LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Your welcome!

I did find the right book. I have started today and made some of the rolls he talks about. I did not make these before but thought I would try them. I did get the test strips to check color for awhile. Had a bad day yesterday so today is going to be my first day on 72.

Thanks so much it is so nice to know I have new friends out there. It helps to know you guys are struggling just like me. I hope you day has went well. It sounds like you are doing great with the plan you picked.

B- 2 eggs 3 bacon one Rev. roll pat of butter
L- Hamburger with cheese home made 1c salad with 1 T blue cheese dres.
D-1c salad with homemade ranch dressing. egg in salad steak.
S- sf jello and pork rinds.

Here's to all my new friends that are doing judd. May you all have a great new week and have good losses for it.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

72 Atkins it is for me.

Well I have been reading the 72 site a lot yesterday and the 72 book also inbetween house cleaning and putting in screans in the windows and doors yesterday. Have to meet sister in a hour to go to the movies so I will have to make this quick. I tried to read as much as I can today. I started 72 yesterday so it will be a few days till I see any progress. I did weight in any I still am at 5 lb lost for the 2nd week. I should see something by next sunday because I am doing induction strickly by the book to try to get started again. This book is what I have been looking for. The way I did it years ago.

Like I said before I did not realize how much the diet had been readjusted thru the years. Shakes, bars, and tv dinners were not invented then and I think that has been my problem all along.

Here goes for a new start this week. See you all real soon
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

3rd day on 72

well I am on day 3. Did great today. Dr. Atkins said in the book that you should start seeing purple or close to it by the 3rd day. Well I have tested all 3 days and today I am finally in the 2nd color on the bottle. I had

B- 2 hard boiled egg
S- 1 piece of cheese
L- 2 chicken theighs
D- 1 cheeseburger plain no bun

Still no purple or any where near It but I know deep down I did not take a
bite of any thing else. So I think that is pretty good. I feel good. tummy feels a little lower in the last 3 weeks so I will keep at it. I know it will work.
Oh I forgot to say I did not eat lunch because I was not hungery for it.
The cheeseburger I ate on the way to the nurseing home so I could not eat a salad then. I really did not want it then either. I ame full to the gills as they say. That is another sign it is working. See ya tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

4th day

well here I am again. I made it to day 4 am not hungery. Feel great, but still not past the 2nd color on the bottle. I had a talk with my doctor today while I was getting Phy. for my surgary. He said no carbs so where in Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi so that can't be doing it. I did not think so but ask just
incase there were some hidden ones

B- 2eggs and 2 bacon
L- 2 chicken thighs baked
D- chicken mixed with mayo sf jello

Like I said I feel great And I know that I am not cheating. So we will see on Sunday if any thing happens. I know my water levels are still bounceing. I love eating this way and cut the salad out like he said to see if it is too much carbs.

Mowed the yard and worked on cutting down dead flowers. Going to soak in the old tub and do a little reading. I can't wait to see purple.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
Don't worry about the actual color, if you are measuring even a small amount of ketones it means you are in ketosis and burning fat.

An interesting fact is that the strips only measure one type of ketone, so your body could be making more of the other ones.

I am very excited that you are being successful! KUTGW
squirrel watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mandi I needed that!

I knew he said if color was not changing carbs are hidden some where. I have checked everything so far and can not find any. Then later in the book he said there are some that don't show signs at all. I was starting to think I might be one of those?

But I am feeling a lot better, starting to sleep better, not hungry sooooooooooo I figure I must be doing something right. Clothes have not changed still tight. But I am starting to see it in my body so I am going to keep up the good work. I have not been this good in a long time.

That being said I am going to not worry. I am going to keep on keeping on as they sayIt's all going to come out in the wash.

It's raining here again tonight. So think I will do some more reading on this board.

Thanks Mandi for stoping by. Hope you are having a great day!

B- 2 eggs scrambled with a little cheese. And a little ranch drizzled over it
L- chicken salad- Chicken and mayo only
D- 2 chicken thighs small salad Lett. only with ranch dressing

Just made a big bag of pulled pork with no sauce to eat this week. I tried a little to see if it came out ok. Its great. I may fry up some eggs tomorrow and add some pork for breakfast. That sounds good. I'll see you all tomorrow
Old 05-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

So sorry I have not been here!

Well Its been a wild 4 days but here I am again. I have been a good girl and
ate all 72 food. Just been very busy. Had to get flowers on all the family graves and then after takeing mom back to the nurseing home I had to mow my big yard and weed eat it all and dig up 6 Lilac starts and replant new ones. during all this I started my charcoal grill and grilled 3 cheeseburgers,
a large pack of chick wings, and some other meat I had in the freezer. Those chick wings tasted as good as the ones I buy across the street when I am too tired to cook. They did not have anything on them they were great plain.

Friday night took the tract team to a large meet till 10:45pm. Thur. went to aviewing for my pastor who I had for 22 years when I was young. That was very sad. I saw all the people who use to go to our church except for the ones who have all ready gone on. Some of them were very young to be gone so soon. It's a wonder that did not put me in a tailspin that night. I usually go crazy after something like that and eat the whole house. Wed went to doctor and passed a phy. for surgery. Now I have to pass a big one this coming week so I can work next year. I am worried about that one. Saying a lot of prayers for that one. I have to suport my self.

I have noticed cheeks sunk in. Leggs getting slimmer. chest going down. I just wish the waist line would. HEHEHE!!! That's the last place I loose. When that starts going down and the scales then I know I am doing something. Will find out tomorrow.

I am going to do this no matter what OOOOOOOH! for got to put this down. When I went for the first Phy. My blood pressure was lower and I had lost 5 lbs. since I had seen him so that made me happy and him. I have got to keep going.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Happy Holiday to all!

I have been spending a lot of time on this darn machine this long weekend.
Have read a lot and I have learned a lot on other sites too!

I weight in today and I did it I am back to 159 this morning. First time since the Dr. put me on Diabetic Diet. That Diet put 10 lbs on me. I'M going to show him in this 6 months that my weight will go down and the numbers will go back to looking great again. I am so excited that I hit that no. So now I have to work hard to get more off. It will happen.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Way to go girl! Keep it up! It will happen! I tend to lose weight everywhere but my GUT and CHEST. Give it time, you will see the results you want!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Need prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone reads this message between Tue. night and Wed. morning please,
please, please send a prayer up that I pass my big Phy. tomorrow. If I do not that means I can not work at all next year. My biggest worry is eye test and bloodpreasure. I know hearing has went down thru the years but not the kind they are looking for so that helps me there. I know the rest is all ok. I just got to pass the reading test and as I have said last week I just passed my surg. phy. for my operation last week.

My trouble is I have white coat sendrome. Get me near a Doctor and my bloodpreasure goes sky high. I can take it before I leave and it can be real low but The min. I walk in and know if I don't pass I can't work and watch it rise like crazy. I go thru this every year but this year is real ruff because the eye doctor has already pulled me off the whole summer. I don't know how I am going to make it this summer. I take that back . I do know by God's help because that is the only way I will make it to pay the bills.

So If any one sees this before 10 am Wed may 29th please send up a good word for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart right now. THANK YOU.

I did good today even tho I am worried.

B- crustless quiche
L- Turkey with Mayo no bread
S- cheeseburger ranch dressing for dipping no bun
D- on the road ate another home made cheeseburger no bun

This will be me tomorrow HEHE!
D- on the road ate cheeseburger again. no bun
Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #41

How did it go???? I sent prayers out, hoping it is right on time for you!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Thank you God I passed by the skin of my teeth!

Thank you to any one who sent prayers up. Yes your prayer came in just in time. I read 20/25 in the eye that has hardly any preasure in it then I had to go up to 20/30 for the eye that is ready to be operated on. I passed the sugar test. Then the hearing was down somemore which kind of made me start worring. When I went in for the blood preasure part I ask if I could use the big cuff. She said no that she would measure the small one on me. Well the answer came back no again she said I just did fit. So then she ask if she was making me nervous. I said yes so she layed me down for 4 min. Then read it. I got by by your prayers. Failling was 160/90. Mine was 156/88. Thank You God and all who prayed. I get to work all next year if all goes well with surgery. Now you want to hear my preasures this morning before I went to the test. 1st. one 118/79 2nd one after rushing around getting ready for work 105/74. I just can't stand to go in doctors offices. I have 2 pages of preasures from 4/19/13 to today and they are all in the 70's 5 in the low 80's.
This is why I ask for prayer.

I told my self if I came out ok I could go buy a Atkins chocolate chip meal bar. I have been trying to stay away from them but I guesses that was better then going out and buying a big shake or cone. Which is what I usually do.

Thanks again you are such a good friend. Hugs for you today.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

June already!

I find it hard to believe it is june already. School is out for most. I am sub. for a few days for a driver who is ill and her school is not out yet. I have not done so good eating the last 2 days. We had a big picnic the last day and I
did a lot better then most people but still went over some. Yesterday was bad and I went to chipotle and had a big salad.

Now that I am out I will try to do a lot better. Now I can run to the bathroom when ever I need to. So I can start drinking a lot of water now. I will not have people tempting me. I am sure my cats won't offer me any thing
good. HEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
I'm back! I was on vacation and didn't take my computer...I had good times, but I decided to jump off the wagon and carbed up. I'm not sure I totally regret it. It was nice to spend time with my mom without stressing about restaurant or delivery choices.

I don't think I want to make this exception again, though. I can feel the difference
squirrel watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back!

It sounds like you had a great time and made the right choice at the time for you. You will get back in the swing and be looseing again soon. You said you were going back to 25 carbs the last I heard from you. Do you just cook good recipes like I have seen you do and use the number for the portion size. That seems easier then the Juddd way you were trying. I made it to 159 last week and did not loose this week. Oh well I will just keep going on. This week I think I will try the 25 way. It sounds good. I like to try new recipes. and love to have left overs to eat and know what number they are so I don't have to do a lot of figuring out on things. Like Garfield is 7. HEHEHE!
So glad you are back. Missed you and was worried.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #46

I am so glad that your pressure readings were just where you needed them. I know a lot of people who's pressure is up when at the DR, my sister is one of them.

WHen is your eye surgery?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

My date is June 11 next Tue. I am trying not to get worried and eat the whole house while waiting. I am known to do that when worried. I am sub. driving right now for the girl that did not make it with her preasure and sugar. That is helping me to pass the time until tue. I cut all my bushes in the yard,drove for that girl, and went to the nurseing home to do moms washing. Today drove, and got car taken care of so we can drive to Cincinnati a couple of days next week. Once I have the surg. I won't be aloud to much for the rest of the summer.

So far today I have ate one atkins bar for breakfast. 2eggs and 3 bacon for lunch and I will have a low carb dinner I have made up in freezer. I am going to stick to this today now matter what. No cheating.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #48

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thank you I know I can if my brain would just listen some times. After I left here I went into the recipes and found cheeseburger pie and also pecan sandies Low carb. So I just
had to get some hamburger and green onions on the way home. I made both and loved them. They are in Kevinpa's area. Well worth making. I have started a recipe box this week from this board. I have a feeling I am going to be putting more in my box real soon. I just have to remember portion control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I did good all day yesterday until watching tv last night. I kept wanting something and finally gave up and ate a atk. bar. I felt bad the rest of the night. Feel better this morning I did eat portion control yesterday so that's was good. Also ate lc all day so I guess I did not do too bad. Well got to go to work. Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #51

I think you did good!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Thank you. You are so nice. Some times I get so mad that I can't seem to loose straight down I have to bounce around because of water rentention. It does't matter what I eat it still happens. Oh My I need to be back at work in 20 min. Got to go .
Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #53

You know, I am the SAME way with myself. I can beat myself up one side and down the other...but when talking to others, I try to stop them. WHY do we do that to ourselves? ARen't We supposed to LOVE ourself just as much as others?

Positive afirmations. Let's start by saying these daily about ourselves. We can type it here???

I am a positive active parent for the kids through their school and our church!

Well, there's one!

No it's your turn!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Okay here goes.

I am a very active careing schoolbus driver for special needs children.

Now the next line. Thank God it is the last day of school for me today! HEHEHE!!!!!

My school got out last Thur. but I have been subbing for some one who is sick so I have been driving all this week. Yea I get to sleep in tomorrow. So sorry I left so fast yesterday. I am not use to being home in the middle of the day. When I got on of course I checked out a lot as I am known to do and then looked up and I had to be back to work in 15 min. Thank goodness it only takes 10 to get there.

I had a ? jr. high or high not for sure boy who had a major melt down last night when we were loading up. I was really worried about him. Since he is not one of mine I did not
know he would do this. He got very made and tore up something on the out side of the building. It took about 20 to 30 min. for them to get him on the bus so I could leave. My heart was going out to him. I guess he got mad because the bus lady was telling him to hurry up so we could leave. It really worried me as I did not know this child and
had no idea how he would react later on the bus. Once we got him on he layed down and rested all the way home and was tired but ok when I got to his house. I hope he went today and had a good last day. I saw them putting up big jumping toys up so may be he will enjoy that and it will erase his bad evening last night.

I bought salad stuff to make a taco salad tonight. I even made home made taco seasoning this morning before I went to work so I will be all set when I get off to make it. Now I have no excuse to not eat low carb. I even made guakamolely I know this is not spelled right but you get the idea. I know, lay low on that. It will still taste good.
Well I better get off so I don't have a repeat of yesterday afternoon. See you all tomorrow and I will tell you how good the salad was.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Cincinnati Ball Game!

Here is another positive. I positively love going to a Cincinnati Reds Ball Game. My sisters neighbor gave her 2 free tickets yesterday afternoon. To make along story short by 6pm we were cleaned up and drove to Cincinnati and found our seats. That is a big deal for us. We are getting too old for all this fast stuff. Plus we don't like driving in that heavy traffic. We went to see Paul McCartney last summer and my sister swore no more going down in that mess. Well this time I spoke up quick and said I would drive. So she agreed to go and we had a blast. Got home at 11:15 and felt like a night owl. HEHE!!!!!!!!!! I told you I was getting old.

Speaking of getting old. I can not believe the prices of the food at these games. A small diet coke in bottle 5.75. Water 5.75 . We got water out side the game on the way in 1 dollar. small hot dog plain 4.75. This is just the start of the prices. Beer 8.75 a bottle. And it keeps on going up. That doesn't count that gas is 3.99 a gal. to get there. And they wonder why people aren't comeing to all the big games in the US.

One advantage of the high prices. I ate legally the whole time. I know I ate too many peanuts but that will work to my advantage today. Have to shop for the next 4 weeks, get yard work done, get sons birthday stuff ready for family party on the 15th. and much more in the next 48 hours. I get operated on Tue. at 7 am. No driving or lifting after that.

No lost this week but not going up either so I guess that's good. Still 159.
Hope after this week things will settle down and the weight will start comeing off again.

Oh by the way. I took that taco salad over to my sisters house yesterday and it was great. The low carb seasoning was great. You can find it on Linda's Low Carb Menus.

It will be on my Menus form now on. Here's what I will look like when the doctor works on me Tue. HEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Cincinnati Ball Game!

Here is another positive. I positively love going to a Cincinnati Reds Ball Game. My sisters neighbor gave her 2 free tickets yesterday afternoon. To make along story short by 6pm we were cleaned up and drove to Cincinnati and found our seats. That is a big deal for us. We are getting too old for all this fast stuff. Plus we don't like driving in that heavy traffic. We went to see Paul McCartney last summer and my sister swore no more going down in that mess. Well this time I spoke up quick and said I would drive. So she agreed to go and we had a blast. Got home at 11:15 and felt like a night owl. HEHE!!!!!!!!!! I told you I was getting old.

Speaking of getting old. I can not believe the prices of the food at these games. A small diet coke in bottle 5.75. Water 5.75 . We got water out side the game on the way in 1 dollar. small hot dog plain 4.75. This is just the start of the prices. Beer 8.75 a bottle. And it keeps on going up. That doesn't count that gas is 3.99 a gal. to get there. And they wonder why people aren't comeing to all the big games in the US.

One advantage of the high prices. I ate legally the whole time. I know I ate too many peanuts but that will work to my advantage today. Have to shop for the next 4 weeks, get yard work done, get sons birthday stuff ready for family party on the 15th. and much more in the next 48 hours. I get operated on Tue. at 7 am. No driving or lifting after that.

No loss this week but not going up either so I guess that's good. Still 159.
Hope after this week things will settle down and the weight will start comeing off again.

Oh by the way. I took that taco salad over to my sisters house yesterday and it was great. The low carb seasoning was great. You can find it on Linda's Low Carb Menus.

It will be on my Menus form now on. Here's what I will look like when the doctor works on me Tue. HEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #57

OH good to know. I will look up that salad! I am always looking for something new to add to my norm!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Got bad news today.

I had my eye operated on yesterday. All went well after I got home. Went to the doctors this morning to have the shield taken off and to have the eye checked out. I read 20/40 so that was better the the last operation so I was happy because I know after the eye heals and the swelling goes down I will read better so I was feeling good. Then the doctor came in checked the eye and told me I had lost all the pressure in my right eye. We were trying to bring it down from 19 to 10-13 but the eye dropped all the way down to 0. Not good at all. I already have the other eye sitting at 1 so this is really bad news. God is keeping both of them blowed up so far. I have to go back Fri. because of this. They have tried everything on the left eye and nothing worked. So this is very bad news for the right one.

I can hardly see this message now. May not be on much for a few days. My eyes a hurting a lot. Need prayer please. Thankyou!

I did loose 3 oz. this week. I'll take it.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

So sorry I forgot. Yes the salad is great. We loved it. It will be a good one to add.
Hope you are doing good.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Hope your eye heals quick, ahh Cincy traffic...when I worked at a group home we took a couple of guys to a game, I had to drive the other girl was too scared to drive the big accessible van from Indy to Cincy wasn't bad at all, had a blast, it was reds/cubs game glad u had fun
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote