Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi windygap! Wow! Your Dear Diary post about your reunion was so fun to read. It made me smile. Oh, and congrats on finding those Vera Wang size 10 white jeans. Hope after your work duties are done today, you can rest your eyes and enjoy floating away on Cloud 22 some more.

35down
35down is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How are you doing today girl? When does school start for you?
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
So sorry girls. I have been very busy getting ready for school to start. We bid on runs Monday and had cpr training and a couple of other kinds of training. Then we worked for awhile on Ken.Screening getting it ready. We worked 8hours each for the last 2 days at the screening. Plus I had a small trip last night so I guess you can say I am back at work again. One of my runs I bib on starts mon. and Tue.Then they all start Wed. except my pre school that don't start until the first part of Sept.

So I have not been doing very good on my eating for the last 4 days. I now see what the working girls are up against. At home it is not so hard. I know after the screening is over Mon. things will settle down and I will eat on my own time. With my own food. Still hit my goal if I fight it all next week. I keep bounceing from 155 to 157 and back for the last 3 days.

Oh by the way I am only on cloud 21 so far!!!!!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Dear Diary,

Today is Aug 18. I am bounceing like crazy but I don't care I am going to hit 154 by Laborday no matter what. I was 155 last Mon, then I had a wild 5 days of eating big meals we don't normally eat at school and eating at very odd hours. So I have been bounceing like no tomorrow. This week I vow to watch it close. I can not let the girls and my self down. I have to make this work. I was at 157 this morning after a down day which is not good. I have counted every bite so far today. I have been invited out to see my sister who just came back from Pa. She wanted to eat at Sonic Drive in. So I got my papers out and looked up everything and I have it counted out includeing a icecream dessert. I am getting a jr. size so that will help. My numbers will come out right this week. I still remember last Sat. night and how I felt skinny all night. I refuse to loose that feeling for good. It is not going to happen!!!!!!!! Ok get out there Judy and make it happen. You go girl you can and will do this. Sorry Diary I got a little carried away. You see I have not forgot that last dance last week either. I fulfilled a life long dream with that dance and I figure if God gave me that what else does he have in store for me. I need to get this extra weight off so I can find out. If I don't talk to you to much this week it will be because we have one more Ken. Screening for 8 hr. Monday and my WCCC- 23 kids start tomorrow too. I have them on Tue and then Wed is first day for all but pre-school. What I bid on last Mon,. was All Special Needs from 3years of age to 23 years old. Plus I will have 4 wheelchairs. So as you can see Diary I really am crazy for sure. I have bitten off a work load big enough for 2 people because I will still drive the regular kids to all kinds of events. So here goes this week will be a good one all numbers will be ok this week. See you later Diary! BYE!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Hope you can hear me while you are way up there dancing on that puffy Cloud 21. Just stopping in to say hello and have a good week. I admire your determination to keep on your weight loss journey.

All is good here. Had a great weekend with the little grandsons but all is quiet now since they left for home.

Our 4 year old grandson has a developmental delay diagnosis-we see a bit of autistic behaviors etc. So for the last two school years I have taken him back&forth to his special needs preschool and babysat he and his baby brother while their mom worked. Now they have moved two hours away for jobs and grandson will be starting a new school district preschool. Hope all the new people in his life are as caring as you are and have the understanding that sometimes hugs are necessary.

Your work load sounds huge, but hope you rest those eyes as much as you can and take a minute or two each day to remember that dance. Take care.

35down-Joni
Old 08-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Hi 35! I had a few min. this morning before I have to leave so I thought I would check in Quick. Yes I can hear you fine up here.

It sounds like your grandkids are very well taken care of. Don't worry he will be ok. We get attached to those little ones. My problem is I want to take some of them home at night but their mommys say no.

I am so unhappy with my self. I got on the scales this morning and it bounced up to 161. I think the scales have went crazy all of a sudden. I counted right and even used the co. figures for what I ate out and I had a bigger jump. So I have decided to not look again until Labor Day. That way I won't get upset.

My Sister just got back Sat. from Pa. She made her yearly trec to see her grandkids. Her Daughterinlaw saw a picture of me from a couple of weeks ago and ask who I was. When she found out it was me she said I had lost a butt load of weight. I had to laugh and told my self to keep going. Even when the scales are going crazy I must be doing ok.

Well I got to go to work. See you later. I get my 19 to 22 year olds today and have 8 hr. of Ken. Screening today then have to go to the nurseing home to do the weeks wash. See you soon.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! I know you are super busy with work, but I had a minute to post so thought I would say hello. Sorry your scale was not nicer to you. I do have a love/hate relationship with mine. The comment about looking like you had lost a butt load of weight will be good to remember when your scale is 'crazy' and an interesting butt and load visual-I am only speaking in general of course--LOL.

What is the Ken. Screening you are doing mean? I have not heard that term before. And the nursing home laundry must mean you have a family member there? Ignore that question if it is too personal.

Husband and I are cutting and wrapping (my job is the wrapping) our half beef today. Not a fun job but a freezer full in the end of grass fed beef is good. Nice to have access to beef raising family with meat cutting facilities.

Hope your work is going well. Signing off!

35down-Joni
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Hi 35!

Just got home from my one hour run for the Special Needs that are over 18 to 23 years old. They go to a career Center to get trained for jobs. Tomorrow is the big day for all but 3 and 4 year olds. They start the day after Labor Day.

The Ken. Screening is regular kindergarten Screening. They have to go and get hearing, eye test, and several other test done and then they are going out to the buss and we are putting them and their mom and dad on the bus and we give them hands on training for riding the bus and crossing the street. And this year we are even training them to spot strangers near the bus for highjacking training. Sorry I was so lazy to not type it all out. I am bad for that. Tomorrow I have High School and Jr. High then Elementary Then a girl in a wheelchair will go in later after Elementary to the High School. After that I go from the High School to the next town 12 miles away to the Career Center. Then back to High School to drop off some from the Center. Then I go to the Kindergarten center and pick up the special needs there and take them home. Then I pick up some and take them back for the afternoon class. I eat for 40 min. then start all over with High School takeing them all home.

Yes my mom in the nurseing home and I have to go every mon. and do her wash. Also I will be takeing a bus trip for soccer Thur. night from 5 to 10 so far. May have another one before the week is over. Boy you can tell school is starting.

Oh you are soo lucky to get that beef. Me and my last husband use to get some or a pig and it was so great. And did I say lip smacking good too! Right now the only cow in this house is me HEHEHE!!!! My freezer went out this summer so no room for a cow. Oh well I would just eat it all by my self and then I would really start mooing. Do you live on a farm or just have one raised for you. My Grandpa and 2 uncles use to farm. I use to work a very long time ago in a store and wrapped the meat all day long. Of course you use wrapping paper but I still know the feeling.

Hope you have a great day and I think I am done eating for the day. I have to figure the numbers but I was going to eat a salad out and the girls ordered pizza instead so lets hope I come out ok. Yesterday was a perfect DD! I had planed to have supper but I bet all my numbers are gone. That is ok if I did not go over.

Oh by the way how big is a Butt Load? HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Am babysitting my 7 and 10 year old grandsons today. The 7 year old had a play day at a friends so the older grandson and I went on a new adventure for us--the arcade. One game was where we both got to sit in these reclining type chairs and watch a screen of like being on a roller coaster with the chairs bumping around. Silly,but I couldn't stop laughing

Then daughter had arranged a convenient location for me to pick up my 7 year old grandson from his play day and it was Krispy Kreme Donuts shop.Not sure what she was thinking. LOL Could be hazardous there for a low carb dieter, but just bought ones for the boys and smelled the donut air for myself.

So thanks for the Ken. Screening info. Your days sound so busy being here there and everywhere keeping up a time schedule. It is amazing to me. I think I remember you said something about bidding on the routes. I figure you are not bidding $ amount for routes so does it mean you can bid for certain routes and they then get assigned by seniority? I am just taking a guess here. And again, please tell me if I am over stepping your journal bounds with questions.

Got that beef taken care of yesterday, but it might be a day or two before I want to look at raw meat again. We use to be country living folk, but now live the small city life. But we still know farmers who have beef to sell. Probably won't buy a half beef again as it gets to be quite old in the freezer before we get to the last of it- and we are mooing by the end of it, too.

The friends who bought the other half of our beef brought a loaded pizza to eat for lunch yesterday, so didn't want to be rude for their kindness and I ate a big slice crust and all.It sounds like you are doing a good job keeping track of the numbers you need for your JUDDD way of eating. Are you still waiting until labor day to weigh?

Daughter just called, she's on her way home so my babysitting day is done. You are probably out there driving one of your sport team routes-busy person that you are.

I am not sure how big a butt load is but apparently people think you have much less.

35down
Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Hey Joni,

I got on to get a baby Blanket patteren I saw in a old mag. and jumped over here to see if any one had wrote since I was here last. I have been kilt as we say around here. That means you are dead dog tired. I worked Thu. from 6am to 10PM so tired I could hardly keep my head up all day yesterday. Then they kept throwing extra things at us. I went to a big food and dept. store and walked it all over before I came home then had to carrying all my stuff in by my self and put it up. All this on a 322 cal. day and then I only droped 1 bounceing lb. It mad me quit mad this morning but I am not giving up; I know JUDDD is right for me. Its just that last week We ate chinesse and Pizza all in one week and I blew it both day with salt. Also MSG. my body does not like either worse the calories. I was going to try not to look but I had to know if I had broke the big bounce and the answer is no so far. I will be ok. I just have to watch more careful and no more chinesse for at least 6 months..

Yes we bid by the highest person in years to the lowest. I am the 2nd highest with 32 years in so I get to bid second. I got a total of 8 hours in but our school levey did not pass so they will lay people off and cut us down probably. So every hour counts when bidding.

It sounds like you had fun with the kids. The donuts are one of the reasons I like juddd. I can have one if I count right. I can have so much more and yes I am bounceing big now but it won't last long and then I will be dropping again. I hold water bad and MSG does not help. Trying to not use water pills because they took me off of them last years.

I have not done much crafts all summer and am going to try to start a Crocheted Baby Blanket. I have one started in all white and I have trouble seeing it at night so going to try a collored one with 2 bags of yarn I have left over from other projects. Its like a granny square only octagon shaped. Will see.

Have fun this week end. I bought Trisha Yearwoods newest cook book and was reading all the cute storys with the recipes. Can't wait to try some now that I can.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Hope you are enjoying your weekend and resting up a bit from being 'dead dog tired' from your work last week. Did you get a chance to try out any fun recipes from the Trisha Yearwood cookbook?

I have been bouncing around 161# for a couple weeks now, but this morning finally saw 159. Probably last only a few minutes but can say I saw it. Hope your JUDDD is back on track for you.

Heading out of town to visit son/daughter in law and the two little grandsons. it is about a two hour drive. We are almost there. I should pay attention because at some point, I may want to drive here and would help to see how to get to their home. Another thing I admire about you and your driving abilities. I am quite a nervous driver. Do your bus routes entail freeway driving also?

We bought something from Verizon for $20 that lets me be on the Internet while we are on the road. Data something or other. Anyway, husband drives, I got to type talk to windygap. Way cool.

Did you get started on your crocheting?

Well, hope you are having a nice Sunday and your next work week not quite so exhausting. Take Care!

35down-Joni
Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #132

Hey girl! Sorry I've been MIA, I'm back now. When does school start for you guys???

SOunds like you are doing well, don't let the JUDDD bounce bother you. Just roll with it!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls so sorry I have been mia! I did not get on because I had a headace that would knock over a bear from Friday to this morning. I have been very sick feeling. Thank you god for takeing it away from my eyes. This is how I felt all weekend.

Hey Monica glad to hear from you. School started last Wed. Alls well so far. I am really tired so far. The headace didn't help any. After m runion on the 10 the weight came right back off in 1 dd. Now I have jumped as high as 160 and have not seen 155 since the last 2 weeks. I ate pizza last week but counted it right. I ate Chinesse for the first time in about maybe 6 or 9 months. I have been bounceing real bad every since and not going to the girls room. That is partly due to MSG and getting dehydrated when we start driving again. The diet was going great till this happened. I am going to stay with it. No matter what.

Hey joni,

Yes we drive on the HighWay. No fun. I do it but don't like it. My ex drove me into a concret wall with lots of barrows in front of it about 5 years ago and now I have a hard time driving threw road work areas. I lost all the skin from my eyes to my neck. I was a mess for awhile. I came out with no scares thanks to vit. E and witch hazzle . I know it's not spelled right but that is the best I can do.

So glad you got that new thing. Sounds like a neat thing to have when on trips. Glad you had such a great weekend.

I under stand about the stall. It drives you nuts but we will see those numbers and lower ones real soon. I refuse to take no for an answer. JUDDD will work I just have to hang on. Had a 280 DD. That has to count for something. The last 5 days has been counted right and it still keeps going up and down. What it doesn't know is that I am going to win!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #134

You have done well. Keep it up. Sorry about the headache. NO FUN there!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #135

Miss you girl
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! So sorry about your headache last weekend. Not fair to spoil your days off like that, but guess driving with a bad headache or having to miss work is not good either. Anyway, sure hope it continued to stay away. Do you get headaches like that very often?

Any Labor Day weekend plans? Our 10 and 7 year old grandsons are riding in a parade in their other grandparents home town. It is a wheat farming community so combines and farm trucks and all good old time fun. We are going down to watch Saturday morning. We might go fishing one day-we have an old row boat that we can manhandle into and out of the back of our pick up and lots of nearby lakes. Weather is suppose to be good.

Wow, how lucky that you have no scars from that accident of your ex driving into that concrete wall. (I will have to remember about the vitamin E and witch hazel for scar prevention.) Makes me admire you even more doing your bus driving job every day.

Hope you get a chance to crochet and read your Trisha Yearwood cookbook and rest up a bit this weekend. Looking forward to reading your journal re: your JUDDD adventure this last week. You have a great winning attitude so I am sure you will be bouncing the right direction.

Well, have taken enough of your journal space again. Thanks for letting me chat with you here. Take Care!

Joni
Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Hey its the week end!!!!! Hi joni and Monica. So glad to hear from you girls. I had to work late last night so just getting back on.

No I have not gotten bad headaches since I had my historectomy in 1985. I use to get ones that put me in the hospital for 1 to 3 weeks. I think the eye operation may have started them up again but I hope not.

I have to work sat from 6 am to 2 . Then I go to Columbus for a picnic with my sister and niece and her hubby. Mon. is ?

lucky for me Sun. is a up day. I did another DD was 310 and am 156 this morning. I am praying that I will drop on down after tomorrow. I have no idea why my body went crazy last week and this week but am not giving up. No inches off they stopped too! I am just going to keep moveing on.

My numbers are perfect to day too! Last night A man driver want to go to Burger King to eat. I went and only ordered a diet coke. He ate a wapper fries and a milkshake infront of me and I still only went down one number. I need 155 to be even and 154 to hit my goal for Laborday. I got my fingers crossed. Well maybe my legs and toes too!.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Today is down day and doing fine. Thin bagel 110 cal. 1 small chili from Wendy's 180. That's 290 for the day. plenty of 0 drinking going on. Still got my fingers crossed that this big MSG bounceing is over this week. If not it is not because I am not counting right or overeating. Numbers are fine. Labor day is still 2 days away. I can do this.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Dear Diary

To day is the day before Labor Day. I promised to loose 5 lbs by that day. So far I am 4 oz. from it. I think being very strick this week may have broke the big bounce. I sure hope so. The only trouble is today is a up day and that means I will bounce up normally tomorrow so that being said I am going to wait till after tomorrows DD to weight in for the holidays. But the big thing is I am pretty sure I finally have the big bounce done. I have only had 1 sit down job in the little girls room it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. When we start driving in this heat it dehydrates us and some girls can't go because we can't keep enough water in our bodys since we do not have pottys on the buses. Your afraid to drink and drive so to speak HEHEHE!!!!!! I can see it now. A trooper pulls a bus over and says Sorry but I need to see your CDL's You were weaveing back there. She would say something like this. Yes sir I sure was it's kind of hard to drive with your legs crossed. Oh my I can see it now!

The football game was canceled last night due to a storm so I was called out last night to go today Sunday to drive for the make up game. You bet I'll put my water jug down to drive double time on Sunday.

Did I tell you diary that I still love JUDDD even if I have gone crazy for 2 weeks. I just know to stay from MSG big time now. JUDDD is so easy. I know that I am going to make it to 125 some time soon. I just have to keep on keepen on. I made my choc. chip scones again. I wanted donuts today and said flat NO. So I baked the same scones that I lost on the first few weeks. I have got to figure how to not bounce hard today so I might hit my goal tomorrow or Tue. I am going to be at goal soon. Some times I feel like a football player that has the ball. All the other team is running at me and I am trying to find that empty line to the goal post. You ever fill like that diary. No I guess not I forgot you are just a little flat book with a key lock on the front. You have never been fat in your life and have no idea what we go thru. Well ok so you do know a little how it feels when I am crying on your shoulder and getting your pages wet or when I am being bad and cussing you out like you could really do something about it. So I guess you do know a little.

Well I better clean house and mow the grass if it drys out before I go to the foot ball game. See you tomorrow. I hope I am lighter then. Judy
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Hey windygap! Just popping by to say hello. Keeping my fingers crossed for you to make your goal! And then steady as she goes down from there!

Had a good weekend- went to the parade--combines were huge, grandsons rode in a farm truck and threw candy. Camped at the lake two nights and fished.

Hope your weekend was good (and a bit more profitable than originally expected would help that to be) and that you are all rested up for your work week.

windygap-JUDDD Best wishes on your numbers this week.

Joni
Old 09-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #141

OH you are so focused girl! I am so happy for you! How did the game go Sunday???
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I won 154 and the team won 35 to 34. And yes this was a profitable week end. I hate to work on the weekends when it is a holiday but it does pay well. I lost down to 154 and am heading on down from here. Watched it close all week and I have finally broke the big bounce. I hope I don't see one of those again for a while. Monica haven't you said your son uses frozen dinners to keep on track some times? Do you ever use them? I have used Jimmy Deans Delites at 210 cal. this week so I was not guessing if things were counted right.

Joni, I would have loved to been at that parade. I love anything for farms. I guess I stayed at grandpas farm too much when I was young. He dragged me to cattle sales, all the fairs in the area. Drove me on the tractors. Lets face it I thought I was a farm girl.

Going to watch it close for the next few weeks. If any one has any ideas please feel free to leave them and I will try them out.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #143

Windy, we buy the budget gourmet lean meals. They have a salsbury steak / with potato meal for 180c. There are many others and sometimes they go on sale for $.88. Can't beat a meal for under a DOLLAR!

My DD11 likes the hormel complete meals. They don't have to be frozen, but they can be a bit high in calories.

I don't eat many of those type meals because most have WHEAT in them. With my Celiac disease, I can't have wheat/barley/rye.

Way to go on 154!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, and thanks for the info. I just read on one of the threads just now how you are eating. Sounds great ! After a up day it is 156 so I think the big bounce is finally over.
I am home getting ready to go to the doctor. big tests today. Hope there is no signs of eye going down.

Hey Joni both of you have a great weekend. I was called to work sat. from 3 to 8pm so there goes my sat. At least I will still have Sun. off.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #145

Let us know how the DR visit goes!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

First of all I am at a all time low for JUDDD 153. Oh Yea! the bounce is broke. Second of all the eye is healing fine. My pressure is 3 in left eye and 1 in operated eye. He said as it heals this year it should go up a little. My eyes are handling being that low ok. Reading was down a little but that moves around all the time. He says that there is something else attacking both eyes and making me loose some vision. They have thought so for a couple of years but this new test yesterday proves it. They have no idea what it is. It can't be from what I was operated on because it is attacking the eye that was done 3 years ago. The preasure is too low to be causeing it. So he is going to keep watching me because of my job. Thanks for asking. I just have to ask God to show them what it is and stop it before it gets to far.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Congratulations on the all time low for JUDDD 153! I admire your stick-to-it-ness and your proving how JUDDD can work for you.

Great news on your eye pressure results. Sorry about the uncertainty of the other eye news though. Will keep you and your 'eyeballs' in a special "God, please be there for our friend, windygap and her doctors" prayer.

Well, am using my wireless phone data plan to check in here as lightning seems to have burned out our computer modem/router. So best sign off before I use up the rest of my data time. All those computer words sound so smart, but I haven't a clue what they mean --just repeating what husband said to me. LOL So heading to the store to buy a new one of those thingys so he can install it and make the computer thing flash its lights again.

Hope your Saturday work went well and that you have a happy and a bit restful rest of the weekend. Will check in again soon, windygap!

35down-Joni
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #148

Way to go on the new low girl. I hope they figure out what is causing the eye issue!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Hey there girls.

I have been 153 for 3 days. That is unheard of for me to stay at a low number for 3 days in a row. All is well and am trying to forget the eye problem.

Busy counting my food and driving the bus. Hope all are doing well.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #150

OWN it then girl! I think you are doing GREAT!