Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Judy - I'm sneaking in here and wanted to say your journal is full of love and strength! I love how you sat in your reality with your ex the other day and was full of happiness for yourself! Payback really is a beeotch! Just look at you.

You are kicking it and doing it right.
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi girls first I forgot to post last night due to getting home at about 9. I was so tired I just ate a very late supper and went to bed. I am not going to complain 12 hours of double time is ok by me since I live by my self. woop woop!

March 30 Sunday stats Cals 997 Carbs 21 Weight 144.6

Weight today 144.6

Ok now that I have that out of the way Hows every ones day so far? So far I have to work 1 hour at work then I am going to the nurseing home and do moms laundry. After that I am going some where to do a little window shopping. For supper I am going to make that chicken I told Susan I was going to make Sat. I still got that meal in my head.
So I will have to go to a store and get chicken and parm. cheese. I still have those malls in my head also but will have to do another day when I have hrs. to look around.

Susan go to Linda's Low Carb Recipes. It is NOT on this lowcarb web site. You have to search engine it. Linda is a very sweet girl who lost a lot doing low carb and has a site showing how she did it and all the recipes she has used thru the years. Go to recipes then pick breads then you will find about 6 or more scones. The Carbquik they talk about can be bought at most large health food stores. You can buy it on the site here on our web site but it is higher. Due to shipping. Some people complain it causes them to stop losing but it doesn't bother me. I won't eat it all the time but when you want something like you are use too so you don't feel deprived it works great. Oh don't sift it our you will throw out the fiber in it. I goofed and did that at first. Just use it like bisquik in your recipes.

Daisy GG Hey there. Grab a cup of coffee or preferred drink and join us on the adventure. So glad you dropped it. Yes pay backs are I agree. I had to get divorce due to my own health. He was dragging my health way down due to way too much stress. My blood preasure, eye preasure and stress levels were out of this world. I was having to work the last 8 years of our 20 years together doing all the work and take care of him while he set and drank and smoked all the money up. There is nothing likeing working at work all day clearing trees and brush in 100 degree temps for 8 hours then you have to go home and mow a very lg yard while he sits in a swing and drinks and watches you. Then guess what. You get to go in and cook supper which he takes 2 bites of and takes the plate and throws it in the trash. After that you can go into the bathroom and see the tile he destroyed in the bath tube area by falling so he says. That cost you another thousand dollars to replace 2 walls and all the tile. Then if you are lucky That's all he cost you that day in stress and dollars. Yep paybacks are a beeotch. I am better in body and mind then I was when I met him so I count my self lucky. Don't get me wrong I due not want to see him die from drink. The man I married is still there under all the booze. That man I still love but to save my self and my house from being destroyed I had to say bye bye. It hurts to see him that away but I have to hold my head up bestrong and go on. He is begging to die right now out loud. So it must be bad. He says God won't take him. I guess maybe God is letting him see what he has done to his life.

Any how that is all in another town a couple of miles from me now. For 3 1/2 years I live with my 2 cats and my new kitten who writes to the girls some times. She likes to decorate my chair with yarn while I am talking to you girls or sit on my desk and help type. One time she even posted a letter when I got up to get coffee.

Hope all have a great day. Daisy I will look for you site after I get home and have more time today. I have to get ready for work. See you all lighter.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

O Daisy I forgot to tell you I have been to you lovely town for 2 weeks twice years ago. My x had a cousin that we visted 2 times and we went to you great town while there. The first time the mall of America had just opened up and we had never heard of it so that was a big shock of a shopping day. Biggest thing I ever seen. We did not know a thing about it the first time so of course we had to go back a few years later. Love your state. I have never seen so many lakes in my life. Wisconsin was beautiful also at the Dells.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #574
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Judy have a great day! Looks like you are doing good! Is the snow all gone???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Its great you are closer to 140 now than that other horrible number lol....I love the long rambles you have in your journal, I tend to ramble a lot as well lol.....but I love hearing what everyone is getting up to in their day....hope you had a good visit with your mom today, don't forget to let me know about that chicken and how it turned out as I will think about having a go....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #576
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hope you're doing great today Judy! Another Monday morning - how do they come back around so quickly?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
O Daisy I forgot to tell you I have been to you lovely town for 2 weeks twice years ago. My x had a cousin that we visted 2 times and we went to you great town while there. The first time the mall of America had just opened up and we had never heard of it so that was a big shock of a shopping day. Biggest thing I ever seen. We did not know a thing about it the first time so of course we had to go back a few years later. Love your state. I have never seen so many lakes in my life. Wisconsin was beautiful also at the Dells.
It is beautiful here; even in the winter. I've lived here all my life so I'm so used to the lakes that when I travel to other places in the country it's shocking that everywhere isn't like that. So crazy I am.

That mall is crazy-big isn't it? Now there is a HUGE Ikea across the street from the mall. I love that place!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Hi every one in Journal land.

First of all I have to say hi to all the lovely ladies that stop in.

Monica I was in you journal real fast this morning will go there now that I have time and jot a note. I was going to be late for work so I ran out quick. Yes the snow is finally gone althought it did sleet a few days ago. It is 68 today and sunny. So kool. I love it.
I still have a heavy shirt on because I don't believe the weather man. Go figure. I wonder why. How is you boy doing today. Great I hope. You are doing so good on walking. You beat me all to pieces.

Carol I am so glad to see you today. I am missing JUDDD. It is so funny. I keep forgetting I am not on it. I need to get on the site and get my fix from reading all the post there cuz I miss the girls. How is you diet comeing I will check that thread while I am there.

Daisy I have started at the 1st page and at the last on you journal this morning. I will get it read tonight. It sounds like you are doing great. Yes that is one heck of a mall but I loved it. My x asked his cousin when we came to visit the first day " do you all have a mall around here where we could go shopping" We wondered why they laughed at us.
Your mall had just opened I think a day or 2 before. WE had a good laugh after seeing it. I love, love, love the lakes. I will never forget that. It was so beautiful. His cousin lived in Monticello. Thanks for stopping in. I usually only get on at nite because I go to work at 5:20am but on vacation this week so here I am.

Ok now I have to sit with my Journal and have a little talk with it. You all know how crazy I am.

Dear Diary. Today is the first day of Cincinnati Reds opening season. Oh my gosh the parade went on for miles. I wish I had went down but that is a lot of traffic to deal with. Mom had it on the tv when I got there and it was so wild. They should be playing by now I think. Not sure. I have not turned the tv on since I got home. Yes Yes it is on. 4 to 7 tonight. Got it on now. Go Reds Go!

This is a sure sign spring is here. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Usually it rains or snows on the parade. NO NO it is high 60's and sunny Yepeeeeeeee!!!!!! Every one was having a ball with the great weather. Oh by the way NO WIND EITHER. Love It Love It.

Spring is here and finally we can breath a sigh of relief. I have seen bunnies already and the chicks are at the tractor store right now. The spring flowers are about 4 in. high so far here. The grass is greening up although there is a lot of brown still in our yards from all the snow.

I need to go to the park and take a long walk tomorrow if it is still pretty. I did yesterday and I am paying for it with coughing and runny nose. I have to stay out of the wind which I did not do yesterday.

I found all kinds of stuff at the thrift store. A tea cup set for my girl friend. A big picture for my bathroom with pansies on it. 2 books and a dvd. Oh and some new bubble bath in peach. That will work. I found one of the odd Thomas books by Koontz. Also a paper back cowboy book by Johnstone. I have wanted to try one of his books.

I am trying to talk my self into painting this week but so far self is saying N OOOOOOOO!

Well I better go see how the game is going. See you later Diary. Oh by the way I saw a hotey Yesterday when we went out to eat from work. If only I was 30 years younger and his pretty girl friend was not there I would like to have met that one. HEHEHEH!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

A nice long read lol....my fav kind of posts, oh you sound so happy Judy it is lovely to hear it in your posts,.....spring is overdue for all of us, today here it was nice and mild but cloudy...I actually need to feel that sun on me....mild is fine but now I demand sunshine lol.....it sounds like you had a lovely day....so glad for you, its amazing what a bit of time off work and some nice weather does for your spirits.....I am sure it helps with weight loss as well lol..
Old 03-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

This is funny I was writeing you as you wrote me. I forgot to post my bad day.

Cal 1043 Carbs 53 and yes that all came from a big salad Minus 7 Carbs. I will get it together some day and when I do I will forget where I put it.

Yes Sandy I need that sun also. Lets share!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hey, don't you think we should send some cake or cookies to Smalls? She is too skinny!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Are you a baseball fan!? Exciting! I am a HUGE baseball fan! Watched the opener yesterday. Yes, we lost. The Twins will have a horrible season, but I love them anyway. I have a huge crush on Brian Dozier. Swoon!

Have a great day woman!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Hey there Susan I do believe that is in order by all means. Poor small we will get even one way or the other.

Weight today 144.6 again but except a bounce after last weekend. I am surprised it did not happen today.

Daisy we lost too. 1 to nothing. I think they said it was the 1 st time since the 1950's that we did not score at all. WE have a lot of player on the sick list already so maybe that is why. I don't care I will watch any way. One of the Cards. is from our home town so we watch them play us and root for him when he hits. Is't that crazy. We went to school with his dad and uncle. So Here we are in the stands and we are watching our guys and holloring then he comes up and we have to quitly root for him. It's fun.

Carol if you stop in while I am at work for my hour I need your opinion on getting ready to go to JUDDD. I am getting the itch real bad but am afraid I will hit the brick wall again. Do you think I have been gone long enough to shake it up. I read you thread and have not read the book you are talking about but I do need the weights as my skin is sagging on my arms and thighs bad. Just wondering if I have been gone long enough to start over and If I should get new numbers for the lower weight or start with my 166 lbs numbers to keep the no. up high enough.

Well I got to get ready to go to work. BYE
Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #584

Judy - I am not a baseball fan (unless my child is playing). DS15 doesn't play anymore, so we follow SOFTBALL DD12 loves everything about it. Her season opener is this weekend. I can't wait. Hoping it is warm enough to not just shiver in the stands. Either way, I am all over it! I will be there watching/cheering her on!

Have a GREAT Tuesday girl!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #585
Big Yapper!!!!

I used to be a HUGE baseball fan! Loved the Royals growing up, and what a thrill it was in 1985 when they won the World Series. We had already moved out to AZ so it was tough not being in the hometown, but still fun. I also was following closely when the Diamondbacks won in 2001, and got to go to some of the playoff games. I guess I've just lost interest somewhere along the way. It doesn't seem the same as it used to somehow.

Judy, how long have you been away from JUDDD? My break was just over a month, and I feel really ready now. As far as calories go, I may be taking a risk but I'm not going to go by the calculator to start out with. I feel like I was restricting way too low and may have caused a metabolic slowdown. During my break and increased calories, (and yes, I gained 20 pounds!) I feel like I may have done some healing and found my "maintenance" calories for this new weight, because I have stayed the same for a couple of weeks now, and have been eating lots of calories. So I'm going to try 500/2200-2500 for awhile. That will average out to 1350 - 1500 daily average, still well below my BMR.

You've been doing so great with your break, I hope you'll enjoy getting back to JUDDD!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Carol I have been off since the same day as you. I went off that morning and then read later that day you had done the same thing on the same day. I tried uping the cal. and no low carb and I started gaining weight . I tried going back to just straight 1200 and did nothing. I tried low cal and low carb and aimed for 980 which was my JUDDD average day split up in 2 days and I lost back down to where my last weight was before leaving JUDDD. I only left JUDDD because the numbers would not go down no matter what I did. I love the on and off days althought some times you run into a holiday or weekend night out on the worng day. That was not my problem two or three rotations and I was right back down but would not go past 144.

Your way sounds so do able. Are you trying that new book you talked about about eating more to weight less. Is that the plan you are doing? I have wondered about that the whole time I was driving this morning. Is it a new plan?

Thanks I really love all the help you give me. I don't mean to be a hanger on so to speak. I just don't know what I am doing worng. Next Question If you go with these numbers are you going to low carb or not. Just wondering.

Monica I don't watch all the games but do love the game. I drove jr. high ball last thur.
Have fun at your game.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Oh Carol I forgot to tell you that 1500 is where my Dr. wanted me to eat. But every time I tried I went up but that was every day trying to do the diabetic diet. So maybe that will be a good no. for you.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Stats for today cals 1003 carbs.23 weight 144.6
Old 04-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

It is just a beautiful evening. The temp is 74 and very windy but the air going thru the house is nice and warm and smells so fresh after being cooped up all winter. What more could you ask for. I am going out on the front porch and read awhile if I don't get blown away. It is so great to go out and not freeze to death as soon as you put your first foot on the porch. Come on spring! We love you!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

I am so glad your temps are up Judy...it does the soul good to sit in that warm air....lets hope spring stays until summer gets here....
Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
It is just a beautiful evening. The temp is 74 and very windy but the air going thru the house is nice and warm and smells so fresh after being cooped up all winter. What more could you ask for. I am going out on the front porch and read awhile if I don't get blown away. It is so great to go out and not freeze to death as soon as you put your first foot on the porch. Come on spring! We love you!
Ooooooooo! Sounds lovely! Did not get that warm here, but it was pleasant!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/133/125
WOE: my way! low carb & low cal
Start Date: 2/15/2014
Got the warm weather here.. I just finished my 2 mile walk and getting ready to have a cup of coffee on the front screened in porch... Not ready for the real hot weather yet.. Would love for spring to stay around a bit..

It seems that candy showed up on my desk today.. Guess what... I did not eat a bite.... LOL
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:33 AM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

The weather for all of you guys sounds so lovely! I won't share what's going on around here! Although I did see many of my neighbors raking around their snow piles yesterday. It's hard to wait. Every year the lawn-expert guys warn us about going on the lawns too quickly.

Have great days everyone! Stay steady and eddie.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls first of all weight is 145.1 knew a bounce was comeing. I'll take that one any day. A lot better then I thought. As for the warm air. It felt good the only problem was I went out to read the book. Well let me tell you I blew 2 doors down at the nighbors and the book ended up at the corner of a country road and a busy highway. Let me tell you I had a heck of a time chaceing after it. All kidding aside it was way too windy all day just like Sunday. My sister had a rough time trying to drive home at 8:30 last night. She had a very hard time keeping her car on the road. Now we have no wind but rain. Have not been out to se how cold but it looks it. I'll just sit here and drink my coffee and talk a bit before work. I don't want to play in the rain until I have too.

I watched a man making chimechongas yesterday . They looked so easy and low carb. I may have to try them after the scones are gone. I can't add more carbs on top of that. One bread item at a time. But I was thinking I will pull my taco meat that I made a couple of weeks ago out of the freezer and have taco salad today instead. I just won't be eating the shell.

I am trying to talk my self into starting painting the inside of the house. The only problem is my ceiling goes from the hall way thru a big liveingroom thru the kitchen and into the wash room. Don't have any desire to do that. Would love to change the walls why I am ok with my eyes now. Oh well I will sit and think about it some more. My sister started last week and now her dr. says no painting for 2 weeks. She just got a cortazone shot in the wrist. So no painting for awhile. I am trying to shame my self and say there is nothing wrong with me other then sniffles and I should get up and get started but so far self is not listening . I have to paint the inside and outside and all the wood window frames inside this year. Oh lucky me.

Well I have griped enough today. Have to wash hair and drive for a while see you all later today.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Well the book story had me laughing...and you did recue it lol...wow Judy I hope it was a good book lol, I am glad you got it back....as for that pesky painting we also have to do some decorating but I can't do anything until we get some warmer weather, I think it is more motivating then, I feel really unmotivated to do anything......for now I am sulking because there is no sun today just clouds, I really hope spring is on its way for all of us, all the daffodils say its spring but I think they have it muddled.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

At least you have daffodils. Ours won't even peek their heads out. Mine is maybe 4in. up so far. Its a good thing easter is late this year because the flowers sure are. We have rain so I guess I better go fight it. Have a great day.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

The spring weather back in your area really can be tough to deal with. Cold one day, warm the next. Trees budding out then it freezes again. I remember. Here all is blooming and weeds are going CRAZY. One house in my neighborhood is vacant and the weeds have completely taken over.

Judy, you are never a hanger on! You're doing exactly what I am doing, which is listen to ideas other people put out there and then asking questions and giving it a try. Several people have mentioned the EM2WL stuff, but most recently SlowSure talking about reverse dieting and Calichris referred to EM2WL got me curious. I'm trying it, in tandem with JUDDD to see what happens. I'll be interested to hear what you decide on and how it goes! You should definitely post over on the JUDDD boards if you like to. No one is going to kick you out just 'cause you're not currently JUDDDing!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much for the information. Good Luck. I have not decided yet. Still trying to decide which way to go. I don't want to drop cals. any lower or I will stop my Matab. like happened after Christmas. when I raise very much I start gaining. I will have to go to JUDDD and look up all slowsure stuff and see what this reverse stuff is.

I was there yesterday reading and catching up and I did see some of what you were talking about. Carly was going to a place I never heard of. It sure was a good price tho.

I am going over right now since it is too cold to go outside. One min. it is raining and 5 min. later it is sunny but cold. If you don't like the weather in Ohio wait 5 Min. and it will change. Thanks again. I did post several places yesterday.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #599

I hear ya on this time of year. Rainy/cold/snowy/windy/warm/COLD it never stays one way for long...well, until it gets HOT, then it stays HOT forever!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Always a joy to catch up with what's been going on in your life, Judy. I love reading your journal. So glad things continue to go well for you. Truth be told, your insights and adventures are pure delight. Thank you for all that you give to us.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote