WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
Lasagna Recipe

Ingredients:

Beef sauce layer-
1 medium bell pepper
1 medium onion
1 lb ground beef
2 c Bella Vita roasted garlic tomato sauce (low carb specialty, got from Netrition)

Cheese layer-
15 oz Ricotta
4 c Shredded low moisture mozzarella
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp of Italian seasoning (I used Herbes de Provence)

Lasagna noodles-
11 Dreamfields noodles (low carb specialty, it was available at my local grocer)

1. Brown the beef along with the veggies. Drain.
2. Return to pan and add sauce. Heat through. Set aside.

3. In large bowl combine the cheeses and spices and mix well. Set aside.

4. Boil the noodles according to the box. Drain.

Building the things.

For the *jumbo muffin tin*:

5. Use about a third of a noodle to line each bottom.
6. Put down a layer of meat.
7. Spoon enough dollops of cheese to cover meat. Flatten with spoon to even out.
8. Cover the tops with pasta. (I then garnished with a bit of sauce and shredded cheeses)

9. Bake covered with foil. Ovens vary...I had to bake for about 40 minutes at 400F. I peeked a few times, and took it out when cheese was bubbly. If you overdo it the noodle edges will get too hard and dry.

10. Let the mini lasagne cool for a bit so they won't fall apart. I used a regular spoon to get them out.

If you're freezing them: have a piece of foil laid out. Spoon lasagna muffin out and set on foil. Wrap it like it's a cupcake and put it inside a freezer bag.Depending on the microwave, you can heat a frozen one in about 3 min (my microwave is small).

*For the rectangular pan* Same layers and baking. Lined bottom with 3 noodles along the length of pan. Covered the top with four noodles, laid along the width and cut to size.

Yielded 14 servings. Keep in mind that the noodles have tons of non-digestible carbs. It works out to be 7.5 net carbs per slice.

Last edited by squirrel watch; 05-01-2013 at 07:51 PM..
squirrel watch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Recipe looks great !!!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
All right. Day 18, y'all.

I officially declare today to be my Bedroom Spring Cleaning day!!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH MY, when you are finished at your house....stop by mine!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Hallo, lads!

Time for measurement update.

Waist: 41 - 38 = 3" loss
Hips: 47 - 46 = 1" loss
Bust: no loss (yet!)

Silly me did not measure anything else at start, but I'll throw my current numbers out there for future reference:

arm: 13.5"
thigh: 28"
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH MY, when you are finished at your house....stop by mine!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE
If I could! lol
Old 05-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Organizing my humble polish collection was my favorite part of today.

Cleaning and decluttering is a workout, let me tell you. Sweating here.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
I know what I am making this weekend and Garfield better not be no where around!
Thanks so much for takeing the time.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

That was so sweet what you said in your journal about me, windygap ^_^ You're very welcome.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I made it to 190.0 Yessss. Almost in the 180s. Last time I was in the 180s was when I started to learn I had some type of rheumatic disease.

An image that sticks out in my mind was when my parents came to visit me early in the diagnosis. We all went to the grocery store...typical trip nothing out of the ordinary, when the pain grew so much my parents found me sitting on the floor crying next to the lettuce.

I told them they should still go to Target and I would sit on a chair out front. Then I surprised them in the isles riding an electric cart. And for some reason my mother just started cracking up about that.

Two years later, the lupus is hiding somewhere thanks to Plaquenil. God bless those pills. Now I just need a solution for the fibro and I'll be good to go.

I swam 10 laps straight on Wednesday, WHAT!!? That's a miracle in my book.

And yesterday I straightened up my room. I did the kitchen 2 weeks ago or so. Little by little, I begin a more normal life.

I still need to do my room's carpet. Found out my dog was raising his leg at the garbage bags I had on the ground. I guess he claimed the trash??
Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #41

Love the finger nail polish holder. Where did you get that??? I think my DD11 would love it!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #42

That's funny about your dog!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Love the finger nail polish holder. Where did you get that??? I think my DD11 would love it!
Marshall's/TJ Max. The one I have is two-sided, I have jewelry on the other side. Awww I'm sure she would like it

Oh-and, yes, my little guy is a riot...I'll post a picture of us on my gallery

Last edited by squirrel watch; 05-03-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Another day! I was super excited to see that I'm now a "Senior LCF Member"...

Being here has helped me so much!! I have been extremely focused on the journey, and I feel like sharing things back and forth keeps my mind in the moment. I don't think about the long road ahead so much. And before I knew what was what...a fifth of the road is under my belt. A 5th is crazy.

Naturally, this is gonna go slower now. But I'm growing more confident that this is now my way of life and I have the patience to stick to it and see more results in the future.

I'm thinking of leaving grooming and getting a desk job because it should be easier for me to keep track of my medical issues that way. Grooming sometimes is a whirlwind. Sometimes no time for lunch, sometimes forget meds, if I'm in pain or fatigue...it's hard. I love it so much, but probably should take a higher paying cushier job.

I applied for a job at a big bank over here. I'm overqualified, but I'm really hoping they will consider me. If they give me a shot at an interview I know I can nail it.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Good For You!!!

LCF really does help keep a person on track! Most posters are so encouraging and want to help each other along the way. Good Luck with the interview! STAY STRONG AND LOW CARB ON !!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

You go girl! You can do anything you set your mind to. My sister has fibro,and a lot of other things and she goes threw the same pain so I do understand what you are going threw. Deferant job sounds better. Your doing great low carbing. Just keep moveing on down the road.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, ladies xoxo
Old 05-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh! I just had the Garfield special and thank goodness he was no where around. It was delish. I had to go to 3 stores to find the noodles but that won't happen the next time because I bought 2 boxes. It was so great. Thank you again for shareing.
You know what is better then the piece I just ate. 13 more pieces waiting in the freezer. HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Oh my gosh! I just had the Garfield special and thank goodness he was no where around. It was delish. I had to go to 3 stores to find the noodles but that won't happen the next time because I bought 2 boxes. It was so great. Thank you again for shareing.
You know what is better then the piece I just ate. 13 more pieces waiting in the freezer. HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome!! I'm so glad you liked it as much as I did. Poor Garfield
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Perspectives on Obesity

Some people notice more general acceptance of obesity; others notice more judgment and discrimination. I think both sides are right. Society is going from not having strong opinions on the matter to being completely polarized.

One camp is fighting for the dignity of the obese and putting a stop to senseless bullying. The very opposite movement is becoming increasingly TRENDY...and this one really worries me.

We all know about the health issues and the awareness that needs to be raised about childhood obesity, for example. But the cruel movement I talk about isn't about helping people. It's about putting them down.

I notice more and more on blog comments throughout the web a real hostility. People saying it is not okay for people to be big. People lamenting having to see the sight of a "gross fat person". Likely suddenly it's very cool to be very vocal about this stuff. Accusing people of "not taking care of themselves" and living unhealthy lifestyles. Like we all did something wrong.
Jokes like "the people at nudist beaches are never the ones you want to see naked," and on and on it goes.

And what really hits home for me, openly saying in these forums "I'm not attracted to overweight people." And they say it so defensively, as though they are victims of having some revolutionary idea.

And I...I feel really sorry for these dimwits. With their narrow views and their quick condemnations. I really don't understand why it is *NECESSARY* for them to assert themselves as a force and a majority. I don't get where their righteousness complex is coming from.

In an ideal world of course we'd all look great and look healthy and attract mates with our smashing bodies. But life isn't a fairy tale. It's full of complications and tragedy. Full of nuances we cannot measure.

And perhaps part of it is that this is something external. A manifestation of things being effed up that they can't ignore. Boom, can't look the other way can you? It is in their faces. Life is not pretty. Deal with it. There's a whole spectrum of things that afflict humanity. And in most cases, it isn't acceptable to play the blame game and point fingers and tear the victims down. Even if they could do something about it.

For example, I know a few women caught in abusive relationship patterns. Yea, they can work through it. But no one would dare rip them a new one for it.

We all need support. It's not about right and wrong, and it's not about shame.

But now, thanks to all these jerks, every time I catch my reflection I feel shame and I blame myself for being single. Because no one should have to settle for a fat girl. I'm trying to get it out of my system, but I can't because of the little nuggets of truth in what they say. Because, maybe, what they're saying is what all the perpetually skinny people think but don't say out loud.

It is so complex. No easy answer. If those are the rules of the game, and I want to succeed at said game, then I probably should play by them. Especially when the benefits will be plentiful. I have no reason to resist. But my feelings are hurt. I am considered gluttonous and lazy, when in reality I've never been either. I think it's really the misconception of my character that hurts. I'm brave! courageous! hard-working! caring! But all they see is fat.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you are feeling down ...this is a cruel world, full of shallow individuals that refuse to see beyond first impressions. They are so quick to criticize that they don't even realize it.

I "had" an apparent friend that told me "I will find something wrong with something before I find something right with it." Is that normal? After a few years of her constantly picking every little thing apart, finding fault in every little aspect of every little thing...I no longer let her into my life. And I am much better off because of it. She misses me, but I don't miss her !

You are responsible for your own happiness - no one else - you are the entree!
Everyone else is just a side dish to complement your lusciousness!

Keep yourself positive and you will reach your goals - weight, career, relationships.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Sorry you are feeling down ...
Thank you, Susan. I agree with happiness being in my hands. No matter what happens, I know I deserve to be happy.

I've come a long way from a really dark place. I used to be severely and chronically depressed. Although part of it was thyroid related towards the end, I was a very sad kid. I was skinny all my life until 5 years ago, so it wasn't obesity related, but I was mercilessly bullied from preschool to 9th grade. No matter what I did, my classmates would pick me apart and humiliate me. So I grew up with no self esteem. The adults thought it was just a typical kids-are-cruel scenario.

I never experienced anger at them, I was always angry at my body and personality. I thought if I was good enough none of it would have happened.
And at 13 I started having suicidal thoughts. Looking back from 29, I feel so much for myself thinking that way at such a tender age.

There was a lot of damage to undo. I'm almost there. My thoughts on myself are healthier and I'm moving forward. I worked through a lot of my relationship with myself in therapy. I think a good sign is that I actually get more pissed at those who try to belittle me, and I take less and less of it on myself.

I still internalize some of it, but then I go on my little rants and feel better haha
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

The next 5

My period is here! I'd never been so desperate to get it. The PMS had just been KILLING me. I can go on with my life after all the tears, acne, and fibro symptoms.

In a few days the water weight should be gone and I can carry on with weigh ins. Tomorrow will be rough, but I will take cramps over PMS and PMDD any day.

Watch out 180s....I'm coming for you. Very. Soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
Thank you, Susan. I agree with happiness being in my hands. No matter what happens, I know I deserve to be happy.

I've come a long way from a really dark place. I used to be severely and chronically depressed. Although part of it was thyroid related towards the end, I was a very sad kid. I was skinny all my life until 5 years ago, so it wasn't obesity related, but I was mercilessly bullied from preschool to 9th grade. No matter what I did, my classmates would pick me apart and humiliate me. So I grew up with no self esteem. The adults thought it was just a typical kids-are-cruel scenario.

I never experienced anger at them, I was always angry at my body and personality. I thought if I was good enough none of it would have happened.
And at 13 I started having suicidal thoughts. Looking back from 29, I feel so much for myself thinking that way at such a tender age.

There was a lot of damage to undo. I'm almost there. My thoughts on myself are healthier and I'm moving forward. I worked through a lot of my relationship with myself in therapy. I think a good sign is that I actually get more pissed at those who try to belittle me, and I take less and less of it on myself.

I still internalize some of it, but then I go on my little rants and feel better haha
Rants are good ! You are strong and will accomplish your goals!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
Marshall's/TJ Max. The one I have is two-sided, I have jewelry on the other side. Awww I'm sure she would like it

Oh-and, yes, my little guy is a riot...I'll post a picture of us on my gallery
Thanks, I will look for one. We have TJ Max here, I will go check it out!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #56

Quote:
But now, thanks to all these jerks, every time I catch my reflection I feel shame and I blame myself for being single. Because no one should have to settle for a fat girl. I'm trying to get it out of my system, but I can't because of the little nuggets of truth in what they say. Because, maybe, what they're saying is what all the perpetually skinny people think but don't say out loud.
Size does NOT define a person. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently. YOU are MORE than a number on the scale. No one has any right to tell you any differently either!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Monica. My self esteem is definitely a work in progress! It is part of my journey to value myself and stop feeling guilty about where I'm at. I'm getting there slowly but surely.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

180s we meet again.

I normally only post whole numbers, but the scale said 189.8 !!

So...I'm unofficially officially in the 180s I won't update my stats until I'm 189.5 or less, though
Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I've started listening to the Jillian Michaels Show. I personally love her to death, and she is a big reason I started my journey. I've only listened to about 3 podcasts, but I'm love. The first part of the show is dedicated to life, emotions, issues. The second part deals with actual nutrition or fitness. Then either they take calls from the public, or they have an invited guest like a physician.

She had a show where the topic was parting with friends. I felt much less alone knowing she was at the time going through a period of losing friends, like me. She also tried all the diplomacy in the world to try to repair these relationships. And then she said it "things happen that are out of your control." I really needed to hear that this stuff happens. And then I choked up when she said: "you may have to go thru a period with no friends, and you will be OKAY. New relationships will come."

She didn't say anything groundbreaking. I just felt like she made that segment for me. It just touched me.

I always assumed that it was me. It's not me. For one reason or another, it is possible for your entire network to collapse almost simultaneously. Other people go through it too. I knew in the back of my mind I am a fantastic and quality human being. I am a great friend to have, and I have my bad moments like everyone does.

But sometimes it takes some external validation for it to sink in. I'm not crazy or deluded, I really am a good person. And this, too, shall pass.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

After reading your post, it made me think of an old song: I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. You're too young to be familiar with it, but look up the lyrics.
If I was savvy enough with this computer, I could do an attachment .