a atkins bar in my
purse in case that happens. So when I got home at 10:30 it was too late to eat.

Tomorrow is another long. 6am to 9pm. I will have to pack tomorrow or I can go to a restarant near by.

I feel so much better getting off the diabetic diet. I guess I am just a low carb girl. I have to have a eye operation June 11th so I can not work my
summer job for the first time in 24 years. I am sad and worried how I am going to make it by my self but the good Lord will carry me threw,

B- 2eggs and 2 meat patties
S-Atkins meal bar
L- 2eggs scrambled
D- foot long chili dog no bun and diet coke
S- one sf piece of chocolate

squirrel watch 05-01-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16404255)
Thanks so much for you post. Because I am not looseing I keep thinking I am doing some thing wrong. I thought maybe I was using too many atkins products so I am trying to cut them back but they are so handy to take to work and eat on a school bus when you are on a trip.

That is why I did not eat dinner last night. I did not take any thing with me and when I ordered my diet pepsi I found out all they had left at the track meet was all I could not have. That is why I usually carry a atkins bar in my
purse in case that happens. So when I got home at 10:30 it was too late to eat.

Tomorrow is another long. 6am to 9pm. I will have to pack tomorrow or I can go to a restarant near by.

I feel so much better getting off the diabetic diet. I guess I am just a low carb girl. I have to have a eye operation June 11th so I can not work my
summer job for the first time in 24 years. I am sad and worried how I am going to make it by my self but the good Lord will carry me threw,

B- 2eggs and 2 meat patties
S-Atkins meal bar
L- 2eggs scrambled
D- foot long chili dog no bun and diet coke
S- one sf piece of chocolate

I think the fact that you're already feeling better is a VERY good sign :)

With Atkins products, you're right. Nothing beats real food but I keep some bars in case I find myself in a pinch. I tolerate the chocolate chip granola type bar from Atkins pretty well.

Good menu! KUTGW

zipp2play 05-02-2013 07:09 AM

WOW you are in for a long day! Pack well and you will have success!

windygap 05-02-2013 07:00 PM

You girls are the best!

I love talking to all you girls. Around here no will admit they do Atkins or any low carb plan. They act like it is the worst thing in the world. I am known as the nutty one that eats funny. If they just would feel a good day one time I don't think they would think I am nuts.

I have just finished my last late work night thank you God! 3 nights of going to bed at 11 and getting back up at 4am is no fun. That's why I have not been cooking much this week. Speaking of that thanks again squirrel watch for shareing your great meal. I can't wait for sat to get here so I can make.
That is one of my all time fave dishes. I have never had it while doing Low carb. You are a sweety for doing that for us.

Hi Monica! Yes it does make for long days. Hope you are doing fine.

If you guys see I am doing something wrong on my eating let me know.
I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to loose.

That said here goes todays list. Keep in mind I was at a ball game again
tonight. I had my choice between Godfathers pizza or sonic Drive thru.
So I had a repeat of last nights Dinner because it was the lesser of two evils.
If I had of went to the pizza place I would have blew it big time.

B-Atkins meal bar
S- egg mcMuffin with out the muffin
L- Small salad blue cheese dressing 1 chicken tender small
D- foot long hot dog with chili mustard and little onions no bun
Diet coke

Well I better say nighty night. See you all later. One more day till I get to eat you know what. Don't tell Garfield or he will beat me to it and eat the whole pan.

windygap 05-03-2013 08:15 PM

Yea its the weekend!

So glad I made it to Friday night. last night I was beginning to wonder. I had a guy at Mickey D's almost back over my body yesterday morning. He missed me by inches.

B- egg cass.
S- Atk. Bar
L-Chicken breast and wing 1/2 c. greenbeans
D- Just a heaping teaspoon of Peanutbutter Was not hungery

Well that is it for this week. See you all in the funny papers!

windygap 05-04-2013 07:11 AM

Thank God for weekends. I live by my self so I mowed for 1 1/2 hours last night and came in after a hard week and hit my easy chair. Today have to clean the whole house, pick up the stuff in the garage, bake sis a birthday cake, go to the store get my low carb stuff for lasagna and another dish I am making. I got to get some thing cooked up so I am not cheating because I am too busy or to lazy to cook after work.

I got to the health food store and got 1/2 the stuff I need.They had the other half but I did not expect 2 of the items to be so high and I did not have that cash on me. I did not want to charge because I am going to be off work for 3 months do to eye surgery so I am going to have to watch close. I am use to working hard in the summer and getting twice the money as winter so this will be scary no money comeing in and the insurance is paying less and less so I have all those bills going to come in too.

I hope I can keep up getting all my low carb stuff. Oh well life goes on no matter what. I am going to make my list and go to the store. See you tonight when I post the days eats.

I just looked up how much it cost to go see Paul McCartney In Indiana this summer. Would you believe about $395 to $2,900 a seat. Oh well guess I won't be going. My sister bought me a ticket last year for Cincinnati for my birthday. I thought I was going to have heart failure when he came out on stage. He is still as cute as ever. I wanted to go see them when they came to America the First time. But of course I was a teen with a tiny piggybank then. Now I am a 63 year old twice divorced lady with the same
tinny piggybank it seems. The concert is about a month after surgery so I dought that I can drive that far by then. Oh well maybe I will win the lottery the next time he comes around. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windygap 05-04-2013 06:30 PM

True love is not a man but a helping of lasagna!

I just made the lasagna that squirrel watch gave us and it is great. I was so glad to put 13 more in the freezer. Now when I get board with the same old thing I can pop one out and have a great meal. It is well worth the time.

I did cook today so I have 13 lasagna dinners, and 5 pumpkin bakes for breakfast or desert. I just love going to the freezer and finding low carb meals. I need to make a cheesecake soon. Have not made one in a couple of years. Going to cook tomorrow too.

The weather was great here today. Sunny 75 and breeze. I wish it would stay like this but I know it won't. All the yards are so green.

Well here goes for today.

B- strawberry crepes
L- pumpkin bake
D-Lasagna

who says us low carbers only eat meat eggs and cheese. We know how to take all that and make something good with it.

windygap 05-05-2013 04:36 PM

Well Sunday evening is here already. Can some one tell me why the weekends go twice as fast as the week days. I know there is more but it just seems we are just getting started on the weekend and then all of a sudden its finishing up. I forgot to say I baked coconut muffins yesterday too. I had one this morning. yum yum. This morning I made some chocolate recota sunflowerseed muffins. I put them all in the freezer to eat later.

Have been busy all day shreading paper work. Trying to clean out the past. I thought I
all ready had but found a lot more. All done thank goodness

I got on the scales and had my first woosh in a very long time. I am down 6 lbs from last sunday. It is probably all water but we will see. 2 more and I will be back to where
I was before the Doctor started messing with my diet. If I get there I will know it is fat
for sure.

B- coconut muffin pat of butter and 2fryed eggs
L- Atkins bar
D- 3 egg garden omlette 3strips bacon
S- pumpkin bake

Hope every one had a great weekend.

squirrel watch 05-05-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16410491)

I got on the scales and had my first woosh in a very long time. I am down 6 lbs from last sunday. It is probably all water but we will see. 2 more and I will be back to where
I was before the Doctor started messing with my diet. If I get there I will know it is fat
for sure.

Super! I'm excited for you! :up:

windygap 05-07-2013 06:33 PM

thanks!

Thank you so much. Like I said it's mostly water I bet. I have not had a drop like that in a couple of years. It still looked good any how.

I worked all day then came home and rushed to mow my 1/2 acker of land. A storm was working up and I needed to get it done. I just mowed Fri. and it was already to high on Tue. I felt like I was bailing hay. It started to rain but I kept working and it finally stopped and then blew over. I ate a spoon full of pb since I couldn't eat until late. I know that was bad but I had to grab something quick and take my meds before I mowed. I got home late last night so I am doing 2 list tonight so here goes.

B- Chocolate muffin and pat of butter This was low carb one

S- Atkins bar
L- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese and hand full of porkrinds
D- hot dog with chili and lg diet coke no bun.

Tuesday
B- 2fryed eggs and coconut muffin (low carb)
S- atkins meal bar
L- small salad lowcarb dressing
S- heapingspoonful of pb
D- small portion of lasagna
S- Arkins brownie

Bad day!

See you all Thur. I have to work till 11 tomorrow so I won't be on tomorrow.
Byee

zipp2play 05-08-2013 06:07 AM

You are doing so well. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Hope you have a GREAT DAY today!

windygap 05-09-2013 04:30 PM

You are so kind!

Thank you for stopping by and the nice comment. It means a lot to me.

I worked late last night so here is yesterday and today.

B- pumpkin bake
S- Atkins meal bar
L- salad with strawberrys add to it. Low carb dressing

B-ricotta and pb mix
S- Atkins meal bar
L- Cottage cheese 1/2 c 2eggs and 4 strawberrys
D-Atkins tv dinner

To day it was sunny and not raining yea! Its coming soon thow. Only 14 days
left of school. I will be off this summer for the first time in 24 years. That is scarey to me. Hope it don't make me go backwards. I usually do a full day of work on the big John Deer Field mower. We cut and haul trees cut weeds for hours and spray weeds all summer for the schools. I will just to have to make up my mind that this is not going to be a set back in eating or pay. Of course I am not being truthful to my self about the pay.

Just take one step at a time Judy and don't forget to breath. The eye operation will be over June 11th and then you have all summer to recoop. I will lose weight no matter what.

squirrel watch 05-09-2013 08:04 PM

You WILL lose weight no matter what. Breathing is good too. Keep it up!

How are you feeling on the WOE so far?

zipp2play 05-10-2013 07:13 AM

Keep up the GREAT attitude. What type of surgery are you having on your Eye? if you don't mind me asking

windygap 05-10-2013 07:46 PM

thank you both!

Yes Mandi I will loose Its just the older I get the slower it comes off. Oh by the way I love your thin picture.

Monica I came down with glaucoma at the age of 59. I was operated on 2 1/2 years ago and now its in my right eye. The doctors are stumped on why at my age and now something else is attaching both my eyes and they can't figure what it is but it's causeing damage too.

I have been going to ask you and I keep forgetting to are you any where near Larned Ks. My two step grandchildren live out there. I don't know if you are any where near Ft. Larned Ks. It is beautiful country.

here is today

B- pumpkin bake
S- Atkins bar
L- Atkins tv dinner
D- lg salad diet coke
S- low carb ice cream bar ( been wanting this for months)

Still raining. Hope ALL of you have a great weekend and a Happy Mothers Day.

windygap 05-10-2013 08:05 PM

Oh I forgot!

Sorry Mandi I knew you ask me something else and I could not remember what it was. I feel great as far as the eating goes. I don't go thru a lot of what other people go thru. I think that maybe because this is what my body needs all the time not just to get the weight off.

can you give me an idea what a day of eating for you looks like if you don't mind my asking. I just want to get an idea how you are doing it. I am not doing strict Atkins as you can see. I was on the Stella Style web site for several years and they don't count strict. They believe in cooking good food low carb and the weight will come off. They have lost over 500 lbs for 4 people. I met him one weekend and he taught us that weekend how to shop for good whole foods and not in the middle of the store where all the man made stuff is. We did have to put a box of donuts in one of his shopping carts when he was not looking. Boy you should have seen his face. It was priceless. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He use to be on the food net work.

squirrel watch 05-10-2013 11:21 PM

Hey! Sure, it's no problem at all. Here's how I'm eating:

Very similar to you, staying on the market perimeter. The main exceptions are the low carb pasta/sauce, and the low carb pitas or tortillas.

Breakfast is usually: scrambled eggs with cream cheese and sausage; hot dog on a tortilla

Lunch: I had lasagna for lunch for like 2 weeks straight. I need to make more. I miss it :( sometimes I make a chalupa (as on my journal), also I can post a slow cooker recipe for some pepper steak that I would pair with low carb egg noodles (I had this a lot my first week). And now I have some cauliflower mash (also on my journal)!

Dinner: my favorite dinner is chicken thighs rubbed with a tad of mayo and encrusted with parmesan cheese and crushed pork rinds. It just bakes for 20 minutes. I usually pair that with 2 raw celery stalks and I dip them in regular ranch dressing.

Snacks: string cheese, strawberries with almond butter and whipped cream (the kind in a can)

Treats: low carb dark chocolate with almonds (has sugar alcohols so I have it very sparingly), CarbSmart ice cream by Breyers (it is sweetened with Splenda, so it doesn't give me any cravings)

My meals get fattier as the day goes on lol :)

OHH my, love the donut story. That's the hardest at the store for me smelling those darn fresh glazed donuts.

I should mention that I do not suffer from binging. If I want to eat just a little bit of something not so great, like the chocolate, I can stick to that. So I personally don't need to worry too much about what's in the house.

Hope this helps!!! :heart:

windygap 05-12-2013 06:59 AM

You bet it helps! I see I am not too far off eating like you. I am so glad to know you eat my Garfield meal that often. I have been eating it slowly incase I would have a big jump. I am having trouble with water gain since they took those pills away. Any thing can give me up to s 5 to 7 lb. jump if it has salt in it.

Thank you for shareing a day with me. It gives me new ideas and shows me I am just
like everyone else when I crave Chocolate and PB. What brand of sauce do you buy and pitas. Also eggnoodles? That sounds so good. Going to try the chicken this week on a night I get home at a early hour. Your chalupa looked good enough to eat thru the screen. HEHEHE!!! I have a huge pack of chicken waiting in the freezer.

I just love trying new things that others have tried and they have worked for them. Food
always taste great if some one else makes it. Oh by the way I am not going to tell any one today that I have a strawberry jam cake with marshmallow frosting on my kitchen table right now for Mothers Day. Yes it is real and made with homemade jam. It is the real McCoy. I worked on it till midnight last night for my sisters birthday party to day.
I was blessed with a sister who has always been small in sizes but thanks to her Fibro-
she is now down to a size 4. She has to excerise every day because of her RA. So every one will enjoy this cake but me who can gain 5 lbs just from smelling it! Have a great day and I will talk to you tomorrow.

B- coconut muffin with butter and 2 eggs
S- My trusty atk bar
L- chicken salad on two lettuce leaves and a celery stalk small with pb
D- big salad from chapotle's and Diet coke
S-hand full of blackberys

I weight today and up 1lb from last weeks 6 lb drop which does not surprise me. I knew it would happen. It always happens after a big drop but I am not going to let the stop me. I just have to play football with the kfc dinner and jam cake and home made icecream they are making. I just have to eat the chichen no skin greenbeans and take the rest of the meal and run it to the end of the field like a football. I am not eating it no matter if the other side has big players I WILL GO FOR THE GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW! Love you all!

windygap 05-13-2013 04:52 PM

I had a great day today. It is chilly here today and going to 80 tomorrow. Mowed the back yard tonight and weedeated it. Going to read up on Atkins diets then take hot
bath with a good book before going to bed.

B-coconut muffin with butter
S- Atkins bar
L- chicken salad and diet coke
Dinner baked chicken and cottage cheese with 1 heaping tea. sf apricot pres.
S-piece of dark chocolate

zipp2play 05-14-2013 05:58 AM

OH MY girl. So glad you are getting it taken care of. I will be thinking of you.

I never do well after a LARGE drop in weight either! Keep up the great attitude!

windygap 05-14-2013 05:13 PM

I started reading Atkins 72 and found out that was what I was doing years ago but did not know it. I lost 80lbs back then and kept it off 5 years before it started creeping on. I did not read the book back then I just had a girl tell me what to do. I kept wondering why I was having trouble looseing the last 2 times I tried. I kept thinking this was not how I did it but it was so long ago I wasn't for sure. The more I read the more I think this is it. I did not know they had changed the diet so much.

B- Atk bar
S- pumpkin bake
L- 2eggs creamcheese and 3bacon
D- lg salad and diet coke

All this time I kept telling my self to go back to the basic's and I was right by what I have been reading. I use to go by store mirrows and not recognize my self. That is how much the 72 diet changed me back then.

squirrel watch 05-14-2013 06:29 PM

Good job figuring stuff out :) Whatever works!! is what I always say.

I don't know if you quit caffeine and aspartame before. Is that part of 72 or part of the new diet? I stopped soda to see if I could live without it and just drink water....so far so good.

squirrel watch 05-14-2013 08:25 PM

I just saw your friendship request and accepted it :heart:

windygap 05-16-2013 04:41 PM

Thanks so much. I think it is in both I believe. I went out 2 nights ago to find the book at our thrift stores. No luck that night. Had to mow last night to beat the rain again last night so tonight in the rain storm I went to the last store from the other night. It was closed that night. So I went straight from work and Looked threw about 50 boxes they had on the floor. I had already looked on about 20 racks. In the last box I finally found the book I believe. It's dated 1972!!!!!!! I have not got to look at it yet but the first days menu was just like what I remembered was wrote in the first replys so I think
it is the right one, I am going to study this book and see if it is what I did before. I have been trying to cut back but know I should stop drinking soda. Thanks for being my friend.

squirrel watch 05-16-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16427757)
Thanks so much. I think it is in both I believe. I went out 2 nights ago to find the book at our thrift stores. No luck that night. Had to mow last night to beat the rain again last night so tonight in the rain storm I went to the last store from the other night. It was closed that night. So I went straight from work and Looked threw about 50 boxes they had on the floor. I had already looked on about 20 racks. In the last box I finally found the book I believe. It's dated 1972!!!!!!! I have not got to look at it yet but the first days menu was just like what I remembered was wrote in the first replys so I think
it is the right one, I am going to study this book and see if it is what I did before. I have been trying to cut back but know I should stop drinking soda. Thanks for being my friend.

You were DETERMINED to find the book. Congrats on finding it. Thanks for being my friend too! :friends: