Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leezlelee
WOE: VLC, LCHF - My way
Leezlelee's Journal - Where Every Day is Day 1

On April 25, 2007 I restarted low carbing. Over the course of a few months I lost almost 60 pounds. I maintained that loss for over a year and then got lazy and let the carb creep begin to take over my life again.

Over the past couple of years I've tried to get back on plan but have been finding it so difficult to start over. I don't know why, because really this way of living is so easy to do and makes me feel so good.

I'm ready to start over tomorrow - Monday, April 22. I don't know exactly what type of plan I will be following --- I never was one to follow anything specifically. However, I think it will be along the lines of LCHF, Atkins-72ish. I need to keep it really simple as I don't like cooking elaborate meals and prefer things with 5 ingredients or less.

I recently purchased Dana Carpender's Fat Fast Cookbook. Really like the recipes and suggestions in it. I initially thought I would jump start with a Fat Fast. I was going to prepare a week's worth of feeding menus but after filling in the second day I realized I didn't really enjoy the restriction of planning a week of menus ahead of time, and already started to begin to feel like I was forcing myself to be very specific. If I have to weigh, measure, follow any type of detailed plan, I'm personally more likely to rebel. I do better just going with the flow.

I know what works for me and what I should be eating and staying away from. Now is the time to start putting my plan into action once again, and it all starts with the first bite.

I am going to use my personal journal here to write when I feel like it, ideally at least daily. I may be specific about what I ate and what I did, but some days I may not.

I will not beat myself if I stumble along the way - which I know will happen from time to time. I will pick myself up, dust myself off and get on track with the very next thing I put into my mouth.

I will record "A Beautiful Thing" each day. Something that I am grateful for and appreciate.

I accept that I have regained the weight that I had loss, plus a few more pounds. I know that I have a long journey ahead of me, but I also know that I will succeed. It is up to me and no one else. I accept responsibility for my actions --- in the past and in the future.

I am looking forward to starting my new journey tomorrow.

Last edited by Leezlelee; 04-21-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Leezlelee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
I just wanted to welcome you back to LCing and also to the world of journaling. I can so relate to almost everything you have said, this is YOUR journey and I can tell you will do well on it.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for stopping by Maggie!

Day 1 is here and I'm feeling good.

I will post my complete food intake for the day this evening. For breakfast I've had an eggnog egg cream shake. I've come to work prepared, so I'm expecting to have a great first day.

A Beautiful Thing: Even though it is -14C outside the sky is blue and the sun is shining brightly.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

6:25 am - egg nog egg cream
9:37 am - 2 deviled egg halves
12:40 pm - stir-fried ground beef and coleslaw mix
5:13 pm - roasted brocoli, baked plain chicken breast (1/2)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday:

A Beautiful Thing: The sun's warmth at lunch. I was able to sit on a bench for a few minutes and enjoy it.

6 am - eggnog egg cream
9:44 am - cheese stick
12:30 pm - ground beef and coleslaw mix
2:45 pm - 4 mini pepperoni sticks
5:30 pm - rotesserie chicken and roased broccoli
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday:

Coffee with HWC & Splenda, water

8:22am - cheesestick
10:00am - 4 mini pepperoni sticks
12:00 - lemon chicken Caesar salad
5:00pm - 1 burger patty topped with butter, handful of mushrooms
Snack - Fat Fast chocolate pudding (sour cream, Splenda, almond extract, cocoa powder)

A Beautiful Thing: Going to a job every day that I love.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Looks like you are doing great!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Haven't posted for a few days. Doing okay with a few slips. Today is going very well. I've had bacon and eggs to eat and will be enjoying BBQ'd steak for supper.

Watched a really good video by Dr. Westman of the Duke University. It was about 40 minutes long and was a class he was teaching to people starting a ketogenic diet. It was a good introduction video as well as a refresher. His advice included:
*keep carbs to 20 grams a day or less
*2 fistfuls of green leafy vegetables and 1 fistful of non-starchy vegetables
*watch labels for carb counts. For example, there are low carb yogurts that could fit into your plan
*he had a list of foods to eat and avoid and I'm sure it's the same as Dr. Atkins' books or other low carb plans. (He referenced Dr. Atkins in his closing)

Of course he had lots more to say, but this was just an example. He made it seem easy to follow. He even said there would be no need to journal your food if you stuck to the allowed foods.

I think I will still keep track of my food in my notebook and if I feel like posting here too I will.

I've bookmarked that video (on YouTube) and will watch it often for encouragement and motivation.

A Beautiful Thing: Having the opportunity to as many do-overs as I need.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Need to come back. All time heaviest and feeling terrible.

Think I will try do do meat and eggs. Very low carb.

Hope to get back on track on Monday.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg41
Hi Lianne

Why wait until Monday? If you're like me you can do a lot of damage between now & then!

You CAN do this.... "Decide, Commit, Succeed"

I'm pulling for you!

Meg
Meg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Meg!

I'm out of my hometown this week on business. When I come home I want to get prepared. Want to try to keep it VLC most of the time. I'm not going to deny myself all of the time -- for example I have 2 dinners to attend. I will enjoy but will not go crazy. Carbs and me don't get along and I need to sever the ties, but
I can't jump in with 2 feet. I need to ease into it especially since I've been struggling so much to even think about getting back on track.

DH has a new smoker so I'm going to get him busy cooking up a storm. Want to make devilled eggs and have really simple meal plans.

As I'm typing this I'm getting excited again. Probably need to lose about 70 or 80 pounds. I can do it - one mouthful at a time.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg41
I feel like a stalker. Just wanted to see how you're doing. Hopefully still excited with your plan & goals.

Hope you are loving the new smoker!
Meg41 is offline   Reply With Quote