Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 05:17 AM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
thank you so much lola. Some times I don't feel like I am doing any special.

I am trying to decide weather to go back to JUDDD and if so What numbers to start with. The old ones I was on or the new ones Dr. Johnson says I should be at. Or go with higher numbers like some of the girls are doing now. I want to go back but just don't know where to start. .
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Following a few months of somewhat careless abandon regarding calories from fat I finally worked up the nerve to get on the scale this morning. Oh, what a revolting development! Yikes. But I needed that jolt of reality. I've been trying to recover from over-indulgence by focusing on meat and cutting out practically all veggies for a while (inspired by a meat only thread here). I'm actually eating mainly meat and eggs right now. I realized after my encounter with the scales that for the last few months I've been eating a larger dinner than I should so starting today I'm returning to a soup of broth and pork and hot pepper for my dinner. I hope you can figure out the best number combo for your JUDDD approach. Is it sort of a trial and error matter?

Well, out to chase squirrels away from the bird feeder. Pesky little cuties.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I am going to jump back on JUDDD 04/21! What numbers are you considering? Maybe make it easy for yourself? When I start back, I will try 2000/600
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh, your crazy weather Judy! You must have to change clothes about 4 times a day!

I can't wait to hear what you decide to do, calorie and plan-wise. I learn so much from everyone by just watching and reading.

Have a great day!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Lola don't you harm those cute things. HEHEHE!!!! I use to have 2 white ones at my other house. love them. They are so much fun to watch.

Sorry that the scales did not agree with you. I fully understand. On JUDDD we usually go by Dr. Johnson's web site numbers but I stalled out after Christmas so I don't know where to start. Some of the girls start high but I am lower then them so I am afraid to go that high because I start gaining. So I went and ask the girls who have been doing this for awhile and they are telling me from their trials what they think. So far they think I should use the Dr. numbers. I would love to do like Monica and carol is doing and start in the 2000 but when I do I go right up. So we will see I will start Mon. some where. In the mean time I am counting numbers and carbs.

Monica, I start This Monday. I got my fingers crossed for all of us starting over. I just need to find numbers that work for me. I would give anything to use the numbers that you and carol are using.

Carol, So far the vote is lower numbers on the web site for JUDDD. I will keep an open mind till Sunday night and then decide 100%.
Today you only have to wear rain gear. It has poured all day. When I was in walmart I thought the roof was going to cave in. It sounded so bad. We have swelled creeks, ditches over their banks little lakes all over our yards. This summer we will wish we had this.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
I tried Juddd, but could not stop eating on the up days and had no control on the down days either.. I needed something more even.. Oh and I ate all the wrong foods too..
Hope it works for you though.. just give a try and see..
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Judy...I hate rain as well, but prefer it to snow lol....wishing you well on Judd though, I really wish I could have done that as I loved my up days lol, but I became food obsessive and couldn't stop eating, but it works out great for a lot of people, hope your rain goes away soon, here we have cloudy skies and no sunshine as of yet but I am sitting here hoping it makes some kind of appearance today....hope you are enjoying your holiday still.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Judy - we have white squirrels here too! I haven't seen them this winter, but they usually live in the trees in our side yard.

It's the weekend!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:49 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody. Yes it has poured all night. Bad storm at 4am with lots of 4th of July fire works. The cats were scared to death. They liked to ripped my quilt and sheet up trying to get off the bed fast enough. Everyone hid under the footstool of my recliner for a couple of hours. I almost went to ask if they had room for me under there. Now it is just pouring and we have a flood warning out till 2pm today. I have to drive for a baseball game today do you think it will go out?

Jeanne I did great on JUDDD while it was working. Hope it kicks in this time. I can not stay too low or I would stop my matab. I did a high day yesterday on purpose and am doing a low today trying to keep it guessing what I am doing.I went up to 147 this morning but know most of that is water. I had a bag of popcorn to top off the day on purpose. I also had to add yougart back in the last 3days My body has to have it for yeast infection and every time I eat it I go up no matter how low I go.

Sandy hope the sun comes out there. It is not here at all today. Take a long walk if you can . You love those walks. I have my fingers crossed this time will work. You are doing great and I know you are going to keep on dropping. I will still be checking on you girls and rooting you own.. Guess what I saw spring flowers in bloom in town yesterday. And my purple ones has one plant blooming too.

Daisy I am greedy I want the white ones!!! I don't have any out in the country. They are all brown. Hope you have a great day food wise today. I have to be good today after a blow out yesterday. But it was a planed one so I can handle it today. Have a great day and fun weekend.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:53 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Good Luck going back to JUDDD! Sometimes I think my style of eating is an up day / down day sort of diet. But not officially JUDDD. I usually aim for 700-800 calories each day, but when I get up to 900 on any given day - I try to really watch it the next day and reduce whatever to keep it around 700. Sometimes I see a change on the scale, sometimes I don't. In the long run, I just think we all need to find what works best for us to get us to where we want to be.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #611
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Judy - what numbers are you using? I am not sure the low numbers are wise. You should use numbers you can stick with.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #612
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome back to JUDDD Judy! I hope, like Monica said, that you can find numbers that work for your losing, but still satisfy you. I think that's what we're all looking for. I never wanted to be forever on a restrictive diet. I hope you can find that sweet spot! Let us know how it goes for you.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls, sorry I am so late writing. I have been at a retirement meeting all morning then we stopped at a birthday for our boss this afternoon. First I found out I am not going to be forced to retire in 2017 which is what we were told about 6 months. So I can work as long as my health and eyes hold up. Then I found out I can file for my first husbands retirement SSI when I hit 66 which is 2 more years and they will not off balance it with my retirement. That was good news because I was told a couple of years ago that I could not get anything unless I made under 14000 a year. So I had good news all the way around.

The party was great. It was a 50th Birthday Tea Party at a little chapel in the woods. It was real nice setting. There was a pond and a gazebo on a dock in the pond. Every one was to bring there tea cup and saucer. It was a lot of fun.

Susan I was doing the same thing but was bounceing my numbers higher then you because I did not want to go too low and stop the Matab. I am ready to go back to JUDDD if my body is ready. I hope so.

Monica and Carol I am going to try 1532 up 306 down. Because I am so short I have to go lower then some of you. Carly says she does 1550 and 200. Leo says she does close to my new numbers or she can't loose either. So I am going try for 4 weeks and if that does not work I will try higher. I tried higher from Jan. to March and never could find where I could loose. No matter what numbers I tried I would go up instead of down. So I will try this and hope it works if not I will try some other numbers. I did not have a problem not wanting to do the lower number I went back after Christmas had a gain. Did 2 rotations and had all the Christmas weight off and said ok here goes we are on the way down now and then bamm I hit the brick wall. No weight loss for 3 months. So I gave my body a month to recover and am ready to try again. When I quit JUDDD I was at 144 today I am 145 so I have managed to keep the weight off.

Hope every one has a great weekend! Weather is cool but nice and sunny.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Glad you had good news about retirement options, Judy. And glad you enjoyed the party.

We've had a beautiful day here too. Started out cool and sunny but warmed up and I spent some time outdoors just relaxing and reading. What a joy. The trees are starting to green up. Once they start to show the beginnings of those green leaves it always progresses very quickly and every year we are astounded by how quickly they leaf out. What a beautiful time of year it is. I plan to enjoy it while I can as I know that all too soon we will be somewhat overwhelmed by insects, heat and humidity and (especially unpleasant the last couple of years) an incredible amount of (believe it or not) caterpillar poop which swamps every inch of our deck, outdoor furniture, and my hair if I go out. Yuck. I'm not making this up. It lasts about 3 weeks or so and is nasty, nasty. Anyway, I'm going to get my jollies outside while the beauty lasts and I will enjoy every minute. I hope you also will enjoy every minute of your weekend.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Glad you had good news about retirement options, Judy. And glad you enjoyed the party.

We've had a beautiful day here too. Started out cool and sunny but warmed up and I spent some time outdoors just relaxing and reading. What a joy. The trees are starting to green up. Once they start to show the beginnings of those green leaves it always progresses very quickly and every year we are astounded by how quickly they leaf out. What a beautiful time of year it is. I plan to enjoy it while I can as I know that all too soon we will be somewhat overwhelmed by insects, heat and humidity and (especially unpleasant the last couple of years) an incredible amount of (believe it or not) caterpillar poop which swamps every inch of our deck, outdoor furniture, and my hair if I go out. Yuck. I'm not making this up. It lasts about 3 weeks or so and is nasty, nasty. Anyway, I'm going to get my jollies outside while the beauty lasts and I will enjoy every minute. I hope you also will enjoy every minute of your weekend.

Had to comment on your caterpillar poop! Are they making white webby looking nests in your trees? Those are "tent caterpillars" and will eat all the leaves off your trees. You can destroy the nests with a very forceful blast from the water hose or you can tear the nest down if you can reach them.
Then make sure to stomp the heck out of the wad of baby caterpillars. They are bad, bad, bad. But maybe I'm wrong.....but I just tore one out of my ornamental cherry tree today and had to comment .
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Judy! Your day was busy! Informative and pleasant! And you have your weight loss journey figured out! Way To Go!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Garden, I know exactly what those awful tent caterpillars are...at least I know what their 'tents' look like as we get some of them here too. But the ones which inundate us with poop are a different variety although I can't remember at the moment what they are called. However, they also are voracious and eat loads and loads of leaves on the trees and bushes (hence the extraordinary amount of poop). Our deck lies under a lot of trees which is why it becomes unusable for almost a month when they invade. Ah, nature.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Yes I have it all figured out. Now if it works out I will be ok.HEHEHE!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Hope all have a great Sundy!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Garden, I know exactly what those awful tent caterpillars are...at least I know what their 'tents' look like as we get some of them here too. But the ones which inundate us with poop are a different variety although I can't remember at the moment what they are called. However, they also are voracious and eat loads and loads of leaves on the trees and bushes (hence the extraordinary amount of poop). Our deck lies under a lot of trees which is why it becomes unusable for almost a month when they invade. Ah, nature.
YUCK to them! Maybe they are the adult tent caterpillars!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Happy, Happy Sunday! I made it to 149.4!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

I knew you would do it. I am so proud of you girl. You are going to go all the way!

Lola Sorry I am slow at answering. Some of the post for yesterday came in today. About 4 of them that's odd. And top it all they went above my 2 post. That's wild. I have been working in the yard and burning wood all day. I am so tired I could drop. I just uncovered the back patio and now we can see out of the patio door finally. Today is the first day that I could get out and work. It was 60 and sunny with a little wind.

I better go and answer everybodys Journal before I fall a sleep at the comp.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
All that exercise is going to pay off Judy....and I am so glad your temperatures are warming up....its a great feeling when you accomplish so much, I bet you slept really well lol....have a great day.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I am envious of you getting to work in the yard! We had the same temps, but the ground is still frozen solid. It's coming!

Yard work is a great workout. I kinda hate it, but the result looks so good.

Good morning girl!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great day! Back to work?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

I can't wait to hear how these new calories work for you after your break, Judy. And you're so right, maintaining your weight during your break is wonderful. I sure hope that means you'll get on the losing train again with JUDDD!

I just have to ask you guys, does all this caterpillar activity mean you'll be inundated with beautiful butterflies soon? I hope so!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
How is JUDDD going for you?
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Thinking of you, Judy, and hoping you'll have a wonderful Hump Day Eve.

LCGal: for some reason I don't think these particular voracious and pooping caterpillars are the same as those which turn into butterflies but it would be wonderful if they were...that thought would sustain me through the month of their visit.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #629
Big Yapper!!!!

Bummer Lola! I agree that a yardful of beautiful butterflies would (almost) make it all worth it. Plain old hungry, poopy caterpillars...not so much.

Hope you have a great day Judy! Are we on the same schedule now...UD?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls did not mean to go awall on everybody. I posted on JUDDD Monday nite and forgot to come here. I got in late and was so tired I could have dropped. Yesterday I did not even turn the lap top on I felt so wore out. Today I am trying to get caught up.

Guess what Carol a lot of the cold I have been feeling was DD cold. I have froze Monday and it hit me what it was so I watched for it to day and I have froze all day today too and it is almost 70. I had to go and fix a mug of coffee straight just now to try to get warm.
I hope that is a good sign.

I have been very good with the numbers here they are so far. Not going to do this every time but going to show you how it is going so far.

Mon. New Start Cals 300 Carbs 3 Weight 149

Tue Cals 1538 Carbs.42 Weight 146.6

Wed. Cals 290 Carbs. 13 Weight 147.9

Thank you all for checking in to see how it is going. I am handleing DD pretty good and oh my yesterday was heaven even if it was all lowcarb. I am thinking Carol it looks like it is heading in the right direction. But then again maybe it is too early to tell. I was on DD today so no I am not. I would have been but I started Mon. so it would line up with Easter.

The moveing my body Sun. just about killed me Sandy. I was kilt when I got done.
Daisy the only reason our ground is thawed is because we are almost flooded with all the rain we have been getting. Some people are mowing already. I needed waterwings just to walk is some parts of the yard.

Lola and Jeanne Your woosh fairy is on its way. Hey it is going to each and every one of you come to think of it. I better get off and go to juddd and post these numbers. See all of you tomorrow. Have to work Friday nite no posting for me that nite.