Old 06-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Prayer does work!

Hi all'

I can just barely see this with operated eye but will try to get a message out.
First of all THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING OUR PRAYERS AND BRINGING MY EYE PREASURE BACK. Good news yesterday My son drove me back down to Cincy again. Could only read 20/50 in right eye. Wed it was 20/40 so I was a little worried to hear preasure numbers. They was 0/0 in both eyes but the doctor said they had jumped up to 5 in first operated eye and 10 in Tuesdays
operated eye. Thank you to all who sent a prayer up. Even the doctors could not get the 5 eye to go up for the last 2 years and it went up 5 pts. That proves that God is better then the doctors any day of the week. I know that he uses them to do his work some times but they were stumped on that eye and told me there was no more hope for it to come up. I guess we just proved them wrong. HEHE! WE don't want the 10 eye to go past 13 if posiable. That is where we are aiming for.

Yes the game was great. You had a big ride here. Sounds like you had a great time. I loved watching the river boats as the sun was setting as much as the game. There was a nice breeze and the sun making pretty colors on the river. I am a water nut any way. Hope you are having a great week end Repto girl!

Thank you Zipp for the I sure needed it. I am out of the danger zone for now. Lets hope I stay that way. The doctors said some times the people never get their preasure back so I am jumping for joy that mine came back. Now I just have to wait for all the swelling to go down so I can see better.

Today is my sons 41st. birthday. I baked his cake and I think it looks ok. If not they will eat it any way because my sister is bringing home made icecream so that will erase any mistake I made on the cake I was not going to try to have a dinner because of what I am going thru but I found hot dogs in fridge and mac and cheese fixens so I called every body and said don't eat before you come. There will be dogs on the grill. I walked down to the gasstation down the street and got buns, beans, and chips so we are set.

Hope all have a great Fathers day tomorrow. Love ya all Judy
Thank you
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Well I have decided to try Juddd. I have read a lot in the last few days so I am going to give it a try. What have I got to loose but weight right. It sounds good that I might be able to eat some carbs again and not gain. I am on my 1st DD. So far so good.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions. I love JUDDD! SO glad your eye's are doing well. Happy birthday to your SON! He's close to my age, actually, I will be 43 later this year!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I am so glad your eyes are improving, so many people don't believe in prayer I have seen god do amazing things all you have to do is ask, and ask and ask some more!!!! and I am glad you have started juddd, it is not the quickest weight loss but I have an average of 3 pounds a week, some weeks I lost nothing, I held the same pound for 2 weeks and whooshed, main thing is just not to give up on it, I love it for the freedom, and forgiveness of the plan, I had 2 days that were neither up or down in a row and still kept my new low weight through it. On your up days get as close to your up day calories as you can, that part is so important!!! I also weigh daily on it, because you might drop 2 pounds but then the next day it might be up, so it doesn't look like you have but weighing everyday u know u have and will see it again. That's really the best advice I can give you is eat and have patience and know that the scale will bounce like mad, and enjoy the ride
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Girls. I love hearing from all of you. This is the first time I am home for a summer in 24 years so I am going to be lost. Home every day and can't do any thing but eat and sleep so far. This new JUDDD life will give me something to look at all day. I figure it will take me all summer to read all these threads. HEHE!

Thanks for the prayers. I go tomorrow and am driving my self down there. My mom is having a fit over that. She says the Doctor is crazy letting me drive in one week. But I have asked both Dr. and they agree. so I am going to try. I will be very careful. All the rules to this surgery has changed in the last 2 1/2 years.

That's neat that you are almost the same age as my son. Of course that ages me. HEHE!!! Who cares, you have to get old sometime right. I don't feel it so that's ok with me.

I have 1612 to work with today and have used 300 so far so I need to sit down and plan the rest of the day so I get them all in like you all say.

It blows my mind that we have so many people all over the world on this site. I still can't get use to the concept of the computer and enternet. I guess I am old fashioned.
That is what my ex kept saying. I did not want one for years. So this is a big step for me to join in and talk to every one.

Here's to a good day to all.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #67

Have a great day girl! If the DR's say you can drive, no need to question it.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Well I just got back form Cincinnati for my first time since surgery and did ok. Stopped at store to get a few things and of course they did not have every thing so had to go on down the street to another store for 2 things. I feel like a wooped cat right now. I am about to fall asleep and it is only 8 pm. It sure took a lot out of me.

Eyes are doing ok. Preasure went from 5/10 to 2/3 which is not good but he said its going up and down because of the swelling in my eye. Read ok so I drop 2 eye meds and come back in 9 days. It will take that long for me to recover from today!

JUDDD is doing ok. day 4 done. See you all tomorrow when I will not be so tired. Judy
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #69

I hope you got a bunch of rest last night. I am sure your traveling wiped you out! Check in when you can!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Hi there,

Last night was not good. awake most of the night. This sleeping flat on my back with head straight up is for the birds. I was way too tired and could not get settled at all. I bet I kicked the cat off me 100 times last night. He knew I was not feeling well and was trying to help but it was only making things worse.

But day 4 over and doing 3rd DD day and doing fine.

I lc edge drink 110 cal
tonight I will have a Turkey egg mcmuffin from ww 210
That totals me out for the day. I think the mcmuffin will fill me up at the end of the day.
Green ice tea , water and diet coke the rest of the time.

This is realy kind of easy. I am not going to look until 4th of July so I just hope it is working. Maybe my next goal will be Labor Day. Sounds good any how.

Thanks for droping by. You and your son are doing so good. I got the idea of looking in my frozen dinners from you and found the muffin was kinda low so I will watch for more low ones when I can go big shopping.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Well today makes day 7. I can't wait to see the scales on or around the 4th. I will weight in after a DD like every one says they do. 166 was my high point with out water pills. My weight can bounce form 159 to 166 in a day or two. It rocks like that all the time since they took me off the pills. So It is no pills now and I was up to 166 so we will see where I go. It will be great if this way of eating stops the bounceing. To day is a DD so I will eat all my 322 toward the evening today. I don't know what is happening and I don't want to eat any cal. and not have any latter on if we decide to do any thing.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Well today is 1st day of 2nd week. Had a great dd yesterday. Stayed right on with the numbers. Can't wait until the 4th to see how I am doing. So far I have 820 left for up day. Trying to clean windows today. I have 4 inside and out. I am talking the old kind that you have 8 sides of glass for each window. Got 3 more and then the slideing glass door and the picture window to go. Hope all are doing well.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #73

Sounds like you are doing really well! KEEP IT UP!!!!!! You will be pleased with the numbers, I just know it
Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Monica. Do you have a chipotle near you. It is mex. and if you get on their site you can calculate your cal and carbs just by checking off what you told them to put in. The girl told me to go to the site to get info. and I found this out. I was shocked because I thought I had so much more cal. It turned out I only had 480. This just made my day. I still had 600 to go when I got home. I love this new way of eating. I am so glad I got so curious how you and a few others were eating. It took me awhile to understand it but I think I am doing ok.

My eye is doing ok I think. It was real fuzzy one day. I have drove 3 times so far and had very little trouble seeing. I go Friday to find out how preasure is this week and how reading is. Some days I can others its harder. Some days I read with 2 eyes on this board and other days I am a one eyed pirate. HEHE!!!

This is up day and I can see good enough to drive so I am going to Chipotle and have that 480 salad. Hope you have a great day.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #75

OH Yes, I love Chipotle, it is Gluten Friendly and we go there regularly. I was just there last Friday as a matter of fact.

ENJOY your salad!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Oh believe me I did. I just wish this was a up day so I could get one when I go to the doctors in a hour. But there is always tomorrow right. I think to day is day 13 and doing fine so far. I have been hitting the high no. ok so far. I keep reminding my self to hit the top no. and don't worry if I don't hit the bottom. You can go lower just don't go over. I have been trying to keep my mind off it for the last few days. The more I think about it while I am home recouperating the more I am hungry. So trying to keep the mind off it.

Going to Doctor again today. This is the 5th time in 2 weeks. It sure is eating the gas up. It's a 45 min drive in heavy traffic. I don't like it but both Dr. moved back to the eye institute. so I have to go down there. I guess I better get going. I may stop on the way home and have my nails put back on. I had to take them off for surgery and was going to wait till school starts to put them back on but I think it might pick me up out of the blues. Trying to not waist money but have been so down maybe this is just what I need to change my mood.

See you later Judy
Old 06-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I went to the Doc Fri. and was told reading is 25 in operated eye. The preasure has droped to 3 in unoperated eye and 1 in operated one. They both need to be up near 10 so this is not good news for right eye other then I do not have to put drops in all the time now except for the one that is droping the swelling. Oh and I do not have to go to the big city for 3 more weeks. That was good news. 5 times in 2 weeks is enough.

I had my nails done yesterday. I could not stand to look at the mess they are after You take them off. I was not going to spend the extra money until the end of the summer but since I don't have to hire the yard to be mowed all summer I decided to make my self
feel better and put them back on. Also my sister and I decided to go on our Gatlinburg
vacation this year again. She called and got the reservation this morning. I have been holding on to my tax money so I could go if this summer off did not eat it up. So far so good so I oked it. That will give me something to look forward to.

The 4th of july will soon be here and I will post my first drop on JUDDD! I hope I have one. Clothes are not looser so far. But I feel lighter so we will see. After that if it is working I will use Labor Day as my next goal date. I don't want to look at the scales because my water retention is so bad I would give up right away if I saw it going up and down every day.

I feel a lot freer on this diet. DD are not too bad. UP D are great. Doesn"t feel like a diet too bad. This is the easiest diet I have tried so far and also the least constrictive.
Can't wait to see what happens. See you tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #78

It's like only having to diet 1/2 the time. I mean, what you have to give up today....you can have / plan for tomorrow. Unlike any other plan I have ever been on, it is not TOTAL deprivation! I hope your pressure in your eyes continue to improve
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

You are so right. I love only dieting 1 day at a time. I am glad I got to wondering what JUDDD was all about from listening from you. I just weighted in for my first time and I have went from 166 to 159. Not bad for about 1/2 a month. I am sold on this too! I will keep trying. Your son is showing me how to do it. Happy 4th tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

well it the for sure weight. 159 3 days in a row. So Here I go again no peaking until labor day. If I watch the scales I go crazy. I have vacation in the middle of July so I don't know good I will do but will jump right in afterwards. Got my fingers and toes crossed for a good next month. Hope all had a great 4th.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Sunday is here and all is well. I think it has rained every day for weeks so far. Not complaining thow. It did not rain at all last summer so I would like it this way better. At least all is green and growing. Today is down day so have to be careful. Yesterday I ate a piece of my sisters lime bunt cake. It seemed so funny to eat a piece and not panic that I will not have to work a week to get it off or get the carbs started again. I think I will like this diet. 7 down and 34 to go.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Oh my God I just saw a number I have not seen in years. I checked the scales because on my up day I had a piece of my sisters cake that I could not have on my down day and I had also bought a mush melon and a watermelon for the holiday. I have not had much of either in the last couple of years because of the sugar in both. Believe it or not but watermelon makes me gain usually. Because I hold water so bad. I just got on the scales because I had some melon two days in a row and the cake and the scales droped 2 lbs. I weighted 157. I got off and on a couple of times because I did not believe it. I bet its been atleast 5 years since I have seen that number come to think of it. Ok no more peeking at the scales. Just was worried about how my body was handling the melons. If I keep watching the scales I will get on a rollercoaster ride if you know what I mean. 157 Holly Moley!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

To day is DD so I have not had food yet. This sounds hard for beginers but it is not so hard as it sounds and no I am not obsessing on food either. I guess I am getting use to it. So far I am not obsessing on food either day. Just eating what I want on ud and going on with life like its no big deal. So far I have lost 9 lbs in less then a month How cool is that!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Just went thru a good up day and weight 159 again. Not going to worry because I know I ate right numbers and weighted and measured right so this is a Carly bounce as I will call it after reading her bounce sheets this morning. I feel great. Just out of sorts because I am not doing my summer job for the first time in 24 years do to the operation. I am use to killing my self mowing on big tractor. I am talking field tractor not yard kind. Also we cut trees down and hual away. Clear fence rows down fields and weed eat with gas weedeaters. Then at about now we cut all the bushes for 9 schools and spray poision on all the drive ways and cracks in the sidewalks so as you can see no wonder I am lost this summer just sitting around while my eye heals back up. It doesn't help that it has rained every day since June 11th almost and I am not kidding. All this could be why I am not sleeping. I am going stir crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you tomorrow
Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #85

OH you are really doing great! Don't let that JUDDD bounce get to you! Enjoy your down time girl! A little R&R is what everyone needs!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Thanks I will. It sure does seem odd to be home all summer. You and your son are sure giving me the push to keep going. Not going to look for awhile again. I looked today and I am back down to 157 so may not look again until I go on vacation. I might do a before and after thing like Carly. That way I will know how my body handled it. Then on to the Labor Day challenge. I have 2 out of 5 off but like I said I leave next sat. for a week that I am going to enjoy my self and not diet. We hike a lot in the Mtns. And I don't think I can do that on 322 cal. a day. I would be ok on up day. I always stop dieting that week come home 8 to 10 lbs heaver and by the next sat; I have lost it all. It does that on ww or lowcarb so we will see what happens on JUDDD. Who knows maybe I won't gain as much this time? Either way we hike enough to work it off. Like I said it takes a week and I am down to where I started and It is so good to not worry about dieting on vacation. I am for sure getting right back on when I get home. I love this way of eating. So glad I got nosey about what you carly and dawn and lowcarbgal was doing to loose so much in such a short time. God bless all of you. You guys have been a God send in this time of recovery. I can only talk to the cats so much and then the neighbors start talking about me. HEHEHE!!!! Time to eat lunch Bye

w
Old 07-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I have become a daily weigher while JUDDDing. The numbers do go up and down so much that if I happened to hit a high number on a weekly or monthly weigh-in, I know I would be crushed. So, I track daily, and also have a two-day average weight line that does more of a gentle slope downward. It really works for me, in that I have become more detached from any upward bounces. I just accept them now, and don't worry.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

So sorry I just found your post sirtain. Thanks for the information. I have been on the site every day. I have been busy reading as much as I can and getting ready for vacation. The last 2 days I have read this site for a long time and when my eyes get tired I sign off and then I remember I forgot to post on my journal. That being said I am here first today. HEHE!!!!

I have started weighting in every morning and marking the calendar. I saw Carlys charts and decided to see if mine is doing like hers.

Monica I went to get a new counter book and found Dr. Johnson's book. The boy said they did not have any and according to the computer the book does not come out till December. They had a lot of people waiting on a list to get first copys. He ask if I wanted to sign up and I said no. I thought that was odd because I see all the time that girls say they have got their book and are reading it. So after I found my new counter book I looked on the next shelf and there was all these big books standing there with a tiny book squished inbetween . Guess what? You guessed right. It was a 2008 copy of our book. I had a good smile on my face as I walked to the counter. I have read the last half of the book 2 times in the last 2 days. I am half way threw the reasons why it works. I was so excited to find it.

I am going on vacation sat. July 20 and will be back on the 27th. I had decided not to diet on vacation. We will be hikeing in the Mts. every day and I don't think I can do that on 322 cal on DD. I will be right back on the diet when I get home. I love it and know that 2 rotations and I will be back on. Any way I also know if it is ww or Atkins diet I go off come home 8 to 10 lbs gained and at the end of the next week I am right back to my starting weight before the vacation. I have learned all the hikeing catches up with me a week later for some reason. You would think it would work that week but it does not for me.

I love eating this way. It is so freeing to know nothing is a no no. The next day it is a yes yes. I think I may have found my woe finally. I even keep a food journal every day and I have never been able to do that. usually after a few days I quit. I have kept one for a month now every day.

I have to get ready to drive to Cincinnati this morning. Dr. day oh joy!!!

See all of you tomorrow. Thanks Sirtain for stopping in.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Oh by the way I for got to say I am still at 157 9 lbs down for a month.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

WooW! I just got on the scales this morning and guess what? Down another lb. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes 10 lbs in 4weeks and2days. That is unheard of for me unless I was doing ww and moveing my body. Well right now I can not do either one. I am out of work this summer due to eye surgery. Which means I CAN NOT AFFORD WW. And my eye preasure is so low that I can not excersize either. I went to the Dr. last night and he said I can not walk up any Mts. on vacation. I can only sit by pool with legs propped up. Can.t even do any big shopping. Can't carry the bags. I only have a pressure of 1. It should be about 10 to 13. Any strain could cause me to loose my vision for life. So no Mt. walking for me this year. Darn!

Any how like I said earlier I lost 1 more lb. on JUDDD! I am now 156. I have never been able to get this low by my self. What am I saying! I am not by my self I have you all rooting me own and giving me pointers. Thank you every one who reads this weather you stop in or just lurk like I do some times. I know its all your prayers that is helping me dureing my healing time.

I got 4 hrs sleep finally last night. That makes 3 nights where I have finally gotten a little sleep. The Dr. said there should be no reasons for the bad head pain or only 1 hr. sleep at night. Go figure. I was hopeing he could tell me what was going on.

Starting Sat. July 20 I will be off computer until the 28th.

Thanks again every body. I will fight vacation weight when I get back. I am going to enjoy my self and not worry about any thing while gone. Bye Monica!