Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
LOL! Dawn I cant believe that you would remember insites relayed to me by Buttah! haha! I can't even remember that unless I go back through and read. You are good!

I am thinking that ff cottage cheese with a few berries would make a good morning protein breakfast and just a small amount. What do you think?

My update...
I am still not weighing. I am scared to death and hope that I can real soon. The more I read on adrenal fatigue the more it is me! It describes me like crazy including how my tom stops on day 4 and restarts back up for day 5 and 6 which I never use to have. The hours at night that I wake up and the foods I crave... ALL of it is textbook! And I am excited to know this because now everything is starting to make sense and there is hope for the cure!!! FM and CFS have no cure! But this does!

So without a doubt it is time for me to show ME love! It is time for everyone to take a back seat to my health. I crashed once and do not plan on doing it again! Balance!

ALSO, something that has helped me tremedously is that I started putting my meals and snacks on a schedule. 8:00 or so breakfast, 11:00-11:30 AM fruit snack, 2:00 - lunch, 5pm 2nd fruit snack and/or veggie broth, and 7 pm dinner. No eating from 7-8 next morning. This is totally comprehensible to me and if hungry in between I KNOW I will make it to the allotted time! If not, ACV it!!!

Living By Design - Shelle's Journal for HCG Journey

Week One 252.5 - 241.8 (-6.9)
Week Two 241.8 - 239 (-2.8)

Total (-9.7) Not great but other obstacles not beating me!!!
Shelle135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Shelle---buttah has posted that about breakfast in a few places. If someone posts something often enough it somehow makes its way into my brain!! I am awful with retaining any information and I have told lots of folks that they may have to post things quite a few times in order for it to get through to me. I say it is hard headed ness but my doc says it is part of the adrenal fatigue. Who knows??? I thought it was just a quirk with me.

I didn't remember seeing that about adrenal fatigue. I do that now too--my period stops on about day 3 and picks back up a day or so later. I just thought it was my hormones going wacky with the many times I have been on hcg. Thanks for pointing that out!

My doctor --the one who diagnosed me with the adrenal fatigue-- said that I needed to eat on a schedule too. She said my blood sugar swings were great and wide and I needed to eat regularly. So that is key to health too!

If you do the protein at breakfast and find you are not losing, you can always think up something else. I have given you some ideas to think about. Another thing that I just remembered.....Biz's spinach smoothie. That is a fantastic idea if you NEED breakfast. She explains on her video (and site happily thinner after) that you can have 2 of those shakes and still have a protocol dinner --just the protein and veggie though. The fruit in the shakes would count as 2 fruits if you needed 2 of those shakes. I eat one of the shakes a day and have a regular protocol dinner. But if I needed another meal to tide me over, I would do that! That smoothie is that good.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Do you have a recipe? That sounds like something amazing to try bc I am not a morning eater either. But per the adrenal fatigue healing, the meals are important and especially breakfast. So i would def do that for breakfast.

I am so glad you have been helping me along. This has been quite a time in my life of discoveries!!! But good outcomes are sure to follow!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #154

Here ya go:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...e-vitamix.html

Post #8.

Here is another thread with it in it:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...need-help.html

Post #18

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-13-2013 at 11:21 AM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I will be having that tomorrow morning and looking forward to it! Mmmm!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pupa
Stats: 189/175/145
WOE: hCG pellets
Did you try the smoothie? How was it?
Pupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #157

I love it!! Had it for 3 days in a row.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
Did you try the smoothie? How was it?
OH MY GOSH PUPA!!! It is amazing and a new staple for my kitchen! I have to go get lots of spinach, cottage cheese and strawberries!!! I had it again yesterday and this time I added 5 oz water and no ice. It tasted just like a chocolate milkshake!!! AND kept me NOT hungry for over 3 additional hours after consuming it!

PLUS the scale dropped 1.4 lbs last night. WOOHOO!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

That┤s great to know for my next round
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Adrenal Fatigue and wanting to start HCG again

Hi ladies,

I've been away from this site for quite a while because every time I started HCG, I'd fail within a couple days and I'd go into some kind of craziness hormonally. I was doing the shots and the real hormone. I had done the homeopathic sublingual drops for a while, but I felt like I was getting resistant to that. I hope I can bud in and become part of your group as you share so honestly and openly about your struggles and stuff. I may be posting in the wrong spot. I'm trying to get my feet wet and get the courage to jump on a round of HCG after being off for maybe a year now.

Adeline

Adeline

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wij3Un1/]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/778396-adelinesdream-overcoming.html#post15839161
adelinesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

oops I see this is your journal sorry, I need to get to the actual message board you post on! see I'm very out of the loop with things.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle135 View Post
Today I begin my journey through a successful weightloss process. Per dr's orders, I am to adhere to a 1000 calorie diet until May 8th. And the loading days for Attempt 2, Rd 1 Ph1, then on to phase 2.

I am nervous about this due to so many previous failures. But I can say that I have learned some tremendous lessons concerning eating habits, chemical imbalances that result in cravings, power of working out, etc. So equipped with this knowledge, I know that I CAN be successful with this.

Also, after the failed last attempt, I did some self-inventory and made a list of things that needed to change for my success.

They are as follows:

a. Late Night Snacking - LOCK pantry door and place all compromisable foods in there IF i MUST buy them.
This works! I feel that I have a good grip on not doing this habit anymore!

b. Binge Eating - Buy NOTHING that are trigger foods for me. Find something else that will bring relaxation to me ie workouts! Also, the better I start my day the better I end it. So if I start out of the gate with workout and eating clean I have better results not to blow it in the evening.
If its not there, its not there!.... DONE!

c. Portion Control - Eat high protein, veggies and a little fruit. Start with normal portions and only indulge in veggies/protein if necessary.

...still working

d. Hunger Scale Method - PAY MUCH ATTENTION to eat ONLY when hungry and to STOP when NO LONGER hungry. Not at FULL point! This must be practiced!

...still working

e. Not exercising - I have to exercise. It is for the elasticity of my muscles, decreases the stiffness and pain and makes me feel wonderful - endorphin's! Also it sets my day on the right course mentally!
Today starts this!

f. Overcoming Cravings - Get busy! Do not cave!!! Go clean something! Get on the phone! Workout! The craving will leave and I will be the stronger for not caving!

Have help on this through usage and "non-usage" of medications. I believe I have found the culprits and will be moving forward now!

g. Cut-off eating times - 7 PM It has proven to bring me the best weight-loss readings in the morning. Non-negotiable! After 7pm drink coffee-decaf, water, whatever, but do not eat!!!
STARTS TODAY!

h. Removal of Hurtful Carbs for Ph 3 entirely - Detox from these for the next 3 days. Enjoy ketosis! Know in my heart that the more I resist these the more I will not want them in my daily diet. There is an end to the carb insanity! But it will take discipline to get there!!!

Today is Day 1 of the 3!

i. Ability to STICK to a tailored regimen for food. - This is nothing but practice. I need to set my weeks menu and force myself to stick to it to prove that I can do it! At some point I want to do four days of very low eating amounts to test my resistance muscle on eating all day.

For now, it is low-carb/1000 calories. I am not sure how to do this as he didn't say low carb but I believe it should be. So I am going to watch my food-combinations, eat only when hungry and then stop! We shall see!

Feel the pain of discipline now or the pain of regret later.
I really like the name of your journal "Life by Design", it reminds me of a saying my success coach, Dani, uses. Live life by design instead of by default. I love how you are wanting to exercise your discipline muscle, which is exactly like our physical muscle, the more you work it and use it the stronger it becomes. I have lost mine for a while, but I'm getting my feet wet with coming back to this message board and jumping in a reading and sharing. Thanks for all you do! Adeline
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Hi Adeline! Please feel free to "park it" here in my journal when you need a break from the board surfing. LOL! It is open to anyone and everyone. I love this forum and the wonderful ladies I have met going thru very similar situations as I am.

If you read through my journal you will see that I took 2 months off after my FAILED 1st attempt at hcg. I had many issues with sickness, medications, bad habits, emotional eating etc and I was scared to death of failing twice! So during that two months I researched eating issues, detoxed myself from some meds, fought to break habits and now I am back with great success!

You can do this! Get prepared and all planned up and then JUMP!!! LOL! We will catch you!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.4 today! Yay! I am so excited to see these numbers. No they are not new ones but the are going down, down, down! I am three pounds from breaking my first round numbers. AND I am in the middle of tom so that in itself is amazing. AND I ate saurkraut last night which you know is high in sodium. I am looking for some good numbers tomorrow!

On a not so light note... I am experiencing alot of stress in my family and it is effecting me greatly. I have a low level of anxiety going through me constantly. I am going to look up cortisol bc I believe that is related to stress and see how that is effecting me. But I am so happy to report that I am NOT emotionally eating in any sense of the word! What a break-through!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Now where did everyone go?

Well today the scale STS for me. I wasnt happy to see that given that I am really doing well and drinking tons of water. It is day 4 of TOM for me which is usually the day that I think its over and it starts back up for day 5 and 6 which I never use to see. But i can tell I am retaining fluid. Oh, I also ate shrimp. Would that do it? I had it seasoned lightly and mild.

Anyhow, I am going to workout and tan today. Two things that will help me feel much better. I am modifying my workout from 30 mins Zumba and 30 mins weight sculpting to 20 min Zumba and 20 mins Weight Body Sculpting.

I am white as a ghost for July to be around the corner. Yikes!!!

Monday I do my saliva test and I will know results the first week of July. Until then I am going to keep taking care of me and listening to my body. I am happy to know that the fatigue may not be a constant companion but may be ushered to the door given the right choices.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Im still here but had a busy few days. The scholastic year is almost over and there are lots of things going on in school.

Congrats on all your weightloss Shelle! It great to see things happening huh? Where is the fatigue coming from though? Did you stop taking the hcg for TOM? I read you┤re supposed to do that but I couldnt cope, I felt so weak, I ended up taking my hcg anyway.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pupa!

Its good to hear from you! Yes I took the hcg through tom. The fatigue is adrenal fatigue. So I am working on that. How are you doing with ph 3? Are you stablizing?

I lost 1 pound last night. Its funny that 1 pound seems so little yet it would be 7 in a wk if it remained constant. lol!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

At least you are working on the fatigue....I hope you find a solution soon cause the protocol is tricky enough as it is!

Agreed, one pound might seem a little and its really hard not to look at the weightloss on a day to day basis BUT the most important is the total loss.

My p3 is going well, I have stabilized and after those initial pounds of gain in the first few days of p3 i remained sable on one weight for a long time but in the last week or so I have lost a little bit so Im one pound up from my last weigh in on hcg so Im very happy. Not suffering at all but loving the food Im allowed to eat, not really missing anything right now however I worry a bit about my 2 months of holidays and all the good foods from home that I want to eat while there and how they will affect me. Most are healthy but it will be a lot more carbs than what┤s good for me.....
Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
At least you are working on the fatigue....I hope you find a solution soon cause the protocol is tricky enough as it is!

Agreed, one pound might seem a little and its really hard not to look at the weightloss on a day to day basis BUT the most important is the total loss.

My p3 is going well, I have stabilized and after those initial pounds of gain in the first few days of p3 i remained sable on one weight for a long time but in the last week or so I have lost a little bit so Im one pound up from my last weigh in on hcg so Im very happy. Not suffering at all but loving the food Im allowed to eat, not really missing anything right now however I worry a bit about my 2 months of holidays and all the good foods from home that I want to eat while there and how they will affect me. Most are healthy but it will be a lot more carbs than what┤s good for me.....
I understand your worries! Just keep watching the scale and remind yourself that the first bite is the best bite! So as you taste your favorite foods maybe sampling will do you more than endulging. I bet you wouldn't even feel deprived! Good luck!

I am down -1.8!!! I am SOO happy for that! After today, I will have past my first round losses but not into virgin territory until 10 more pounds. But today is my measure day and photo day. Also, I am convinced that I need to workout to lose. I did yesterday and not much, 20 mins of Zumba and the scale moved!

Pupa.... lots of women are swearing to workouts on ph3 and what it is doing for their body changes. Are you doing any of that?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

My plan for the holiday is to eat the "good" stuff once a week, so sat will be my indulging day. Im doing my 3 times a week kettlebells classes but its too hot to be outside so no walking until i get to cooler temps in europe
Old 06-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

How┤s it going Shelle? how long are you planning this round to last?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pupa! Its been crazy around here for the weekend. But its been a good one finally! I am staying off of the scale due to a bite here and there yesterday. But I allowed them and choose to take a bite, vs an all out cave. Plus I worked out for two days in a row and also got a sunburn. So I don't know how all of that will effect the scale but I will find out tomorrow.

I am planning to go as along as I can as long as I continue to lose. When I hit a potential platuea I will be changing my dose and hoping to continue to lose. I am taking a break for July 4th, our 10th yr anniversary and then on Sept 11th we are leaving for vacation. So by then I will officially be done one way or another.

How are you doing?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

I found this information VERY useful!

CG Diet & Ketosis...This is why that first week is so tough!

an article from another source...

So I've been researching ketosis today and how it relates to the HCG Diet, and I came across this article. It only talks briefly about the connection, but what I found of most importance are the symptoms of entering into ketosis - pretty much those things we on the diet complain about in the first week.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along. I found it helpful AND encouraging to know that while the first 7 days of VLCD can be brutal for some, it's a sign that our bodies are entering into...FAT BURNING!! lol

HCG Diet & Ketosis: What's the Connection?

You have probably heard the term "Ketosis" thrown around a lot lately but few really know what it is or why you might want to be "in Ketosis". Quite simply Ketosis is a process where our body begins burning fat for energy. Ketones (ketone bodies) are molecules created during the fat burning process that our body then uses for energy in place of glucose from the carbohydrates in our diet.

So if a person changes their diet from a normal American high glycemic diet (High Carb & High Sugar diet) to a diet that does not replenish the bodies glycogen stores, the body goes begin to enter ketosis. It can take about 48hrs for the body to make the switch from glucose to ketones which is why the first few days of low carb, low glycemic diets can be somewhat challenging.

Some ketones (acetoacetate and ▀-hydroxybutyrate) are used for energy in the body with some organs notably the heart and kidneys actually prefering ketones to glucose. However one type of ketone molecule, called acetone, is not used by the body and is excreted in the urine and breath (which can sometimes cause a breath odor). The acetone that is excreted in the urine can be detected using a test strips commonly called by the brand name Ketostix. Available at most drugstore these test strips can be used to test if your body has entered into a state of Ketosis. Keeping track while dieting can be very helpful and can be a great source of encouragement.

Why have I heard that Ketosis is a bad thing?

There has been a great deal of misinformation over the years about the levels of glucose required by the body. This has led to concerns that those on low carb diets or so called Ketogenic Diets are in danger of not having enough glucose in their bodies. However, there is quite simply too much medical, dietary, and anthropological evidence that people on reduced carbohydrates diets are not negatively impacted by the lack of high glucose levels and in many ways even benefit from it. As such it is hard to accept the glucose level concerns as valid.

It is interesting that our bodies can't break fat down into glucose but they can convert some of the protein we eat into glucose. It does so with out causing sudden fluctuations in blood glucose levels.

What does this mean for the HCG Diet?

The HCG Diet is classified as a Ketogenic Diet due to its strict dietary restrictions that cuts out virtually all carbohydrates.

What can I expect from being "in Ketosis"?

Weight Loss, to put it simply. However during the first 2-5 days you may experience some bothersome ketosis symptoms such as:

- Tiredness or fatigue
- Leg Cramps
- Headache
- Feeling thirsty all the time
- Bad breath
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Weakness
- Dizziness
- Nausea or stomach ache
- Sleep problems

However, you can do things to help lessen the symptoms:

1. DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!! Since excess Ketones are flushed out through the urine the more you urinate the less Ketones are built up in your blood. This in turn with trigger your body to burn more fat to make more Ketones and thus result in more weight loss. So the put it crudely "The more you Pee the more weight you Lose!"

2. Snack Regularly and spread out your meals though the day.

3. Take a quality Multi Vitamin Supplement and Mineral Supplement daily.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Great info Shelle! You are so strong to still be at it....

Im still doing ok, have stabilized ok and looking forward to days with no school run Tomorrow last day of school for my kids!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great info Shelle! You are so strong to still be at it....

Im still doing ok, have stabilized ok and looking forward to days with no school run Tomorrow last day of school for my kids!
Congratulations for making it another year!!! You will enjoy your summer now hopefully!

I staggered with food choices a few days back and I am just now getting to the burn again. How awful that a few bites of this or that can turn into 5 days of trying to correct it and seeing new numbers again. Hate, hate, hate it!
July 4th is our 10th anniversary and I am doing a PI and only for two days. So I will be tapering of the shots starting the 1st so that I am free of hcg by the 4th. I plan on it being more fat than sugar. And eating light! But you know how that goes.

I really want to get into my thick head that this is a hormone therapy and not a diet. If I could grasp that, I think it would make all the difference. So I read, read, read.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

10th anniversary is def worth celebrating! Congrats!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

oh my gosh what a tear feast we had at school today! both of my kids sobbing away causing me to cry too!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Pupa! I can imagine how emotional that was.

Well, I am not getting on the scale. I can tell I am stressed once again and I don't want to see the numbers go up. Gotta work on this!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

I found this thread for P2 recipes.... want to mark it!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-p2-meals.html
Old 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

I┤ve been on the road for a couple of days, how are you doing Shelle?