Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelle135
Stats: 320/238/135
WOE: HCG injections
Start Date: May 26, 2013
Hi all!!! Sorry I have been MIA. My TOM showed up and wow! WIthout painmeds in me, I was astonished at the level of cramp pain that I had to endure. It literally put me down for over a day PLUS on weekends I have my two grandbabies, 3 yrs and 7 months. So Weekends are just tha,t if my postings become less.

I am so glad to hear that you both are doing so well!!!! Serenity... thank you for coming here and sharing your journey with us. I can see how both of those issues can be difficulties. One of the hardest things I had to learn on my first go of hcg is that my greatest weapon is to keep my mind ON everything BUT food and be prepared! It sounds like you have both going on! Another powerful weapon for me... and you might laugh at this... is to not even look at the bad food. It seems that looking is my first step to self-talking my way TO it! We're here to cheer you and on and support you through it!

Hi Pupa! It sounds like you are from a very intersting place! I know about the food boredom. If you can get your hands on a book called Weightloss Apolcalypse... it will help you tremendously. Remember that ultimately... we are not eating for entertainment, pleasure, etc, we are eating to stay alive. So learning to not find enjoyment in food is part of this battle. This book really hits that hard and helps us learn to eat to live not live to eat. I am speaking to myself here b/c i eat to live, medicate, comfort, etc. This is life-changing for me.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Big hugs!
Shelle

Living By Design - Shelle's Journal for HCG Journey

Week One 252.5 - 241.8 (-6.9)
Week Two 241.8 - 239 (-2.8)

Total (-9.7) Not great but other obstacles not beating me!!!
Shelle135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SerenityFenix
Stats: 182/174.2/127
WOE: hCG drops
Start Date: May 2013
Pupa I have to find recipes too. I got an Anne Wolfinger, I think, book, but haven't used it.

Shelle you sound busy. I don't envy the cramps, I had a uterine fibroid embolization February 2012 and it helped...but it was $$$ even with insurance. I feel for you cramps suck.

Lost exactly 2 pounds overnight, which to be honest I expected. I was st 169 or 163 in November 2012 so my goal this round is to get there if possible, I am doing the 40 something one, but told my girlfriend if I feel icky I'll stop at the 23 or whatever it is mark. I think there are good reasons to do several short ones so we will see.
SerenityFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Serenity, what is your reasons for liking the short rounds? Congrats on the 2 lb loss! That is amazing!

I haven't started yet. I know I am dealing with the fear of failure again. I want to finish this one book. I believe it will make lots of sense to me and it echoed what you said, Serenity, with the chemicals being more the issue of binges then me. That makes so much sense to me because WHO in their right mind will starve all day and love it to only sabotage it in the middle of the night with 1000+ calories???? Thats not normal and I know "other" things are involved.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

I think that for some mentally they can stick better to short rounds, but OTOH I think to reset your brain....longer is better. I'm not necessarily ready to have a big opinion either way.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle135 View Post
Serenity, what is your reasons for liking the short rounds? Congrats on the 2 lb loss! That is amazing!

I haven't started yet. I know I am dealing with the fear of failure again. I want to finish this one book. I believe it will make lots of sense to me and it echoed what you said, Serenity, with the chemicals being more the issue of binges then me. That makes so much sense to me because WHO in their right mind will starve all day and love it to only sabotage it in the middle of the night with 1000+ calories???? Thats not normal and I know "other" things are involved.
Shelle you mean Weight Loss Apocalypse? It's on my list.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Yes, that is the book Serenity. Its a must read because it goes hand in hand with the protocol. It will encourage you tremendously and give you the science of what is happening not only physically in your body during protocol but also mentally, emotionally.

Pupa? Where are you?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I made it back to work and so I will be much more available to keep up with the posts here.

I need a plan to head back on it. I want to detox from sugar...will look up how long that takes... and I need to prove to myself that I have control over night eating. Which for me, this means that I will not eat after 7 pm. How do you girls get through those hours?

I will be setting my start date after looking at my calendar.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

HUGE INFORMATION POST ALERT! lol!

SUGAR DETOX

Detox – How to Detox Sugar
Sugar is one of the most addictive substances in the world and it has a devastating effect on your health. Excessive use contributes to long term health problems and diseases. It seems to be in just about every product you pick up in the supermarket so it is hardly surprising that people are asking how to detox sugar?
A sugar detox simply means avoiding sugar to improve your health but because it is in so many foods it is hard to do so. Because it is so addictive you might not realize how much you were depending on it for a quick energy or mood boost. Shocking statistics reveal that the average American and British person consumes about 150 lbs of sugar a year.
Why do you need to detox sugar?
Your body is designed to use glucose that it obtains from carbohydrate as a fuel for energy. Protein and fat can be used as well but they have to be turned into glucose first. When you eat whole grains, vegetables, beans or lentils the carbohydrates they contain are broken down and the sugars are released slowly into your blood stream. These foods contain the minerals and vitamins that are needed by your cells to convert the glucose into energy.
Refined carbohydrates and sugars like white flour products, white sugar, glucose, honey, syrup, dextrose and high fructose corn syrup, on the other hand, get absorbed rapidly into your blood stream causing a rapid rise in blood sugar levels which triggers the release of the hormone insulin. The refined sugar has been stripped of all its nutrients so your cells have to rob your tissue stores of minerals to turn it into glucose and then energy.
Health problems associated with refined sugar
Although the sudden rush of sugar into your blood stream can give you an quick energy boost it triggers the release of insulin which lowers it and over time as you body becomes depleted of nutrients, your metabolism becomes inefficient resulting in poor energy and weight control. Your liver converts excess sugar to triglycerides (blood fats) and bad cholesterol. Eventually this leads to a number of health problems such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, heart disease, mood swings, yeast overgrowth, osteoporosis, premature aging, poor immunity, degenerative diseases and increased risk of cancer.
A sugar detox is well worth it if you want to lose weight, curb sweet cravings, control diabetes, improve your energy levels, and lower your risk of many health problems. However, if your diet is high in added and hidden sugar you may get some withdrawal symptoms such as headache, fatigue, anxiety, depression, irritability and sleep problems.
How to detox sugar?

Avoid adding sugar to your food and drinks and avoid obviously sweet foods. Read labels to exclude sugar hidden in many processed foods such as ketchup, many sauces, pickles, soups, dips, peanut butter, salad dressings, frankfurters and even bread. Many fruit drinks and sodas are laden with sugar. It’s in everything isn’t it? A real eye opener when you see how much you eat every day.
Don’t panic. There are plenty of other foods you can eat. Replace sugar foods with fresh fruit, vegetable sticks, salad, unsweetened yogurt, almonds, almond butter, a handful of seeds, hummus. It may be hard at first to avoid sugar if you rely a lot on convenience foods but it can be done. Don’t fall into the trap of using artificial sweeteners or buying food or drinks containing them as they are not safe either. Try Stevia, a natural sweetener, instead.
What to eat instead on a sugar detox
Here are a few suggestions: buy plain unsweetened yogurt instead of sweetened and add your own fruit. Take time to make oatmeal for breakfast and add some raisins or other fruit to sweeten instead of having a sweetened cereal. Look out for sugar free muesli. Make your own dressing with virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Replace candy bars with more healthy fruit sweetened bars. Eat fruit instead of dessert.
Eating a diet of whole grains, vegetables, beans and lentils or lean, free range poultry, meat and eggs helps to stabilize blood sugar and reduce sugar cravings. Refined carbohydrates like white flour, white rice and refined cereals have the same effect as sugar.

Sugar cravings
Reduce the sugars gradually if you have been used to eating high sugar foods as it will take time to get used to the less sweet taste. . For some people high carbohydrate foods can have the same lifting effect as alcohol and cocaine. Sugar and starch addicts say they feel energized, relaxed or comforted. In fact alcohol is a chemical cousin to sugar. It upsets blood sugar too so avoid it when doing a sugar detox.
Nutritional support to reduce sugar cravings

If you have a serious craving for sugar you may have to support your body with nutritional supplements to restore the nutrients that you are lacking. The B vitamins, chromium, zinc and Vitamin C can help with sugar withdrawal symptoms. L-glutamine, an amino acid can help reduce sugar cravings. Try 500mg 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day. Increase dose to 1000mg three times a day if you still get cravings after 1 week. Combine with Chromium 200 mcg three times a day with meals.
Following this sugar detox plan will help you will break any sugar addiction and consume much less of it. As a result you should have more energy, lose weight more easily and improve your health.

How to eliminate sugar and white flour
Eliminating sugar is hard because it’s an addiction. But the physical cravings dissipate quickly once you stop eating it. Here are some tips for how you can successfully do this with a whole body cleanse.
· I recommend starting the same day you cut your caffeine intake in half.
· The tried and true method from my experience with thousands of patients: Go cold turkey from all white flour and sugar products. (Don’t cheat — it will only make it worse!)
· Include protein for breakfast, such as eggs, nuts, seeds, nut butters or a protein shake.
· Combine “good” protein, “good” fat and “good” carbs at each meal. (Good fats are fish, extra virgin olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds and avocados. Good carbs are beans, vegetables, whole grains and fruit. Good proteins are fish, organic eggs, small amounts of lean poultry, nuts, soy, whole grains and legumes.)
· Don’t go low-fat. Consume olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds and avocados every day. Despite commonly held beliefs, these good fats are NOT fattening.
· Eat every three hours. Snack on nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts or pumpkin seeds (raw or dry-roasted only). One serving is a handful or ten to twelve nuts.
· Drink at least six to eight glasses of filtered water a day.
How to ease withdrawal symptoms
The unfortunate reality is that making these changes in your diet is liable to cause a few withdrawal symptoms. They include:
· Bad breath
· Constipation
· Achy, flu-like feeling
· Fatigue
· Headaches
· Hunger
· Irritability
· Itchy skin
· Nausea
· Offensive body odor
· Sleep difficulties (too much or too little)
These symptoms are actually a good sign. They mean your body and mind are eliminating stored toxins and are finding their way to balance and UltraWellness once more.
Those who consume the most caffeine, alcohol and sugar, and those who have the most food allergies, will have the most difficulty with the detoxificaiton initially. In any event, symptoms of withdrawal usually disappear after three or four days.

What to do if withdrawal symptoms become uncomfortable
1. Make sure you drink at least six to eight glasses of filtered water daily.
2. To prevent headaches, make sure your bowels are clean.
3. If you are tired, allow more time for sleep.
4. Make sure you exercise daily to help fight off fatigue.
5. If you are hungry, have some protein in the afternoon such as a handful of nuts or seeds such as almonds, pecans, walnuts or pumpkin seeds, cooked beans, or a piece of steamed or baked fish.
6. If you’re irritable or have trouble sleeping, take a combination of calcium citrate (500 mg) and magnesium citrate (250 mg) before bed.
7. If you have an upset stomach, drink ginger or peppermint tea. Steep a tea bag in boiling water for 10 minutes, and drink up to four cups a day as often as needed.

Signs of Sugar Addiction
Sugar addiction can lead to some major health concerns such as Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Obesity, and Anxiety. We could all use a detox from sugar from time to time.
Typical Symptoms Include:
· Exhaustion OR High Energy
· Allergies
· Insomnia
· Hair Loss
· Tooth Decay
· Cardiovascular Disease
· High Blood Sugar Levels
· Binge Eating
· Anxiety
· Prioritizing Sugar over other activities
· Withdrawal if stopped for a short period of time
As I’ve canvassed the web looking for information on dealing with sugar addictions, here are ten suggestions on how to kick a sugar habit…
· Eliminate soft drinks – this is a big one, even diet soft drinks can have the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar which is your total daily recommended allowance
· Avoid artificial sweeteners – this can be a tough one, but studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can make you crave sugar.
· Don’t bring it home – don’t buy it, keep it out of the house and try to rally your family’s support to this end – it’s the matter of establishing a better lifestyle overall.
· Eat fruit – Eating fruit won’t create a spike in your blood sugar, it has a low to medium glycemic index and it’s a great way to eat something sweet while managing your calories.
· Exercise – Not only will it make your body run more efficiently, but exercise helps you to metabolize better, rather than storing your energy.
· Break emotional dependence – this can be a tough one because you really need to stop and think about why you’re eating sugary foods and learn to detox from sugar. For me, eating sugary snacks was a stress crutch.
· Hydrate with water – Even 100% juice is sugar water in disguise. Do your best to reach for water first before any flavored drinks and work to reduce the soft drinks you’re consuming.
· Don’t fall off the wagon cause when you are learning to detox from sugar it is hard to stay strong but you can do it- While it takes time to dismantle a sugar addiction, your body will quickly recoup sugar cravings if you load up on sugary snacks.
· Eliminate the white stuff – White flour, rice, potatoes all have the same effect on blood sugar as pure sugar or sweeteners, ultimately making it even more difficult to kick your sugar habit.
· Limit alcohol – Liquor may be quicker, but it’s also made from sugar and acts like such in your body.

Sugar Detox
Sugar detox can be classified like alcohol or drug detox. Sugar is one of the most addictive substances. It stimulates the release of dopamine, which makes you feel pleasure. It may startle you to learn that heroine, morphine and sugar all stimulate the same receptors in your brain.
Carbohydrates, protein and fat is induced by the body into glucose, which we use for energy. While these “natural sugars” are slowly absorbed by the body, refined carbohydrates, like the ones in pancakes, the syrup and even the white sugar you put on your cup of coffee, get absorbed rapidly into the blood stream. This makes your sugar level rise, which triggers the release of insulin. The problem lies here, when your sugar intake has already been stripped of all nutrients, your cells rob your tissue of minerals.
How to do a Sugar Detox
Detoxification takes 28 days for most addictive substances, and sugar – hidden in fast food, low-fat options and condiments – is certainly an addictive substance. On this detox diet, you’ll detox, cleanse hidden sugars and learn how to incorporate alternative sweeteners.
WEEK 1: Cleanse your pantry of sugar. Look at labels to get a feel of how many of the foods you eat will be affected by the detox diet. (For a list of the many names used to stand in for sugar, go to drcarolyndean.com.)
WEEK 2: Cleanse diet of dairy. Eliminate all dairy (which contains galactose sugar), except unsweetened yogurt—the probiotic content may be good for detoxing. Use unsweetened almond, rice, or oat milk instead of animal milk for natural cleanse.
WEEK 3: Toss out refined wheat. Replace refined wheat, which is immediately turned into glucose in the body, with wheat-free pastas, breads, and crackers, and alternative whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millet, and amaranth. Detox diet also means eliminating all sources of white flour.
WEEK 4: Cleanse diet, stop eating sugar, including fruit. In the last week of your detox diet, do a total cleanse, remove all remaining sugars, including fruit, starchy vegetables (like sweet potatoes, carrots), and sweetened beverages (even the ones with more natural sugars).
WEEKS 5–6: Remain on detox diet for two weeks. Help your body to a master cleanse by drinking several cups daily of the classic Chinese cleanse: one cup of water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, W teaspoon of ginger, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, sweetened with Stevia, if needed.
The unfortunate reality is that this detox diet is liable to cause a few withdrawal symptoms like constipation, fatigue, irritability and nausea. These symptoms are actually a good sign that you are detoxing sugar. They mean your body and mind are eliminating stored toxins for total detox and are finding their way to balance once more. These symptoms of detoxification usually disappear after three or four days.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pupa
Stats: 189/175/145
WOE: hCG pellets
Im here but I totally missed that there was a second page so I thought you had all left me
Pupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupa View Post
Im here but I totally missed that there was a second page so I thought you had all left me

Lots of good info Shelle! I agree take your time, do it once and make permanent changes. Inherently I know this, but now with DH it has to change period. Fortunately, I love healthy food so that is helpful.

One lb down even. Weird that it was exactly 1 and exactly 2 the day before. My cycle is due today or tomorrow so I wonder if I started at the wrong time? With all that is going on I didn't think about that and so far no preperiod migraine!

Pupa what hCG are you using? Shelle you too.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Pupa... I am so glad you are still here!!! And so glad you found us.

Serenity.... 3 pounds in two days is awesome!!!! WOW!!! Congrats to you! I don't think it is weird and I think your timing with period is perfect. I loaded right before my period and lost tons that week!!! Keep going...!!!!

I am doing the shots... I did the non-homeopathic, hormone-free drops and discovered that is was only amino acid waters. I lost 16 pounds the first week but about passed out from low sugar, thus making me research them and found out that there is no hcg in them at all. So ultimately all I was doing was starving myself. Isnt it something how powerful the mind is??? I starved myself literally thinking that the drops was doing it! Urgh!
Then I moved to the homeopathic drops but they tasted like water. So I opted for the shots.... scared to death... and now they are my choice.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Scary about nearly passing out. I'm using the same brand three different, and don't know each other, reccomended. I figure I'll stick with it unless I feel off or something. My MIL doesn't get how I can eat the same things over and over, but I thought back to when for me thin was normal...and I ate probably the same ten meals over and over. It for me is key AND not using food,i.e. usually unhealthy, as a fix for something mental.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Serenity... what do you mean... "same brand different and don't know each other, recommended." ? I'm confused.

Ok, me and hubby was sitting here making plans to reserve our vacation condo for Sept. And yes, it has got me excited and REALLY revving up to start my round! yay!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Yeah for vacay.

One of my girlfriends used Intermountain and lost 25ish, back to her normal weight of size 4 (she's petite). SIL lost 40 using Intermountain in one round, but she didn't watch food and still lost. However she was a good 150 lbs overweight then. She stopped and doesn't eat healthy, but I was still interested in which brand. Another friend dropped 20 vanity pounds with Intermountain. NONE of these ladies know each other, and so that's all I meant.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Sorry ladies, i went to bed after my last post. Was aboslutetly knackerd! My weightloss has slowed down but on today´s weigh in (day 15) I have lost a total of 11 pounds. My plan is to keep this up until 31st may for this time around. I wish I could do it all in one go but the fact that Im already getting bored with the food and also the fact that Im going away to my home country for 2 months this summer, staying with family I dont want to be giving them hassle with what I can and can not eat. Like this I will have enough time to stabilize until I leave Dubai for the summer. Then when Im back after summer I will get back to it again hopefully losing the rest to reach my goal.

Im on the Intermountain pellets.

Congrats on the first 3 pounds Serenity!

Booking your vacation sounds like a good way of encouraging the weightloss Shelle! Where will you be going?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pupa!

We are going to North Carolina. It is called Pleasure Island. It is very beautiful and very peaceful. I am in Maryland now so its about a 9 hr drive.

Today I am ordering my shots. So they will be in by the weekend. I believe I am going to be loading on the 26th and 27th. I am so nervous about it. I still haven't tackled night eating. And what I mean about that is once I go to sleep I wake back up and have no care of what I eat. I could have done amazing the whole day, and still do this eating into a binge at times. So from now until then I will be working hard on this. I actually have hubby lock the pantry door where I store anything that even looks like a carb. Oh and its only refined carbs that I want! Isnt that nuts? This is what makes me consider the sugar addiction issue.

Pupa... can you make smoothies? There is a recipe for a creamsickle smoothie, strawberry smoothie etc. Also my dr told me that we can use pam spray and salad spritzer. He lost over 200 pounds on this!!! Oh, and have you had the apple cobbler yet? I will be happy to give you these recipes if you would like them. If not I totally understand! They are all protocol friendly!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Ok, shots are ordered. I am starting to feel excited and fearful at the same time. I can NOT fail the second time. I won't fail!!! This is it for me! This is what I have been working very hard to and I am aiming for big losses. I know I could be disappointed, but if I lose 30 instead of 40 how disappointed can I be???

Time to check the menus and make sure all of my foods are pre-packaged and froze.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Wow, that´s a long drive!

I wasnt nevous when I started but then I didnt know how hungry I was going to feel, Im sure its worse for you cause you´ve tried it before. I get so grumpy when Im hungry and no one wants to be around me but so far I have managed to stick with the protocol apart from sneaking a few saturday treats with my children last weekend. If I could do it Im sure you can! What I do is make sure there is nothing that can tempt me in the house, no sweets waiting for the kids for next weekend etc. Only "approved" things come in the house.

I found a recipe book online but I dont like fish and I find that many dishes dont comply with the protocol as I got it from intermountain (milk, mix of vegetables in one dish etc) If you have some recipes to share I´d happily take them however Im not taking any sweeteners, not even stevia (i dont want my body to be used to sweet stuff) and I need to cook things in bulk, I feel no joy cooking these things and I´ll end up cheating if I dont find them ready!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Pupa I’m down 4.6 now total! I’m glad, but I do realize it’s a lot of water weight. I also agree with planning your return home and the eating. I don’t like to be a bother either and really it’ll just stabilize you to the loss anyway. I think 11 is great, I know if by day 15 I’ve lost 11—I will take it too happily.

Also I’m laughing. My period is due NEXT WEEK which explains the lack of migraine and moodiness. I think with all the surgeries and cancer crap I just read it wrong (yes I keep a calendar because of some bioidenticals I’m on for that stuff).

Yay Shelle! I’m so proud of you for recognizing what things you need to fix and be proactive on, and of course for ordering the shots. I did download Weight Loss Apocalypse last night and so far love it. I read she doesn’t talk about the hCG drops, but I figure I will learn. Like I said if this doesn’t continue to work as far as appetite and what not, I will order shots (when I can afford it because from what I see that’s about $150 to go online and I know my D.O. charges about $400 and with all that is going on and having our income drastically reduced, I can’t see doing it now). I also agree bulk works best. I usually cook that way, but during this time MIL is staying and she keeps buying crap for the freezer and I have no room. I am gently explaining owning the food doesn’t make it easier (she ends up buying new stuff every night for dinner) and that we need to cook out of the freezer. I have like 20 pounds of different meats and fish in there, probably 40 bags of frozen veggies and then all this processed stuff she bought for the kids. The other problem is my kids WON’T eat it. We really don’t eat processed foods at home that often so at first it is a treat, but about 5 days in they are like “not another Stouffer’s!” I wish the food bank here took frozen entrees.

I did try something today that I’m not sure was totally protocol. I did my lean steak, sliced, and heated it with bell peppers and some garlic. It was fabulous. I do want to find out about those Braggs Amino Acids I hear a lot about. Kroger supposedly has them.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies, I am THRILLED to annouce that last night was a HUGE test for me in which I PASSED! Yay! Happy dance!!! Every Wednesday night we have church and so our dinner is around 5:30PM. Church is over at 8:30PM and therefore to eat anthing after church is obviously too late. So I ate my standard meal at 5:30 and after church made a conscience decision to not stick another bite into my mouth. NORMALLY, I would have a whole other meal.... at least a "sub" with a treat etc. (It's a church nite thing).

So I went to bed...oh, first I drank my Braggs ACV, then went to bed. I was HUNGRY! Real hunger that is, stomach growling feeling like it is burning a hole through me, constantly waking up. I knew I would go through this so I locked all tempting foods in pantry and hubby hid the key LOL, then I promised him that I would not leave the bedroom. I know this sounds dramatic but if you read any of my previous journal you would see how bad night eating is for me! Anyhow, I suffered through the night up until about 3am and then didn't awake again until 5:30. But I did it!!! The cravings did not win and as long as I can do this, I will have HUGE success on this round of HCG!!!

I am happy!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Oh no! I wrote a long post and lost it....

I was saying well done Shelle! I have never been able to go hungry, always picking up a snack whenever it happened but this time around its like I have accepted and set my mind to the fact that its now or never. Seeing something happening on the scales too for the first time in years regardless of effort obvioulsy helps you feel encouraged to keep it up. On this mornings weigh in I had lost another 1.1 pounds and soon I have broken my magic 176 pound point which has been a bit of a dream point for me for a long time. Previously I have been able to loose down to that point but then the scale wouldnt budge, Im dead set on going below it tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls!

Serendity... I pray for you have strength and endurance through this. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job!!! As for the fact of how harmful bad foods can be to us I totally agree. I know I have been damaging my body for decades. I have just gotten a book called When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies.... and it promises to teach me how to love my body so much that I care about the damage that I do to it... etc. I need to care to the point that I understand what every bite is doing to my health!!!

Pupa...I understand eating when hungry. SO what are you doing with all of the hunger that you feel on this plan? I know the norm is usually always a dull hunger and never full. Congratulations on the weightloss!!! Moving past that magic number will be so exciting for you.

Well, I thought we could let each other know our goals etc if you like.

I am at 237 right now. My first round of hcg I got to 229. But it was not successful as I had stated. Not to my standards anyhow. I am going to load on mainly fats and protein with a little carbs in there. I am trying to envision myself thinner and it is very hard to see something that I haven't been since 17!!! But my ideal outfit is tight blue jeans with large double buckle belt, black tank tucked in and heels! I am leaning for this... oh with my hair about 6' longer! lol! Thats as far as I can get right now. lol! I plan on doing as many rounds as it takes. But my vacation is Sept 12th so I want to have 2 rounds done by then. I am excited!

Last edited by Shelle135; 05-24-2013 at 05:42 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Serendity.... my doctor might be able to do a phone consult with you. I have to drive 45 mins to get to him. He asks me a few questions and then orders my shots which get mailed to me. I don't see why he couldn't do that for you if he does do phone consults that is. It costs me 129.00 total.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Cant wait for tomorrow´s weigh in to be honest but Im also nervous, what if I didnt break the barrier?

What do I do with the hunger? Nothing....just trying to cope. Usually when I get hungry I get really grumpy and the rest of my family know when its time to feed me Now though, since Im constantly hungry I seem to cope better with the grumpiness and short temper. Its starting to get hot here in the desert and temperwise Im more bothered by the heat than the hunger. This is another reason for me not to continue the hcg longer, at some point Im going to have had it with the hunger and I might screw it all up by chucking it and going back to eating normally again. Rather take it bit by bit!

Im sorry I cant explain better how I cope with the hunger, I have no idea how come I cope now and earlier in my life I would always eat something when I was hungry. It just seems to be a change in my mindset where now I know I have no option, I just HAVE to do it. I cant go back home for summer and still be a big fat blob
Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle135 View Post
Serendity.... my doctor might be able to do a phone consult with you. I have to drive 45 mins to get to him. He asks me a few questions and then orders my shots which get mailed to me. I don't see why he couldn't do that for you if he does do phone consults that is. It costs me 129.00 total.
You know I might have you check if this round I don't notice anything. My appetite IS suppressed and I didn't lose last night, but I don't expect it to be linear AND I think I mentioned earlier I was wrong and period is due next week. I can probably swing $130.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Awe Pupa I'm sure you'll figure it out. I really like Weight Loss Apocalypse for stuff like that, maybe try reading it?

No loss yesterday BUT no hunger at all today or then really. Weird. I did exercise both days too.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Ouch! I didnt break the barrier, I actually gained 0.4 pounds. Seems my cycle is coming on though (Im so irregular I have no idea when its time or not) maybe that has something to do with it? I know you´re not supposed to take the hcg during the period but why? What is the reason?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DanaMC
Stats: 205/195/160
WOE: Rx hCg Injections
Start Date: 06/09/2012
I have not yet started hCg. I am curious about exercising though. Simions says no. Emma says yes. How did you decide and what are you doing, if anything, to correctly alter your calorie intake?
DanaMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

I just read that "meds" was a big factor for you. This is of great concern for me. I am disabled and am on many medications for debilitating chronic pain. (A surgeon put my spine in a blender, so to speak.) I am really curious what types of mediations you were on. Of course, don't disclose them here... but, maybe we can PM once I am an approved member of this site. ?? Thank you.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

I'm sorry. I just wrote you a "reply" asking about your meds. OK, so it looks like you are pretty open about meds. Then I will be too:

Fentanyl Patch 25 mg
Hydrocodone, Norco 10/325 - 2-4x per day
Lyrica - 75 mg 2x per day (big weight gainer!!)
Birth Control Pill (another big weight gainer!!)

And yes, I have been on and off of these. My last surgeon mangled my spine... Big big law suit, I am messed up for life. I do not like being on meds. Wish I could be off. How did you do it?