Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Look at y ou go girl! I think NOT following during Vacation is a good idea!

Have a GREAT vacation girl! You deserve it. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it when you come back!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
thanks so much. I think I will just enjoy watching people there. That sounds easy.
No horseback rideing this year. See Ya! Good Luck to you and your son while I am gone. You are both doing great.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Just wanted to tell you I am enjoying reading your journal. I am just doing'no counting low carb'-just protein, no starch veggies, green salads and the like. So far so good. I am fascinated with the JUDDD plan though.

Anyway, wishing you a super 'take it easy-follow doctor orders' vacation and looking forward to reading of your adventure when you get back.
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #94

Windy, SEE YOU when you return!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Thanks 35down. I was doing what you are doing and it was not working any more. I was following strict making sure of no sugar anywhere. I followed for a year and lost 16lbs for the year. In 1999 I did the same thing and lost 80. I could not figure what was wrong. The doctor took me off it and said I was prediabetic. I did his diet and gained 10 lbs on the diabetic diet. He said I had droped 4 pts but I said but I gained 10 lbs. He thought I cheated I could tell so for this next 6 months I was going back to lowcarb but it was losing really slow and if I took a bite of any thing not lowcarb up the scales went. So several of the girls that was doing JUDDD were talking to me and I was seeing their results. I got to wondering what it was and could I do it with no excerise and still loose. Well I just love this diet so far. I have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks and 2 days. But I am leaveing for Tenn. tomorrow and I do not diet of vacation BECAUSE My sister is a size 4 I am a 14 go figure. She watches all she eats but lets loose on vacation some. So if I try to diet she fills funny about eating what she wants like donuts or at the pancake house. Or at the steakhouse. I have tried to diet and I could tell she was not enjoying her self because this is the only time she lets loose. So I eat what ever we want which includes picnics everyday after hikeing sitting by a creek and watching the water come down out of the Mts. I usually gain 8 to 10 lbs while I am there but I hold water bad. One week later I get on the scales and It all falls away and I am back where I left off from. That being said I am going to do that this year but can not hike up Mts. or ride horses. So I figure I better walk a lot in town to make up for the hikeing. Any how this way is so easy and freeing knowing I do not have to restrict my self every other day. I eat anything I want on up days but I do keep track of what I eat in a little note book and I try to hit 1612 which is my up no. On down days like today I can only have 322 which sounds like nothing but I eat some thing 3 times a day and It works for me or I drink 2 protin drinks dureing the day andbalance the rest with something that I know the exact number for so I do not go over by more then a few cal. I drink stuff all day and do not feel hungery. This is very odd for me because I have always had a fear of not having enough food to eat. I use to weight 219 before I lost 80 lbs. years ago. I have had to diet every year to try to keep it off. I have got as high as 180 and fought it back down. Weight Watchers is great but I can't afford it now that I am single. and besides I loose about 35 lbs then stall out every time. Low carb worked and I have went back and tried over and over for the last few years but the more you start over it quits working and you can be following it to the letter. I lost ins. every time but the numbers would not come off like it did the first time. By comeing here I have found a lot of people who has had the same thing happen. Don't get me wrong I love lowcarb. I would tell everybody about it who needs to loose. I have about 10 cookbooks with great ideas for meals. George Stella has great books out. I use to be on his site every day. In fact we all spent a weekend in Tenn. with him and he cooked for us all weekend. Had a blast.
The numbers just wont come off for some reason. It could be Meds. So I am trying JUDDD and will go back to it when I get home.

I see you live in Washington hows the weather there. WE have rain every day this summer and bad storms. Temp has been around 103 this week. Last summer we had no water all summer go figure.

If you need any help every one here will jump in and help you on any problem. Sorry if my Journal is boreing. I started it at the same time I was operated on to try to keep my mind off what I was going thru. This is my second eye surgery in 2 1/2 years and I was divorced 2 months when I had the first one. So I have been scared about supporting my self and this time the Dr. took my summer job away by doing this in June so I have been trying to pour my self in this diet and web site to keep be busy.

Hope to hear form you when I get back. If you want help with JUDDD while I am gone this week Carly, lowcarbgal, dawn, or Zippy2 will help you out. Or look up Dr. Johnson's alternative day diet. Don't let the dr. talk scare you. Its real simple all you have to do is get on his cal. site and figure your no. I had the girls tell me since my eyes were so bad at the time. You get a up day number and a down day one. Do not count excerize unless you do a lot of it. Go with the low numbers. Some people try to add more cal. by saying they move a lot and they don't then the weight does not come off as easy and they wonder why. Just start with a Down Day and use you protin drinks to make easy counting. Or count very carefully to you number. You do not have to eat up to that number but you do have to eat up to your up day number. If you don't eat all the cal.s on your up day there won't be enough room between your numbers to loose. You can do like I did and just try for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you. You do not have to buy the book all you need to do is read all the stickys at the top of the JUDDD page. I found the book at the store this week by accident and pd14.99 for it and I did not read any thing except some recipes that we don't already have on our site. Save you money and just get you numbers off his web site then come back here and start doing it. If you get stuck just get on a thread and ask any 0f the girls what you want to know and they will help you. Oh by the way don't try to over think this diet. I see several people doing that and it is so simple. DD eat no more then your low number. Up day eat until you hit that big number but don't over eat. Some girls start out at 500 and then go to there low number 2 weeks later. I started with my low number right off first day.

Well I better get off and do the wash, pack and get the yard mowed so I can leave. See you when I get home. Bye Monica I'll see you too when I get home. I hope you both loose great while I am gone.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #96

OH that is too kind of you to say WINDY! Just have fun....promise!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Yay for that extra pound gone! Hope you have a great vacation, and you're right: two Down Days and the vacation weight will be right back off.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sirtain,
So glad you stopped in. I did have a great time and ate the whole town out I think. I weight 158 the day I left because it was a up day and I had bounced from the day before and today 9 days later I am 162. That's 4 lbs plus the 2 I had already bounced that day so I am saying 6 lbs up. I will have that off in no time. I got back on yesterday and I am doing fine. I truly love this way of eating. I feel so much better when I have my DD days and I would never have thought I would say that.

Hi Monica' Yes I had a ball last week. I even hiked a little bit and it did not hurt me. No horses tho. I just ate my self silly bought books, oilpainting, pottery, and gift shoped all week. We tried to hike on flat land and it worked so I tried a easy trail and took 1 step at a time thanking God after each step for letting me see all his beautiful country. Before I knew it we were at the waterfalls and It was so beautiful. With all the rain they are having the creeks and falls are all overflowing and fast. I set and watched rafters float down one of the creeks while we ate a picnic lunch on the ground right on the edge of the water. I would loved to do it BUT I know the doctor would not approve of it either. So I just popped another cheeto puff in my mouth and dreamed of floating in the water. I behaved all week. I took 3 hikes slow and easy last week no pain or blurring of the eyes. I got in the pool but no swimming. We walked up town every night and sometimes during the day. That is a long walk all up hill so that helped keep me moveing all week. The smoke was coming of the Mts. the whole week . It was cool and rained an hour or two all but 2 days. We ran all morning and afternoon then it rained about 4 and we would go back out as soon as it stoped and run around until 11 every night when they shut the town up.

Hope every one is lighter and happy since I have been gone. More later.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #99

OH girl, that sounds like an amazing trip. So glad you have fun! YOU DESERVED it. Those pounds will be gone in NO TIME , I am sure!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Thanks I hope so. I am doing 2nd down day now and I feel so much better then last week.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Ok today is July 31 and I weight 159 today. I have 3 more lbs. to get to my lowest pt. and I have to be at 154 by Laborday for the challenge. So here goes.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #102

Oh you will get there, I JUST KNOW IT!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Well it is Aug.1st and I am 159 after a ud so I hope I drop some again tomorrow morning. I hope so too Zippy! So far so good. I have to go to work in 15 min. to bring some busses back form repair shops so they will be ready for the first day on Aug. 21. See you all later.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #104

First day of school here is 08/14. Less than 2 weeks left of summer break
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Yes my grand kids always start before I do out in Larned Ks. They say it is because they start earlier due to bad winters? That is what the other grandma says anyway. I have a big trip of 135miles to bandcamp sunday. Then 135 back. That's a long trip for us. They are going to a different camp this year. Sunday is double time for me so this is a good trip. I need it after not being aloud to work my summer job after 24 years and getting $1000.00 worth of bills for the operation while I was on vacation. I just love this new health plan.################## The last time I only paid out about 150. Isn't insurance wonderful now that we have this new health care plan. It is the same plan I had the 1st time. I already payed out over 300 before I left and 100 before they would operate. LOVE It love it LOVE IT.

Well I got on the scales and I am 158. The same as I was last Sat before I left on vacation. All trip weight off. Now 2 more for the 2 lb. bounce I had that morning and I am down to my lowest weight. Next week is my 45 reuion . So I hope I will be lower for that night. I love this plan. See all of you later lighter.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #106

Look at you already back to pre-vacation weight! GREAET JOB! Enjoy your bus trip Sunday, double time is always nice!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Sounds like you had a great trip. Your waterfall "careful" hike and watching the rafters sounded like a peaceful, relaxing day--and a picnic to boot. Glad you were able to come back and jump into your weight loss plan. Good for you!

Husband and I got up today and decided to take a little trip ourselves. It has been such a hectic summer so far. So we packed up a few things and drove to the Washington coast to do a little beach walking and watch the charter boats come in. The weather is suppose to be a little cool and dry. Got here around midnight, but not able to get to sleep yet. Soon though, I am sure.

Thanks for the JUDDD info. Have been working it a bit in combo with low carb. I lost three more pounds right away, but have pretty much stayed the same since. A lunch at a buffet was a mistake on an up day but I did only eat low carb things--just way too many calories.

Back to work you are you said and a big bus drive coming up. Sorry your new insurance plan doesn't cover as much as it use to. The school districts near us all seem to be starting the year in September. I will be 'day caring' for the two oldest grandsons getting them ready for school and to the bus stop. The last couple years I also watched my two littlest grandsons during the school year but they just moved. I am happy their mom and dad got good jobs, but wish they weren't two hours away. Sure miss them.

Well, windygap, I guess I talked enough in your journal pages. Take care of those eyes and keep up the good losing weight journey.

35down
Old 08-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hey Monica. It is comeing off. 158 so far! I will weight in tomorrow. Hope yours fall off as fast.

35down. That is great that you are trying JUDDD! I decided not to do lowcarb with it and glad I did. I do still try to cut back on carbs and sub on recipes. Like my chocolate chip scones I use carbquick , splenda brown sugar andSf choc chips. I sub like that when I can other then that I turn down bread,rolls and biscuits at the rests. I love being able to eat what I want as long as I count it. The weight won't come off if I count like 1200 cal. every day. I had tried that several times at different cals levels. It only works if I do it every other day like JUDDD. So glad I have found this way of eating.

Your trip sounds so great!!!!! I would love to do that. Before I got divorced in 2010 I use to have a husband who loved to take quick trips on a mins. notice every where. That was before he became a full fledged Alcohallic. I know that is not spelled right but you get the idea. When we met in 1990 we ran like that for 3 years before we got married. It was nothing for him to get up at 6am and say pack a over nite bag we are off to a state 2 over. We had some wild travels. I do wish that bottle had not took over but that is another story that don't need told. But I do miss those wild quick trips.
I so hope you enjoy yours and you have to come back and tell me about it so I can live thru your story. Hope when I get over the not trusting men stage I am in now that I meet some one who likes those trips again. Right now I am happy just going once a year to the Mtns. with my sister. We have no man yelling at us and trying to control us. She is ready to find one but not me. HEHEHEHE!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Aug. 4th and I just got on the scales and I am at 157. One more and all extra lbs. are off. Then I have to get to 154 by Labor day. Off to band camp.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #110

How was BAND camp??? Did you get there back no issues?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

My bus broke down before we left the school So had to go change buses while every one waited. We left 45 min. late and then a girl needed the rest room because of bladder infe. so we had to pull off at a exit that had a bathroom 3 miles away. Then when we got there the girls potty was over flowing so they had to use the guys I guess. We got to the school late so the campus had to hold up dinner for the kids but all were safe and we got back home safe. They thought the trip would be about 5 hours and ended up being almost 8. We got to the buses that morning a 12:15 AND GOT BACK 8:45 pm. we were very tired and cramped up by that point. But kids got there fine and we got back fine.

I had to drive to Cincinnati yesterday to eye doctor. the results are on Aug. chat thread.
This is a busy week have to vote for school leavy and go get this years routes today so we can bid on them next Monday. Tomorrow we have training for 4 hours for swat training in case any one kidnaps our buses. Thur. have a small trip to the next town for volleyball and then Sat. in 45th class reunion. What a week.

At lowest point so on too 154 for the Labor day Chall. See you all tomorrow. EYEs are tired. So I will close for today. Have to rest the eyes as much as I can and this computer makes them tired. Hugs and Kisses to all. Zippy how is your son doing?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #112

OH Girl, your Sunday sounds stressful! You get paid for all those hours, right???

Rest up girl! We will see you tomorrow. DS14 is doing great. He was off plan all last week due to vacationing with my parents, but he jumped right back on yesterday~
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Goodness-what a band camp drive day you had! Read of your eye results. wish the pressure news had been better for you. Anyway, do rest those eyes. Chat with you another day.

35down
Old 08-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi Monica and 35down,

Glad to hear your son enjoyed his vacation and I know he will do fine getting back on. Yes we do get paid double time for sunday so that was a good paying job. Have another one today. Its just a little paying one but that is better then nothing all summer. We did swat training yesterday for 4 hours yesterday with 700 other drivers. We now know to grab a hijackers gun if we are close enough to prevent getting shot, Climb out a 2nd story window of a school if a shooter is in the hall with gun. and other ways of stopping or slowing down a shooter or highjacker. Wont go into details on here for safety reasons.

I was very tired eye wise yesterday. Had to take small hour long rest in recliner when I got home. I guess with both eyes operated on they get tired a lot quicker. Or I still have not got fully recovered yet.

I have all vacation weight off but so far have not droped any more weight yet. 2 DD and no I guess my body is resting from vacation. I checked inches and I had lost 7 1/2 inches the first month. This past month I lost none. I hope that is due to vacation too. I know if I be good it will take off again soon.

I have to drive for volleyball today and then get ready tomorrow for my 45th reunion Sat.
I hope all loose well today! See ya!

Oh 35 I about forgot how was your trip to the shore.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #115

OH Windy - enjoy your volleyball trip today and how exciting your 45th reunion on Saturday. I went to 1 of my reunions at the 20 year and plan to never go back again! Same old crap as High School! ARGH!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

I under stand. We have a lot of that too Monica. I think we are getting so old and know how many have died in the last 5 years that that might change some peoples feelings. We are just thankful we are here to attend.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Hi windygap! Our ocean trip was really nice. Great weather! We fished off the pier and watched the boats and waves. The charter boats brought in some big salmon, ling cod, and a tuna derby was going on with fisherman donating their catch to the food bank.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast at the VFW hall with a Coast Guard veteran who lives at the rv park connected to the motel we stayed at. We met him a few years ago. He has amazing stories to tell of the years serving and traveling on ice cutters. This year he showed us an album of pictures. Great to spend time with him.

Also nice to see so many people in the town and the charter boats seemed to be running pretty full. The economy there has been pretty down these last few years and lots of little mom and pop cafes are not there any more.

Anyway, a good time was had by all. Thanks for asking.

So a couple questions for you if you don't mind. I was wondering the reason for your eye surgery and if the low pressure issue is a common side effect of the surgery. And also wondering what size bus you drive-passenger wise. I am in awe of you school bus drivers. I don't even like to drive our pick-up.LOL

Hope your JUDDD kicks in again soon so your weight loss journey down continues. Also hope to hear about your 45th reunion.

Taken up enough of your journal again. Thank you. Have a great weekend and rest those eyes.

35down
Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Dear Diary,

Last night I went to my 45th reunion and ended up dancing with the cutest guy in our class for the last slow dance. This just so happens to be the same little boy I had a crush on back in the 60's incase you have forgotten diary. Dust your self off and go back a few thousands pages and you will see where I entered this fact when I first met him.

I was so shocked I could hardly think to say yes!!!!! Oh yes I remember he is married but he still asked me to dance. I never dreamed in a million years I would ever get to slow dance with him. Made my year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes I also bought Vera Wang white size10 straight leg jeans for this event. I wear 14's but got into these and fainted in the dressing room. I would have missed the reunion if the sales girl had not woke me up in time.

I can't wait for the 50th when I am going to weight 125. Of course I will be at goal by then and doing maint. Maybe I'll get another dance!

35 now that my feet are almost back to earth I will try to remember the answers. First of all thanks for your trip info. It sounded like heaven. Wish I could have seen it. Oh by the way we had atleast 2 members of our class come from your great state to the reunion. WOHOOOOO!!!!!

I have a tear duct in both eyes that grew together way too early in life. This usually happen at age 70's but my first one did it at 59. I had that one operated on in 2010 and I lost from 22 down to 1. This is not the way it is to go. So I have had to be real
carefull since. This time we went from 19 down to 1/2. Not good. The water from your tears build up behind you eyes and that is what causes the number to go up. They go in and make a tunnel just above the colored part of your eye in the white part and go from front to back so the water can get out. Mine is comeing out too fast and that is why thenumbers are so low. No it is not normal. So that is why I could not boogy last night with the girls.

I drive all the busses in the fleet which goes from a 9 passenger specialneeds to our 74passenger ones. Right now I will be bidding on a 62? Passenger I think. Its 60 something but it is special needs so my seats are missing in the back for room for 3 wheel chairs. I have been driving for 32 years and have been driving special needs for maybe 8 or 10 of those years. I have lost count of that. I also drive a full size big John Deer mowing tractor for the schools in the summer. I am talking the big field ones not a little one. But I could not this year after 24 years due to surgery. I hope to be better next spring and I can go back to it.

My Juddd did kick in yesterday I droped down to 155 buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
I ate steak,potatoes,greenbeans,roll and NewYork Cheesecake with a glass of wine and a cup of coffee to top the night off so I got up with a 3 lb.gain today. But I figure you only have a 45th reunion once in you life and it was my legal up day so I will be careful for the next couple of days. I got to be 154 by Labor day so I got to keep going. Thanks for stopping by. I love to talk to you girls. Oh I forgot my sister came over to give me about 50 pictures of our Mt walks and they are all great. You can see all of the falls and creeks gushing. The pictures of the artist gallery we went to all came out great too Even the ones of the 70 some year old Artist.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #119

WINDY, I am so happy for you! A dream come true indeed! I am so happy you had a great time. Did you get to see everyone you wanted to see? I am sure you loved being there and ALL enjoyed seeing you! I am sure you are still on Cloud 9!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Back down to 155 today. Cheese cake and wine did not stay on. Yes Monica I had the best time so far and I think a lot of that had to do with not having to take a alke husband with me. It was so nice to see every one and not have to worry what he was saying or doing. And no I haven't come down to cloud 9 yet I am still on number22 so far. HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!