Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SerenityFenix
Stats: 182/174.2/127
WOE: hCG drops
Start Date: May 2013
Shelle I don’t know why. It is weird. Like when the house flooded we had people wanting to come over to see the mess (no one offered to help then so I guess that should have been a clue—but I figured it was a house flood not a health thing). But these last 2 weeks both myself and my husband have asked via phone, emails and the mealtrain site I’m trying to post updates on that “DH really would like company, PLEASE come visit.” We get the occasional “yeah sounds good” and NOTHING ELSE. No one says when, where, or even says “sorry can’t this week” or whatever. It is bizarre to me. On the other hand, people I didn’t think I knew very well and his new coworkers (he’s only been at his current place since August 2012 and the last place since 1997) are all trying to get out here. I just never expected that at all.

WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! I *do* believe the hunger lessens, but I guess YMMV. Five pounds is awesome!!!

Pupa I notice the links too, when I post something like a product that Netrition carries (and I bet the name of that was linked ha ha). I think it’s some forum software thing. It’s kind of cool because when someone mentions a product I can figure it out.

Also, Pupa you'll do fine. My "goal" for this entire hCG protocol is to reset my taste buds and eat only healthy foods 80-90% of the time period...saving my "cheats" for going out or a birthday or something, not a "yeah my son got an A on a spelling test" special occasion which I have been prone to do. I really think Weight Loss Apocalypse, my husband's cancer, AND my dad and stepmom are the trigger factors. My dad is constantly mistaken for 20 years younger than his real age, as is stepmom, and they are so fit with really just doing what we all did 40 years ago, walking and having treats occasionally versus daily. But on the other hand my stepmom is gluten free and sugar free so that helps (she actually has had lab work) and my dad (like his dad, brother, etc.) has trouble keeping weight on. That said, I still would rather be like them. The rest of my family starts falling apart at 40, I mean I've never seen my grandmother on my mom's side lift a gallon of milk because it was too heavy.

I did order some stuff this week from Walden Farm’s brand, a seafood sauce, a blue cheese dip, a BBQ sauce, and 3 salad dressings (vinegar based as I don’t do heavy stuff generally). I figure mix it up a bit.

I’ve also been working out pretty consistently this week, just Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis sans the cardio. I may or may not add that in later as I don’t really like cardio at all anyway.
SerenityFenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityFenix View Post
Shelle I don’t know why. It is weird. Like when the house flooded we had people wanting to come over to see the mess (no one offered to help then so I guess that should have been a clue—but I figured it was a house flood not a health thing). But these last 2 weeks both myself and my husband have asked via phone, emails and the mealtrain site I’m trying to post updates on that “DH really would like company, PLEASE come visit.” We get the occasional “yeah sounds good” and NOTHING ELSE. No one says when, where, or even says “sorry can’t this week” or whatever. It is bizarre to me. On the other hand, people I didn’t think I knew very well and his new coworkers (he’s only been at his current place since August 2012 and the last place since 1997) are all trying to get out here. I just never expected that at all.

WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! I *do* believe the hunger lessens, but I guess YMMV. Five pounds is awesome!!!

Pupa I notice the links too, when I post something like a product that Netrition carries (and I bet the name of that was linked ha ha). I think it’s some forum software thing. It’s kind of cool because when someone mentions a product I can figure it out.

Also, Pupa you'll do fine. My "goal" for this entire hCG protocol is to reset my taste buds and eat only healthy foods 80-90% of the time period...saving my "cheats" for going out or a birthday or something, not a "yeah my son got an A on a spelling test" special occasion which I have been prone to do. I really think Weight Loss Apocalypse, my husband's cancer, AND my dad and stepmom are the trigger factors. My dad is constantly mistaken for 20 years younger than his real age, as is stepmom, and they are so fit with really just doing what we all did 40 years ago, walking and having treats occasionally versus daily. But on the other hand my stepmom is gluten free and sugar free so that helps (she actually has had lab work) and my dad (like his dad, brother, etc.) has trouble keeping weight on. That said, I still would rather be like them. The rest of my family starts falling apart at 40, I mean I've never seen my grandmother on my mom's side lift a gallon of milk because it was too heavy.

I did order some stuff this week from Walden Farm’s brand, a seafood sauce, a blue cheese dip, a BBQ sauce, and 3 salad dressings (vinegar based as I don’t do heavy stuff generally). I figure mix it up a bit.

I’ve also been working out pretty consistently this week, just Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis sans the cardio. I may or may not add that in later as I don’t really like cardio at all anyway.
Serenity.... I am so glad to hear that there is some support there for you. You mentioned a trigger factor being Weightloss Apolcalypse. Are you referring to your book? And in what way? Good for you on the working out. I have been in lots of pain yesterday and today. Also my strength level is low. I am discusted over that. But as I type this I am wondering if my weekend with the babies could have wore me out. I am SOOOO TIRED of pushing through p&f (pain and fatigue). It is mentally exhausting.

OK, the sauces you ordered are not for now right? The food is getting bland already. Yes, Pupa, I said it and this is only day 4!!! I have to admit that I ate some lowfat cottage cheese last night and the scale jumped up 2.2 pounds on me. Really?????

I am hoping to get a workout in tonight.... I am making some tomato broth right now, heading for a cup of coffee (excellent hunger killer) going to make some meat up and then get my mind off of food. I just wish the pain would go away.

So I need to say this.... I don't want the side-effects or quick w/d from hydrocodone... but I am living in a very difficult place of pain. I am still taking tramadol but it takes 2 of them (100 mg) to help me. I am taking ansaids like crazy. I don't want to destroy my stomach. But I do not desire the hold that hydros had on me nor the foggy thinking. Any suggestions?
I am going to my dr Wednesday to discuss other options. Its hard to not turn to food when I am hurting and its in middle of the night. THAT is my hardest time!

Pupa... congrats on your progress!!! Just know that ph3 is VERY important. I have a friend that disciplines like crazy and loses great. But as she is suppose to go into ph3 she skips it and gains everything back. She does not stabilize or reset her hypothalamus which is the greatest reward for this program. Have you read Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeon? It is a great resource and free online.

Living By Design - Shelle's Journal for HCG Journey

Week One 252.5 - 241.8 (-6.9)
Week Two 241.8 - 239 (-2.8)

Total (-9.7) Not great but other obstacles not beating me!!!
Shelle135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Ugh Shelle I really don't know about the hydrocodone. I am still on naproxen daily and wish to come off, I fear for the stomach too. I hope as I lose some pain lessens. I don't know if it will go away.

I PM'd you and I'm going to use any 20 calorie or less dressing now, I read or almost finished Lipman'sbook, the 800 calorie one. My goal is to reset everything. I added protein to my morning and I'll be darned if it doesn't seem to help energy wise and I think with the weight. I just can't not work out, my body really hurts if I don't and my head needs the release or something.

Pupa I hope all is well and you're staying cool.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pupa
Stats: 189/175/145
WOE: hCG pellets
good morning ladies...day 2 without the hcg, tomorrow I will start introducing new foods but I still have no idea what Im going to eat for bfast....eggs? scale @ 171.5 this morning. I read some tips in the P3 thread on here but I really miss some help and guidance on a full "food plan".

Shelle, I told you the food would get boring quickly....no idea how I would last much longer than I did. My fav has been bbqd chicken kebabs and a tomato and beef stew. Easy peasy, you just skin and chop your tomatoes, boil them and crush them as best you can, then add apple cider vinegar, garlic, onion powder and any other spices you want plus the lowfat beef cubes (cut into bite size so you get as many pieces as possible, good for me mentally with many small rather than few big). Leave it to simmer for a loooong time until the meat is so tender it almost falls apart in your mouth.

Im off for school run, today is fairytale ball in my sons grade and I look forward to seeing the kids
Pupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Pupa I think you've done fab! I also am going to try that recipe probably Tuesday. Have fun today.

Also someone on the main forum is looking for you, she thinks you might know where to get hcg...I don't remember the name of the post though.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Here is that Thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...x-30-plus.html

Hope you don't mind me mentioning you Pupa. I don't mean to overtake Shelle's thread. Just trying to be helpful.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Dawn youre always welcome.

Today i am going to do a totally clean day. No bites here and there, no nothing. Somehow I have to accept hunger as the normal and I am having a difficult time doing that. But I know that after 4 days the appetite subsides and I am on my way.

On a good note, I am about to leave and do a 6 mile bike ride. I am off work today so it is a good day to work on me. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Saw some lovely fairytale characters today. The teachers take it real seriously and dress up too. My son had a fab day!

Good luck on your clean day Shelle! Hope you have a fab time on the bike!

Soon its time for my last P2 dinner, tomorrow Im starting to eat more again. Read some do´s and dont´s on the forum and feel quite confident now but it will be tricky to increase food one by one but still manage to eat 2000 cal/day.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #99

Shelle, are you still hungry? What does your clinic say? I think you have read this, no? I would suggest looking here to see if you need to change things up. There is some really good info in here, and I don't even do Rx LOL.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...mmas-plan.html

I am honestly puzzled you are hungry as I heard that you should NOT be while on Rx hcg. I really think you should check into something about it. My first round I was not hungry for ANYTHING. I made cakes, cookies for my kids (I have 4!) and didn't even WANT to lick the bowl. Now for anyone reading this, you think ......oh that is easy for you to say. Well, I am one who will buy cookie dough to eat the WHOLE package by myself in ONE DAY. That is me! Cookie dough and brownies---OMG! I cannot NOT touch it. I love it, and on round 1--not even a finger tip lick. I had no appetite for it, and that is extremely surprising. So that is why I wonder why you are STILL having hunger since you were struggling so last round. I hate to see someone suffer on this hcg, when it shouldn't be so hard. I say this with concern

I see that you are exercising---it could also be that. I would cut back on the exercise, because that could be making you hungrier.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

I exercised too and was really hungry (on pellets though) but I couldnt justify stopping the exercise I had worked so hard on for 5 months just to start from scratch again so I just put up with it
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Yes, well I believe that I REALLY need to eat clean for 4 days before I can determine the hunger to be unusual at this point. I am just being really transparent here. I have dipped in lf cottage cheese when hungry and maybe too much ketchup so forth.

So Dawn, I believe you are right to be concerned but I need 4 clean days.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Hi Dawn! I've got to check out that thread.

Shelle I hope the bike ride went well, unless I missed it...long day.

Pupa the fairy tale day sounds cool.

Nothing new, my Walden Farms stuff came and I'll try a dressing with my salad tonight. Otherwise DH visit went w3ll.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

I just had the loveliest of meals! Grilled ribeye steak with a [I]mixed[I]salad and some wild mushrooms, it couldnt have been better

Serenity, hope your salads are a bit tastier with the dressing!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Dawn! I've got to check out that thread.

Shelle I hope the bike ride went well, unless I missed it...long day.

Pupa the fairy tale day sounds cool.

Nothing new, my Walden Farms stuff came and I'll try a dressing with my salad tonight. Otherwise DH visit went w3ll.
I need to check out their products. I can't do salad right now due to the blandness of it. So glad your DH's visit went well. Hope you find rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
I just had the loveliest of meals! Grilled ribeye steak with a [I]mixed[I]salad and some wild mushrooms, it couldnt have been better

Serenity, hope your salads are a bit tastier with the dressing!
Pupa, your meal sounds wonderful!!! I love anything GRILLED!!! I want to make some kabobs. I am mixing my veggies too. I don't believe I have read anything about it causing stalls or gains for anyone. So yesterday was grilled chicken breast and stir-fry (no oil). Mmmmm!!!

Well ladies, I managed a 42 min bike ride and a 30 min circuit weight traning sessions. I did the weights about 7pm and my energy SOARED! I was not hungry most of the day. Dawn, I am sure you will be glad to hear that. I am glad to say it!!! Maybe something "normal" is happening for me for a change. But no hunger that wasn't managable.

After the workout, like I said, my energy soared and my muscles quit hurting. I was shocked!!! I SO need the weight lifiting workouts. They are therapeutic for my FM and CFS.

And the best news, I went to bed and went to sleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow. I slept ALL night without any wake-ups and didn't even desire to snack. YAY!!! My nights are NEVER like that!

I hope today is as grand!!!

Last edited by Shelle135; 06-04-2013 at 04:30 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #105

I am so glad you are having no hunger issues and lots of energy!! Yay for pushing through. I am thinking this is going to be YOUR round
Old 06-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I am so glad you are having no hunger issues and lots of energy!! Yay for pushing through. I am thinking this is going to be YOUR round
Thank you, Dawn. And thanks for hanging in their with me. Since Jan of this year I have literally felt "crazy" due to all that I went through trying to do my first round. But it truly revealed that there are many other issues with food besides eating too much. So I have gotten a number of books that speak to the issues of binge eating, emotional eating etc and they have been so helpful I just can't tell ya! Not to mention that I am changing my medication profile to that of less harmful to my body. That in itself is life-changing!

So I hope you are right. I pray this is my round and I have amazing results.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #107

Your welcome

When I first started this plan, I thought "Oh, this is so simple". Then I got to goal and it was so much more than simply "a diet". It is waaay sooo much more than that. It was hard, very enlightening, and some very hard lessons we all need to learn. And some are still learning I have to do yet ANOTHER round because I have "issues" I have not yet dealt with. Doing so in your first round (dealing with all those issues first!).......all I can say is you WILL be so successful!! More successful than most who do this. As most are in for the quick weight loss. Kind of like me But with each round I do, I learn a bit more about myself. So I am a work in progress. Better to have done the hard work beforehand though. You are miles ahead of the rest of us!!! Or at least most of us. LOL.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Your welcome

When I first started this plan, I thought "Oh, this is so simple". Then I got to goal and it was so much more than simply "a diet". It is waaay sooo much more than that. It was hard, very enlightening, and some very hard lessons we all need to learn. And some are still learning I have to do yet ANOTHER round because I have "issues" I have not yet dealt with. Doing so in your first round (dealing with all those issues first!).......all I can say is you WILL be so successful!! More successful than most who do this. As most are in for the quick weight loss. Kind of like me But with each round I do, I learn a bit more about myself. So I am a work in progress. Better to have done the hard work beforehand though. You are miles ahead of the rest of us!!! Or at least most of us. LOL.
Thank you! I still can't get my mind around having consecutive successful days. I feel fear inside of me when I think of it because I never have! I have made it 2 maybe 3 days then bomb. But this book I reading called Shrink Yourself, talks about being your own AUTHOR. So yesterday as I was doing the weight training in my rec room I thought of that. No, I didn't want to do 2 workouts for the day (according to my p&F levels [pain and faigue]) but they don't dictate my success. I am the author of my day! I will write the successes or the failures of the day. I am not giving that power to another. And so as I finished the workout I realized that I just overcome a huge HURDLE! "I" took control of my circumstances instead of allowing them to control me and as I wrote before... the rest of the evening was a bliss that I have never known, at least in the past 10 years since my collapse!

So I am going to "author" this week. I am going to determine that I will be successful in spite of what that little voice is saying in my head. And I couldn't do it without my friends here. I am sure some wrote me off, but I am thankful for those I have.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

I found this thread on this site and thought I would share it. WOW! What encouragement! Its people's before and after pics. I will be referring to this when encouragement is needed!

Before and after Pics
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

For anyone that wants it, here is the thread for ph 2 recipes

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...ipes-only.html
Old 06-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Dawn that's my big thing. I want this to be a reboot as far as intake, so I'm really paying attention to food, mood, thoughts, etc. I don't want a quick fix that leads to gaining weight or reverting to bad habits using food for way more than food.

Shelle I've downloaded Shrink Yourself, but not gotten into it yet.

Pupa the ginger dressing was okay, I think it'll make a great marinade. How is P3 going?

Down to 174.2...still aways to go, but I will get there. Busy week, my youngest "graduates" 6th grade tomorrow, surgery Thursday, and I really really need new tires Friday. I think we will get them at Costco, but I have no idea if they stock them or if I have to order first.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #112

I have a ginger dressing you can make. Let me see if I can find it. That way if you cannot find the Walden Farms you can make your own P2 legal dressing.

Here ya go:

"Biz's Asian Dressing and/or meat marinade
2 Tablespoons fresh minced Ginger
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup Bragg's aminos
2 pk sweet -n- low

Mix all together, can be used as a meat marinate or salad dressing."

She has a you tube video on how to make it, I am sure you can find it in there. Anyhow, it is great!!

Oh, and I love books on nutrition and diet. And I certainly need those on binge eating. I am a big binge eater. I have Brain over Binge on my Kindle as a sample. I have WLA downloaded, and will look into the Shrink Yourself. I need as much help as I can get myself. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn I will be making that when this runs out.

I loved their Italian. I'm usually so so with regular Italian dressings, and I like this better than anyone's I've ever had. Yummers!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Second day of p3 and I weighed in at +0.4. Yesterday was lovely foodwise
Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a ginger dressing you can make. Let me see if I can find it. That way if you cannot find the Walden Farms you can make your own P2 legal dressing.

Here ya go:

"Biz's Asian Dressing and/or meat marinade
2 Tablespoons fresh minced Ginger
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup Bragg's aminos
2 pk sweet -n- low

Mix all together, can be used as a meat marinate or salad dressing."

She has a you tube video on how to make it, I am sure you can find it in there. Anyhow, it is great!!

Oh, and I love books on nutrition and diet. And I certainly need those on binge eating. I am a big binge eater. I have Brain over Binge on my Kindle as a sample. I have WLA downloaded, and will look into the Shrink Yourself. I need as much help as I can get myself. Thanks for the recommendation.
Thanks Dawn for the recipe. I will have to try it. Bland is not working for me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
Second day of p3 and I weighed in at +0.4. Yesterday was lovely foodwise
Pupa, that is great!!! Are you totally low carb and introduced fats back in yet? I am so glad this is working for you!!!

My update:

I am down 2lbs this morning. Yesterday was another good day. That makes 2 in a row. All cravings and uncontrollable hunger is gone. Its a matter of trusting my body at this point that I did eat enough and it will be ok. There has been no sign of lns'ing!! I am taking pm's and melatonin and I do believe it is helping me. I don't even desire to. And what is strange is that i can tell "before" going to bed whether there will be a problem or not. The past 2 nights I didn't care if hubby locked the pantry and hid the key or not. I just knew it wasnt a problem. Now when grandbabies return on Thursday and keep me up at night, I hope to be saying the same thing.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #116

Shelle--I don't even do salads (I only use lettuce on P2 per Dr S's instructions) on P2 because I couldn't find a dressing I liked. This dressing is awesome!! I give it 2 thumbs up.

Good going Shelle. You are on a roll!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dawn that's my big thing. I want this to be a reboot as far as intake, so I'm really paying attention to food, mood, thoughts, etc. I don't want a quick fix that leads to gaining weight or reverting to bad habits using food for way more than food.

Shelle I've downloaded Shrink Yourself, but not gotten into it yet.

Pupa the ginger dressing was okay, I think it'll make a great marinade. How is P3 going?

Down to 174.2...still aways to go, but I will get there. Busy week, my youngest "graduates" 6th grade tomorrow, surgery Thursday, and I really really need new tires Friday. I think we will get them at Costco, but I have no idea if they stock them or if I have to order first.
Wow Serenity, you have so much on your plate. I'm sorry if I missed the details on the surgery. Is that for hubby? Graduating 6th grade is too cute! Maybe that will be a positive for you in the midst of so many negatives.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

I have to say that today I am hungry. I am not caving or even have a desire to but I feel very real hunger. I posted a thread about it bc I hear so many say that you are NOT hungry. Not at all? Not even at night when your last meal was at 6pm? Not in the morning when you are not suppose to eat until lunch? I am not getting many replies yet so hopefully one of you know. Are you hungry? Pupa, was you hungry during ph2?

I think I am going to get a pregancy test and ketosis sticks tonight to test my hcg.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Yes Shelle I was hungry ALL the time in P2, like you, I didnt cave in but was walking around constantly hungry and it sucked!

Second weigh in on p3 and I have gained even more 1 whole pound and Im getting worried cause I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I read in the P3 thread how to check with the BMR how many calories and I should eat just over 2000. It also said to double the protein intake and be careful with dairy products. Fine, I have not eaten my 2000 cal these last two days but its too hard.

First day I had some yoghurt with berries (had my KB class in the morning and had to eat something light to cope). Some watermelon after workout (I know its not the best fruit but I needed any extra fluids I could get) 200 g rib eye with mixed salad and fried forest mushrooms for lunch and 200 g chicken breast with mixed salad for dinner.

Yesterday we went out for bfast and I had a mushroom omelette, a small peach (again not the best fruit diet wise) for a snack and then cause of a playdate and late bfast I only had dinner, 200g chicken with mixed salad.

Any idea what Im doing wrong? Too little fat? I know the fruits are not the best ones but could the peach be behind a 1 pound weight gain?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Pupa, I would not worry about the 1 pound. I believe at this point of your body is readjusting to "normal" eating. And as a woman your body is going to fluctuate a couple pounds here and there. Dr S said that if it goes over 2 pounds it is time to do something. I believe you are still under that right.

About the fruit, I would suggest eating the fruit 1 hr before anything else or 2 hrs after anything else. That way your body can use the sugars only. And there is no bad fruit imho. Have you read Pounds & Inches? It is online free and Dr S give details on Ph 3 that will help you understand it better. But from what I recall you can eat ANYTHING and ANY AMOUNT within reason, EXCEPT sugar and starch. There is no bad food in Ph 3 but them.

My pregnancy test come back negative. But I have since found out that I did it incorrectly and should have tested the serum and not me. I will be doing another today.