Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Be I Thick or Be I Thin, I Didn't Come to Play, I Came to Win!!!

Journal #3. I don't know what I'm doing but I do know where I'm at. I'm sick of dieting and I know that what I need is to work my body past the point of exhaustion on a regular basis.

This journal will be focused on this next chapter of my journey on LCF. I can't get where I want to go by dieting alone. I'm having lots of trouble with fatigue and just feeling "spent" at times when I'm really not working all that hard. I've recently had a bunch of respiratory and cardiac testing done, as well as lab work.

I'm "normal." But I'm still having these horrible symptoms. So the only thing left to do is change my lazy @$$ self into a hard-driving, active, don't-have-much-time-to-post kind of LCF member.

Let's see how this develops. If you are a praying kind of person, please join with me in prayer. This is going to be like turning myself inside out.

There will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears but it has to be thus.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
good luck Cheryl, hope it goes well for you . Prayers ? Of course !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Big Yapper!

DINGDINGDINGDING!! Laura is the winner! She was the first to follow my carcass over to journal number 3! That's got to count for something, huh! Thanks, honey.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Good luck! Ya know I'd follow you! LOL
Its windy here and we had some rain off and on all afternoon. Its cooooold!!!!
Chlobug's dad is coming tomorrow and I suggested to my dd to see if Chloe will go somewhere with him for a short while. Maybe the mall or something. IF she'll even get in the car to go! We shall see.
It's late and I'm super tired. Ttyt!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Big Yapper!

Hey, girl! That storm front is upon us but so far, nothing dramatic. I don't mind the cooler temps. Just don't want to break out the winter gear again. Hope Chloe has the sense to scream and yell and not go with said "father."

Sleep well, honey. I plan to do the same. The storm can't be that bad cause the dog is snoring. If it was getting rocky, she'd be shaking and pacing. Sad but that's my girl.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/18/13
I love your weight loss journal title! So catchy!
Our german shepherd will shake and pace and get right up under our feet when it storms.
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Journal #3. I don't know what I'm doing but I do know where I'm at. I'm sick of dieting and I know that what I need is to work my body past the point of exhaustion on a regular basis.

This journal will be focused on this next chapter of my journey on LCF. I can't get where I want to go by dieting alone. I'm having lots of trouble with fatigue and just feeling "spent" at times when I'm really not working all that hard. I've recently had a bunch of respiratory and cardiac testing done, as well as lab work.

I'm "normal." But I'm still having these horrible symptoms. So the only thing left to do is change my lazy @$$ self into a hard-driving, active, don't-have-much-time-to-post kind of LCF member.

Let's see how this develops. If you are a praying kind of person, please join with me in prayer. This is going to be like turning myself inside out.

There will be a lot of blood, sweat and tears but it has to be thus.
Have you gotten your thyroid checked yet? And by that, I mean have you had the APPROPRIATE thyroid panels checked (not just TSH like most doctors run, but also the ones listed on the thyroid section of the forum)? I have hypothyroidism and sluggish adrenal gland function, and I go through a lot of the same things as you... the "oh, no... you should be fine!" and the doctors looking at you like you're just crazy or something, and you must just be lazy.

I'm also wondering what (if any) supplements you're taking, and maybe you could have your doctor check your B12 too when you go in to see him/her again? Lots of us are low on B12, or even other vitamins that are essential to having energy... so you may find taking a B-complex if you're not taking one already to be beneficial. And even if you are, if you have an actual deficiency in one of them that likely wouldn't be enough to make up for what's missing anyway... always best to ask a doctor, and check for vitamin absorption issues and things like that when you're in doubt!

Whatever it is, I hope you figure it out and can get some energy back soon... I'm waiting to see a new doctor to get the thyroid meds I want, and then hopefully I'll have some more energy finally myself!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Okay. I'm frustrated. I saw on the Yahoo news ticker thing that Mark Wahlberg had to gain a ton of muscle mass for a movie and then drop a ton for another movie he was making. He shed 80 lbs in 30 days. So how did he do it? I quote:

"A different workout, a different diet. Tons of cardio." Well thanks for nothing, Mark! He DID say how he gained the weight so rapidly, but it wasn't fat he gained. He ate 10-12 times per day, ate a lot of chicken and rice and took lots of naps in between. He worked out hard in the gym in the morning then the rest of the way was eat and sleep, eat and sleep. (Also took lots of supplements and those powders for bulking up.)

Why won't he give that kind of detail about how he shed the weight so fast? It's like this great big conspiracy to keep the public in the dark so the "stars" can do things that we can't do. I HATE THAT!!
Totally forgot to reply to this earlier. I think he likely used steroids to gain and basically stopping helps him re-lose quickly. I suspect drugs are used for both of these "accomplishments" and that's party why he can't share his success!

Quote:
And now that I'm seeing what I need to do to make myself better, there are going to be far fewer hours spent on the keyboard. It's going to be hell in the beginning but I guess there really isn't anything wrong with me except lack of movement and exerting myself. The gym is going to have to be a big part of my week. It is what it is.

I hope I can grow to love it the way I was beginning to last year. Then I will be a healthy and fit camper, no matter what size I am. Thinness doesn't equate fitness. There are lots of chunky people out there that can walk or jog marathons and do triathlons. I don't want to be one of them, but I'll just have to see where I end up.

Goodnight, ladies. It's 10:30 here and I just finished a major cleaning jag in the apartment. Tomorrow I rise at 8 and finish up, then I want to be out of here before they arrive. I might take Cissy for a walk. Sleep well!
I hope you can get back to the place where you enjoyed and looked forward to the workouts!! It'll happen. Even swimming (which you enjoy!) is so good for you!! I like where you're going with this. Focus on fitness and the weight will likely follow. When we're working out and taking care of ourselves, we usually tend to want to fuel that body not poison it. And I too am warming back up to more carbs in my diet. I think I need them at this point in my life. Odd, I know!!

Hang in there and enjoy your Spring plantings!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Shelly (I think that's your name.) Dogs can be such big babies at times and so scary at other times. Just marshmallows on the inside.

Rain, I'm on Levo and Cytomel. I'm on Medicare and since Obama-care has begun to take affect (this is NOT a political post, just telling about how medicare has changed), they will only pay to test FT3 and FT4 if the TSH comes back out of range. Well, it never will come back out of range, because I'm on those meds. We both know that TSH tells us nothing, so if I want the 3's and 4's tested, it will be out of pocket. My pockets are pretty empty.

I paid out of pocket for the Cortisol test (that online place that is known on LCF; I forget the name of it) where you spit into tubes at different times of day. My Cortisol level (Adrenal function; whatever) was normal. Shelbyla went over my results and didn't really have any clear suggestions on what I should take. But truthfully, if anyone should be tanked in the adrenal department, it would have to be me. My life has been a roller coaster ride from way back. Long story.

(I'm Hashimoto's, BTW)

My lab results are in the mail. I asked them to send me a copy. I'll be able to see what was tested and read the results myself then. I take vitamins but not always on a daily basis. When I take them, I take:

Multi vitamin for women over 50. (I'm postmenopausal. Another long story.)
Magnesium Oxide with chelated zinc (2; 800 mg total.)
Potassium Gluconate (595 mg)
Calcium (600 mg) with D (400 iu) {apparently I should have been taking 2 per day.}
Vitamin C 1000 mg
B complex ("high potency b-complex")
... contains b1, b2, b3, b6, folate, b12, biotin, pantothenic acid and calcium.

I guess I ran out the B12 tabs I was taking in addition to the b complex. Hmmmm...

On rare occasions, I take fish oil capsules but they kind of come back to haunt me (iykwim). They aren't supposed to, but they do. I eat tuna pretty often so I don't think I'm lacking in Omega 3's.

Best of luck with your new Thyroid Doc!! I hope you have good insurance.

Julie! I didn't think about the "roid issue". Yeah. That's probably it cause he got really beefy. I don't want to get beefy. In fact, when I was going to the gym regularly last summer, I found it almost disturbing to see my bicep muscles popping out when I was doing curls. I don't want that look. I realize that is only looking that way when you're flexing, but it kind of freaked me out.

I agree that the diet will fall into line with a new more active lifestyle. I have a bike but the seat is one of those uncomfortable ones. I was looking on Amazon and I can get a nice Gel seat for under $50. I might buy it but I need to measure the seat to be sure I order the right size.

I'm only 4 miles from the farm, but it is a lot of up-hill. Going back home would be pretty sweet, though! Distracted drivers are everywhere these days. I don't want to end up like a bug on somebodies windshield. I wish I could ride facing the oncoming traffic but that's against the law.

Yesterday was fun to be outside and gardening. I really should go out and do some weeding like I offered to do for the landlady. The thing that worries me is I might pull something that looks like a weed and it ends up being a flower. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again. Might not do what I said I would, just to be on the safe side.

Will be fun to see what that mystery bulb was that came out of the bag of mulch. The broken flower plant (that snapped off the bulbs that I brought over from the old abode the other day) is coming back strong! I put it in a vase and it came back like gang busters! Makes me want to run back over to the old house and pick up the other broken ones I left lying on the ground. I don't know what they are but suspect I will find out. They kind of look like tulips.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your ideas and I will look into the BHRT and the stuff at Netrition, and buy more B-12 tabs. Here's to feeling strong, like that broken flower plant I put in the vase!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl,
Funny they limit the sizes of journals. But I'm glad you have a positive title to this thread.
Getting active is certainly a good direction to go, will make you stronger and inspire you to reach for more ways to improve your health & strength It sure did for me.
That's how I started my wt. loss journey this time, with the step-counter that challenged me to reach so much activity a day... kept getting better & better & I couldn't let it defeat me... then I wanted to eat healthier too, so made gradual tweaks, so that eventually I got rid of the health-robbing food-habits.
God bless you with this round...
Have an awesome day!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby! And thanks for confirming that my new plan is the right way to go. It made the difference for you and I'm sure it will do the same for me. I think I've been going about all of this @$$-backward.

I started this post about 2 hours ago and got distracted. I'm back now, so I guess I'll post it and move on. Hope everyone's having a nice weekend.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been so impressed with the huge life-changing decisions you've made this year. God is truly leading you to a better season & fulfilling life. Keep on trucking girl!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I've been so impressed with the huge life-changing decisions you've made this year. God is truly leading you to a better season & fulfilling life. Keep on trucking girl!
Yes! Well put!! I too am really happy for you and where you "are" right now. May God continue to guide and provide for you!! Hope this is a nice new start and heading in the right direction!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Big Yapper!

I'm sort of laughing (and crying) to myself when I read what the two of you wrote. I talk a good game but I'm not big on carrying through. I try to psych myself up and it often "doesn't take." For instance,

I have been laying around all weekend, eating all the wrong things in large quantities. I haven't had anything to drink in two days so that's something I can claim. But the thought comes to mind and I look at the clock, think what day it is and tell myself I have until "x" time to change my mind and go get some. Today they close at 5 so I won't be drinking tonight either.

I'm wondering if my stamina issues are related to times when I have been drinking. Even when I'm doing what I consider to be moderate, controlled drinking, it might affect how I'm able to work the following day. If that's the issue, at least it's an easy fix. I work tomorrow so I'll see if it happens to me again. Then I can cross something else off the list of "what could be wrong with Cheryl?"

I know the two of you are having a great Sunday so that makes me happy. I'm going out to the kitchen to eat some left-over pastrami grinder, then will follow it up with a left-over Stromboli roll. Then the left-overs from the Italian place that delivered all that yesterday will be gone. I hope to go to the store and buy some rational, healthy foods to start the week out with.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm sort of laughing (and crying) to myself when I read what the two of you wrote. I talk a good game but I'm not big on carrying through. I try to psych myself up and it often "doesn't take." For instance,

I have been laying around all weekend, eating all the wrong things in large quantities. I haven't had anything to drink in two days so that's something I can claim. But the thought comes to mind and I look at the clock, think what day it is and tell myself I have until "x" time to change my mind and go get some. Today they close at 5 so I won't be drinking tonight either.

I'm wondering if my stamina issues are related to times when I have been drinking. Even when I'm doing what I consider to be moderate, controlled drinking, it might affect how I'm able to work the following day. If that's the issue, at least it's an easy fix. I work tomorrow so I'll see if it happens to me again. Then I can cross something else off the list of "what could be wrong with Cheryl?"

I know the two of you are having a great Sunday so that makes me happy. I'm going out to the kitchen to eat some left-over pastrami grinder, then will follow it up with a left-over Stromboli roll. Then the left-overs from the Italian place that delivered all that yesterday will be gone. I hope to go to the store and buy some rational, healthy foods to start the week out with.
Well, you know loading is part of it . We're having a rare quiet weekend. The girls are off playing w/ the neighbor kids, we're online wasting time. You are able to make a fresh start tomorrow. See how the no drinking before makes you feel at the farm tomorrow. Set up a schedule and give yourself a gym or outdoor activity each day. Maybe plan a menu for the week? When I have a plan (even if I don't completely stick to it) I at least have some direction and get the car moving. Much easier to steer a moving car. Kwim? You can readjust and change course once you're moving. I've tried and failed too many times to count, so I totally understand your feelings. But, like one of my favorite sayings, "dead men don't wrestle". When you give up completely, stop posting, throw all your work away, then I'll worry. Stumbling, changing direction, taking a break, refeeding, all ok.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Well, you know loading is part of it . We're having a rare quiet weekend. The girls are off playing w/ the neighbor kids, we're online wasting time. You are able to make a fresh start tomorrow. See how the no drinking before makes you feel at the farm tomorrow. Set up a schedule and give yourself a gym or outdoor activity each day. Maybe plan a menu for the week? When I have a plan (even if I don't completely stick to it) I at least have some direction and get the car moving. Much easier to steer a moving car. Kwim? You can readjust and change course once you're moving. I've tried and failed too many times to count, so I totally understand your feelings. But, like one of my favorite sayings, "dead men don't wrestle". When you give up completely, stop posting, throw all your work away, then I'll worry. Stumbling, changing direction, taking a break, refeeding, all ok.
That is a truly great post, Julie. I used to always use that analogy about not being able to steer a parked car so it's strange that you used that phrase. I'll bet God was in that. He knew it would spark something in me and that it would hit home.

I will do like you said and make a plan. Do something each day. Start fresh each morning and make adjustments based on the day before.

I appreciate it, Julie. God bless you.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I would imagine drinking messes with your health. It will be a good experiment, to see. You're that lab rat! If the medical field can't tell you, you gotta figure it out... that's what I've had to do with my health issues, trial & error, pinning it down.

Baby steps in the right direction actually do result in big progress! I know though it feels so far, you actually do get there!

We did have a fund day. Hope you sleep well. And have a great day at the farm!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
Big Yapper!

Thanks, sweetie I'm going to "harness" that excitement and believe that my baby steps will take me all the way there. I just have to believe. And I have to not only put strong and insightful things in my siggy, I need to use them as my mantra. Affirmations! I talk about using them but I never do.

And visualization is supposed to go a long way in turning your dreams into reality. I have to envision myself living in my 135 lb, 51 year old body. I have to do that on a regular basis and make it very realistic. Then it will pave the way for it to become reality. I know all these things! I just forget to do them. And once I write them down (like in a post like this), it almost takes the place of doing it.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off to let go of LCF and to spend more time just living. Making "real friends" that I can do things with and interact with in a real way. There's something wonderful about having friends "out there" but it does kind of keep me from... I don't know how to put it, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.

Farm day! Only in the 50's and sunny. I find this type of weather heavenly. No ferocious winds, just pleasantness all around. So I'll BBL and see what stories I have to tell. I hope Lucy the goat is still doing better than she'd been. I think I dreamed last night that she had died and remember being at the farm in the dream and was so hurt and angry that I wasn't told she had passed. I think that was my first ever dream of being at the farm.

I also dreamed that there was an orientation going on, it was my day to work and nobody told me that there was going to be a group or class that day. I remember them saying that there were 17 people in that class. So strange. I hope it doesn't come true cause I really just want to work today with no surprises. I still don't have any volunteers to help me on Mondays. Wish to God that they'd do something about that. I've been trying to recruit someone myself but I get no reply.

Later, peeps! I hope my "no booze before a farm day" does the trick with my fatigue issue. If not, I'll just have to keep crossing things off the list. It sucks being a lab rat.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope your farm day goes well and not what was in your dream!
Can you believe our grass is getting mowed? LOL I didn't think they'd be here til next month.
I had a tiring weekend. Chloe just had to sleep with me Friday night and she kept me up all night rolling everywhere! Then she crawled in bed with me Saturday and same thing and then woke up at 5 am wanting some milk! Last night she wasn't all over the bed so I finally got to sleep. She wants to sleep with me more than her mom. LOL
She went to the mall with her dad saturday and she didn't want him to leave. Thats twice she acted that way when he was leaving. Maybe she is over not wanting to go with him.
Hope you have a good day! ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're right about that one too, Cheryl. You do need friends in the flesh... that you can see, touch & hug. Find a good church!! They will also affirm you & put good positive things in your life & mind. Joel Osteen is great for that also... love reading his devotionals every day.

I need to spend more time with "people" too, I tend to be more of a hermit naturally... it is so much easier to meet people online that have the same interests that I do. Hard to find people that want to talk dieting as much as I do, though I do have some friends & my dil that do... Its just plain enjoyable to talk about what you're interested in!

Anyway, there's a balance out there & we should all be stretching to find it..
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Hope your farm day goes well and not what was in your dream!
Can you believe our grass is getting mowed? LOL I didn't think they'd be here til next month.
I had a tiring weekend. Chloe just had to sleep with me Friday night and she kept me up all night rolling everywhere! Then she crawled in bed with me Saturday and same thing and then woke up at 5 am wanting some milk! Last night she wasn't all over the bed so I finally got to sleep. She wants to sleep with me more than her mom. LOL
She went to the mall with her dad saturday and she didn't want him to leave. Thats twice she acted that way when he was leaving. Maybe she is over not wanting to go with him.
Hope you have a good day! ttys!
Our grass is getting long, too! Spring is sprung. Sometimes I'm taken aback when I look outside and see how green the ground is. The leaves are still unopened but when the buds fall off and the leaves emerge, I won't be able to believe all the greenery!

Maybe Chloe's in a growth spurt. How does your DD feel about Chloe preferring to sleep with you? She's probably happy for the restful nights! I guess her child's bed isn't getting much use.

That's great! Glad she's having a good time with her Dad. That's a nice change! He must be doing something right for a change.

I did have a good day, Tammy. Thanks for thinking of me! I hope Chloe lets you get a good nights sleep tonight. That little girl needs to spend more time in her own bed!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
You're right about that one too, Cheryl. You do need friends in the flesh... that you can see, touch & hug. Find a good church!! They will also affirm you & put good positive things in your life & mind. Joel Osteen is great for that also... love reading his devotionals every day.

I need to spend more time with "people" too, I tend to be more of a hermit naturally... it is so much easier to meet people online that have the same interests that I do. Hard to find people that want to talk dieting as much as I do, though I do have some friends & my dil that do... Its just plain enjoyable to talk about what you're interested in!

Anyway, there's a balance out there & we should all be stretching to find it..
The church thing is something I really do need to investigate. I just wish I knew the right one to try. I'm non-denominational and I have no clue what church believes what (meaning the churches near me.) Yes; balance is key.

I had a good day at the farm. It was unusually quiet and devoid of people. Just me, the manager and the program director. I spent a lot of time helping the manager put up fencing (the electrical ribbon type stuff on posts that for-the-most-part were up and ready, but we had to put up a few metal posts to fill in the gaps. We got it done, though!

Then she helped me in turn by passing the hay and helping with graining the horses. It was very cohesive. Maybe she's starting to understand how I need to work in order to be happy. Today was so much better.

She opened up to me more than she has in the past and she's not the happy camper, doing her job. Actually, she has an arrangement there where she gets a free apartment but she doesn't actually get a salary. She puts an incredible amount of work in for what she's getting out of it. I wouldn't do it. That's for dang sure!

And like she said; when program begins, even if she had the morning off, she can't sleep in. People are going in and out and she says that the walls are thin. I'm sure people don't even give it any thought about the lady who lives upstairs. We need to put up a sign to please be considerate and quiet when going in and out of the house, whenever possible. I don't think it would make any difference anyway.

I used to be able to sleep with those spongy ear plugs but I wonder if she could handle those. It might give her a shot at sleeping in. She needs to do something to get more rest. She's working herself into the ground.

The ailing white bunny passed away the night that I held her (last Wednesday after I was done doing the barn stuff.) The girl who does the barn stuff in the morning found her in the cage the following morning. I didn't ask what they did with her but I hope she was placed in a nice spot. Her husband is now all alone and he was totally "into her." I gave him some attention today and he was the most interactive with me than he's ever been. The manager said to be careful though. "He bites."

I did get through to her and said I really do love the black rabbit, "Bugsy." She agreed to give him to me if she decides to part with him. It sounds like it might be fairly soon. I held him and gave him lots of snuggles tonight in her office. He's such a sweet little bunny. I'll just have to find a way to make he and Cisco into friends. He's litter box trained! I wonder if he remembers that.

I didn't groom the horses tonight but I groomed the paddocks! Holy cow, I raked a ton of hay up. It was so needed, though. I was happy to do it. The weather was perfect for me. Short sleeved shirt, gentle breeze, sun and only in the mid 50's. Heaven! No bugs either.

I guess I'm getting involved with the second annual "hogs for horses" event to raise money for the farm. It's this summer and this Wednesday is the first meeting. It is at 6:30 pm and I work Wednesday, but if I plan things well, I can make it at least by 7. I have that really nice helper on Wednesday so it will work out great.

I didn't have those symptoms today so it might be that I can't drink the day/night before I work. One day does not a scientific experiment make, but it is interesting to note. I had a ton of energy. A TON. That's why I kicked @$$ in the paddocks. The horses were all tucked in and I went back out there to rake (and rake and rake and rake.) It feels good to do something that really needs doing.

Well, I'm heading off to bed now. Thanks for being there, ladies. I do appreciate my cyber LC friends. You're all so nice and faithful.

Sleep tight and sweet dreams!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-22-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a great day! I'd say its a pretty good sign that you didn't have symptoms, keep repeating the test

Cheryl, I could probably help you figure out the church thing, if you want. Most churches have web pages now days which will tell what they believe. There is probably a non or inter-denominational church in your area that you'd be comfortable in.

Have a good sleep!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Deb. I might take you up on that. Sleep well!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey hon, so glad you had a good day. Cool weather, lots of energy, quiet day, no issues... Great day! yes, repeat the "experiment" and see if you can maintain that healthy balanced day.

I get what you're saying about friends IRL vs. online. I love my LCFs but I need to keep the balance too. I think you will find that balance too. A few good friends make all the difference, maybe a gym buddy? Ya never know. I know it sounds silly, but pray about it. I've done that and God has really answered it .

Glad you got the moving car analogy. I can get overwhelmed w/ big picture long term goals, but something I can conquer each day really works for me.

Hope you get a good nights sleep.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
So glad to hear you are having great weather and work is going so good !

I need to find a home church too Cheryl, it's hard after not going any one place steadily for a few years. I want one that feels "right" for me ......

That's wonderful that you didn't have an "episode" today !! Woohoo ! Maybe that was the reason......

Sleep well .
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #27
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. I did sleep well; thank you. I hope you did too.

It's only 43 degrees so far today and it's 1 pm! Wild weather. Not sure what's happening so I'll turn on TWC and see what they have to say about it all. I'm glad I haven't put the City Picker boxes out yet. Still haven't bought the dirt and stuff. Will do that after I get paid a week from now.

I'm soooo sore today from all that paddock raking yesterday. And I'm out of Ibuprofen right now. I took buffered aspirin when I got up today and I feel a bit better. Need a good soak in the gym hot tub! That would make it all right again. Just shudder at the thought of walking around in a public place with a bathing suit on.

I'm glad I have today off to recuperate. No beer for me today; continuing the experiment. Really need to dust this house and move the hydrangea plant to its permanent place. Think I'll throw on my clothes and go do that so I can check it off my list.

BBL. Have a super day.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-23-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Hope your day went well. Sounds like you needed a good rest yesterday. Do you have a membership to the gym? I'm thinking it should be allowable for shorts & t-shirt in the hot tub, shouldn't it? There's lots of women who don't want to be seen in a bathing suit.

Guess you actually had to work at the farm again today though. Hope it was a good one!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
Big Yapper!

Thanks for thinking of me, sweetie. I was at the farm. Had a great day. Wrote all about it on the horse lover's thread and posted a bunch of pictures. I'll post the link to the thread so anyone who wants to see them and read about my day can go over there. Too late to add it anywhere else tonight.

I am a member at a gym called Healthtrax and it's pretty nice. Close to home and I feel comfortable there, as opposed to other gyms where you feel there isn't a private corner in the entire place. I will wear my one-piece and just wrap a beach towel around me until I get to the hot tub or pool, then let it drop and dive in (not really but ykwim.)

I definitely am going to go very soon. This is my last week of only working two days a week. Starting next Monday, it will be four days in a row every week. Great for the money but I really need to be at the top of my game. Swimming and doing other pleasurable things at the gym will be just the ticket.

Goodnight, honey. I'll be back on the computer tomorrow afternoon. I have an appointment at 1pm and then I'm "free!"

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS! Why does the thread title show up normally sometimes when you copy and paste a link and other times, it looks like ^^^^^^?

Last edited by CherylB; 04-24-2013 at 08:39 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome pics! I LOVE the donkeys!! They're so cute!
That's great that your gym is so close & you already have membership. It will be really good for you to soak out your aches & pains.

Hey, that's cool that you're looking forward to doing the part with the little girl. I bet she loved you too.

Have a good sleep & day tomorrow.