LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi lola how is your weekend going. Thank you for the birthday message. I am down to a size 12 and med. shirt since I talked to you last. Scales keep bounceing from 145 to 151 and back. I am hopping that this warm weather will cause me stall to break soon.

Going ghost hunting tonight for my birthday present from my sister. Tomorrow she is having all of us over for a birthday dinner.

Have a great weekend. Hope you are looseing great!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Whoooahhhh....ok that's me making scary noises lol....good luck on your ghost hunting, it should definitely be a good giggle lol....don't forget to post all about it....its nice being spoiled on your birthday x
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Dear Diary and Sandy

I promised Sandy to tell all about the Ghost Hunt last night. Well let me tell you something diary. It was good from the word hello.

We got there about 7:15 and signed in and looked at the General Harding House in the lamp lights. A guide took us thru and told us about the family. Then at 7:30 when every one got there the guide left and locked us in.

The club told us their names and showed us the things that we would be using. While we were waiting to go up the girls went into the kitchen to get water and some of their things. We went to and I was standing beside a door way watching the main comp. screen that had 4 rooms on it at the same time. As I was standing there in the lighted room watching the screen I felt someone touch my cheek and it felt like it was viberating as they rubbed. I thought maybe it was the nerve in my face doing it because I did not think any thing could happen that fast. So after that we went up to the childrens room to try there. Right away we had all kinds of things happen. We also used the Rods that you always see on tv. They answered all kinds of questions for a long time and said one of the ghosts names was Dixie. We knew that was the name of a women that use to work at the house when it first opened up. While we were asking questions at first I felt my cheek get rubbed again the same way. So I told every one that It had just happened and that it had happened when I was in the kitchen. I explained why I did not say any thing at first. We heard things in the hall way behind me several times so the girl went out there and set for awhile to try to talk to a girl who died in 1953 who has talked to her several times before. It did not work so we went to the staircase that they hear people walk up and down most of the night. We had them light the lights a lot there and we would get cold spots. Then we took a 10 min. break and ordered pizza. After eating some candy and chips to keep awake we went on up the attic to try to talk to the care taker. He kept turning a flashlight on and off when we asked questions. He would play games like hide and seek in the attic with us with the machines we were running. We could ask something and he might not answer for 5 min. And when we got to talking about others things and started to laugh he would all of a sudden turn on the light like he was wanting to laugh too. Two girls saw a very tall dark person cross in front of a big frosted window. It looked about 7 ft. tall with wide shoulders. It only moved behind the camera in front of the window and went left blocking most of the window one time. Much latter they saw it move in the back of the room one more time. I missed seeing both but the rods I was holding was hitting my left arm over and over hard so I knew I could not be doing it. When I said that we had more the one person in the room the light came on real bright. We ask if they would turn it off to confirm there were more than 1 and it went straight off. They called us down for pizza after that and we took about a 45 min. break.

While we were upstairs a group was down stairs and said that a lady who came like us got to talk to her mother while she was down there. She also saw a little boy when she first came in that night in the first 5 min.

When we broke up we went on the main floor and worked and they went up. They got nothing and we got a lot of action on the stairs. Some one kept walking up and down them. We heard a man and women talking for about 3 min. We had heard a lady upstairs. They went out side to make sure no one was near the house. Not that.
They had talked on the Frank box and got some one talking a few times earlier in the evening in the basement . WE went down and nothing happened other then the ghost kept dropping the temp. to as low as we would ask everytime. They did that after they saw the dark man in the Attic. All of a sudden the temp. went crazy around one girl. She about froze to death while it was happening and we all were ok. You could see her breath and she was shakeing bad. The mettor said her spot was 15degrees colder then where any of us was. Well it happened again by my sister and another lady about 10 min. later.

When we all went to the main floor to listen to the Frank Box as they ask questions no one would answer. We finally decided to go to the attic to try but no luck. By then it was 3:45 am and we was to stop at 3 so we called it a night. So you see Diary I got touched 2 times and was answered several times so I had a great time with my ghost Birthday Party.

Now today the family is getting together for a supper for me and my cousin who I have not seen in years is comeing from ky. So its party time.!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Oh Diary I forgot to tell you something. You remember that we was all eating pizza during our break. Well we were all telling what had happened to us and a girl told me to tell about getting touched. I told them about getting touched in the kitchen and then about in the childrens room. Well the girl filming in the dark turned around and said I don't know if you know this and I did not want to tell you at the time because I did not want you to get scared but you hair was pulled way out when I moved the camra at you when that happened and I got it on film and you could see when the ghost dropped it. She asked if I knew and I said NO! So you see I really did meet a ghost last night. Maybe he liked my dangling earings. HEHEHE!!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh.....when I saw your post I knew I was in for a good read so I made a cup of tea lol....wow what a night, I have never heard of ghost hunting for real, I mean I know I have seen in on tv, but i thought it was similar to a ghost walk that I went on once, just like a guided tour of interesting things....wow so this was in a real house and you stayed until nearly 4 in the morning....what a lot of fun you must have had.....the one thing that gave me goose bumps was the last bit you wrote when the girl who was taking the film saw your hair pulled up and then dropped, and she had it on film....oh gosh that would have really freaked me out....it sounds like totally fun you must have quite a laugh....or should I say scare lol....what a brilliant birthday present though, definitely not your usual pressy lol. thanks for writing it out, I thoroughly enjoyed reading that, in fact I am going to go read it again lol....

Have a great time at your Birthday Supper it sounds brilliant....
Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
What a fun evening girl! Hopefully you weren't too scared!

How was the family party??? We need details girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #428
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and hope the family get together was fun too!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
What a great ghostly adventure, Judy!
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Well girls this is the second time in 2 days that I have wrote a big message and hit post quick and it went out in never never land. I am getting tired of this. I am a very slow typer to begin with.

Sandy so glad I could make for good reading during tea time. Hoped you liked it. I tried to remember as much as I could. If you are having scones with that tea I'll be right over.

Carol I had too much fun and food but that is what birthdays are for right!

Joni Yes It was a great adventure. I loved every min.

We had 9 at the party last night. Just family eating and having a good time. I had my present the night before. My son gave me a $50. gift card to Cracker Barrel. One of my favs. My mom and son thought we were out of our heads going ghost hunting. Come to think of it they all thought so. Oh well we had the fun and they did't.
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. Love you all.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

That's funny as I have had the problem as well of posting replies that disappear lol, I have started copying them now and then if they disappear I can just paste it lol,

Glad to hear the party went well, it sounds like you got spoiled, we all need that now and again...Have a great day.....
Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I loved reading about the ghost hunting, Windy. What strange fun that must have been.

Perhaps you have your own ghosts at home who've been playing with you by magically making your diary posts disappear. Whoo!

Have a great day, dear.

(edited to correct the typos that my ghosts have inserted)

Last edited by LolaGetz; 02-25-2014 at 05:36 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 AM   #433

Glad you enjoyed your party. Being with family/friends is always great. YOU deserve it!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm glad it was a fun time with your family, Judy. That's the best gift of all.

How's the weather there? Hope you have a great day!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello Judy! I have joined the lowcarbfriends hula hooping phenomenon. Just wanted to say I have nothing but admiration for you guys keeping that hoop a whirling. Am having a bit of trouble with the hoop creeping upwards occasionally-not good at armpit level- and of course have not been able to keep it going more than a minute at a time. But it is fun trying!

My daughter gave me tickets at Christmas for her and I to go to a musical Bring It On for one day next week. Am hoping that my new hearing aids will help me to hear the 'words' not just the music.

I think I saw that back your way the dreaded polar vortex words on the weather news. Are you dealing with cold, snow, icy roads? We had a few inches of powdery snow that drifted with the wind Monday. Cold waiting with the grandsons at the bus stop. They don't seem to mind and think Gma making them keep their hats and gloves on is something to roll their eyes at.

Well, talk to you another day. Take care!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #436

HOw goes it now girl???? This winter thing, it just keeps HANGING ON doesn't it???? I worry about you being a bus driver! Check in please!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:12 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls. Sorry not been feeling up to snuff lately and running till late every night. Not really sick but trying to catch something. 1/2 my bus is sick and my aid is real sick now. I went to bed at 7:30 last night. Only problem I took a lot of Vitman C last night when I got home. Guess what its great for getting water out. I got up 4 times and lost 4 lbs of water over night. That is great because when I got home last night it said I had gained 4 lbs during the day. I knew I did not hardly pee all day which is rare so I did not panic when I saw it last night but all gone today. Now for a good DD and maybe things will turn around.

I have started on all low carb 3 days ago to see if that helps. Going to try and do this till I have to see the doc. about sugar in the fall. I thought the sugar may be the hold up. I have tried everything under the sun so far. 147 this morning.

The weather here is crazy. It got to 60 one day and 17 the next morning. Still having single digits in the morning. 20 and 30 most days some 40 and a 50 or too but on those days the wind is so cold and strong it feels under 30. Last Sun it was sunny for the party and snowing by the time we left. Monday had snow and ice to deal with. Had a curvy road that aims at a pond that is frozen at one point. Very touchy. I just held my breath and curved by it. Big sigh when I past it. We have sun now and 30 today but Sun and Mon they are saying 10 inches or more coming. I am still freezeing most days. Unless I am doing my hula hoop HEHEHEHE!!!!

School is out today but I have to go in for a couple of hours so I have to get ready. At least I got to sleep later except for bathroom breaks. Dreaming of warmer days and far away places. My son had went to Florida on my birthday week. I did not know and wondered why I could not catch him. I thought he went to Tenn. to fish with his buddy. No I caught him Sunday morning. He had just got in at 3am. He kept saying he was freezing that day. I whispered to him that's a B isn't it. He laughed and said yes. I told him that what he gets for not takeing his mother to Florida for her birthday to get out of this cold weather. He had a good laugh. Oh by the way my boy is in his 40's or I would not have said that.

Well I better getting going. I try to get back later today. Have to go do taxes too. Also get ready for the big storm coming.

Oh my I never thought maybe a ghost did get in my comp. That's a funny thought. I make mistakes all the time. I can't spell very good any more. Love and Hugs to all.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear you are safe and well, lets hope you don't come down with something.

I have spent my week researching JUDD and it looks really cool, so I am thinking of having a go starting tomorrow, I have to decide before tomorrow as its grocery day, so I have been writing down lots of things I can eat on a dd, and have found a good online tracker to keep track of the up days....it seems there are a lot of people having success with this, I only noticed today that you were doing JUDD.

Anyway hope you stay healthy....
Old 02-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #439

Girl, the weather is NUTS lately! Thinking of you! Darn son, going without you! LOL

Sandy You will love JUDDD!!! It's all about the numbers in calories. You eat whatever you want!

Have a great weekend girls!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Hey girls. Yes the weather is nuts this year! You have a great weekend too girl. Sandy you will love JUDDD. I was doing great before the holidays then stalled my body out after when I tried to start over. You will do great. I was doing with reg food but have switched to all lowcarb and JUDDD 3 days ago. Hope this starts the losses again. Good Luck. Go to Dr Johnson's site and use the calculator to find your numbers. Most girls us no excerise button. That gives you the lowest numbers. You will be surprised how easy it is. I lost 22 in no time before the holidays.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:42 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Judy for what you wrote about JUDD, I am excited but nervous, those down days sound a bit hard lol, my down day number came out at 269, it worried me a bit as my banana yesterday morning was 169 lol, but I am still researching and looking on the thread so learning lots......hope your lcarb judd works out well, from what I have read everyone is doing great losing doing it that way...anyway so going grocery shopping, writing notes and my first up day is today.....Have a great weekend Judy.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sandy. I just did something for you. I finally measured for the first time since Aug.7th. I have been so bummed out since the day after Christmas. I thought 2 good down days or three and I would be back on track. Well little did I know my body went into the starved mode and stopped my motab. again. So You know ever since we met I have been tweaking my diet trying to get it started again. Well here is the results to get you started.

I started JUDDD June 16 . By Thanksgiving I was down to 144 . A 22 lbs lost. Well today March1st I just hit it again for the first time since Thanksgiving day. I have hit 145 about 3 times and it always jumps back up. Today I finally broke thru all the way to my lowest number. Now here comes what I did for you today to let you see even if you are stuck and stalled out things still happen.

Waist June16 July 11 Aug.7 March1 2014

39 37 37 34.5

underarm 13 13 13 12

Muffin top 39.5 37 37 34.5

Hips 44 42 42 40

Thigh 23 22 22 21

Bust 42 42 42 37

Total from june 16 2013 to March 1 2014

Weight 22 lbs. With stall out for 2 months In. 21.5 lost.

So you see even with a 2 month stall I am still a winner. Try it you will like it and you do not have to go lowcarb. You can eat anything you like. I just started lowcarb to try to break the stall. And to get ready for the blood work for sugar latter this year. I do not want the doctor putting me on meds for sugar, So join the JUDDD group and have a blast. They are a great group. Love ya.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Judy that is amazing....wow...totally brilliant, that was really inspiring to read, you are so lovely typing all of that out for me, it is appreciated, I might come back to read it again tomorrow when I do my first down day lol, it is good to keep reading inspirational things, so anyway sending you big hugs for that....I can't wait until I am in the 140's lol.
Thank you Judy..
Oh by the way you are right with what you said in my journal, I do have the numbers wrong, I joined the March challenge this morning for Judd and they said the same thing, so someone has re done my numbers for me with height etc and now it comes out quite a bit more.....thank you Judy....you are brilliant....
Old 03-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

So glad I could help. Now if my body keeps going in the right direction I will be ok. I knew we were in the same weight area because I started a 166 with up 1612 and DD 322 so unless your younger age for taller hight was changing you should be some where around there. Don't want you to loose any cals. WE need all we can get. Good Luck.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

I'm so impressed Judy. All your hard work is really paying off. Your success is inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I've been scared to try JUDDD because I can't imagine myself happily living within the limitations of the DD's...fear I'd either spend the day crazy hungry and miserable or else breaking the rules...but your story makes me think I should give it another look.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:09 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I loved your spooky post, Windygap. What an interesting experience.

Great news on your measurements.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lola. Give it a try for 2 weeks. It is well worth a try. I did not think I could do it either because I dream about food day and night. You will be surprised that it is the up days that give you trouble. A lot of girls can eat low but go crazy when they get to eat the big numbers.

You can either go straight liquid which I can not do. Or you can go all protin drinks all day or you can do food but be sure you know exactly who many cals. is in what you eat or you will go over for sure.

You want to go the Dr Johnsons web site and hit getting started. You will see a calculator.
Put you are female and are this high in in. and this weight in lbs. and age. It will tell you your numbers. Then come back here and get on the JUDDD site and tell them you are a newbee for March. Every one will help you and answer any qustions. You will stay on those numbers for a long time.

Good luck I hope you try. Oh I forgot for the first 2 weeks you can do 500 DD then try to go on down. I did not know that and started with my real number right from the start. You can do it either way its up to you.

This is the only diet I have ever wanted to stay on so that should tell you something.

Oh you can eat anything you want on this diet. You do not have to eat lowcarb. I got the first 22 lbs. eating all kinds of things. Now I am trying lowcarb so my sugar will get regulated. I am border line and don't want the dr. yelling at me for eating sugar. HEHEH!!!!

Here are my numbers for a week Last Sunday 150.6. Mon. 147.3 Tue 150 Wed 150.4
Thur 151.6 Fri 147 Sat.144.6 Sun. today 145.3. So don't let the numbers bobbing up and down scare you that is normal. Some people weight in only once a week after a DD. Some do everyday, some once a month its up to you.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Loved reading those numbers Judy...really inspiring, so were those numbers from doing low carb JUDD on both up and down days....
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Thanks just wanted to let you see what a week can be like bounceing up and down but you will go down and down and down after you get started good.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info and encouragement, Judy. Whatever I do I know I have to stay VLC because it is the only thing that has effectively blocked my arthritis discomfort and pain. I don't know exactly how it works but since I started VLC last Sept. I've not been bothered with any arthritis issues and they used to constantly trouble me. From what I've read here on LCF I suspect that VLC may reduce inflammation somehow.

In any case, even if I didn't have problems with arthritis I know that I can't eat certain things like sugar and starches because they are triggers for me and I can't have glutens since I've got celiac disease. So no matter the plan, my diet will need to stay VLC.

I'll see if I can develop the confidence to try JUDDD.

Meanwhile, keep inspiring us, dear friend.