LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
Living By Design Weightloss Journal HCG

I am officially on Round 1, Ph 3 as of now.
Shelle135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Today I begin my journey through a successful weightloss process. Per dr's orders, I am to adhere to a 1000 calorie diet until May 8th. And the loading days for Attempt 2, Rd 1 Ph1, then on to phase 2.

I am nervous about this due to so many previous failures. But I can say that I have learned some tremendous lessons concerning eating habits, chemical imbalances that result in cravings, power of working out, etc. So equipped with this knowledge, I know that I CAN be successful with this.

Also, after the failed last attempt, I did some self-inventory and made a list of things that needed to change for my success.

They are as follows:

a. Late Night Snacking - LOCK pantry door and place all compromisable foods in there IF i MUST buy them.
This works! I feel that I have a good grip on not doing this habit anymore!

b. Binge Eating - Buy NOTHING that are trigger foods for me. Find something else that will bring relaxation to me ie workouts! Also, the better I start my day the better I end it. So if I start out of the gate with workout and eating clean I have better results not to blow it in the evening.
If its not there, its not there!.... DONE!

c. Portion Control - Eat high protein, veggies and a little fruit. Start with normal portions and only indulge in veggies/protein if necessary.

...still working

d. Hunger Scale Method - PAY MUCH ATTENTION to eat ONLY when hungry and to STOP when NO LONGER hungry. Not at FULL point! This must be practiced!

...still working

e. Not exercising - I have to exercise. It is for the elasticity of my muscles, decreases the stiffness and pain and makes me feel wonderful - endorphin's! Also it sets my day on the right course mentally!
Today starts this!

f. Overcoming Cravings - Get busy! Do not cave!!! Go clean something! Get on the phone! Workout! The craving will leave and I will be the stronger for not caving!

Have help on this through usage and "non-usage" of medications. I believe I have found the culprits and will be moving forward now!

g. Cut-off eating times - 7 PM It has proven to bring me the best weight-loss readings in the morning. Non-negotiable! After 7pm drink coffee-decaf, water, whatever, but do not eat!!!
STARTS TODAY!

h. Removal of Hurtful Carbs for Ph 3 entirely - Detox from these for the next 3 days. Enjoy ketosis! Know in my heart that the more I resist these the more I will not want them in my daily diet. There is an end to the carb insanity! But it will take discipline to get there!!!

Today is Day 1 of the 3!

i. Ability to STICK to a tailored regimen for food. - This is nothing but practice. I need to set my weeks menu and force myself to stick to it to prove that I can do it! At some point I want to do four days of very low eating amounts to test my resistance muscle on eating all day.

For now, it is low-carb/1000 calories. I am not sure how to do this as he didn't say low carb but I believe it should be. So I am going to watch my food-combinations, eat only when hungry and then stop! We shall see!

Feel the pain of discipline now or the pain of regret later.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondie60923
Stats: 223/223/125 Juddd
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 26, 2012
Too Funny

I am a little slow here. I saw that you said stop by my journal and we can chat and was wondering how? I just saw your link. LOL ... So you ladies are so helpful. I love this forum. I went to go pick up some books at Barnes and Noble yesterday. They didn't have any of the suggestions. The lady said that I could buy a Nook because they're on sale through today. Thought about it and bought one. I guess I got my comfort through shopping yesterday. Did feel good though. Also, I just read your journal. You have some fantastic ideas and helpful thoughts about this stuff. I see your picture. You look fantastic. Can I ask how much weight you've lost? You're quite inspiring!!! Also, I want to work out but not sure how to handle the activity, intensity, etc. I am on the 800 calorie protocol. Any recommendations.

Last edited by blondie60923; 04-30-2013 at 08:56 AM..
blondie60923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Hi Blondie!

So thrilled you stopped by! LOL that is NOT me!!! LOL! But its there for the same inspiration that it gave you.

I actually have "another" journal that was my first attempt on Ph 2. It was a disaster!!! You can read it to see the struggles if for no other reason then to let you know that you are NOT alone! In fact, I have come to believe that most people dont even put on here the real struggles that they have and the minor "cheats". Remember I said most and not all.

I had to take some time off to regroup and figure out what my problems were. If it was as easy as "going on a diet" I would have been thin A LONG TIME AGO! But obviously, for me, there are other issues... written above.

The books I recommended you are my lifesavers!!! In the face of failure I had to keep going bc I KNOW how bad I want this. However, the BEST read for me was the combination of The Weightloss Apolcalypse AND Dr. Phil's Weight Solutions book. Yes, I know... dr Phil! But seriously... it transformed my thinking and gave me hope! And you will find out that alot of your mishaps are avoidable given the right tools.

I hope this helps. You can even make yourself at home here and we will go through this together.

I have lost a total of almost 100 pounds. Some low carb'ing. Some crash dieting and some hcg. I have 80 more to go and plan on taking it ALL off with hcg and the Hunger Scale Method... (book mentioned)

hugs!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Today is day 2 of 9

Yesterday I did great! I kept it low carb and just under 1600. I am pretty proud of myself for that. The discipline right now is low carb. Starches and sugars are needing to be overcome and I have 9 days to get over them.

I did have a problem getting to sleep however. I believe this has to do with the meds I take (new one during day). I am going to work with it today and if that is the case tonight, I will be stopping it. There is nothing better than a good night's sleep.

Today I hope to get a bike ride in. So I plan on going after work.

It is very difficult to function without the pain meds. Yes, my pain is down but the fatigue is very prominent and therefore makes me feel uneasy and weak. I am hoping with each passing day this changes and I feel stronger.

Today I will continue with low carb, water and exercise.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Books

Hi Shelle, I do have your books on my list. The first one I downloaded was Brain Over Binge. I am a binger/overeater (I see that as the same). I started therapy last year and I stopped purging through exercise ... just plain stopped exercising because I had been doing that for five years and couldn't rebalance myself with healthy exercise. I gained 40 pounds since then. I started reading Brain Over Binge and I couldn't stop reading. The author would purge through exercise too. It's so interesting to hear someone else's story. After this book, I am reading the Weight Loss Apocalypse and Dr. Phil's book. I have a list. It's just nice not to be alone in this struggle.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

By the Way

Congrats on your 100 pound weight loss. That is quite an achievement. You obviously are determined. Awesome!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hi Blondie! Thanks for stopping by!

Is the book you are currently reading about someone's experience or is it more with technical facts from professionals? I am interested b/c I binge eat also.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

brain over binge

Hi shelle. Its actually a bit of both. Her story and her journey to 100% recover. Its absolutely awesome. I'm reading it every chance I get because its that good. She does quote resources as she goes through her journey. At the point I'm at is where she finds out how to finally make it stop and to tune out the additive voice.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Blondie... if you think about it, maybe mention some of her references to me as you read through. I am very interested in that.

Today is day 3 and I am so happy to report that I am doing great. I have lost a total of 6 lbs thus far and can not give any credit to fluid being I have not been abnormally "going".

I have NO CRAVINGS!!! That is amazing! And more than that, I have had NO desire to binge with or without cravings! That is huge! While doing my first round of HCG, it didn't matter if I was hungry or not, hounded by a craving or not. I simply desired to eat! Not this time.

I truly believe that the meds I was on had something to do with it. My moods are much better, the pain and fatigue from FM and CFS are still present but only a 10th of what it was WITH the medications. I can def live with this and am so thankful for the HCG round to expose that there was "something else" sabotaging my efforts every day.

My issues this time was meds but I am sure there are other things that can do it too that are not related to leptin, appetite, cravings etc. And its a journey to discover what they are.

One thing, well two, that has REALLY helped me is 1) having NO BAD FOODS in my house! It gives me that time to pause and consider what I am about to do. And 2) I put all carbs (bad ones) in my pantry and lock the door, giving the key to hubby to hide until morning! I won't night eat on broccoli! haha!!!! Hey, it works!!!

So I am gearing for attempt 2, round 1. My dr said that I never entered a place of being officially into ph 3, so Ph 1 and 2 must be done again. I have 6 more days to go.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pupa
Stats: 189/175/145
WOE: hCG pellets
Hi again Shelle! Only a few more days for you to get going now....
Pupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I know! Well, given that I have done a full ph 1 and 2 I am no dummy to the process but I found out that I had serious issues that were sabotaging my best efforts such as medicine side-effects etc. I even did the shots which was a miracle for me!!!

So please let me know what kind of support works for you? And fill me in about your goals etc and I will do my best to be the support you need. I feel that I can do that now while I gear up to start mine which I can't wait. I have to plan it though and the dates given are going to be the best unless I want to move it to a weekend which I have considered.

Like I said, I do BEST when I really have a daily dialogue about what I did and how I did and did I make it through the day without cheating etc. lol! I know it sounds a bit much but it works for me!

Last edited by Shelle135; 05-16-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

so...my starting weight was 189.6 lbs and this is how my weight has gone down so far

Day 2 +0.4 lbs
Day 3 -0.7 lbs
Day 4 -2.2
Day 5 -3.5
Day 6 -2
Day 7 -0.2
Day 8 -0.4
Day 9 ?

Today I forgot to weigh myself first thing but when I did I had actually gained weight from yesterday :O This is obviously worrying for me since it could partially be explained by the fact that I had had time to drink a cup and a half before I got on the scales. I put it down as ? in my paperwork as I didnt want it to be listed and bring me down as it wasnt an equal weigh in with the rest but I think i had gained 1.3 lbs so it was more than that water could have weighed I havent cheated, I have weighed all my food to make sure I follow the protocol I got with the pellets and Im really hoping tomorrow will bring better news!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I am sure tomorrow will bring good news. MANY ladies on this forum will testify that the scale will move up at times. I know it seems ridiculous given how hard you are working but our body has more than just fat in it such as water, foods not yet eliminated, etc. And your weightloss thus far is incredible!!!

And keep in mind that week 2 is NOTORIOUS for seeing the scale slow down or go up....its your body readjusting for another visit from the whoosh fairy (weight loss). Us women are naturally going to lose quick then slow down, lose again and slow down. What wins the race for us is sticking to it and I have no doubt that you can do that!!!

Your first week, you knocked it out of the park!!! WTG!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Im not going to give up but of course it had me worried! Very glad to hear that second week is notorious for these kind of issues!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I have medical issues too, AIH (autoimmune hepatitis) so im on steriods which also affects the weightloss.....Do you mind sharing what meds you are on?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I have Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and have been treating them (after being bedridden for 3 years 2000-2003) with hydrocodone and tramadol (FM), xanax (bedtime for RLS) and ritalin (CFS).

When I tried to do the protocol, the cravings would not come under control and especially at night, once I would go to sleep, I would awake and mindlessly head to the kitchen with an intense craving for carbs. That is what made me look at my medications and thankfully I have discovered that they are not only sabotaging the HCG protocol but my overall health as well. So last month, immediately after ending the first round, I tackle the meds.

I am completely off of hydrocodones after 13 yrs. The rest I have to taper from due to the nature of them and therefore am in the process of that. This is the main reason I am waiting before I begin my second round. I need to finish this out.

Steriods would def be a concern. You have shown great loss in spite of it and therefore have no reason to concern over that in my humble opinion.

Last edited by Shelle135; 05-16-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Also, about my goal, I dont really have a clear cut one. My excess weight all came on during pregnancy and never came off and ideally I would love to be back where i was before my two pregnancies (44 lbs from where I was on day 1) however since I exercise a lot now and nothing before I wont be sorry if I dont manage....I know my body would be "tighter" than it used to be anyway!

When it comes to support I think I would just like to have someone to vent with, some days are harder than others (like today when I might have gained!). I do think hcg and 500 cal diet is very...extreme and therefore I havent really told my friends what Im doing.

Personally I have no experience with hcg diet since this is my first round but Im hear to listen to you and help you out best I can!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

now that is not a funny line up of conditions....good for you to have managed such a weight loss earlier and also now found out why you didnt succeed last time around on hcg! will you be fine without your meds though? I will have to take mine all my life i think, or else I get scarring on the liver which in end is worse than being overweight!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Which time zone are you in Shelle? Im not in the US but in the Middle East so here its bedtime now....I shall update you with my new weight and some more details tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
now that is not a funny line up of conditions....good for you to have managed such a weight loss earlier and also now found out why you didnt succeed last time around on hcg! will you be fine without your meds though? I will have to take mine all my life i think, or else I get scarring on the liver which in end is worse than being overweight!
Scarring the liver??? OMGsh!!! What causes that?

I am in the Eastern Time Zone...right now it is 3:19 PM.

The most amazing blessing happened when I detoxed from the hydrocodone.... I realized that the medicine was creating MORE pain and fatigue then the disease!!! Therefore I am healthy NOW MORE than I was a month ago! This is good news!!!

I believe the same will happen for the other meds. I believe the side-effects and withdrawal of them are more powerful then the very thing I am treating!!! What a revelation!

Do you mind if I ask you what country you are in?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
Scarring the liver??? OMGsh!!! What causes that?

I am in the Eastern Time Zone...right now it is 3:19 PM.

The most amazing blessing happened when I detoxed from the hydrocodone.... I realized that the medicine was creating MORE pain and fatigue then the disease!!! Therefore I am healthy NOW MORE than I was a month ago! This is good news!!!

I believe the same will happen for the other meds. I believe the side-effects and withdrawal of them are more powerful then the very thing I am treating!!! What a revelation!

Do you mind if I ask you what country you are in?

But this will probably blow your mind.... my newest discovery..... I am wondering, just wondering, if the hold that is effecting my cravings is simply from being a carbohydrate addict!!! I was researching this today, yes I do TONS of research which pays off. Anyhow, I fight that description to a tee and the fact was that a carb addict's brain reacts to carbs the same as an alcoholic reacts to alcohol. Anyhow, this is my newest discovery and just might be the breaking point for my total success! That would be nice!

Well, hope you have a good night sleep! TTYS!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Good news! Im back on track again...-0.4 this morning!

I live in Dubai United Arab Emirates however Im orignally from Europe. When you have AIH your immunsystem attacks the liver and therefore I take immunosuppressants. If I were to get off them my immunsystem would "kill" my liver!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Great that you feel better without your meds!

I know all about being a carb addict, the more I eat the more I want! "Luckily" im coeliac too so since I need everything to be glutenfree its harder to find a quick snack that´s suitable
Old 05-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SerenityFenix
Stats: 182/174.2/127
WOE: hCG drops
Start Date: May 2013
Hi Shelle. I was diagnosed with CFS and she thinks I have fibro. I was on hydrocodone and wholeheartedly believe while initially it seems to work, for me, I was better off without it. I also do better with accountability I like your plan as well and plan something similar.

My difficulties right now are my husband was diagnosed with cancer. It is base of the tongue and because of the kind super high success rate. However, during this time I am revamping our diet. The difficulty here is (1) all his appointments are usually hours long, to combat this I plan on a cooler with pregrilled chicken or steak OR cottage cheese, a breadstick, cucumbers or something green, and a protocol fruit. Even if I don't eat out I will eat it later and being prepared is half the battle. I have eaten the same two meals for breakfast for 25 years so I can just deal with what some people can't with meal boredom easily. My second issue is MIL is here cooking and cleaning, and for that I am grateful as some days I don't hsve time or energy to do so. The problem is she cooks WAY differently than me and tends to buy junk. It took me 15 years to convince her soda is not a beverage my kids get 3 times a day, it should be a treat. Veggies do not require velveeta. And Stouffers isn't the way to go every single day. But for now I need her help and so those foods will be in the house for the most part. I've left books on clean eating out to no avail. But she will do it once we meet with the dietitian.

Pupa my BIL was in Dubai for about 7 years, came back to the states and after two years is going back,

Blondie how are you doing?
SerenityFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I like Dubai so Im not surprised he´s coming back
Old 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Me either, he's traveled a lot Europe and South America mostly...so there is something to it.

I did finish shopping today to have quick stuff for this week
Old 05-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Shelle, how are you doing?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Day 1 of phase 2 was okay. Had cottage cheese, apple, tea. Later cucumber and grissini. Six strawberries and for dinner 3 oz of over cooked steak (my fault usually bigger portions so I need to relearn that), asparagus and grissini. Lots of unsweet, don't like sweet, tea and water. I also did a 30 minute workout, Classical Stretch.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Well done Serenity! Im on day 13 now and im starting to get bored with the food....Tried something new from the recipe book i got with my pellets but it was absolutely disgusting!