LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Oh by the way Carol I noticed the clothes are fitting looser today. So may be all is not a failure since Christmas.
This is great Judy! I just have the feeling the higher calories will be just what you need, and it's great you're feeling slimmer before you even start with that.

Stay warm, lady! I hope hope hope you don't have to go out in it tonight!

My house was 59* this morning when I got up. I can't complain about cold weather here in Phoenix, but it must've gotten down into the high 30's last night. I can't run my heat pump at night because the compressor gets stuck on and will just run and run, even when the air handler isn't blowing air. I don't want the compressor to burn itself out, so I just don't run it at night or when I'm not home. Wah, wah, wah! Saves me on electric bill though!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Thanks Lola for the prayer and any one else who prayed. I just got called no trip tonight! Thank you Lord. I was scared my car would freeze up tonight and I would be stranded late at night. We are for sure having school tomorrow. They just said so and that is ok. It will be a little warmer. If the car freezes up tomorrow it will be day light then. I can handle that.

My furness shut down awhile a go and that has me worried but I just checked the temp; and it has went up in the house so maybe the dehumitifire iswarming the house some to give the furness a break I hope! Hope everybody is warm where ever you are. Judy
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Hey Carol, When I posted this last post your new one popped up; No thank god I don't have to take a chance of the car freezeing up they just closed all sports for today. I fully understand about the electric bill. Thank you Lord the furness just kicked on. Now I know the other machine is giving it a break. I think I hit on a good idea for a change. It is sure pulling the moisture out.

I think my body thinks I am dieting and is holding on so I don't starve. How could this body starve oh come on body have you seen the rolls in the middle give me a break please.

Thanks for the idea. That has to be the answer.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi Judy! So glad to read you don't have to be out driving bus and wondering about if your car will be workable when you got back.

Hope your 500 calorie day went well! And nice to know of the other option LoCarbGal suggested of the extra 500 on the up day instead if it doesn't seem to work on the down day.

(Hi LoCarbGal! Hi Lola!)

Have had a bit of colder weather here the last month but not anything like you guys are having. It is spitting a bit of snow now, but it is just a skiff as of yet.

Husband miserable with a cough and congestion for the last five days. So far, so good for me. I am refusing to catch it. Have been hoping that attitude on my part prevails.

Stay warm, Friends. Thanks again for letting me "talk" on your journal pages, Judy!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Joni! Hope you don't catch that nasty cold from DH!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #306
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Hey girl! Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody, Had to take the trip for Tue. on wed night. I did not mind. We got up to 21 while I was at the game. We came out at about 9:45 and it was about 21 and everybody thought we had just walked out in Florida. It felt like a heatwave. We all had a good laugh over that. Still cold and spiting snow today.

I only got 2 hours of sleep last night after the trip so I will be going nite, nite early tonight. I came home starved to death for some reason. So I made me a big mug of coffee to warm up and trying real hard to no eat anything else.

Joni I sure hope you don't get what hubby has. Keep thinking the way you are. Stop in and chat any time. I love hearing from all of you. I love to hear what every one is doing all over. It is so much fun to hear all the different things did to enjoy the holidays.

Hey Monica how was your trip? So glad you are back. The only thing going on here is I started the day after Christmas JUDDDing again and my silly body has shut down. So Carol has come up with the idea to do 500 DD for a week and see if I need more cal.

Carol I went up to 151 this morning so far after 1 DD and ! upday. Today I am fighting it on a DD for somereason. but may be lack of water. I am not a water drinker so some of my hunger may be that so I am drinking coffee for 2 reasons. To get warm after driving all day and to get more water. I looked at my journal where I write down my food. I went back to my lowest weight and I was eat 1612 and 322 mostly. Pretty close in numbers every day. Then I ate what I wanted in Dec. Then I tried to go back to those numbers. So I think you are right my body went in to diet mode when I came from high numbers down the the 322 because some days I was trying to go lower like you girls do some times. I thought I was doing great by eating low but I shut it down. So Here goes for this 500 DD's week.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #308

Sounds like you have a good plan girl! Stick with it, you know JUDDD works!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

I know it does. I think I just got too stricked the day after Christmas and not eating evough cal. So far I have went up to 152 on highest day and 149 on lowest. It should kick in soon. I am going to go 2 weeks of 500 if I don't go too high. Then go back to 322 and try to hit that number close every time and see what happens. Acording to the new book should start it up again. My luck I try to do right and go too strict. I just thought if I did a few low down days like180 to 250 it would help but it just stopped me. Now the only trouble is when I hit 500 I want to keep going. I really had to fight that one night bad. It will work I know so I just have to wait. I may not hit my 6 lb. weight loss for Jan. on the callange but I don't care as long as I get it started again.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Good morning, Windy, and much good luck with your current plan of attack. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hi windygap! We are down visiting son, daughter-in-law and the two littlest grandsons. It is so WINDY here now. We were out in the wind earlier taking the boys to Chuck-E-Cheese to play, McDonald's for lunch, back to their house with pizza and subway sandwiches for grown up lunch. Carbs called my name today.

The grandsons are lots of fun. I miss them a lot. I baby sat them while their mom worked and my son was going to law school. Then they moved here for jobs and darned if they didn't take those grandsons with them. I remember saying out loud to them how happy and pleased and excited I was that they found jobs, but inside my heart was yelling no you can't go. But most days now I am enjoying getting things done around my house that having a baby and a preschooler in the house doesn't really allow. And I still get to see the oldest two grandsons every morning to get them up and onto their school bus. So not really complaining-at least not too loud--just whining a bit to lowcarb friends who are JUDDDing.

I admire your determination Judy, to get your way of eating figured out . What are you doing this weekend? Do you have any plans with your sister? How is your Mom doing? I bet she is still having wonderful thoughts of the trip you and she went on. What is happening with your weather and what is being forecast for this next week?

Well keep up the good work. Have a great weekend. Take care!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Well HELLO TO EVERY ONE!
I love it when we have a big jam session. When you live with 2 cats and 1 kitten not too much is said all day in my house. I have 1 girlfriend and 1 sister so not many phone calls either. But I can not complain either I do not have a drunk driving me crazy anymore so I will take the peace and quiet any day. It sure beats holes in walls of bathroom tiled walls. Or getting up at 4 am to find him loading his drink. Enough said about that. Don't want bad mem. coming back.

Monica, Oh my gosh you had a great trip. The pictures said it all. You made me feel 100% warmer while looking at you all swimming. So glad you got to go and have fun. That was a trip to remember. Yes I am trying to get back on track. Started the day after but body is not helping. But I am going to break it and when I do I am going all the way to 125-130 area. I am not stopping at go and I am not collecting 200$ as they say in the MON. game we use to play. It will be all the way down I feel it in my bones.

Hi Lola Sat was great. Sister stopped for a couple of hours which is rare because she is always busy and I live in the country and she lives in the next town on the other side so she doesn't get out much here. We went over for subway salads for a late lunch early supper. She brought me a ghost movie that she had rented from the lib. I have seen it but would love to watch it again at home. It beats movie prices. Have decided to add low carb into JUDDD and see how it goes. Yesterday I did great. This morning I was still 149 butttttttttt that is under 150 so I am happy. It is going to start dropping soon I can feel it in my bones. In the mean time I am reading and rereading the new JUDDD book. Geathering my big collection of Low Carb cook books and written recipes that I know work. Dusting them off and hard boiling eggs. Layed bacon out of the frezzer to thaw. Going to store later to get salad fixens. Need I say more. for LowCarb. Sounds like a normal lowcarb day. HEHEHEHEH!!!!

Joni, The weather got to 30's then dropped again. We thought we were in Hawaii for awhile. I turned up the heat when my sister came over because she just had on tights and a long sweater because she had just worked out and worked at the gym all morning. My cats went wild running to each regester to claim a warm stop. I felt sorry for them and left it up until we went to bed. They were laying around like they were on the beach sun bathing. The kitten even ask if she could have an umbrella in her drink last night.

So glad you got to have the grandkids again. I know how you love it. I wish I could have went sounds like great food. HEHEHEhE I love it. Oh yes I dooooooo.

Mom goes to eye doctor tomorrow and I am takeing her since school is out again for inservice day. That way my sister can rest. She always takes her because I can't get off.

Well I better get the house cleaned up for the week . Do a load of wash. Get the food for the week. Oh I forgot and watch my movie and Dout. Abby tonight. Just got hooked on that last weekend after watching the 2nd season all week end. Waiting for 1st and third to come in.

Hope every one looses well this week! Love Ya all. You tooo Carol!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Judy! I love Downton Abbey too. I just love period pieces like that, that take you away to another time and place.

How nice that your sister came by for a visit. Good luck with you mom's doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm going with my mom to her oncologist appointment tomorrow too. Just routine follow up - every 4 months for another year, then I think every 6.

That must've been funny to see those cats scrambling for the heating vents! They're not dumb! It's supposed to be 72* here today, absolutely beautiful.

Enjoy your Sunday and Monday with Mom, Judy!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:48 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Carol I will, You have a safe trip with your mom.

I just got on the scales and after a week I dropped to 148 finally. I was 147 on Jan 2 then started to climb high after that when I was doing low dd,s so maybe I am headed in the right area. I got done reading Jan. chat where the girls were compareing numbers.
It was interesting where they ate 500 dd and uncounted up and lost great. Also that after a month stall they went to 700 dd and 2000 up. That is wild. Dawn says that is where she was now too. I did not realize that I had missed that thread so long. Set and read all threads on the first page yesterdayand found this that I had missed some how.
Going to keep on with 500 days this week and see what happens.

I love reading all the girls comments they are so help full.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

The JUDDD group are fantastic models for success, and it's so motivating to see what others have done and realize that we can do it too. I could never have stuck with it for so long without those wonderful girls (and a few boys!).

Great news that you're back losing again. Isn't it crazy that more calories can help our bodies burn more fat? I fight that constantly. I guess we've been told for so many years that we should be eating less, depriving ourselves, punishing ourselves even. But it's not always the answer. Good for you for being brave enough to try eating a little more!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #316

Windy - tweaking sometimes is a must! Got to keep the body guessing!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Windygap, I always read your journal, but for some reason, never realized we both live in Ohio! Yes, it was frigid for a few days, but I remember walking outside and it was 18 degrees, and it felt like spring had hit!! And, now it is beautiful out for the third day in a row. Last monday, negative temps, this monday almost 50!! ha ha. I am up near Cleveland. Where are you at?
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Hi greengeeny, Nice of you to drop in. I am down by Cincinnati. Yes we are having crazy weather. When it was in the 50's it felt like 30. Very windy and damp due to rain. I will be glad for spring this year. Usually I love winter but this one has been wild.

You are doing great! Wow! I love it. I was doing good until I stalled out by being to strict after Christmas. But not too worry it will start dropping again.

I have been to Cleveland a couple of times to see a sick friend in the hospital years ago.

Thanks for stopping in. keep up the great work.

Carol and Monica, Thanks so much for the help you both give. I took a bounce up again but I know it will start going down after this. I had a lot of salt yesterday so it is mostly water. Hope all is well with both of you.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #319

Way to look at things girl! How's life??
Old 01-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

All is fine here. How is it going for you!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #321

Starting to feel better....my sinuses threw me for a loop! Now if my head would just quit pounding!

Work going well?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

I under stand. We have snow again today and everyone is complaining either about freezeing or their bones or head is giving them fits today.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Well we have had about 2 in. of snow each day for 3 days. Had to drive in the storms all 3 days. Last night I just got the team and was trying to get off a big hill before it got too bad. The hill was clear but did not know if black ice was there so came down very slow. When we got down I gave a sigh of relief. Then I saw all the snow in the next town. Not good. Ice under snow. Stopped way back from a pick up truck at a light. Was going to turn left on to a main road. For some reason something told me to hold back till he got all the way thru. Just as I was about to look to the left a car slid behind the truck thru their red light and would have landed in the side of our bus probably about where I was sitting if I had went right behind him. We were thanking God for that one all the way home. They bearly missed the back of the truck. I was so glad I listened to thoughts and held back. Needless to say we creeped all the way back to the next town. So glad to get home before it got worse. Snow most of the night so don't know wow much for last night. My sister called to see if I had got home yet. She said we had 2 in by the time I got home. I had just come from her town where the pick up was. I checked a couple of times in the night and it was still snowing at 4 am.

Well I have been mostly eating lowCarb. For sure all low carb on DD. Weight started going up to 153 so I brought the numbers down slowly for the last two DD and after a high day it was 148 yesterday which is good but I did a big no no yesterday. 3 drivers were sitting together and One ask if we could eat in the coaches lounge where all the food is free. Bad mistake for me. I was just going for the coffee to get warm. WELLLLLLL
The girls kept saying oh try this try that oh this is great get some of this, Not what I needed to hear on a 12 hour trip on a DD. I was so excited that the scales said 148 after a high day. I wanted to be good but I also wanted to fit in with these other drivers from out of town who did not know me. SOOOOOO I tried a plastic spoon of all they kept holloring about then took a banana for desert. Get real girl you only had from 322 to 500 cals. to work with. So I had a failure of a DD but I must not done too bad the scales only bounced to 149, Guess what to day issssss a DD. I am home sitting looking at the snow with no one to say try this. HEHEHEHEHe. I have aleast 2 trips next week and one is with another driver but she knows I diet a lot so she won't care if I don't eat as long as I go with her and she gets to eat. So back to tweaking. Set and read the whole book all over again yesterday. Got all important pgs marked for go backs if I can't remember something. Here we go again.

Hope all of you have a great Sunday. Oh Greengeeny I set and read all of you Journal that night I wrote you. Love all the recipes and menus Will se using some of them while tweaking. Thanks for dropping in and showing me your Journal.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I feel your pain on the weather. We are predicted to be in the single digits again all week. Too cold!!!

That is too scary with the truck and intersection! Thank goodness you are so intuitive. I hate driving when there is black ice, especially covered by snow~

ha ha, you are welcome on the journal. I mostly make things up as I go, or I find stuff that I want to make, and forget where I found it. So, if I post it all in the journal, than it is right there, all handy for me
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Judy, your description of having to drive in such difficult weather really scares me just reading about it. How much more frightening it must be for you, knowing you have the lives of those precious young ones in your care. You are a braver woman than I am and certainly a better driver.

Take care, dear Judy, and stay safe and warm.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

dear green HAHA that means that any time I want to try it I know just where to go tooooo! HEHEHE!!!!! I also know what it looks like.

Here is one that is easy for you and the girls

Egg and Cheese Bake.

2 cups 8OZ. shredded cheese ( I use mozz. or Swiss)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup Heavy whipping Cream
1/2 tea. salt
!/8 tea. pepper
12 eggs beaten

oven 325 Sprinkle shreaded cheese in sprayed 9x13 pan. Dot with the butter. In a cup put cream,salt,and pepper in stir up then pour half over cheese. Pour eggs over cream.
Now finish with the rest of the cream. Bake 30 to 35 or until firm and a little golden.

292 cal. 2 Carb. 10 servings.

Hey Lola This will work for you too 25g fat in each serving. Not braver just dummer. You got the smarts not to do it in the first place. HEHEHE!! This recipe fits you lower carb/More fat WOE.

Everybody stay warm and I will see you on the flip side.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #327

Stay warm indeed! We had a nice couple days, but I think the temps are tanking here tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Judy, that was a close call! You have excellent intuition and instincts - don't ever ignore them!

I completely understand about eating when people are urging you to try yummy stuff, and when it's free......that's a toughie. Don't call it a fail though. You chose to go ahead and have that stuff. Now you just move on.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #329

Be safe girl! Has the weather improved some???
Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Thinking of you this morning, hoping you are safe and warm and that driving conditions are not too dangerous. And I'm also hoping that some of your brave, stoic and cheerful attitude will rub off on me. I'm sitting here dreading going back to the doctor's office for another lab test today both because the testing worries me somewhat and most of all because they are predicting snow to arrive exactly when I will be driving back home. You would so laugh at me...we're only supposed to get an inch or so and yet I'm truly scared about driving in icy conditions. The last time I drove in such weather I couldn't stop the car at stop signs because of the ice and the car went onto the shoulder and almost into a ditch. Traffic was totally snarled and it took me forever to get home. Nowadays I try to avoid driving during snow storms. Anyway, as I sit here nervously thinking about it all my thoughts go to you and I realize I need to get a grip and quit being such a scaredy cat. So you see, dear Judy, you are quite an inspiration.