Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Sending love your way, Judy. Once again you've left me with a smile on my face. Thanks for spreading happiness. (Noel sounds so smart and adorable). I'm trucking along with LC but seem stuck at this weight. How exciting you were able to wear your size 10 slacks. I understand the thrill of that.

Weather here has also been gorgeous...80 degree temps today and daffodils cheerily in bloom. Stormy weather expected to return tomorrow night. Spring sputtering forward in starts and stops. Take care sweet friend.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Yep you are definitely a ray of sunshine lol....after getting up to find my scales are still stuck at the same old number I then read your post and it made me laugh....I could just picture your little kitten messing with your keyboard...you should look into being a writer Judy....It sounds like spring is trying to come your way...sort of lol. have a great day Judy.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #483
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
BRING ON SPRING right girl??? DS15 is doing ok. ALl of his problems are because of me! Gotta love teenagers!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Lola so glad I make you laugh. Trust me if you ever saw me a 4 am you would really laugh. Not a pretty sight. So glad you have warm weather and flowers. Ours are about 2 in. high so far. It snowed again yesterday. That is why I did not get on. I was so tired from driving in bad winds all day. 3 times yesterday my wheels were straight and the bus moved side ways. I was holding the wheel straight so I did not let it sway. Today was much easier no wind. I came in late ate supper read my book awhile then soaked in tub to get warm then dropped in to bed.

Today I think it got in the 30's. Its dropping right now. I just got home and put everything from walmart and drug store up then got the litter pans clean and washed. so hear I am.

You girls are the sweet ones. I could not get up some days if you girls were not here. I had a big talk with my x last night when I walked in the door he was ringing my phone. After 15 min. I remembered why we got divorced. I really should have put my head under the water when I was soaking my body. Then maybe all the stuff he told me would have washed out of my brain. oopppsss Judy behave.

Oh Sandy Noel is sitting right now on the copyer watching me. She must not be feeling good she has only jumped in my lap 3 times so far. I cannot believe she is just siting there and not moving. Hope you number goes down soon. I bounced way up last weekend but I deserved that bounce. I have started eating 12oo cal. every day to see what happens. I am going to give Juddd a break for a few weeks. Have a great weekend.

Monica you made me laugh about your son. Been there and done that and you know what I even got a shirt for that tooo! Mine is 41 and I am still his problem. Hope you are doing great. Yes by all means bring on Spring. We had 3 days of low 60's then went back to winter. If you don't like the weather in Ohio just wait 5 min. Then see if you like it. It changes every 5 min. here. Have fun girl.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

I can't imagine driving a bus that the wind is trying to push sideways, your job sounds so stressful, it must really tire your mind out with all that concentrating.

That's a shame your x is doing that to your head....my sisters x does the same thing to her....we need to get rid of people like that and just keep the good positive ones in our life....go for a nice walk today and imagine all his words that he said to you just blowing away in the wind....some people just aren't happy unless they are putting other people down to make themselves feel better.....why call you just to stress you out which he knew he was going to do.....oops sorry for going on...but try not to think about what he said to you, it won't do you any good at all.

Lol I liked what Monica wrote as well....they have no one else to blame but us....

Anyway hope you get out in the fresh air today and let all his words blow away in the wind.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow Judy, that sounds scary in the bus. You must be quite a skilled driver to be able to navigate that huge thing around like you do.

Sorry you had to listen to the X like that. But great that you no longer have to deal with him all the time! I like Sandy's suggestion to let it all blow away in the wind!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #487

Judy have a great weekend !!!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody so glad you all stopped in. Thankyou for the idea of taking a walk and letting his words blow out of my head. That sounds cool. His problem is he is dieing and he does not have any one to blame but his self and his wiskey bottle. He is 87 lbs the last I heard can not control any body fuctions just to walk 4 feet from the couch. He cannot cook, drive, walkup the stairs with out help, take a bath or shower by his self. He does not take care of His self at all anymore. All he does is sits, smokes and drinks 24-7. He was trying to do that at my house before he left that's why I got divorced. The doctors told him to stop of it would kill him. He has the thought ( so what!). He told me that he was dieing so he might as well enjoy himself on the way out. The doctors have gave up on trying to stop him. I told him that night he did not have any one to blame but his self. End of subject.

The temp. was so nice yesterday. In the 60's. But at 2pm the winds started up again.
Yes it is very hard to drive when it is that windy. I heard several girls complaining yesterday about the same thing.

I am going to the thrift stores with my sister today. We love trying to find a hidden treasure. We do this about every month. It's our treat for working so hard thru the week. Can't wait to go I am so ready. I really want to travel this weekend but can't afford to.

What is every one up to? I am eating 1200 cal. I am sitting at 146 right now. Hope to go down some next week. Last weekend my sister and I had two wild days of eating all the wrong foods. Made me jump up to 153. See I told you my x has this effect on me. HEHEHE!!! I switched to 1200 cal everyday for a change and got it back down to 146. So I am staying here for awhile and seeing if I can go on down slowly. Then is I get there I will try to go back to JUDDD for some kind of maint.

Well I better get ready I will see you gals later.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

well we are back from shopping. I found 2 pairs of jeans size 10 and 1 pair of kakies and would you believe it all 3 pairs fit. I don't know about you diary but I can't believe it. Whooooooooooo! That blows my mind. Also found a stair stepper video that I am going to try. I did this alittle years ago but gave my tape and step to some one when I messed my knees up. I have since bought an old one at a thrift store but could not find a good tape that I could handle. Today I think I did. I just watched it and it is doable I think for me. Also found a very pretty shower curtain with spring flowers on it. Had to have it. Also a big pink bunny to put out side my moms nurseing home door. It evens sings and dances. I also went to big lots and got several things like atkins bars for $4.oo a box. Go Judy Go Judy. I did good today. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:44 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning JUdy....you make me smile or laugh every time I read your journal......I think it was the bit your wrote ' I don't know about you diary but I can't believe it' ......oh Judy that did make me laugh, you have an amazing sense of humour, I bet you have your sister in stitches laughing.
You did so well shopping...I used to love thrift store shopping and finding a treasure, but here where we live now they are just filled with rubbish, there are about eight of them and they are only good for the odd book now and again.....soon we will have our car boot sales starting up, similar to garage sales but everyone gets together in one place, but they are good fun......anyway so glad you found 3 pairs in small sizes whoop whoop for you Judy, that is exciting....it sounds like you did really well, and I love the sound of that bunny, the nurses are going to have some fun with that lol.

Really sorry to hear about your ex though, that can't be easy for you having to deal with someone who has given up....that is really sad.

Last edited by Sandy1; 03-16-2014 at 02:46 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sandy I think I was at your site when you were here. HEHE!!! Your car boot sales sounds like our fleamarkets here. And no we don't sell fleas as some people think. Smile. Down south they do them during the week but up here we do them on the weekends. I just love them but want to wait for warmer days to go. All the good stuff is out side and its still to cold today. 29 but wind chill is 17. Lets hope this is the last day of this.

Hey you are doing great on your new way of eating. Yesterday I ate off count because we were running around and went up by a pound. That might be due to holding water. You counting is showing you where all the cal. are comeing from. I can see a big differents when I count lowcarb. The old way I would just eat and not count and I was eating way up there and not careing because the fat was coming off. Now I can not do that probably due to old age. HEHEHE!!

My x is what he is. He made his self this away and I chose to not go down that rode with him. When he left he could still drive and go any where he wanted to. He could cook and clean and work if he would which he quit doing the last 6 years with me. He decided I could work for both of us. WRONG!!!!

My sister just called and I told her about the car boot sales. She said I needed to save my money and fly over for one of the sales this summer. Concedering I have never been out of the US. that would be a big sale to go too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next thing you know she will want to go to the sale too I am sure HEHEHE!!! She thought that was neat yesterday when I told her you threw a stone in the ocean for me. So cool. Well I better go Noel has started to jump up in my lap. Time to get off before she posts something and tells all my bad storys.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #492

Did you find anything about the Thrift shops??? So glad the weather has turned a bit for you!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Judy, so glad you had a good weekend, Monday comes around to quick when you are working....our car boot sales don't start I think until the first week in April, and I am like you only want to go if the weather is nice.
The new way of eating is going amazing, it totally surprised me to be honest as it is easy and its working....but I was shocked at the amount of carbs in a lot of veg, I was definitely overeating on calories and carbs lol.
Thank goodness your ex didn't drag you along with him Judy, you had such a lucky escape there, now we just need to find you a good guy lol.....Hope your week is a good one and that weather changes soon.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #494
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you made quite a haul, Judy! And those size 10s? WOW! I'm totally jealous, you tiny, slim thing you!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi Judy! Marvelous thrift store shopping! size 10

I spent a few days with my four year and two year old grandsons. They had ear infections, bronchitis, and spiking fevers and were just miserable and hated taking their antibiotics. So I got some intense grandma-ing in. So glad they are feeling better.

So to get to where the little grandsons live is about three hours away and requires freeway driving! That means 70 miles per hour speed limit, merging traffic, and watching for exits, etc. all of which I never normally do. I should have paid more attention as my husband drove us there other times and maybe I would have not gotten off at the wrong exit, but did finally get there and back home again. I did say to myself a time or two, "Well, Judy drives a BUS on freeways and snowy, icy roads, so I can do this!"

I did figure out on the way home that I have working cruise control in my car. Had never used it before.

So, back low carb today after being off-track last week. Hope all is well for you. Better sign off your journal page. Always fun to visit here! Thanks!

Joni
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Just caught up with your posts, Judy, and as usual you've given me the gift of a smile on my face and in my heart. It is so wonderful that you're continuing on your successful journey toward better health and losing weight and wearing size 10 slacks.

My heart goes out to you regarding your ex-husband's situation. As painful as it is, we often have to let some people we care about choose their own paths even when those choices may be self-destructive ones. We simply cannot control others and all adults must be responsible for and accepting of the consequences of their own decisions. I know it is not easy to watch someone mired in self-destructive behaviors. You are so sweet and compassionate a person that I'm sure his calls must be tremendously difficult for you. I send you love.

And I send you thanks for always cheering me with your good humor and good sense.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 03-18-2014 at 04:44 PM..
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #497

How goes it girl???
Old 03-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody, Sorry but it just seems that form Mon. to Thurs I just don't get on some times. I have Noel decorateing my shoes and chair right now. I guess that is better then her up here on the desk tho. She has pink yarn all wrapped up all over me and the chair. Since reading JUDDD she has redone me 3 times. Whats really funny is she only likes the pink yarn. She also has blue and green and she does not decorate with them. The pink is all thru the house every day when I get home.

MonicaSo glad to hear from you. Sorry I am so late. I go to the nurseing home on Mon. night and get home at bed time then Tue my x was acting up with me. Wed I just came home ate took a bath then went to bed early. So here I am. I love the thrift stores. I am sorry Noel just turned my copier on. Any way I love to go to the stores and find things I think I just have to have. HEHEHE!!! By the way you are doing so good with your diet and all that walking. Way to go girl. I am so proud of everyone who has wrote to me. You all are doing great. I am so glad you are getting back in the swing of things. Now If I can just get there we will all be ok.

Sandy Oh My God you are doing great since last weekend. I about had a heart attack when I read your journal. You blew me away girl. I am so glad that it is working for you. I need to see if I can do it that way too for awhile. I am so tickled you have found the way for you. The x is giving me fits the past few days. He called work this morning wanting his incomecheck that the government sent to my house by mistake. It has not come yet and he is having fits. He called very drunk and 9:30am wanting the check. Of course I don't have it so he was not very happy.

Oh Carol I love my size 10"s. Now if I can just stay in them after dealing with x for a couple of weeks. I need to shoot the Gov. for sending that check my way. He has not lived here in 3 years so how they came up with my address I don't know. I hope they send it to his house and he finally leaves me alone. That is partly why I came off JUDDD. I could not deal with the scale not going down since Christmas and him acting up at the same time. At least my size went down. If he goes away again maybe I can keep it down. I am up 4 lbs. do to over eating and wrong stuff from just dealing with his calls for 2 weeks. I will get this under control. You are doing so great at just Lowcarbing. I just set and read everyones journal and your Juddd thread on what you are doing now. WE all need breaks now and again. There is nothing wrong with that and you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I am Proud of you.

Joni I hope those little guys are feeling better by now. They sound so sick. You had a long trip to get to them. I get lost on the highway exits all the time so don't feel bad. I absolutely do not like to go the the big towns like Columbus or Cincinnati. I can get around in Cin. some but stay away from Col. There are too many exits changing too fast there. If you don't know where you are going you will go off the wrong one real fast. I have cruise control of car and bus and have never used it. I know I am crazy but I have not. Hope your low carb diet is going good this week. You are doing great I am sure. Have a great weekend.

Lola I promise not to bore you with any more about my x tonight. Thanks so much for sending your love it means so much to me. Thanks to my x I got up to 219 years ago trying to deal with him. Since we have been divorced for 3 years I have gotten down to 144 is my lowest point until 2 weeks ago. I have went from 22 to size 10 pants this week. So you see there is advantages to divorcing some one . You can find you old self under all the fluff.

Here is something to make all of you smile tonight. I was driving my little ones (3 to 5) this lunch time when I pulled up to a red light and stopped. One of my 3 year old boys hollered out Miss Judy can you drive thru the drive thru and get me a orange Juice I am getting thirsty. I about fell out of my seat laughing over that one. My aid had to explain why my bus would not fit in the drive thru while I had tears running down my cheeks. HEHEHE! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am proud of each and every one of you on your diets. You are all doing great. Love and Hugs Judy
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #499

Judy, now that is a funny story! Made me smile big this morning!

you have done great. Shedding the Husband and the weight! Sometimes it truly takes both to get it all happening!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hi Windygap! Just catching up. Have to ask, did your co-worker try to save some food for you last Friday? Wow. Unbelievable!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

How cute about the bus and the drive through. Hey, when you get thirsty, you get thirsty!

Thanks for your support on my LC break. I've been overwhelmed by the support I've gotten here. Unbelievable!

I'm sorry the x is giving you fits, and it's stressing you out. Sometimes life just makes it tough to stick to plan, but you'll get it back in line when you're ready!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls, Monica glad I made you smile. It really happened. Yes it is a good thing to shed x's and weight. It is taking me awhile to do it but am trying. I was bad today food wise but will start over tomorrow.

Sirtain Yes she did but I said no and stuck with it. Also today she ask very politely and I said no again because I planed to go out tonight and eat out. Thanks for stopping in.

It is 70 today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time this spring. I am doing the baby dance right now. It feels so great. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Judy the minute muffin recipe is.
Well first you have to go and buy some flaxseed.....when I lived in Canada they sold it in the supermarkets....now I am in England I thought I would have a problem getting it....but I found it easy in our supermarket over here, so you should be ok to find it as well.....the one I buy is Linwoods....but as long as it says flaxseed....
1/4 cup of flaxseed
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 sm pk sweetener
I tsp oil
1 egg

Put all ingredients into a mug, and mix well.....microwave for 1 minute and voila you have a lovely muffin....you can put butter, cream cheese etc on it....I have grown to like them so eat it cold and plain just to save calories lol......it is full of omega 3's, iron etc etc and also keeps you regular in the washroom dept lol.

Hope your day went well,
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Carol we were both typing at the same time. You got to love 4 year olds. Juice and all. I just went out and ate all the wrong foods tonight and I am sure the scales will go up but am starting to let the x get too me. No check again today. Maybe the mail man sent it back because he knew he did not live here. I plan to go back to JUDDD in a few weeks. I just could not get the numbers to work after Christmas. I will be fine. I love these size 10 too much to give them up so that will help me to keep trying. Have a great weekend
Old 03-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Oh Sandy thank you so much. I will make one tomorrow morning. I can't wait. I let my self eat what ever I wanted tonight because I knew I was going to start with you girls tomorrow. I knew you would not let me eat fried rice and the fixens so I had it tonight. I want some about every 6 months when I am lowcarbing. I thought I would get it out of the way for the next 6 months. HEHE!!! I will write this down and I saved your message so I could refer to it this week. Thank you so much.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

To funny Judy....you are right...I threatened to kill Susan this morning for looking at a cookie lol....its best to get that craving out the way....oh my gosh its my fav food in the world....fried rice.....wow lol, lucky woman....
Old 03-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Oh Sandy I will be the one to weight more for eating it tonight but now I can go on dieting. So I will be over 150 tomorrow probably but no big deal. You will be the one looseing. I know I know no cookies either. HEHEHE!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Judy.......step away from the cookies........do not eat the cookies........Sandy will murder you !!!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:12 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Lol....I don't think I have stopped laughing this morning....you guys are so funny lol...
Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Oh Susan I have to step way from the fried rice. I saw her getting her fork out to stab my hand last night. She was really looking mean when I said fried rice. You will be ok Sandy it will make you gain 3 1/2 lbs over night so don't touch it. HEHEHE!!

Ok so here I go 1st day of eating in the SSJJ club Goal is for today under 1000 carbs and 20 carbs. I will try hard.

Starting weight thanks to the big blow out last night 151.7