Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi Sirtain Thanks for dropping in to join us. Yes the Ghost hunt was really neat. Not scared at all the whole time just investigating all night. We knew going in no bad ghost in that house. All people that were family or workers of the house. I loved it. That was my birthday gift from my sister. She knows other then dieting and lowcarb that is all I watch or read mostly. My sister works where the guy that runs it works out and they got to talking one day and he said his hobby was ghost hunting and that is how she found out about it. Loved it Loved it. Come on in any time. I might go again some day.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Lola maybe you could work it out some way. I know when the dr. talked the last time I contacted on of the JUDDD girls and she said she does under 20 on down days and as high as 50 on up days. I am just starting to try that. Maybe you could still stay under 20 on up days. My inflammation is way down to almost 0 doing just JUDDD. That's with out lowcarb. It would be worth a try.

To Sandy and any of my lowcarbers a great recipe. Go to Linda's low carb menus. Go the breads or scones. Look up nancys cinnamon and walnut scones. Oh my gosh if you have carbQuik give this one a try. I just made them and took only 1 bite as this is DD but have them ready for up days. Oh my gosh they are great warm. I have had the recipe since 2007 but could never fine the carbquik. I have had 2 boxes since summer and just found my old recipe. Finally put the two together. Sandy you will love this with your tea. 257 cal. 5 net carbs. They are great now if I can just keep my fingers out of them till tomorrow. They are big so they are worth the cal. Carol and monica I bet you would love them just like big biscuts with walnuts and sugar and cinnamon on top. Counting down till I can have one.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Well it's here ice snow ice and snow again last night. They put us on a 2 hr. delay today so I went out at 5:30 am to get my drive cleaned out so I could see it. If your not care full you can go off on the right down a small hill and have to be pulled out. So I was out clearing off the snow and ice when they called us off. Oh well I went ahead and finished it off. We got around 4 inches plus the ice.

I got on the scales and down to 144.0 today. Wow 6 more oz. I'll take it. I am so close to breaking my stall I can taste it. One more oz. and it is broke. Whooooooooooo!
I have tweaked for 2 months trying to find out what was wrong. I am still holding my breath until I see 142 then I know it is broke for sure.

Hope all are nice and warm with a hot drink in hand to keep warm.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Hi Judy...sounds like you are doing great and working hard to get out of that stall, thanks for the recipe it sounds amazing, I have put the link into my favourites for when I feel like baking.....so far judd is amazing and I am loving it and saw a drop in the scales this morning, I wish I had discovered this last month, but still glad I am on it now.

Stay safe in all that horrible weather....ice and then snow...definitely not a good combination.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #455
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Windygap, I don't generally have time to troll the boards, hard enough just keeping up with JUDDD. But I loved reading about your Ghost Hunt, wow, what an amazing experience.

And this is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Hey Sandy. I just did something for you. I finally measured for the first time since Aug.7th. I have been so bummed out since the day after Christmas. I thought 2 good down days or three and I would be back on track. Well little did I know my body went into the starved mode and stopped my motab. again. So You know ever since we met I have been tweaking my diet trying to get it started again. Well here is the results to get you started.

I started JUDDD June 16 . By Thanksgiving I was down to 144 . A 22 lbs lost. Well today March1st I just hit it again for the first time since Thanksgiving day. I have hit 145 about 3 times and it always jumps back up. Today I finally broke thru all the way to my lowest number. Now here comes what I did for you today to let you see even if you are stuck and stalled out things still happen.

Waist June16 July 11 Aug.7 March1 2014

39 37 37 34.5

underarm 13 13 13 12

Muffin top 39.5 37 37 34.5

Hips 44 42 42 40

Thigh 23 22 22 21

Bust 42 42 42 37

Total from june 16 2013 to March 1 2014

Weight 22 lbs. With stall out for 2 months In. 21.5 lost.

So you see even with a 2 month stall I am still a winner. Try it you will like it and you do not have to go lowcarb. You can eat anything you like. I just started lowcarb to try to break the stall. And to get ready for the blood work for sugar latter this year. I do not want the doctor putting me on meds for sugar, So join the JUDDD group and have a blast. They are a great group. Love ya.
<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is amazing.

Please, please, please post it on the JUDDD NSV thread. It is soooo encouraging.

Brilliant job, and remember, Keep On Keeping On.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #456

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hey girl, sorry about the crappy weather! MARCH is here MOTHER NATURE, CLUE IN!!! Sunday we had the LOWEST HIGH on record! High Sunday on 03/02 here was 6*! Spring, if you are out there, please visit us soon!

Be safe girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sandy so glad you liked the recipe. I ate my first one today and it was soooo good. I went along time with atkins years ago and would have gave any thing to eat something like this. You get so tired of meat eggs and cheese. I can't believe I lost that recipe for so long.

Glad you had a first DD loss. You are on your way to success. I will try to stay warm. I just got back from sneeking over to my sisters and cleaning her drive which is on a hill.
She is at work and just had 15 shots in her neck and back for pain the night before the ghost hunt so I did not want her to do that hill again this soon after all the shots. So I hope the sun will melt her car tracks. I can not fight to get them off due to my eye surgerys. So old mister sun has to melt the rest. She has to make 2 to 5 tries to get up her hill every night when it snows. Getting down is easy its the going up. Her son got up ok last weekend but slid down in his new truck side ways all the way down.

Oh my Gosh Cindy I never dreamed you would stop in and say hi. I read all you post all the time and love hearing about all you trips and gatherings with family. All your pictures and post have inspired me since I have found lcf. You, Carly, Carol, Dawn and Flutter and Monica are the ones I watch the most to stay inspired.

I never thought to post the numbers over there. I was just doing it to show Sandy that even if I did not loose the last 2 months stuff was still happening to my body. I was trying to get her to give JUDDD a try.

Yes the Ghost hunt was real and I loved every minute of it. We still can not believe that we both got touched that night. My sister was talking to the head person of the group at the gymn where they work out and he was telling her about that shadow that he had seen in the attic right before we left. He was saying that it was big and hunkered down as it walked behind some stuff in the attic. Darn I missed it. Oh well maybe I can go back to another hunt sometime. They go all over in other states to check things out.

Thanks again for stopping in. Love all the new photos you have posted and the hats.

Oh Monica if this snow does not go away I am going to scream. I love snow but we have had it all winter. We just saw our grass for the first time in a month or 2 and then here it came again. I believe it was slowsure that said the flowers are starting to bloom in England. I was soo hoping we were going to get spring here soon. I even called my sister and girlfriend and told them yesterday morning that spring just had to be coming if she saw the flowers starting over there then an hour latter here came the ice.

Thanks to all of you for stopping in. I will let you know as soon as I hit my next lowest number. Soon I hope.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Windy, you are just the sweetest person. How wonderful that you are so sensitive and responsive to your sister's needs. It sounds as though you both are great friends as well as sisters.

I simply don't know how you deal with all that snow. Although I grew up in the north, I've now lived most of my life down here and no longer know how to deal with the snow...I am afraid to drive in it, especially when there's ice. Yesterday we had temps as high as 71, the narcissus have emerged and look as though they're almost ready to bloom...some already have at a friend's house across town...but today we have freezing rain, sleet, ice and possibly snow a little later. It's supposed to go down to 12 degrees tonight. The weather is just wack.

You take care, dear. Stay warm and safe and off the roads if you can.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #459

OH I hope Spring is here soon too girl! I want to see some COLOR. No more WHITE or BROWN!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
What a sweet and considerate sister you are, Judy! I'm sure she will be so thankful not to have to do that. I hope your snow is about ready to go for good this winter. It's warmed up here and the weeds are in full bloom! We got an inch and a half of rain Saturday/Sunday (it's a lot here - we average 7-8 inches per YEAR!) and so they'll really be coming on strong soon. Achoo!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, Well you want a good laugh. My sister thought that the sun melted all the snow away. I talked to her today at work and thought it odd that she did not mention that some one had done her drive. Well I hinted to her and told her that I had done mine at 5;30am because I thought we were just on a 2 hour delay. Well that's when she told me she guessed what little salt she had left and the sun must have cleared her drive because when she got home it was all clear. I had a good laugh there at work then a few lines later I told her oh by the way there is a rock in you grass by the drive that needs to be put back in the right place when it is all melted. That is when she finally understood the sun had help. HEHEHE!!!

Lola I am so tired of this snow I could scream. Hope you did ok. Our highest I think has been two 60"s days but the wind was so bad they felt like 50"s. I have no signs of flowers. I have heard some people say they have seen some trees getting their buds but I have not seen any. The only signs I have seen are the birds are coming back.

Monica I could sure use some color too! All I have seen since Christmas is white until last week we saw brown yards for 1 day then back to white.

Thank you Carol you all are so nice. My sister and I are good friends. You can have some of our water and snow I will ship it to you if you like. Please send a little warmth our way. Not a lot just a little.

Hope every body is lighter when we meet again.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

You send warmth my way every day with your posts, Windy. You never fail to delight and charm me. I want to thank you for enriching my life (and renewing my faith in mankind). The internet has brought me many joys and I count you as one of them. Today the sun returned and melted all of yesterday's snow and ice. I send good wishes your way and hopes that your snow and ice will soon disappear as well.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Your story about your sister and her driveway made me laugh, that she thought it was the sunshine that did it lol....you are funny...I loved that you didn't tell her straight away lol.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lola and Sandy, Well it was 47 the last time I drove by the Bank today. We had just a little breeze instead of the strong winds we have had all winter. It almost felt warm. The snow is almost gone. I am afraid to hope.

I just went and had my hair cut for the first time in about 6 months. It was below my shoulders now it is a bob cut just above my shoulders. It feels so odd. I have very little hair because of all the operations I have had. 5 in 8 years. So I was talking to my boss and my girl friend and they talked me into getting a bob or they suggested a Paula Dean cut. I would love to have that but I did not think my hair was thick enough. Hope I can get it to poof out in the morning.

Going to see if I have any precancer cells on my body tomorrow. I go once a year to do this. That is the big thing for me. You can tell I have a boring life if that is my Friday night date. They usually find some but I don't see any so far I don't think.

Hope you are looseing great. ME
Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Sending all good thoughts and wishes your way dear. May your tests prove negative.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Judy good luck on your tests, it must be a pretty scary time for you with it kind of hanging over you like that, so sending big hugs.
I always wash my hair after getting home from the hairdressers as they make it so flat and thin looking, and I like my thick hair, no matter how many times I tell them not to straighten it or blow dry it to flat they always do.....crazy people....whenever I have my hair cut I have to keep looking in the mirror every hour just to see what it looks like.....a good way to make your hair thicker is to dry it with your head upside down, it gives it more puff lol.
Thinking of you today and good luck on those tests x
Old 03-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #467

OH girl, show us your new hair do! It's always nice getting a hair cut. My hair is super thin too. Mine is from years of undiagnosised thyroid issues! Such is! My DH has very little hair (practically bald) he says HAIR IS OVERRATED!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #468
Big Yapper!!!!

Sending lots of good thoughts your way on those tests. I'm sure it's nerve-wracking each time.

Yes, pictures of your new haircut would be great! Funny, Sandy, about making your hair look flatter. They always do the opposite to me - make me look like a local newscaster from the 80's....in Texas. BIG HAIR! I hate it that way.

Let us know how everything goes today!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Did your hair poof out like you wanted, Windy? Like you and Zipp I have have thin hair, mine due to thyroid problems and it is also very fine. As Sandy mentioned I blow dry it with my head upside down and I also use volumizing products like mousse which seem to help.

We've been inundated with cold rain and sleet since last night. I worry about flooding. We lost power at 2 a.m. and I never could get back to sleep after that maybe because of concern about the power outage so I'm running on empty today. The power came back on at 8 a.m. thank goodness but I've been too tired to accomplish anything. There have been continuing power outages in the area due to ice on lines and falling trees bringing down the lines. I just hope we don't lose ours again. I got way too cold. Can't wait for spring to arrive.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody. Lola please don't send the ice this away Please. It is in the 50's today I think. Yesterday felt soooooo nice. No windy and sunny. Easter flowers are about 1in. up so far. So sad about lack of sleep and power. I sure hope it does not flood. I was worried about that here. So far so good.

Monica I would love to put a picture on but don't know how. It is just above the shoulders and today I could put stuff in it and spray it while it had some body. Yesterday I could not use anything because of going for test. Love DH's thoughts.

Carol how are you doing since you have changed. Your menu's sounded great. Are you feeling better? I hope so. My prayers are with you. You are going to be ok you just need a breather. I had a good laugh hearing about your 80's hair do. That was so funny.

The doc found no cancer cells so far. He did fine a new flat dark mole that looked just like a age spot you might get on you arm. It was in the back of my right arm. It was indented in the middle which he did not like. So He shot me in the arm then cut it off. Sending it out to see if it is cancer. He will call if it is next week. Other then that all is ok.

I had a run in with some one yesterday that kept trying to get me to eat something that I did not want to eat. I can't say who or what but after 6 times of saying no you would think they would get the message. Oh no they came to see me at home to try again. How many times do we have to say no before they get the message. So that being said I blew my up numbers last night just from being upset with them. Thank God it did not show on the scales this morning. I really think that people are just jealous of us because we are going down and they don't want to but they don't want us to make them look bad. Sorry girls but she drove me to the limit last night. That being said I am still at 144 and I will go lower just to spit her you wait and see. I hate people that try to stop you from looseing on purpose. I had a friend like that you almost 20 years. She is no longer a friend because she could not stand me looseing infront of her all those years. If we went in a restruant and I ordered lowcarb she and her dh would put me down the whole time as they ate all the wrong stuff and wondered why the doctor was upset with them. The last time that happened a couple of years ago I said to my self that is enough, no more. They left and I just waited for her to call me because I was not going to call and try to keep peace any more. Well Like I said that was 2 years ago and still no phone calls either way. I guess some people just can't get it threw their heads that some people care how they feel and look and are not afraid to change their bodys.

Sorry girls I just had to get that off my chest. I got so upset yesterday with this girl it reminded me of what I had went thru with the other people that it just went thru me I guess. They think we do this for fun or because we are vain. Sorry I am not vain and this dieting is not fun in my book. I can think of a lot more things that are fun.

Oh my I better get off here before I loose my reputation for being nice. Love to all
Old 03-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

I think that someone who continues to try to force you to eat something after you've declined a number of times is on some level not a true friend. A friend respects you and respects your decisions even if they don't agree with you.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Wow that was just awful that someone would actually do that....and you said six times the word no....oh I just hate that....really not a good person to be around, and like you said I honestly would put it down to jealousy, good for you though Judy sticking to your guns....I was proud of you when I read that.....although it did make me laugh when you wrote 'I will go lower just to spite her you wait and see'
totally loved that part....good for you and you will lol....I totally agree that we don't do it because we are vain but because we care about our health, I don't understand people who don't to be honest....all that fat they have round their middles is encasing all of their organs in fat....its a shame they don't care enough about themselves..... now I am going on lol........Hope your weekend is a good one.....especially now the sun is shining...
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Great news that the doctor didn't find anything, and keeping the good thoughts for that spot they sent to be tested.

Unbelievable about people who try to get you to eat what you don't want. I'm not sure I've ever encountered that. Not to that extent anyway. Why? I just don't get why it would even occur to someone to care whether you eat something or not. Maybe I'm insensitive, but I don't give a hoot what anyone else eats or doesn't eat! Jealousy has to be the answer. People are weird.

I'm doing great on my LC plan today! I feel really good and I think/hope I've got my cravings under control. Thanks for asking

Have a great weekend, Judy!

Oh, yeah! Your reputation for being nice is safe.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls, So glad I did not scare you off by venting. It was just after 6 times at work and then they show up at your house and normally they don't come over I just felt that was a bit much. And yes I may be stuck right now but I will go lower just to spite them both. I noticed when I ran into my old friend at supper out one night a couple of months ago she sure was giving me the once over and I even had on a supper big winter coat on and big heavy sweater on. Just think how she would ogle if she saw me in loose size 12 Kakis and Med shirt. I hope I run in to them again some time so she can eat her heart out. I have tried to help her so many times and she just keeps wining about wanting to loose but never really giving it a real try. There I go again sorry enough shut up Judy!

It is sunny again yea!. Sorry the sun don't find this part of Ohio until spring. Just about all winter we are over cast and when the sun comes out we wonder what it is. I had a lady from Ala. that was stationed here at the airforce base years ago that thought that the sun never came out but 5 times while she was here. HEHEHE!!! I know it came out at least 6 times I am sure. HEHEHEH! I have the windows open a tiny bit trying to air the winter out of this house.

I want to go some where but don't know where. Maybe flea market of mall ? Or maybe movies. Don't know . I need to go for a walk somewhere. It's been to cold all winter unless your a true die hard which I am not.

Oh Spring please be here PLEASE! We don't want to start mowing but we are so tired of moving snow around. We moved our time ahead last night so that is sure a sign of spring. Hope all are well.

Lola that is what I finally decided on by old friend. It took me a long time to decied it but I finally did. Thanks Hope you are doing fine.

Sandy I hope the new low cal. works for you. Just keep trying you will find what works for you.

Carol My sister about fell out of her seat when I raised my sleeve and she saw how much he cut off. I guess it is bigger that I can see. Hope it comes back non cancer.
I am like you I don't care what any eats around me. I don't see why they do. If you told me you were going to eat only turtle soup this Easter season I would not care a bit. I would figure you likes turtle soup. I always figure to each your own. We are all different.
If you don't believe that look at how many diets we have on this site. And that is not all of them.

I love each and every one of you and judge you not. You can chance you diet 50 times and I won't say a word against it. We all have to find what works for us. I know mine is to keep my mouth shut at the table but I can not seem to do that so I have to keep trying. There is going to be birthdays every month and holidays and vacations and we just have to learn who to work around them and keep on going on. If a diet way starts upsetting us and making us feel restless then by all means try some thing else that makes you feel comfortable. I sure am. Hugs to all Judy
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi Judy! Hooray for sunshine! All is well here in this part of our fine Country. Just wanted to pop by to see what you have been doing. Sorry you had to deal with that overly persistent person trying to get you to eat-wow even coming to your house. Good Grief!

Hope you are finding the perfect thing to do today to enjoy your day. Wishing you Spring for sure!

Joni
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

I find your venting style very appealing, Windy. You manage to stay so civil, very polite and gentle. Quite admirable, I'd say. Just one more of your delightful characteristics. Wishing you sun, warmth and spring flowers in the near future.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #477

Judy - I completely understand. It is RUDE of people to think they should/can force someone to eat! It's hard enough fighting off our own demons, let alone others!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #478
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I just have to tell you I'm so glad we're online friends! You are such a positive ray of sunshine, and always so fun to "chat" with! Love you my friend!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Hope that sun is shining for you Judy....and hope your tests come back clear.....and as lowcarbgal says you are just a ray of sunshine....its true so sending you hugs.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody Yes the sun is shining and it is nice out side. Warmer then it has been. It is in the low 60's and guess what You got it snow tomorrow. Then none maybe until around the 17th they say. I dought we get much tomorrow. We will wake up to 50 then go down to 30's by 8am. Don't you just love it.

Oh Joni guess what? As soon as I got to work Monday the girl asked if Friday was a Up or Down day I ask why and she said it was her turn to buy and she has decided to make something. I told her not to count me in. And then I said Besides that I will be gone when you guys eat. She said no problem I could eat it when I get off my run or get back if I leave for my break. There is no winning with this one.

I hope you had a great weekend. I am glad you are having great weather too. Guess what I got into size 12 slacks Mon. Then this morning I tried size 10 and they fit so I wore them to work today. That sure shocked me.

Oh Lola you girls make me feel so great. I don't know when If ever any one has said such nice words about me until I came to this site. The last site I was on every time I said something I just about killed every thread. And I do mean killed it. No one would answer any thing I commented on. It really gives you bad vibes when that happens. You all are a breath of fresh air to this old girl. Hope you week is going great.

Monica how is your way of eating treating you? Is it going easier now? It sounded like it is kicking in. Hope it is warmer where you are. How is your son doing?

Carol Thank you so much. I have been brow beaten by two husbands for so long sometimes I forget that there is a real Judy and she is ok. If my typing is bad it is because my kitten keeps jumping in my lap and trying to give me kisses the whole time I am typing. Between that and having dexlexia too If I am tired like the last post I screw up my words bad. I just read the last one over and oh brother did I goof that message up. Oh well I tried. Kitty has been up here at least 15 times just on this one
post. She just started trying to type with me from behind the screen. Oh no there she goes with one of my note books. She just knocked off all the papers on the left side of the screen and now she is ripping a page out of my book and is playing soccer with it.

Sandy how is your new way of eating going? I have not looked thru everybodys journal yet. Got to do that if Noel leaves me alone for a few min.

Well girls I will reread this and hope I get everything corrected before Noel post this for me. She just tried and almost did it again. Thank God she did not loose this post. Bye.