LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
My May-June JUDDD fun!

So, I lost 20 w JUDDD in the autumn, went off the rails a little over Christmas, put back on 6 and have maintained at that level since. I'm wearing size 12 jeans and want to drop to a 10. I'm going to go for it in May & June, JUDDD steadily & add some exercise. I'm planning to leave aside the scales and just work with my jeans but that may change. Meanwhile, I'll keep a record here and hope that'll help keep me on track.

And I start tomorrow with a DD... It's not May just yet but that's ok

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

6pm on Day 1 DD.

- cup miso @ 7am
- hard boiled egg & cucumber @ 1pm
- stir fried veg w some slivers of leftover pork @ 5pm
- lots of water & coffee during day

Apart from customary DD afternoon headache, it's been fine. I've been busy w kiddies, house & the beginning of fine weather. Great to chalk down a good DD; trick will be not to add more calories between now & bedtime ;-)
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLou View Post
6pm on Day 1 DD.

- cup miso @ 7am
- hard boiled egg & cucumber @ 1pm
- stir fried veg w some slivers of leftover pork @ 5pm
- lots of water & coffee during day

Apart from customary DD afternoon headache, it's been fine. I've been busy w kiddies, house & the beginning of fine weather. Great to chalk down a good DD; trick will be not to add more calories between now & bedtime ;-)

Did have another miso
AND remembered 5 cherry tomatoes & a carrot I had as a snack

All in all, a 300 cal DD. Good stuff!

Now for an UD. I struggle with these sometimes; it's so important for me to have good, nutritious food. So far today I've had a pear & a slice of brown bread w some butter & smoked salmon. Yum

In the future, I see an experiment w continuing my fast until lunch time. Sometimes breakfast food awakens a BIG appetite!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

A good day...

- pear, slice bread w butter & smoked salmon
- aubergine dip with tortilla wrap bites; slice bread w butter
- apple
- crispy chicken with home-made oven fries & tomato
- homemade choc chip muffin

Portion sizes were small throughout (except for muffin) and I consciously chose to have just one piece of bread at lunch & breakfast. Aiming for 'enough' rather than 'plenty'- quite the mindset change!

Have stomach cramps now - as does my 4yo - so hoping it doesn't develop into something baaaad. Fingers crossed
Old 05-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thankfully all fine this morning tummy-wise. Went to bed early last night feeling empty enough. Hope that'll be the norm for my UDs, which I'm going to call Normal Days from now on... Helps the mind to stay with normal eating patterns.

As for today, had a miso & a coffee already. Plan to have hard-boiled egg & cucumber @ lunch and pasta sauce w courgette strips for dinner. Have a quiet morning & a busy afternoon so that should help
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Welcome back to JUDDD LuckyLou! I like your Normal Day descriptor. Makes sense! It's great that your re-entry into JUDDD is working relatively painlessly!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Look at you, you are right back in the swing of it! Don't you just love JUDDD???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hi Kimmie & Monica, thanks for your encouragement I remember you offering some great advice my first time out, Monica, so lovely to see you're still around.

DD went well, I was pretty busy so that always helps.
- miso
- egg, cucumber, carrot
- 30-cal cracker
- courgette strips w tomato, sausage & veg sauce
- another miso to round things off shortly

ETA: a total of 360 cal DD

Still in a good frame of mind; looking forward to tomorrow but not as clear about my plans for the day so need to plan food tonight & pin my eating down.

Best wishes to all on WL journeys

Last edited by LuckyLou; 05-01-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #9

Having a plan is key for me. On weeks we are more all over the place, I don't do as well! Up days ROCK!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Today's UD has both rocked AND been all over the place.
Great brekkie of smoked salmon scrambled egg on 1 seed bread. Then all over the place with kids & commitments from 12-4 so, eating according to what was available, a pain au chocolat, piece white roll, skinny latte & pack of crisps (shared).

Not great nutrition-wise but fine in circumstances and salad w squid for dinner upped the veg intake without too many calories. At about 1650 for the day which leaves room for a glass or 2 of wine when DH returns from a trip away. Yay & Yum
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm... Ended up with 3.5 glasses of wine last night, coupled with some crusty roll & butter. Ok with that TBH- was a really delicious wine!!!

Feel good about today's DD. Egg & cucumber for lunch, some grilled portobello mushrooms with salad for dinner later... Delicious

We're beginning to see some sun here & it's a long weekend so there's an extra spring in my step... Yay
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #12

OH I am a lover of WINE too!

Let's ROCK this DD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

You betcha

Slight change in plans meant a home-made burger instead of portobello mushroom for dinner- higher cals but less than 500 for the day. Felt the hunger pangs more than usual- possibly the effects of drinking last night and the fact that I had run out of miso... I missed it, it's a DD staple.

Otherwise a busy day w small kiddies & visitors. Nice time in a blustery but warm enough garden.

Looking forward to food, retail therapy & a kiddie birthday party tomorrow
Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Busy busy day yest and blew right over my cals at the birthday party which was also a grown up BBQ. Well, didn't eat excessively there- 1 burger (no bun), 1 sausage, serving of tomato salad, serving of coleslaw, small slice birthday cake & 1 iced fairy cake but... I did have quite a few glasses of wine which, of course, affected my choices later in the day. But again, when I think about it, it wasn't too bad- finished kiddie portion of curly fries & had 2 rounds of crackers & cheese.

Yes, over cals but not horribly so and it was eating to hunger. I don't consider it UUAD unless it was binge-motivated. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I hope not

Today- so far a latte. Later- Egg & cucumber; small portion steak & salad. All good.

Tomorrow's a bank holiday & we've been invited to dinner so there'll be more eating & drinking. It's so rare for us though that I'm going to just roll with it. As long as I keep up the good DDs I know I'll be fine- the JUDDD magic will keep flowing

Best wishes to all fellow WL travellers
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Good day, went as planned. Finally bought some more miso, too, which is just sooooo satisfying on a DD. Hit 450 as I had a small latte this morning.

Also calculated cals for yest. Food-wise, I just hit 2000; wine unfortunately added an extra 600 or so. It has made me rethink my plans for tomorrow... I just might be designated driver for the evening! On the other hand, the thing I love about JUDDD is that it makes allowances for life so I may just embrace the fact that its a holiday weekend and we've lots more social occasions than usual. We'll see what the morning brings
Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #16

You know, Lou, I do that often...agree to drive so drinking is off the list. It's a good way to stay the coarse. Let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLou View Post
I don't consider it UUAD unless it was binge-motivated. Maybe I'm fooling myself but I hope not
I am of the same mind. Just the way our systems need No food sometimes, I am coming to think sometimes they (physically) need LOTS of food.

What are fairy cakes?
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Had a lovely day yesterday. My designated driver plan did not work out though... DH was happy to drive and when myself and my sis meet up, wine is part of the occasion. Great, healthy food tho- smoked salmon blinis, lamb. & potato stew w green salad and an aubergine & feta side. Really nourishing

Had scrambled egg w grilled mushroom on 1 slice of toast for breakfast and a few pieces leftover chicken and a slice of bread w butter during the day as snacks.

Hopefully I'll get some practice being designated driver over the summer Monica, I only saw your words of encouragement when I got home. Thanks all the same.

Sirtain, fairy cakes are a precursor to cupcakes. Small cupcake buns with a very thin layer of plain icing on top... None of the sugary, creamy cupcake topping! They're a traditional part of birthday parties in Ireland.

All set for today's DD. Have had latte, egg and slice bread & butter so far. Will have stir-fried veg and maybe some prawns for dinner.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #19

Lou, sounds like you kept it in control. I too enjoy my wine. Love to drink it and chat the night away! DD for me too!!!!!!!!!!! I'm planning to have stirfry for dinner too!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Day was fine. A little hungrier than usual (after effects of wine). Tasty tasty stirfry for dinner, also had 2 small crackers & a water ice pop so ended up at around 660 cals.

A little danger for me here - when I feel I'm not doing things 100% right, I'm likely to go all "all-or-nothing" and abandon plan. So fingers crossed for good day tomorrow. BLT for breakfast; smoked salmon or feta w salad for lunch and chicken for dinner w roast veg & bulgur wheat. All delicious enough to hopefully keep me on plan

Good luck to all; here's hoping we all have super resolve tomorrow
Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Woke hungry during the night. Fought it for a little while but 40 mins later came to the kitchen & had tea, a slice of bread & a banana. Slept happily afterwards

For brekkie, then, had some smoked salmon, cucumber, half an avocado and a skinny latte. Hope that will balance things out. Will move BLT to lunch and have dinner as planned. DH away til tomorrow eve so I'll be busy busy w the kiddies. Fun times (I hope)!

So far, including my 3am feast, I'm @ 570 cals. Ok!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #22

You are right in line then girl. Sometimes a night snack is necessary! Way to go
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Finished up at 2032 cals for today so happy with that. Had tasty nourishing food & a chocolate biscuit too

Kids all in bed now so I finally have house to myself. The last 2 hrs b4 bed can be soooo trying AND our TV was on the blink so that disrupted the normal wind-down routine. Deep breaths required!

Not sure what to do with myself but a little bit of laundry will surely help me decide... There HAS to be something better than that!

Best wishes to all WLers X
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Tired today and a headache I've had on & off all week is lingering Finding the kids hard work but it's just because I feel lousy.
Maybe the rain'll hold off & we'll get out in the afternoon - blow some cobwebs away!

So far-
Egg, ham, cucumber, miso. 138 cals

Later - chorizo & mushroom sauce w courgette strips. Delicious and EVERYONE eats it so it's a winner

DH home this evening thankfully.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #25

OH happy your DH will be home tonight! have a great DD! I am focusing more on protein for mine today. Too often I think I eat too many veggies and they don't help my blood sugar issues! Time will tell!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Interesting thought, Monica. Hope the protein works out.

I had a 2nd egg in the afternoon to deal with hunger and got out for a fun playground visit with lots of chasing and games so I'm feeling much better.
Clocking in @ 348 cals for the day w wriggle room for a miso -18 cals- if needed. Happy days

And am planning a super indulgent day tomorrow. Will definitely do some baking We will be visiting friends on Sunday so can put aside something delicious for them. Can't wait!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Slept so well last night I feel like myself for the first time this week. Yippee!
Had peanut butter on toast w a latte for breakfast (380 cals). Will see what the rest of the day brings- lots of greens in the fridge so should use up some of those.

The sun is trying to break through the clouds too. Happy days
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Lou

After trying Low Carb on and off for years I'm so happy I've discovered JUDDD.. it's definately the way forward xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #29

LOU what will you be baking today???? DO TELL!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Love the enthusiasm, Monica you're clearly a JUDDDer!
Plan was to make caramel squares- shortbread base, caramel centre, dark choc top - they are my eldest boyo's favourite & soooo good when home-made! Got ingredients last night but the craving had left me this morning! Will make them for Sunday anyway - they're on my horizon!

Good day today- lunch was aubergine & feta salad w slice brown bread; dinner was sticky chicken bake w rice & sweetcorn salsa. Didn't realise rice was so calorific... Had a small portion but 240 cals... Grrrr!
3 small choc biscuits meant total cals hit 2180. Pretty indulgent

Off to see new Star Trek movie w DH now. Can't wait.