LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yoga_kitty
Stats: 165/148/125
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: ETL 01/2013; SB 04/08/2013
Yoga_kitty's Quest For Smaller Yoga Pants

I'm usually terrible at journaling, but I'm going to try it again... Maybe it'll be what I need to stay accountable.

Anyway, I lost about 12 lbs since January by trying to follow Dr Furhman's Eat To Live program, but found it a little too extreme for me. Decided to go back to South Beach which worked for me in the past, while keeping the valuable lessons I learned from Fuhrman.

I've been on Phase 1 of SB since April 8 and will be starting Phase 2 on Monday. I lost 5 lbs on Phase 1, not too bad, since I'd already been eating very healthfully. Looking forward to adding back some blueberries to my evening yogurt snack!

Having said all that, I wasn't feeling well today, so used that excuse to eat poorly. Pizza for dinner But will get back in the saddle tomorrow for last day of P1, then on to the tricky part of the program.

As for excercise, I've been doing pretty well with 2 water aerobics classes and 1 yoga clase a week and as much strength training as I can fit into my schedule. I'd love to start doing at least 20 minutes of yoga every morning before work, but it's so hard for me to get going in the am. I will try, tho.

So, there's my plan. Wish me luck!

SW 165
CW 148
GW 125
yoga_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yoga_kitty
Stats: 165/148/125
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: ETL 01/2013; SB 04/08/2013
Back on track today. Did 40 minutes of yoga (YogaZone dvd), feeling really good!. I wasn't hungry this morning... no surprise after yesterday's PO Had a big bowl of homemade veggie bean soup and will make a new batch this evening.

Tomorrow I start phase 2 of South Beach, will add half cup of blueberries to my yogurt and almonds evening snack. Can't wait, I miss my berries!

More later....
yoga_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote