LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi all you great girls,

Sorry more snow. We had about 4 ins. more this morning right at leaveing for work time. First we went on delay and called off. I was still going to a game tonight almost 35 miles and up a big hill again. Thank you God they finally called later this morning and called all games off for tonight. This one was way out in the country where it drifts bad and You can not see the road at night for the drifting fields. So glad I did not have to go.

Hi Monica. I am trying to stay warm if I could ever stop cleaning my drive way. It seems like that is all I have done this winter. Hope you guys stay warm too.

Carol I did not fail you are right. There is no failing on this plan just keep on keeping on. Went back down to 148 yesterday then back up to 150 today. Had a great DD today.

Lola Hope nothing is bad wrong. Don't worry about the snow just go slow and leave plenty of room between cars. If you feel like you should hold back at a light do so. I did and it saved us. I understand what you went thru on the ice. Been there, done that and got a tee shirt for it as they say. I have spun out on the highway going in circles in front of 2 cars a truck and a semi comeing at me in all 4 lanes. Hit a ice wall the bounced back in the highway again and spun a couple more times before I hit the ice wall again. That time I buried in to the ice wall. It took 30 min. digging with my hands and boots to get out then a trooper tried to give me a ticket for being out on a level 3 day. I explained that worked called me out and he still wanted to do it. I got out of it finally. So I do understand how you feel.

See all you fine people tomorrow.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
another snow day for you! I am glad you don't have to worry about work or the game!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Just stopping by to say Hello Judy and to see how you are doing. I guess your answer would be 'snow, snow, and more snow!' Take care, stay warm, and so glad you are following your instincts and being so careful when you do have to be out and about with your precious children cargo.

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Hi every one in journal land. Well yesterday, today, and tomorrow are 2 hour delays. Freezeing temps. a few of the busses wouldn't start or had troubles of some kind yesterday. Today was better and maybe by tomorrow we will have this down pat. Then you know what comes back tomorrow night and sat and sun. Don't any body say it because it might hear us and come running.

Well I still have not broke the stall. Still 150 high 148 or 149 low. Tried to move high up a little and it caused a big jump so not sure where I am going to tweak next week.

Spring is comeing. I know it is sure as I wake up in the mornings. Come on Spring!!!

Monica and Joni hope you looseing is doing great. You too Lola, Greeny, and Carol.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Well we had snow Fri. Sat. and Sun. and we still have some coming back tonight. A lot of people lost ele. thank God we did not.

I think I have finally broke my stall. I sure hope so. I was one pound away from my lowest weight this morning. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! It's about time.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Oh, that's wonderful, dear Windy. I'm so happy for you.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #337

OH Girl, so happy for you!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so glad to hear you've broken that stall! Perseverance wins out again - good for you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

This is wild. I was 145 Sun. 148 Mon. and 147 after next DD on Tue. So I hit 1 lbs. away from lowest then on next dd jumped up two? Oh well I must be getting close to breaking it. It was moms 84th birthday and we went out and ate. It was up dd and I had chicken stir fry only ate half and had a piece of cake half the size of every one else. Maybe it was salt or the sugar in the cake? I did a great DD yesterday.

We are out of school again. Too cold. I am going to enjoy my up day any how.

Carol I was reading panelmans comment to some one about not eating until after 2pm every day that helped him and I saw that carly does the same on dd eating late on dd is that what you do? Do you do it every day or only on dd? Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #340

Blame it on WINTER! I think I am purposely packing on pounds to help my body stay warm! LOL that's my story anyway! Love you girl!

Interesting thoughts on not eating till 2:00. More of a "window" of eating? Let me know your thoughts! I would love something to help me get back in control!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

I don't know about it. I just happen to catch a comment from panelman that said it helped him loose the last 10 plus 10 more not planed. I know Carol drinks coffee with hc until afternoon on DD to streach cal. and Carley just said she drinks 1 cup coffee with cream then does not eat on DD until right before bed. It just seems like the best loosers are eating late on DD and panelman does it on up days too just wondered if that would work.

I went up to 500 cal on down days and tried to go up the same difference on up day. That eventually caused me to go up to 153 one day 156 so I slowly brought DD back down to 322. It brought the weight back down to 145 Sun. Now it bounced up again but I am thinking it might have been the sauce in the Stir fri having too much salt. Or too much sugar in little cake. Well see.

Keeping cals. up on up day and going normal numbers on DD to see what happens. May try eating later on both days after I hear from carol. I am still tickled to be at 147 even though I was hopeing for 144 to hit lowest. I am under 150 which is great for me. If I get below 140 you will hear me all the way to Calf. screaming from the roof tops. Snow or no snow on the roof top.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Just waiting with bated breath to hear that beautiful shout of joy. And if things keep going as they're going I suspect it will come from atop that snow covered roof. We're expecting snow in a few hours so I've been cooking chicken and making cucumber salad ...planning ahead in case we lose power again. I sure hope we don't and I sure hope conditions will be o.k. for driving by Thursday. I'm planning on hunkering down until then. Keep up the great work and continued losses, Windy.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I can't wait to hear that shout of joy too!

I do try to eat as late as possible on both UDs and DDs, although I do sometimes have breakfast. It just seems like when I eat anything solid - even just a yogurt - I want to eat more. If I stick with liquids, even coffee/HWC, I can go for hours and hours comfortably. I'll be interested to hear if this works for you too. Monica, I know this would be a struggle for you with your blood sugar issues. Do shakes work for you? They make me hungry!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lola I am comeing over for supper. I'll bring a covered dish too! Chicken yum yum!
Hope you don't loose ele. This is the darndest winter in a long time.

Carol thanks so much for the info. I gathered that was what you were doing. That makes 4 of my Juddd buds doing this so I am going to try it. You will hear me all the way to Arizona. You wait and see it will happen.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Just dropped in to say a quick hi. Its 4:30 am and I am getting ready to go to work. Just wanted to let you know after 1 DD and 1 UD I jumped up to 150 then down to 149. I guess my body thought because I did not feed it till supper time I was starveing it. Sooooo back to the drawing boards as they say. I don't want it to start climbing up again. Not when I am doing great DD. I am going to go back to what I was doing last week which is the old numbers and see if I can't get back to 145 by Sunday. That was where I was last Sunday. Bye all have a great weekend.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

I wonder if you and I are in the same boat right now, Judy. Kind of hovering around the same few pounds all the time. I was just remembering that last time I was losing, I hit a pretty major stall at right around this weight. It may be a weight my body settles into and gets comfortable in. Last time I was doing Atkins, and I just kept trudging along until the losses started again, which they did after several months (!!). I hope I'm not at this weight for several months, but if that's what it takes to keep going, I'm in.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:17 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Oh Carol I understand. I tried one more day of eating late and guess what I went up to 151.7. In 3 days went from 145 to 151 and Just ate after 2. All else was right and fine. I think my body has went crazy. HEHEHE! Better it then me. Going to go more low carb and do JUDDD tool Keep on keeping on. My body wants to know right away it is getting food or it stalls and goes up.

Where did you get your hoop at. I see them all over. Do you have a reg. one or is it weighted for exerciseing. Sounds fun and I think I can do it with my eye surgerys.

Hope you have a great weekend. New storm come Tue and Wed. Enjoy the weather while we can.

w
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Isn't it amazing how differently your body reacts to different things?

My hoop was from Walmart, and it's a 2.5 pound weighted one. I had to order it, because it wasn't stocked in any local stores here. It's a Danskin Now brand, but they don't seem to have that anymore,. The Gold's Gym brand looks exactly like it though, and is the same exact price ($19.97).

Enjoy your weekend! I'm dead set on a good DD today.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Me too thanks for the info. I will get one tomorrow if I go out. I just got in when I read this or I would have tried to get today. we have 3 walmarts around me so I will find it or order it. thanks

I just went to get kitty flea med. so we don't get any while kitty is going to the vets and stopped to get meat and other lowcarb stuff. That store did not have any sugar free creamer at all so I went to krogers a couple miles down so I would have some low cal creamer on DD and low and behold I found my lowcarb yougart and then a lady stopped and wanted me to try chocolate milk. Guess what it was carbmaster milk. Comes in plain like skim, vanilla or chocolate. It was very good the choc. that is. I bought vanilla to try. We don't have any lowcarb milk around hear for along time. Now we have how about that.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Monica I just made the cabbage soup. It's been a long time since I have had it and it taste great. I read your comment about you hubby's soup. May I please get the recipe for it. It sounds great. Maybe if I eat these soups on DD it will help get me going in the right direction. Thanks if he don't mind sharing.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Hi all got home late tonight so am going to make this quick. It is bed time for me. 4am comes early if I don't. I am 149 after a high day. I did 345 today so lets see what happens tomorrow. Love to all. Nighty Night!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #352

Hubby's soup is kind of a throw in this/that. But here goes.

He starts with a whole chicken and boils/cooks it for a few hours. THen he pulls it out, pulls out the bones. He uses the water as broth, puts the chicken back in (pulled apart in small chunks). We use a full bag of the chopped broccoli (chopped is necessary, smaller). Then he adds a bit of rice/gf noodles to thicken it again. Ithink he also uses a rue (with cornstarch) to add the final thickener. It is yummy. Large bowl is 200c! Love that on a DD!

How's the scale today??? It's a snow day here. Calling for 9+ inches! Kids are home, I will work just a few hours then I will work from home! Stay warm girl!!! Is all well now at work???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #353
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you're on the right track with the scale again. I just really wonder if winter makes losing that much harder. Are our bodies really trying to add padding for extra warmth? Makes you wish you could reason with it. "Okay body, it is cold outside, and the daylight is very short right now. But we have a nice, warm house, can pay our gas and electric bills, and can stay nice and warm. Don't worry. Keep burning that fat up. I promise, it'll be okay."
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Sounds like you're on the right track with the scale again. I just really wonder if winter makes losing that much harder. Are our bodies really trying to add padding for extra warmth? Makes you wish you could reason with it. "Okay body, it is cold outside, and the daylight is very short right now. But we have a nice, warm house, can pay our gas and electric bills, and can stay nice and warm. Don't worry. Keep burning that fat up. I promise, it'll be okay."
Yes! A wonderful and wise summation of the situation and very good advice on how to deal with it.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi Judy! Stopping by to say Hello to you and to the other lowcarbfriends who visit your journal.

Super job at working JUDDD. I'm sure you will see that down, down, scale trend soon.

I lost my low carb mojo at Thanksgiving, right through Christmas, thought New Years would get me going again, BUT didn't happen. Tried a bit middle January to do an eat what I want to including bread and fruit counting calories but that just led to eating everything in sight and then some. Gained 12 total and can't fit into my size 12 jeans comfortably anymore.

The good news is three days ago, I finally got a grip and went back to my original low carb, and I already can tell the difference. Still too early to claim that I got this, but it is a start.

I saw you guys talking about hula hooping. So does making a hula hoop work come back to you like they say riding a bicycle does?

We finally got some snow-light and fluffy but several inches-here in Eastern Washington. Now the temps are dropping for the next few days and wind chill expected several degrees below zero. Eye watering and cold fingers even with gloves waiting at the bus stop with the grandsons this morning.

Judy, is there someone whose job it is to start all the school buses to warm them up mornings or do you each have to go in and get your own ready to go on your routes?

Well, rambled on in your journal enough for the day. Thank you! Stay warm!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! I just felt like I came home to my family after reading all your post. I love it. Some times I feel so lonely by my self but now I can come home and find you all out there. That is so neat.

Monica, Thank you for the recipe. I will try it as soon as I get all the cabbage soup ate up. I don't have a big freezer any more so I have no room to stock a freezer any more. It sounds so warm and comphy on a cold day. Tell hubby thanks too.
The weight was 147 today. I am going to break this one way or the other.
We are about to get hit with the same storm. It was to come in at 5 now it is 7 and still not here. Maybe it will blow over. Boy I really am a big dreamer. One has not blew over yet. All is well so far at work. I just pray it stays that way. Have just got a call from sister in the next town. She told me to look out. well I did and it is here. The driveway and road is already covered. It started since I got on the site.

Oh Carol you are so right. Please burn off the fat. We are roasting here in Ohio every day. Come on body can't you feel the heat from all my clothes. If this heat keeps up I will have to get my bathing suit on.

Oh Lola are you feeling the heat too! She is right I know she is. Hows the weather where you are.

Joni I can understand how you feel. I have been trying since the day after to break this stall. It sounds like you have it going now. Good for you. We are behind you 100%. You go girl.

As for the hula hoop. I have not been to the store since carol gave me the info. I was going tonight but ran straight home incase the ice came quick. So I will have to wait a few more days if this storm comes in which as we speak I just looked out and now the yard is completely covered already. So I will just have too wait. I hope it will come back like a bicycle does. HEHEHE!!!

Yes when it is this cold the first few drivers and a man who works on the busses start them. but we turn on the heat and do everything else to get them on the road. On a normal day over 32 degrees we start our own. They are all plugged in right now to keep the engine block warm. Also to keep the fuel from jelling. We have had a lot of busses not starting in the sub zero weather.

You stop in and ramble any time you want. I love hearing from all of you. Who knows maybe I will get so bored this winter I may try to start moving my body. I have not done much since the eye surgerys. There is a lot I can't do but I should do something. I might get that bored maybe. Oh that darn snow is here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Sending love your way, darling Windy. You never fail to delight me. I wish I lived nearer to you so I could spend time with you IRL but I'm so grateful that I've been able to meet you through the miracle of the internet. You enrich my life and inspire me.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Oh thank you so much Lola, I wish you did too! Are we real far away. I live near Cincinnati Ohio. I wish we could at least visit on a weekend. But alas we would have to have snow shoes if we tried today. Guess What. Don't look out the window but it is here again. Yes you got it . That wonderful white stuff is clogging my drive way again. Gurrrrrrr! Guess who has to go clean it for the millionth time this winter and they have just announced that we have 2 more coming. You got it ME!

Wouldn't it be nice to get together and have a girls mall day. Just looking at all the prettys. Or go walking in the woods. Or fishing on a dock some where. How about a picnic in our nice warm weather. At this point this winter I would be willing to do anything that requires me to go out of the house. Even mowing the grass and I did not think I would ever say that after we mowed so much last fall. I usually love the white stuff but we have had too much this year.

I would love to meet each and every one of you if I could. Every one is so nice and full of fun. You could watch me hula hoop when I get it. That should make all of you laugh for a week. I promise Carol I am getting it if this weather just stops long enough. I don't know how many ins. It looks atleast 5 or 6.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #359

OH It would be great to meet you girl! Keep on plugging way! I did shoveling this morning too! I think I am DONE with winter!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

I would love to meet up with you all too! I swear I'm going to meet with Monica one day, as she lives very near my hometown. When I'm back there next time, watch out! But just hanging out with you, Judy, sounds so much fun. Yes, we would indeed have to have a HH session together!