Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
boy have the last 2 weeks been crazy. I hope things settle down.

I started bounceing again. 153 to 154 then 153 then155. I guess I am getting ready to drop again I hope. I still love this diet. You my not get it right 100% of the time but at least you are takeing a step in the right direction.

Monica I hope all is well. I am going to check in a few min. Joni I bet those grandkids are keeping you guys hopping.

Fall is starting and I am loving it. My down day is 300 today hope something drops tomorrow. Love you guys.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I love Fall too! Here's to seeing a nice drop today. Check in and let us know!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi windygap! What do you have planned for the weekend? Do you have a sport bus trip scheduled?

I see you had a down day today on your JUDDD. Hope it went well for you. So that means an up day tomorrow and that is probably nice to have for a Saturday, right?

We are heading down to visit son/daughter-in-law and the two little grandsons. Will head back home tomorrow night. So looking forward to some G-ma time.

Munching on pumpkin seeds. Package says low carb but the salt can't be a good thing. I have been bouncing 155 to 157 so we are overlapping on that 155 number. Hope your bounce continues down to stay.

Have a super weekend. Rest up in case your crazy weeks continue.

Thanks again for letting me visit your journal. Take Care!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Hi every one

Well I am still 153 not complaining though. I went to the movies by my self for the first time at night time last night. Saw a real ghost movie about Lorain Warring Not spelled right. This lady and her husband are really into ghost. That subject is real interesting to me because my dad use to tell me ghost stories all the time about houses he lived in when he was young. My solid black cat will not let me type now. He keeps jumping in my lap and nudgeing my arms and hands so I better get off. I have put her down about 7 times and she still wont quit. Love Judy

PS have a great week end.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Just heading home from visit with the little grandsons. Munching on those pumpkin seeds again. Will be interesting to check the scale tomorrow to see what all the salt does for the number.

Thought about you being a farm girl at heart from the time spent with your grandpa when we went to our big interstate fair one night last week. It's pretty much all agriculture related-antique tractors, farm animals, 4-H and FFA showing and selling their animals, garden and flower exhibits, and pro rodeo. Said to my husband, "Gosh, I bet windygap would enjoy seeing all this." And he's looking at me like who are you talking about.

And childhood ghost story memories. Way cool! Your black cat really wanted your attention didn't she.

Well, have a right nice rest of the weekend and work week. Hope your JUDDD goes well and your scale number hits a new low.

35down-Joni
Old 09-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #156

How was the weekend for you? Did you enjoy your Sunday??? Do you have any field trips coming up?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Hey my last message to you girls sunday is missing. What gives. Oh well Ir is 448 am and I am getting ready for work but wanted to let you 2 know I just droped to 152. Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to go to work talk later Judy
Old 09-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #158

way to go girl! You are doing an amazing JOB!!! Keep it up and enjoy your day!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Yes! 152 Happy Day!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

dear Diary

To day is Sunday and I have just had my first weekend off since school started. YEPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course that means that I have to catch up with the bills, house, yard, fall decorations. The plumber, Birthdays, and all that other good stuff. Oh well they will just have to stand in line and take a number.

I just weighted in after a high day and still weight 152 so hope after todays down day maybe it will move again. I have 14 off and 25 to go to goal or 5 to get to my Halloween goal. I am not dropping fast but still dropping. No real major goofs. So its just takeing time.

It is starting to feel fall here. One day it will be 87 and then the next it will be 47 when we get up. Trees are turning. Tomatoes are comeing on strong at my house but my friends have all took theres down now. I took 24 off of 3 plants yesterday. In the freezer they go for veg. soup.

I tried a new recipe out of a old diabetes book I found at the thrift store this summer. One was for tamale Pie. It was very spicy but great. The other I have to warn you about diary. It was called apple crunch. Beware have extra cal. on the day you make anything apple this fall. one piece was 196 but it taste so good warm and gooey that before I knew it I had almost ate another piece. Lucky I had 700 cals. left for the day and could count it and still be legal. My weight stayed at 152 after a high day so it did not bother me. I now know don't go back for 1 bite. that leads to another and another.
I divided it up and in the freezer it went.

Well I better get some work done today. Hope to talk more this week. By By
Old 09-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Well I got up after a great DD and the scales did not move a bit. Still 152. I know I counted right so I guess my body is just resting.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #162

Resting is a good thing. Better than gaining!

your apple crunch sounds awesome! I love fall, with apple crisp and pumpkin bread!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Hi it is Friday night and no work for this weekend. YEP PEE! Just got on to look up some counts and thought I would stop by and say sorry I was so busy but the scales moved and I am down 1 lb more. That makes 15 lbs in 3 months. My sister just called and she is off for the first time this weekend so we have just decided to go to Amish Country in northern Ohio. We are going to drive 3 hours and 20 min. to go see Lehmans Hardware store. I went 4 years ago and it is a really neat place to go. If you want a quick trip go to their web site and take a quick peek at the store. The cars park in front and the horse and buggys park out back. This is where they shop and there is so many neat things that you don't see in our stores any more. If they have one glass lamp they have 500 it seams. Well I am going to take that quick peek at the store and then I have to get to bed if we are takeing the long look tomorrow. Bye
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Hope you get a minute to tell about your Lehman's trip. After looking a bit at the website, I remembered we use to get their catalog quite some time back. Such neat stuff!

Have a 'good JUDDD counting and scale going down week.'

Joni
Old 09-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Hi joni.

I am down to 151 now. Still have 4 lbs. to go to hit Halloween goal! Go Judy Go Judy! I have talk to my self or I forget HEHEHE!!!

Yes we went yesterday. It was so great. We found out that the store flooded 5 months after I was there the first time. It flooded the store 3 feet in Feb. 2011. I cannot even think about how bad it was. We saw pictures of the flood. It just made you sick to see all the things destroyed.

First of all my sister went for the first time and loved it. When we walked in we signed up for info. and got a free bowl of icecream. That will come later in the story. Then we walked into the soda shop that has every kind of soda bottle from all over the u.s. All the old brands. I was tempted to try one of each. Next to that room is metal signs and then across from there is all the old kinds of candy from all over. Very tempted there. Next to the signs were Christmas cards then a big area with all amish puzzles. They are beautiful. There was one of all amish pictures and it was in the shape of a leaf. It was really neat. Next to that area is the book store with books, cds, and recipe books. After that is the snack bar with great food and deserts. My sister got sick and her sugar dropped and she felt faint so we stopped and ate lunch so she could rest and get the sugar back up. After that we looked in the kitchen store the pottery shop, the laundery area. Then the hardware store, the lodge cookware area, The Home made icecream machines, the milk can dept. The oil lamp store with over 5oo kinds. Then the garden store, big toy store with all old toys from back in the 40,s 50,s and 60,s. After all that we stopped by the snack bar for that free icecream and boy was it great!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we passed the free samples of fudge up and looked at the clothes, popcorn area, coffee area. Then came the heat stoves, the fireplaces, the out door grill area and the old stoves and fridges that look like 1800's to 1950's Oh yea I for got the potty area if you don't have plumbing in your house. You did noitice that I said we passed up the free taste of fudge didn't you. I am just making sure because we passed it up a 2nd time on the way out. We went back to the kitchen and toy store and then cashed out.

We walked to the store out back and looked thru it and then went to our cars. On the way to the cars we saw horse and buggys going down the rode. I gave my sister my camera and ask if she could get a couple of pictures of the buggys. The last one she took the little kids on it put their hands up and acted like they were takeing pictures of her. She laughed at that and told me what had happened.

I then took her to a bulk food store and we saw lots of amish people buying food for supper. We looked at all the bakeing supplies. I got a lb. of pumpkin spice cappachino mix. and a lb. of oat brands big dutch pretzels. My favorite part of the store was seeing a lady in her 80's all dressed in black with her black bonnet on walking out with her food. It was such a pretty view of her.

After that I drove about 10 miles thru the country too see the familes working in the yards, building a barn, working in their gardens, two women and their little one's chaseing a horse back across the road to a field. One was doing this with a newborn wrapped in a blanket held to her chest. Some were getting ice from a building in town.

Then we ended up in Dalton at the Das Dutch Kitchen. We ate supper there and shoped the gift shop and bakery. My sister got a blackberry lg. fryed pie. to take home. I looked at the quilts for twin beds that cost from 229 to 299 dollars. I can't guess what a queen would cost.

After that we drove home with the sunsetting in our eyes. Thank goodness it finally went down. We had a 3 1/2 hour ride home. We got back at 10:30 pm Quite tired and happy. For it being my sisters first time up there she had a great time.

well I better go for now. Hope every one does great this week.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #166

That sounds like a fun evening! How great for you both! Quilts are expensive!!!!! Handmade hand sewn, but are so beautiful!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Well back you are into your work week, but wanted to let you know I so enjoyed reading about your Lehman's trip with your sister. So interesting about the flood, but so great they were able to recover. And Judy, since I know Lehman's is some place I won't ever see in person, I so appreciate your amazing descriptions of what you saw.

I definitely did read that you passed by the free fudge not only once but twice.

JUDDD 151 Doing Good!

Joni
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Hi every body out in JUDDD land. First of all I am still 151 so far but not complaining I love it and will dearly love dropping below 150 soon. I just have to keep chugging along.

Yes Monica the quilts are very high. That twin would only have layed on top of the bed. It would not have tucked in.

You are so well come Joni. You tell me of places you go to. Yes it was great but a long trip. Hope all are looseing that unwanted weight. I will drop soon. I just have to wait it out. Love you guys!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is 4:55 am and I am getting ready for work but had to share this with you girls. I just had my first big woosh! I am down to 148! Yeep peeeeeeeeeeeee Under 150 for the first time in about 10-15 years. I can't believe it. Got to go or I will be late. YEEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #170

OH MY GOODNESS! 148 is AWESOME GIRL! Way to go! You should be THRILLED! You have done so well. KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Whoosh-148-Woosh!
You must be on JUDDD Cloud 22 today

Joni
Old 10-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I am on cloud 999 to day because I am now down to 147. I am down another lb. This is wild. Since Monday I have went from 152 to today sunday to 147. 5 lbs. in one week after all these months. That's 19 lbs and going below 150 for the first time in years and I hit my Halloween goal all at the same time. Don't you just love this diet. It didn't cost me anything. That is a whole lot cheaper then W.W. or low carb. And I did not have to go to any meetings after work when I am tired and just want to go home and crash.

Hope every one is looseing too this week!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Just stopping by to say great news on the JUDDD Woosh continuing. I have some outside chores to do today, but it is a bit windy and chilly and wants to be rainy out there. So I have been reading around the forum here instead.

Hope all is well out there in bus driver land. The grandsons found out their new bus driver is a sister to their last year's driver. This driver has different rules. It was the big news of their day yesterday.

Keep on whooshing.

Joni
Old 10-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #174

LOOK AT YOU GO GIRL! There's nothing stopping you now!!!!!!!!!!!

Got big plans for this weekend?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls,

I just hit a brick wall???????????????????????????????? I have been so down since thur that I want to cry but am trying not to. Went to the doctors Thur. and hoped for great numbers because I had done JUDDD since June 16th Except for the week vacation and the weekend in Amish country I have counted every thing includeing all deserts in the last 6 months. The weight kept comeing off so I thought I would be ok with a 19 lb. drop.

Not so. Good cols great. He said he wished his other people was like my number' bad cols. up a little but still good. all other numbers were good except sugar. I jumped 8 points up to 103 after a 12 hour fast and 3 months test. It was 102 last year then 6 months ago I got it down to 95 now with doing juddd with out low carb I have jumped 8 pts.

And to top it all off his scales ate night time with clothes on I only showed a 9 lb. loss. That really made me mad after all the work I had done. I got on my scales the next morning and there was 19 again. Oh well I tried.

Now my question to you girls do any one do total low carb with the JUDDD and if so how. I have never counted carbs and cals. at the same time. Where do you start at 20?
Doctor said no more deserts and move more. Yes you do see my toung sticking out at the doctor right now. Sorry I said I was upset. I am not giving up on JUDDD I just have to learn how to do the lowcarb way and no I can not have holiday goodies like lowcarbgal can do. This makes me so mad because I am not a diabetic. I know he is trying to keep me from getting there but this is so madding. I just learned what I could eat on low days to get it exact and now he changes it

So sorry I am so down. That is why I did not get on for a few days. Trying to get over the doctor and realizing that I have to go back to lowcarb and leave all the good stuff again.

I guess I will go to the other sites and see if I can find out how the others are doing it.
Love you girls. Judy
Old 10-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! I am sending a Low Carb Friend Hug to you today. Bummer your results seemed discouraging but hope you can keep it in perspective. Good things: your cholesterol numbers are good and you have lost weight; remember the white jeans you wore to dance at your class reunion.

Maybe you have found some answers to your questions about low carb and JUDDD. I know some of the Friends here are successful at it. I tried but just never liked all the counting--but that is just me. And maybe Monica or someone else here can give you some good advice.

My only thought is since your weight is going in the right direction with how you have been doing JUDDD, that is a good thing. Maybe give it a bit more time and decide after your next blood work-up. I am not trying to give you advice. Just thinking how I might handle it if I was you.

I have read that cinnamon can be used to balance blood sugar, so maybe do a bit of research on it and see if that might be something to try until your next blood work-up. Again, I am not giving advice, but just thinking how I might handle this.

Also, I always keep in mind the medical community advice changes all the time-butter is bad for you so use margarine--years later becomes margarine is really bad for you stop using it. Take estrogen after menopause for your heart becomes stop taking it immediately or you will have a heart attack. The latest one for me is take 1800 mg calciumdaily for your bones after menopause became stop taking calcium pills because you increase your chances of a heart attack.

Gonna run along now. Sending one more LOw Carb Friend Hug.

Joni
Old 10-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Joni,
It all sounds like good advice. How do you do your low carb? You say you don,t like counting. That,s why I quit WW I stalled out and could not break it. Do you just eat low carb food and don't count calories and how low do you go on carbs? I took cinnamon and it did not seem to help. I took it for about 2 years.

Maybe I could keep on and just stay away from sweets. and cut down on bread products. I usually only eat sandwich thins unless eating out. It,s and idea.

Thanks for the hugs I sure need them. I feel like he knocked the wind out of me. I ask him why looseing weight and cooking 1/2 the time out of a diabetic cook book did not work. I thought looseing weight helps diabetic,s. He said it does but it did not work for me, NO SWEETS and move.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Windygap, I just wanted to pop in to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your journal. You are a delightful and charming woman and I love your great sense of humor and positive attitude. I'm sorry you're feeling a little low right now but from what I can tell through all you've shared you will soon be feeling your usual optimistic self. I also wanted to say that I always weigh about 5lbs more at the doctor's office than I do at home but I don't let it worry me as at home I weigh first thing in the day before eating & nude while at the doctor's it's after eating and fully dressed with shoes on. Hang in there, dear.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hi LolaGetz,

So glad you stoped in to say hi. You have made me feel better today thank you. I had a good laugh when you said that about your doctor visit. That is just what I do. I have WW. scales and they read the numbers for you so I don't have to bend over to try to see the lines and where the needle is due to my eyes. Everybody that gets on them says they way them 10 lbs heavier. but when I go to the doctor they say 10 lbs lighter go figure. I think my guest don't want to admit they weight more then they think.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hi Judy - I just found your journal after seeing Monica refer to it on the JUDDD board.

I hope you're adjusting to the idea of having to stick LC. You're doing so fabulous on JUDDD! Maybe over time you can add back a sweet treat here and there. You've probably read from Carly how she was diabetic and on meds, and now is "cured" and doesn't have to watch her carbs anymore. The body can do miraculous things. Maybe it just takes a little longer the older we get.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and let you know I think you're wonderful!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote