Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #241
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
$70 for balloons? Holy Guacamole, girlfriend. You need more grandchildren so you can spread that wealth around! Chloe is going to grow up thinking the world revolves around her. I heard recently (there was a study done) that little kids often get more enjoyment from playing with the boxes that their gifts come in than actually playing with the toys! Just like cats, kids think that boxes can be fun.

I remember when one of my nephews and nieces were little. I have pics of them climbing in and out of a suitcase and closing the lid on themselves. Now THAT'S fun.

I really think they need to just get married and make it official. (DD and BF) Seems like a match made in heaven to me. What a great guy he is! Grab onto ones like those and hold on for dear life.

Work today, and rain is on the way. T-storms supposedly, too. Should be interesting. Manager is at work, so at least that is taken out of the equation. I love her but MAN, she can complicate things.

Have a great day, y'all. BBL.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hope that rain zaps the humidity for a while. I can cope with hot, but humid just sucks my will to live. Luckily, it's almost never humid here on the edge of the desert. Hard on the skin, but so much easier on my sinuses!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #243
Big Yapper!

I know it, Jessica. I detest humidity like little else. Humidity is right up there on a par with mosquitoes. Well, here's the story of my day. (Just wrote it on the horse lover's thread and copy/pasting it here.):

SOGGY! I marinated for four full hours in saturated clothing. I tried two different hats but it was too little too late. I'm glad I found out that the straw cowboy-type hats aren't "water proof." (Cause I was thinking of buying one.) The baseball cap worked better, but became saturated in the onslaught. I'm going to have to go all-in and buy one of those dorky safari-looking hats with the plastic on them. I do not care. Not anymore, I don't!

I wore the wrong shoes, too. I don't know what I was thinking. I should have worn the plastic one-piece boots that I own. I never know what I'm walking into (no pun intended) so I guess I was going for comfort and assuming I was going to be doing more in program. There were only 5 and 6 o'clock classes and thank God, they cancelled the 6 o'clock ones.

The 5 o'clock ended half way through and they came back to the barn to groom their horses. If I were one of them, I'd be asking for my money back. Poor kids.

Oh, Lord! Please help them to raise the funds needed to create the place of our dreams. Even if it isn't a dream place, a place that is covered and dry! CT weather is just too (stuck, trying to think of an appropriate word)... unpredictable. I guess that's the best word.

Then I got my soggy @$$ back in the car and driving home, I hit a detour! It was right up the street from my house; literally three houses up the street from where I live. Considering how it's been raining, I naturally assumed it was flooding. So I did a u-ey and came about. I drove up around the fish and game and back down to the main street. Then I hit yet another detour!

I got out of the car and the guy was saying, "Stay in your vehicle." I told him where I lived and told him there was only one way to get there. He let me through. Then I see tape across the road! They weren't going to take the damn tape down to let me through, so I pulled into the little strip mall and parked. The power was out to the entire block.

I went to go into the grocery store, to buy some time. The doors weren't opening. Electric. So then I'm standing there, scratching my head not knowing what the heck to do. After griping to the only guy who was available to gripe to, I walked in the rain across the parking lot to the workman who was in the street. That's when I saw the telephone pole.

The damn thing was broken in two, 2/3 of the way up the pole! There were shards of wood laying in the street and one of the utility trucks was literally holding the upper part of the pole (with all the wires attached) up in the air. The lower part of the pole was still standing up, somehow. They didn't know how it happened. They said maybe a truck drove by and caught one of the wires, but to me, it looked like a tornado struck. Weird.

So he said I should go back around to the first detour sign and move the fencing aside so I could drive through. I hit the liquor store down the street first (I needed some beer!), then back I went to the intersection up the street from my house. This time, there was a guy there. Now I had to explain to another guy (the third one) that I lived 3 houses down. He let me through and said, "Welcome home!"

Got inside and was happy to see I still had power. Everything was flashing but who cares about resetting clocks? Not me! Considering how much worse it could have been. It took me 45 minutes to get home; a 4 mile drive. And I was so saturated, y'all.

I pealed off my shoes and clothes and did a fast load before the power went down (you never know.)

Tomorrow? More of the same. And I guess it's entirely up to the Instructor of the Day if they think it's bad enough to "call it." Somebody needs to be in charge! It shouldn't be so subjective. Don't you think?

There is a super-stench coming from underneath Daphne and/or Red's stalls in the barn. The manager says it's urine under the mats and I want to fix it. I want to fix everything that is wrong. Imagine my frustration in life. So I talked to the program director and the equine manager about it and said I would be happy to come some sunny and dry morning to strip the stall (s), lug the mats out into the sunshine and hose them off, and clean up whatever nightmare is lurking underneath.

The manager said the mats were really hard to move and it would take a few of us to do it. But I just won't rest until I can at least see what's going on under there. Even if we can only tilt the dang things up and prop them up with something so we can get to the "soup" below, we have to do whatever we can.

I told her that if it stinks that bad NOW, think of how it will smell when it's routinely in the 90's or worse? I can't go there. It's not acceptable. I don't care how hard it will be; it's getting done asap.

So tomorrow, I wear plastic boots and prepare for more wetness. Live and learn and live to learn another day. I hope you are all safe, dry and well tonight. I'm signing off and going night-night.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl, Hugs!
Hope your work day goes better today.
We're heading North today.
Fun to visit, but wrong time for this girl to be here... too hot!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Holy cow Cheryl ! What a day you had! 45 mins to go 4 miles! Glad ya had electric though. Hope today is better. We had alot of rain also. We jus had a small shower. But tomorrow afternoon we're suppose to get storms and wind and hail too. UGH!
Chloe loves boxes too. Pots and pans also! we were just building her new puzzles together. Patience is a virtue I have little of anymore! LOL She got a 3 ft puzzle of Tinker Bell I have to build later! hahahaha
Oh! Shes slowly coming around to the potty training more. It's a slow process! LOL
I do buy alot of things for her, but thas what I'm for! I cannot wait to have more grandkids, but when my kids are "ready". Chloe will always be like my daughter though. Ykwim? She's ith me so much and last night she pushed my dd away when she came in my bedroom to hang out with me and chloe. It hurt my dd's feelings. But Chloe slept with her last night, all night, so she was happy.
Waiting for a repairman to come to fix my bathroom sink. Pipe issues. $$$ ! Oh well...
Have to go. ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #246
Big Yapper!

Debby, hope you can find some cooler air soon! Can't blame you, girl.

Tammy, I'll bet that really hurt dd when Chloe gave her the cold shoulder. I'm glad she slept with her all night, though. How much time does she actually spend with Chloe on a typical day? Does she work? Seems like you almost always have Chloe so I can see why it feels like she's more like your daughter. Glad the potty training is going along well!

I hope the bathroom sink is an easy and inexpensive fix, Tammy. I hate when you need to call in a professional. If you have someone you know you can trust, that's one thing. But it always feels like you're vulnerable and about to get reamed. I hope not.

Back to work I go. I'm in a weird sleeping (or not sleeping) phase. I was up past 4 am today and had to take another Restoril and Benadryl, then I slept until 1. Now it's almost 2:30 and that's about the time I get ready to go. I'll be wearing my plastic boots this time.

Have a lovely day.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you didn't lose your power! I really, really HATE having to reset all those things with LED time displays, though. We have lots of brown-outs here in the summer when everyone has the air conditioning going during a heat wave.

I love how passionate you are about seeing that the animals get good care. I'd hate to be one of those horses in a stinky stall.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #248
Big Yapper!

Can't talk now but I'll be back tomorrow eve to tell about my day. Taking Cissy to the Vet at around 11 am tomorrow so I have to try and get to sleep at a somewhat normal hour. Today made yesterday seem dry. There were literal rivers running over the farm today and they held lessons in the house and the barn. I couldn't believe how horrible today was.

But that's a story for another time. Sleep tight, everyone.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, my dd works and has weird hours. She does hair. So it depends on the hours she works how much time Chloe sees her. Like Mondays, she works 12-8. So Chloe sees her a couple hours in the morning then normally my dd goes to the gym after work. So by the time she gets home, around 9:30 pm Chloe is about ready for bed. Tuesdays my dd works 8 am - 4 pm. She goes to the gym after work and then sees Chloe from 6 til 10 or 11 pm. Wed she works 3-8 pm. So she spends all morning with her. Thurs is her day off and she usually is with her all day. They go see her my dd's bf in the afternoon sometimes. Fridays she works 10-5 and she sees her maybe an hr before work. Depends on when Chloe wakes up. Then she sees her when she gets done at work and I usually watch her in the evenings. Saturdays she either works 8-3 or 11-6 and I have Chloe in the evening. Sometimes she takes Chloe to her bf's house when they don't go out and they stay the night. So....I do have her alot.
Today my dd worked, came home at 4:30, chaged her clothes and left. Her friend took her to a concert (New Kids On the Block/Boys II Men/98 Degrees) for her Birthday. It was her very first concert too! LOL Chloe was napping, so she didn't see her at all today. She was missing her bc she kept looking for her car out of the window.
Hope your day wasn't too bad today.
Good night!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Can't talk now but I'll be back tomorrow eve to tell about my day. Taking Cissy to the Vet at around 11 am tomorrow so I have to try and get to sleep at a somewhat normal hour. Today made yesterday seem dry. There were literal rivers running over the farm today and they held lessons in the house and the barn. I couldn't believe how horrible today was.

But that's a story for another time. Sleep tight, everyone.
Sorry you had a hard day. I hope Cissy is OK???!!! What's up?
My SIL has a new rescue dog... they've had her for 4 months. She's got separation issues... tries to herd you back together if you leave the room. We got her to stop doing that to us, finally, but then when we were getting ready to leave, she actually bit my thigh! She also barks & growls a lot to anyone who she sees. Sure hope they can get her socialized, she's really sweet, but at 2.5 yrs old, its kind of worrisome. I hope they don't have to take her back. They're going to try a "pet zoom" next... she already had obedience training & the vet suggested they hire a dog whisperer...
Have a good rest.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #251
Big Yapper!

Wow, Tammy. Well, it sounds like when she's able, she does spend quality time with Chloe. She's very blessed to have you to take care of her all the rest of the time. She'd be in the poor house if she was paying a daycare center.

I've seen this same problem with separation anxiety to the point of biting on an episode of The Dog Whisperer on Nat Geo. I believe Caesar said the owner had to claim the space all around the door and that immediately kept the dog a good distance from the entry/exit and it worked really quickly. And he does that "bite" thing with his fingers as a correction to snap a dog out of the unhealthy state of mind it's in. He's an excellent resource.

Cisco was taken to the Vet today because her left eye has had tears draining from it for a week or so. Last time that happened, I waited a long time thinking it wasn't anything serious and when I took her in, it turned out she had an ulceration on her cornea. Well, same thing this time and I think it is the same eye.

The Vet said some dogs can just be predisposed genetically to get them and it's not necessarily caused by trauma. So she's back on Atropine gel and an antibiotic ointment and we go back in two weeks to re-stain her eye and check the ulcer.

I asked them to do a blood test for heart worm cause you can't get Heart Guard unless they are cleared by a Vet. She was okay in that regard, so thank the Lord. HOWEVER, I told them to go ahead and check her for three other conditions and she's positive for Lyme Disease. She said that often a dog can completely recover from it after antibiotic treatment so she is now on Amoxicillin for 3 weeks.

I guess that means I'll be going back to the Vet a third time to draw more blood. I can't stand all these repeat visits. I know it's necessary but OMG, this dog has cost me a fortune in the 10 years I've owned her.

The good news is this new Vet is much less expensive than the one I've been taking her to for the past 7 years. I am slow on the uptake and wish I'd figured this out long ago, but better late than never. The visit today which included the three meds, eye staining, exam, and blood test came to $189. I was bracing myself for the worst and was thinking it would be closer to $300, which is what the other place would have typically charged me for that much care. I'm so PO'd at them.

After that, I hit the Library to see if I could find a dvd for Pilates using the reformer and they didn't have one so I'll need to rely on Youtube. After that, I hit the town hall to get the permit to dispose of the old mattress at the dump on Friday. THEN I came home and just as I was getting out of the car, the landlady pulled in and said she was going to mow the lawn cause we are getting another deluge tomorrow (3" of rain expected.) So I then had to do poop patrol and it was nasty, having been soggy out there.

Anyway, now I'm heating up a sandwich in the oven, which I will eat. Then throw on my clothes and head back to the farm for my last day of the week. It's supposed to be dry but I've seen clouds that make me wonder. We may get a stray shower or two. Nothing as bad as the last two days, though.

So, no time for farm stories right now. BBL. Wish me luck.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-12-2013 at 11:31 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #252
Big Yapper!

I'm so tired, ladies. Today went well. Sunny, very breezy, and best of all, DRY. Tomorrow won't be but I don't care cause I'll be home. I've done my time for this week. Although I just found out today that there is an orientation on Saturday and they want us to help out. They also have gaps all over the place for side-walkers and leaders in program on Saturday morning. Then there are some for tomorrow too, but those are going to be cancelled any-who.

So anyway, Cowboy's stall was flooded yesterday during the deluge. All his bedding was saturated and I didn't know what to do. I texted the manager who was at work (paramedic) and she was too busy to talk. So then I went to talk to the program director about it and she came to look at how bad it was. I said maybe we should put him up in the spare stall with the attached run-in with Frodo, but then I remembered how Cowboy enjoys breaking through those ribbon fences to get to the greenery in the paddock and so that wouldn't work. (Couldn't turn on the e-fence in a storm.)

So the director told me that it would be okay to let him stay in the stall that belongs to him for the night. I was disturbed by the thought of him laying down in soggy bagged bedding but it wasn't up to me. Then today I go in and they are talking about moving him up to the stall I was suggesting he go to! Little by little, they are hearing what I say.

They put out a "scathing email" to the main guy who does the facilities stuff around the farm and if they don't fix the leaking soon, he will be moved up on the hill with his two paddock buddies.

The funniest and most adorable thing was that when I was turning Cowboy in tonight, Frodo was in a lesson so we cut through Frodo's run-in. I lead Cowboy into the empty stall and showed him around, asking him if he'd like to live in there with Frodo and Charmed. I let him look around and peek out the window, scratch an itch on the wood, etc. Then I lead him out of the stall and over to the water bucket. I said, "And this is where you'll get a drink!" He stuck his muzzle in the huge bucket and splashed back and forth like a Dolphin! I have never seen him do anything similar so I believe he was saying, "When can I move?"

I told the manager how he reacted to the tour and she's thinking it might be a good idea to take him up there, even if the leaky stall gets fixed. But she will shuffle Charmed over to the empty stall and give Cowboy the one that Charmed is in. I wouldn't do that, but I think she thinks it will be a better match since Frodo and other horse will share a run-in. They all get turned out into the same paddock together so I don't see why we should play musical horses. I'm just happy that my idea took root.

She laid sand bags and stuff along the back of the hut where the mini's live, trying to make it more viable for tomorrows storm (that is another story in and of itself. RIVERS running through there area and washing away their bedding, etc. It was so sad and pathetic), and she put rocks or something around Cowboys stall (outside the barn. I don't know what she meant and I didn't go look.)

I hope I sleep well tonight. I'm sore and need a good rest. So happy that I have no need to leave the house tomorrow. God help them all get through this next storm. Three inches of rain expected.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Girl, I hope all that rain is over soon. I feel sorry for those horses!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had a good down pour today and last nights storm was awful and noisey! Woke up poor chloe at 4 am. She kept saying she was scared every time it would thunder. And she could see the lightening out of my window. At 4:30 I took her to her mother! She's young so she can deal with less sleep than I. LOL
I'm back to losing weight once again. Down 4.3 lbs in a week. Not too shabby.
Enjoy your day off. Just relax for a day! You deserve it lady.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #255
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, Tammy. I need to follow in your footsteps. I am so fat right now. I am absolutely miserable. I blame my mattress for my inability to get comfortable and restorative sleep but it's my body! I'm so close to where I began in October '09 that if I think about it right now, I'll never get to sleep.

It's nearly 1 am so I'm just going to keep this short. Just wanted to say Go Tammy, Go! Night-night. May we get a break from this crazy weather soon.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #256
Big Yapper!

Okay. So, I've been doing some thinking. I've been so focused on the farm and the needs of the farm and that sort of thing for so long that I've completely lost focus on my body, my personal goals and my health. And being unable to multi-task, I find myself back at my current weight: 214 lbs.

In October of 2009, I joined LCF and was doing Atkins. I started this journey at 235. I got all the way down to 159 in September of 2011 (LESS THAN 20 LBS from my goal weight) and then something happened. I don't even know what it was. I stopped being vigilant; that's all I know. Beyond that, it's a mystery. Slowly I started to regain.

There were times when I'd try to go back to Atkins or homeopathic HCG but I couldn't get off the ground. I got to the point where I felt like I used up all my tries and that if I tried yet again and failed, it would really be my last attempt and I'd just give up entirely and live life in my fat, cumbersome body.

I'm there. But I can't stay there. I can't succumb to those thoughts that it's beyond hope and that my tries are all used up. Those defeatist notions are a trap straight from the pits of hell. And if I believe them, hell is where I'll be for the rest of my days on earth.

I'm almost 51 years old. If I don't get the weight off and keep it off this time, my physical life (for the rest of my life) will be full of pain, regret, misery, uncomfortable clothes, limited life choices (what I can and can't do in the body of my size), and the torment that comes from knowing it could have been so much different. I won't even stay the weight I am now; I will go up and be even worse off as I age and my metabolism continues to tank.

I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I have to make small changes daily to start heading in the right direction, and then every day thereafter. I can't make any great declarations like "I'll never eat pizza again" or "I'll never drink booze again" because those things are just pitfalls. I live in a world full of temptations and I am flesh as well as spirit. Even Jesus said (who knows first-hand), "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." It is what it is.

I'm simply not willing to dwindle away the rest of my time here on earth. I can't do it! I've lost my entire decade in my 40's, with the small exception of times that I had my weight problem on the run. Even before October of 2011, I had a short time of success and was able to get down around 177 then began regaining.

I don't know how long I have to live. Nobody knows that. But I do know that I can't go on living like this. I once had a very clear vision of weight loss and what it meant to me to be heading in the direction of where my body felt its best. I sketched a crude street sign with a little grass growing at the base of the pole. On the top, there were two markers, showing two distinct directions I could choose. One said "Misery" and the other said "Happiness." I've been choosing misery again and it has to stop.

I've changed my Avi and Signature to reflect my new focus. The farm will always be a top priority in my world but it can't be THE top priority. It has to fall into second or even third place. I haven't been making time for family and that is going to cause me deep regret if I don't change that, too.

I just spent the past few hours surfing the web, looking for images that speak to me and will inspire me. I will circulate through those and change my Avi and Siggy sometimes to mix things up and keep me going forward. Maybe some of my images will inspire you, too.

I'm working out a schedule and I'm going to find at least two days a week to go to the gym. Religiously. Just the way I go to work at the farm, there is no "if" about it. I just go when it's my day. And I will also schedule in at least two days a week to do the Pilates equipment at home. I bought them, they're taking up space in my home and I'm going to use them for more than just dust collecting. Been there, done that; way too many times.

I am going to go visit or meet up with my Mother or one of my sisters once a week. Whether it be to go see a movie, go out to dinner or just sit around and share a cup of coffee in their home or in mine. I will try and remember that I have a fire pit in the back yard and a landlady who does all the lawn upkeep, and a huge stack of fire wood that is in need of burning. It's high-time I had me a nice blaze back there and some family and friends to join me in that simple pleasure.

I do much better with eating and such when I keep a food journal and weigh daily, so I'm going back to that. I will log in everything, as I used to do. It was second nature to me when I did it and I'm sure it will be just like that this time, too. I saw a very cool image on the web (will attach the photo) of a way to track pounds lost. I am going to do that, too. I think you'll think it's cool too so here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pounds lost idea.jpg (33.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 06-14-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #257
Big Yapper!

So, that's it! I'm going in.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #258
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hi Cheryl!

Your new plan sounds GREAT. I am a bit biased because it is the method I use, and it has been very successful for me. I've been in the same weight range now for over a year(stats to the left, update daily). I log my calories, weigh daily, and walk daily(4-7 miles). The exercise has become routine just like brushing my teeth! I find logging my calories helpful because there is nothing off limits. However, when I run out of my calories for the day, that is IT. I pay attention to calories, protein, carbs, sugar and sodium. I wear a pedometer and it is a great source of motivation. You are getting a great work out on the farm. I like your idea of finding 2 days a week for the gym. Schedule it and work around it. I am so excited for you!! I am cheering you on.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #259
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Marie. Wonderful to see you, as always. You are a real hero in my book. I remember how great you looked in the picture that was taken (was it of you and Terri? I forget). I am going to take some time right now with pen and pad and work out my schedule.

I already went and counted out 100 beads (well, colored glass things that go into the bottom of decorative vases) and put 21 of them in the "lost" glass. That is where I am today. Looking forward to putting the rest of them in the lost glass. But what I really need are two very tall, skinny glasses so the effect will be more dramatic.

I used to look at the farm as being great exercise but I think my body has grown so used to the movements and stresses placed upon it there, that it isn't doing me much good. I've plateaued. (What a crazy spelling of a word that is!) So, time to step it up and do "real exercise."

Off to plan and dream and envision. I know that's important, too. Thanks for coming out to give me a shout and a cheer.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #260
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
About the exercise...it is STILL something I have to force myself to do daily, lol. I don't just jump out of my bed and say "oh goody, goody", lol. With that said, this is my life now, and it is non-negotiable and very necessary to maintain my weight. Of course, it is good for my heath, but, I admit it is my vanity that drives me, lol. Also, I have noticed that I feel much better mentally, and physically with the exercise. I hate to admit it, but, it's true. I share all this with you to encourage you to DO IT even though you may not feel like it. Remember, it is a means to an end....for better health. Believe me, the older we get, it is much harder. That is another big incentive, lol. I think Terri did post a picture of the two of us. It was such a pleasure to meet her and spend time with her. She is a very special lady. If I lived locally, I have no doubt we would be good friends.

I LOVE the idea of the jars/beads. It is a wonderful visual.

Oh, another thing, I rarely eat out hardly ever. It is hard on the diet(high in calorie), and not good for the budget either. Another tip, we always have boiled eggs on hand for a quick snack. It's especially helpful if we need something to eat as a "filler" before getting a meal fixed.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #261
Big Yapper!

Well, that sucks to hear. I was hoping you'd say you couldn't wait to strap on that pedometer and hit the trail. Do you go hiking or is it always along roads? Maybe hiking would add some interest to the daily romp.

I love the jar with beads idea, too. Anything that helps to motivate and reward is worth doing. I remember how motivating it was to me a few years ago when I had my "home made" ticker in my siggy. I just had the numbers all in a row in descending order and my current weight would be in bold. Do you remember that? I got such a charge out of moving the ticker almost each time I signed in.

I'm so glad that my "weight lost" jar isn't empty. At least I can start with 21 beads in it. And with each clinking sound of each bead I drop into it, I will smile and do a little happy dance. "Winning!"

Time to go make something to eat. Will be back tomorrow afternoon. I agreed to help with an orientation at the farm, from 1-4pm. I hope it's a dry day. Night for now and sweet dreams.

PS: Eating out is going to be something that is a rare treat for me, too. I stopped calling for delivery meals a few weeks ago, so that's a great improvement. But I discovered that at 8pm at the local grocery's deli counter, all the fried chicken and sandwiches, turkey with gravy or sausage and peppers goes half price. I have taken them up on that a few times and it's dangerous to have a large bag of greasy, fried chicken when you love to eat the skin more than the meat.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its nice to see you have a plan to get back on the wagon. I'm trying to get in the habit of eating healthy like I use to and only eating sweets on rare occasions. I like the bead idea too! I might have to steal it! LOL
Well tomorrow Chloe and I are going to yard sales. I have her tonight again. She only got an hr nap today so I know she'll be zonked out soon. We just ate strawberries so we are ready to hit the hay! Good night
Old 06-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #263
Big Yapper!

Goodnight, Tammy. Sweet dreams! I hope you and Chloe sleep all the way through the night. I'm about to retire myself.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
So glad to see you're getting "geared-up" & motivated! yee-haw!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #265
Big Yapper!

Yee haw indeed! You still in the mountains of CA, hiding out from the heat? I've been checking FB daily but didn't see any new posts from you. Glad to stop in some places long enough to really relax. At least I hope that's what you're doing.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
yeah, it was an easier day yesterday. However my internet time is under scrutiny... annoying dh. So, I'm not able to keep everything up to date. Too much to do online, with the adventure sight & friends online...
We're at his friends home. Good listening to stories (talkers)... highway noise all night & freezing cold, on a mattress in living room... price was right though!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #267
Big Yapper!

The stories must be great to hear. Sorry you were cold all night. Did it make you miss AZ? Probably not. I don't blame your hubby for dragging you away from the internet but it's great staying in touch with you. It's almost like you're taking us along.

I'm so tired from helping with the orientation today. I wish I had more say in how it was constructed. We had about 10 people and somehow I had four separate groups and groomed four different horses and ran around giving tours trying to fill time with the group that had horse experience. OMG! Some of these young girls are like 14 or 15 and you can't get them to talk for anything in the world. I kept asking if anyone had any questions or if there was anything I could teach them that they didn't already know and all I got back was silence. All I could do was carry on and do my best. At one point, trying to be funny, I looked at them and said they needed to pipe down! Got a chuckle with that.

I try to be a good teacher but it's not my calling. I told the director after orientation was over that I didn't know how she just "taught, taught, taught, taught." I mean when you have individuals that have Zero experience and Zero idea of how the farm works, and they think they can just swing by on some day when they have a little extra time and not actually be put on the schedule and to be counted on, I just have to shake my head. I explained as best as I could the importance of picking a day or two and getting scheduled but I don't know if it took root.

It literally freaks me out to see how some of these individuals leads a horse. One girl I said, "You will need to do a lot of watching other people lead and do things before you try hands-on." I mean, she was dangerous. Pitfalls everywhere! As far as the eye can see.

Two older ladies were overly concerned about being kicked by the horse while they were in the cross ties being groomed. They kept asking me how you'd know you were about to get kicked, etc. Good Lord. Like I said, I did the best I could and was patient and kind. It exhausts me, though. What I really want to say is, "Why are you here if you have fears that are that strong?"

Drinking me a couple cold light beers and eating a few granola bars. Only had one coffee before heading to the farm so my calories are around 630. Will try to keep them under 1500. Considering how I've been eating, that would be a huge improvement.

I found some good deals on ground beef and strip steak (think that's what it is; it's the kind I love to marinate and cook on the grill) on my way home from work. They had an excellent deal on live Lobsters also but I don't care to cook them. So messy, too. $6/lb! They had a few monsters in the tank! One guy bought one while I was standing there and it weighed in at 5.5 lbs. I wanted to say, "Do you have a big enough pot for that?"

Rest time. Ttyl. Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday. The weather here is divine.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-15-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Atta girl, Cheryl. Back on that wagon. You were SO happy back when you were in the 160s. I want to see you there, and happy like that, again!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't think I could teach ppl. I don't have the patience for that.
It got pretty warm today. I took Chloe and left the house at 10:30 this a.m. We sent Shawn a pkg, went to 6 lousy yard sales, went to lunch, took her to the outlets and she picked out sandals and 3 cute shirts then we came home at 4 p.m. Busy day! She only took a short nap in the car and she's still up! LOL We had so much fun and while we were at the restaurant she kept hugging and kissing me! Then she was singing "I don't care, I love it!" You know the song? Its her favorite, besides Taylor Swift.
I just gave her a bath so she's ready for bed.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had to cut that short bc my dd brought Chloe up to me bc she was crying for me to put her to sleep and she told my dd to leave! LOL
I didnt eat great today, but lunch filled me up for the day. I should be ok on the scale.
How often are you going to weigh in? I have to weigh everyday to stay on top of things. The fluctuations don't bother me.
well, going to sleep. Good night....