Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #211
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I hope your Craigslist excursion is fruitful! What did you send Shawn this time? I hope you're feeling much less sick these days. Did anyone else come down with what you had? I hope not.

The farm was intensely hot and sunny. I did the class and then I got hooked into going to another horse farm nearby who was doing a charitable event for our benefit and so we went for a short while. We ended up dismantling a canopy and tables and packing things up, then unpacking when we got back to our farm. I was so happy to leave and go home after all that.

I had never been to the other facility. I had thought it was a step above ours but although it is larger and has been around a lot longer, it is pretty run-down. I got to see three baby goats (with horns already!), a large pig, some tame chickens, a huge pit/mastiff mix kind of female dog, plenty of horses, and got an overview of their arena and grounds. They have at least two arenas; one for dressage and the other for the other things.

They didn't have a great turn out for the event. It was just too beastly hot. I hate CT sometimes. I know I say that a lot but it's so true. I can't count all the times that the weather has not cooperated and spoiled something that should have been so great. It's more the rule than the exception.

So glad to be back home and cool and comfy. Will enjoy what's left of my time off. Supposed to get a t-storm tonight/tomorrow and then it's supposed to be a cooler period. I hope it's less humid too. We shall see. Time will tell!

Have a wonderful evening. I'm so finished for the day.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #212
Big Yapper!

Ooh Lordy! It's going to be a thunder-boomy kind of day here in CT. I'll be at the farm, and t-storm-fearing doggy will be here at home, quivering like a leaf and drooling non-stop. If she'd take a drink every once in a while to replenish, I wouldn't be so concerned. But she doesn't and I hope she can just find a good place to hide that will make her feel a bit more secure.

I have a medication to give her but it makes her incontinent of urine for a couple of days. Ain't going there again. Tried one of those storm shirts that wraps around the dogs body really snugly and then velcros. Supposed to give them comfort and calm them down. Didn't. So over the years, I have found that the best thing to do is just let her ride it out.

I'm going to do my best to get everything done early today so we can all high-tail it home; hopefully before the show begins. The horses will most likely all be in their stalls due to the heat and bugs, so we'll do what we can to pick over the paddocks (shouldn't be too bad, considering all the time they've been spending inside this week) and then pick the stalls really well, feed, love-up-on, and then close all windows.

I hope we're closing the barn doors cause I think it would be more secure if the storm is really intense. It would be too easy for them to jump over their cloth "mesh" stall gates and out the door. They'd just keep on running in a storm like that. It will make things really hot in there but I don't know what is the best thing to do. The equine manager won't be home from her other job until 11'ish.

The great news is, after this storm front passes through, the heat-wave we've been suffering from is going to be broken. The temps are supposed to go back to the 70's for a while. I'm hoping! I'm so tired of listening to the sound of air conditioners and fans in this house! Can't hear a single other thing. After a while, the drone gets to you.

So, please have a safe and lovely Sunday, my friends. Ttyl.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #213
Big Yapper!

Good evening, friends. I have been waiting for the big bad storm to show and it hasn't arrived in my area. I see the storm cells passing to the west of us and going north, bypassing us. I was looking forward to the show, but not tonight I guess. Cisco finally settled down and decided there was little to be worried about today. Poor baby. She wasn't terrible today, but I could tell she was "at the ready" to down shift into panic-mode if things developed.

The sweat was running off of my nose as I worked at the farm today. It was so bad but I kept telling myself that once the storm came through, it would usher in the cooler air. I'm really glad the storm didn't hit while I was there. I didn't see any rain until on my drive back home, and then it was just like a sun-shower. It stopped soon after I got home.

I bought a mattress tonight. Overstock.com. I did some comparison shopping online at various sites and then decided to see what I could get for the least amount of money. I read a bunch of favorable reviews on this "medium-firm" reversible foam mattress and I decided to leap. If I can get about 4-5 years out of it before needing a replacement, it was worth it. Only $270 and free shipping. Only trouble will be figuring out how to get rid of the mattress I currently own. (I'm going to use the box spring I already have.)

I flipped my worn-out mattress last week and it felt wonderful for a few days but it's back into "canoe status." I can't deal with all the back and body aches. I want to have a mattress that will allow my body to come into proper alignment. With the Pilates and the new mattress, I should be feeling pretty wonderful in a month or two.

My shin splints are like a slow burning feeling. The class yesterday is what lit the fire again. I'm going to bow out of future classes like that and tell them it is because of my shins. I'm sure they won't even miss me. I really served no purpose yesterday at the class. I was more or less one of the students. I can use the practice time and have plenty I still need to learn, but not if it makes me lame for my week of work.

The older lady that volunteers with me on Sundays showed up. The other pair who come Sunday didn't (a mother/daughter team.) But it was nice to be just with this woman. I gave her instruction and she went about doing what I asked, but then I found as I went along that she hadn't done a very good job.

The horses were in their stalls because of the storm that was on the way; also because of the heat and bugs. So I found out that the woman (who has been volunteering for a very long time) didn't really know how to muck a stall. I approached her (well, she was at the front of a stall I was going over, which she had already done) and asked her if she was only picking up the manure. Turns out the young girl who used to do Sundays never taught her how to do the urine spots.

I showed her how and also how to find the perimeter of the hidden urine lake and also how to pull the bedding back away from the doorway where the horses kick it outside and she thanked me for my style of teaching! She said I was very good about how I go about showing how to do something and I didn't talk down to her, etc. I was so happy to hear her say that. It's always great to hear how others actually perceive you, ya know?

So I will tell her that if there is anything she wants to learn how to do better, just ask. She can't come next Sunday and I hope that the mother/daughter duo appear or I'll be all by my lonesome.

Night, ladies. Tired of typing but wanted to check in and say how things were going. Have sweet dreams tonight and may God bless each of you in a special way.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hope you slept well and are pain free this morning! Great deal on that new mattress! That will certainly add value! Hope you're off to a good week and it's a bit cooler! I don't miss the humidity!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #215
Big Yapper!

Was it humid in Hawaii? Seems like it would be in the tropical regions, anyway. I still want to hear more about your trip so I'm going to your journal when I'm done on mine.

It's in the upper 70's today but still humid. Less humid tomorrow and "delightful" (according to accuweather) on Wednesday. I'll take it!

Got the farm again today. I have prayed that there are enough people scheduled to handle the needs of the lessons that will be held today, so I can just go about my business and do my job. We shall see.

Have a lovely day, everyone.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #216
Big Yapper!

I had a busy farm day. Lower temps but still humid outside. I had two young and clueless volunteers (aka "helpers") who only make my day longer and harder. I have to teach them every single little thing. I wish they would do something in Program and not with barn. Then I hear that the one chick is going to come not only each Monday but each Wednesday, too! Joy. So I get the pleasure of dragging her along with me on 50% of my days on. She'd better start knowing how and what to do or I'm going to find a way to get rid of her.

I had to run into town to buy a few things after work and it was almost 8 when I "clocked out." Got gas, bought dog food and diapers (so I can medicate poor poochy next time a storm comes through) and bought a couple beers, then swung over to the local grocery store just in the nick of time before they closed. I was too late to snag up all their fried chicken at a discount. I was too late. But tomorrow is another day! (Tastes like KFC.)

Now I'm cooking dinner (10:30 pm) and will be snarfing that down momentarily. I'm sore and in need of a good night's sleep. Will be great when my new mattress comes. Will have to figure out how to get rid of the one I currently have. Sometimes you just need a few strong guys, ya know? And there is no sexual innuendo in that statement.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Just a drive-by hello to you, Cheryl! Looks like you're doing well!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #218
Big Yapper!

She's baaaaacccckkkk!" I saw you were back on your journal. Hope you have a stellar round.

Farm went very well. Weather was pure Heaven. Sunny, breezy, low-ish humidity and barely 70 degrees. It doesn't get much better than that in summer here. They needed a side-walker but thankfully, my teenage barn helper was willing to pinch-hit. She discovered she likes it and will very likely sign up to be a regular.

My program director said I was looking skinny today. I told her it was the magic of wearing black and spandex. It felt really nice, though. Will shoot for more comments like that one.

Have a wonderful night. New mattress came but I don't know if I should open it and let it expand. Still have to ditch the heavy one that I have. Sometimes I would kill to have access to a pick-up truck.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl...Haven't been here in a few days. I'm in bad shape! My legs and feet are swollen again. I'm in so much pain from this. I'm getting some tests done tomorrow. Getting my MRI done soon on my shoulder. Its hurting like heck!
Poor Chloe is sick again. She has what my dd and I are getting rid of. Poor baby! Her Birthday is Saturday (the Big 2!) and her party is Sunday at Chuck E Cheese. She's excited.
Haven't talked to Shawn in a while but he called my dd a few days ago. I think his gf is home for the summer. The ungrateful girl never came to get her flowers he sent. I don't like her much anymore. She just better send him things since she has access to his money!
Well....gonna go to sleep with Chloe. Have to go see MIL in hospital (had her hip REdone).
ttys

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #220
Big Yapper!

Oh, man. So much pain and misery going on at your place. And your MIL too? I hope her hip re-do is done well and she feels much better after rehab. Poor little miss Chloe. Is it wise to take her to a public place like Chuck E. Cheese if she's sick? I never know when they stop being contagious and when it's okay to be out and about.

That sucks that Shawn's GF never came for her flowers. She's not the wife yet, right? I can't believe she has access to his money. OMG. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Do you have access to his account? I hope so. Then you can kind of see if she's bleeding it dry or using it responsibly.

I'm sorry you are suffering so much my friend. I wish there was something someone could do to relieve your pain. Maybe you need to change Dr's. Sometimes that's the smartest thing you can do when you seem to have come up with no real resolution.

I have the farm today. It's my Friday and I'm happy about that. I put my mattress up on Freecycle but haven't gotten a single nibble. Maybe the ad never got posted. It has to be approved before they will post it and I put at the bottom that I wanted whoever was interested in it to come when they say they will come and to be reliable. I know; asking so much of them!

Going to check and see if the ad is there. If it is and nobody wants it, I'll have to arrange transport to the dump. What a waste. Surely my mattress is better than a lot of the ones that people are using right now!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #221
Big Yapper!

What an awesome day! I don't know how it could have been better. Not that everything went perfectly, but I rose to each challenge and handled it right. Dealing with people is always the hardest part of life for me and my job at the farm is working this "kink" out of my personality! It's a freaking miracle, people.

It almost makes me nervous because when we start to conquer our life-long "demons", we kind of don't need to keep on going. The plug could be pulled soon. I'm not so "self-actualized" as that yet, so I probably have at least another decade.

I must sound like a real idiot at this point of the post. I wish I could just "download" my day so I wouldn't have to write it all down. I wish there was a USB for ME. Wouldn't that be cool!? That's what I will work on next.

I'm actually done with work for the week and it's 9:35pm and I haven't eaten any food yet, so let me relax and eat and start to unwind and then I'll come back tomorrow and talk about my day. I will tell all tomorrow though, for sure.

Sweet dreams and all that stuff. One thing I WILL tell you is that when I came home from work, I got Cisco and put her in the car, then drove up to the pond. She swam and swam and swam. And at one point, she saw a Beaver swimming out farther in the pond and she "locked onto it" with her eyes. I said, "Go get it" and off she went! The Beaver did this a few times and slapped its tail on the surface of the water and Cisco wouldn't come back! She just kept swimming around. She didn't want to come back to the shore without her reward.

We were there until the sun set. It was getting dark and I got her soggy buns back in the car. She's eating a marrow bone on her blankie (yep, that's what we call it. "Bone blankie" is the official name for the thing she eats her bones on, which protects the carpet from slobber and slime.) She's all set for the night and even the Betta fish has new water and a clean bowl but I need to eat something. Maybe once I eat some food, I'll come back and "chart." Tomorrow things won't be as vivid to me as they are tonight. Best to write in the moment.

Later, then.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Just dropping by to see how you are doing. Enjoy the water- glad Cisco managed a swim. Baby is growing and so am I. Take care.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #223
Big Yapper!

So nice to see you again, Lola. And thrilled to hear baby is growing. Thank you Lord for the baby and for answering Lola's prayer and the desires of her heart. I will write you an email soon, honey. Must make note to self.

I don't know what the heck is going on but twice tonight, my posts are getting kicked back for review. I will hopefully slide this one through. I'm not in the mood to write right now but I know if I wait until tomorrow, I won't remember everything.

Basically and in short, I had a really satisfying day. I didn't get a day that I might have designed, but the way it unfolded was so amazing. Looking back on it, I saw the beauty of it.

I had a young girl who is a volunteer twice a week now; both my days. I was not thrilled when she told me on Monday that she was going to come on Wednesdays as well. I feel like I have to watch and direct her every move. She's a blank slate, I guess you could say but she has energy which makes her sort of dangerous. She thinks she can do more than she can, and that worries me. For example, ...

Today, one of the things I gave her to do was to give the mini's their evening grain. Shortly thereafter, she came to me and said, "(blank) said that the horses couldn't get their grain until they ate their hay." I was confused and my eyes began to bug out of my skull. I tried to figure out what she was talking about and what she said to the equine manager that even elicited such a response and I got worried. It took me a while to process this latest development and then I asked for clarification.

I still don't know what happened and I forgot to ask the manager what happened from her perspective, but I told the girl that you can't just assume that if I give you a task like "give this grain to the mini's" that that also means that we're going to go on down the line and grain everyone. That's not a volunteers job and if FREAKS ME OUT that she would maybe assume that and do something like that.

Soon after I spoke with her and said those things, she came up to me and said she wasn't feeling well and needed to go then. I said thank you for all your help and I hope you feel better, see you next week, etc. Then the other volunteer that works on Wednesday gave me some information that I would never have known otherwise.

The other girl has real issues. She's had suicidal tendencies and has even recently gone through a phase where she had multi-colored hair and dark, gothic make-up. This young girl is as tender as they come. I started to worry that I had not expressed myself in a way that was effective and non-harsh and the girl (who I consider a "mini-me") told me that I said what I said in a kind way and that I didn't offend.

So now I realize that maybe the reason the other girl decided to pick up Wednesdays as well is because she's practically a relation to the other girl who comes on Wednesday. A sister and brother are getting married so their families will be intertwined. Then I learn more about the family tree that made me want to almost cry.

I don't remember who is who to whom but there is a woman in the tangled mess that just lost her husband a year ago (I think this man was the volunteer's father) and he drank himself into the grave. The wife (her mom?) was okay until that time and then she began to act bizarre, even throwing herself onto her deceased husband's casket at the funeral.

This poor young girl! I understand being screwed up and young. I hope I didn't run her off because I can really help work with her if she keeps coming. Now that I understand more about her, I can really do some good for her. I want so much to help her, while she helps us and is also affected in a positive way through the animals.

People are so fragile! OMG. When I found out all those things about her today, I just wish I had had more insight and intuition about people. One good thing the other volunteer girl told me was that the other girl really didn't feel good today and didn't go to school. She didn't just make it up to leave the farm when things got uncomfortable. That made me feel so much better.

But aside from that, I spent a good amount of time sitting on a bench with the program director, just watching the lessons in the arena and talking like close friends. It was perfect weather and it was so cool to just be there in that moment. The riders would wave at us as they rode by and it was so cute! I thought maybe they thought we were their parents, who normally would have been sitting on those benches, but it kept happening. I had to assume then that the waves were meant for us.

I opened the gate between the mini's paddock and the goat's day area and the mini's got to rush in there and eat the grass that the goat really hasn't been keeping up with. You should have seen them! It was like that day after Thanksgiving where the doors to the stores fly open and the shoppers rush in with frothy mouths and sale ads and coupons!

They sure seemed like they'd been waiting for that moment to arrive for many moons. (going to post this before I hit a wrong key. starting to get nervous.)
Old 06-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #224
Big Yapper!

Okay. I feel a lot better now and can keep going. So then the mini's got to eat a lot of the goat pen grass and it was so fun to watch them go at it. The manager said that was fine as long as I put them back in their enclosure before I left. When I went to put them back, they hauled @$$ and I closed the gate. It went really well and I told them that tomorrow, we could do it again.

I'm getting a lot of practice tacking the horses for lessons and I feel like I'm really growing. I'm even catching mistakes that others are making, which is the true sign of someone who knows what's going on. When I'm getting caught up in too many "whirlwinds" (like the moment I got there today), I stop and say that I'm getting entangled. Each little separate "dust devil" isn't aware that the others exist, and if you don't stop and say "Woe!!", you just get entrenched in the quagmire.

They respected me for pulling back and regaining control! I can't tell you how good I feel. I was in control. I helped where I could be of help, I stepped back and got out of the way when I started to feel like I was getting caught up in someone else's nightmare, I did my job, managed the volunteers who were there to help me do the barn stuff, I taught and encouraged and counseled and you name it. It was a very full day.

Lastly, I helped the manager to restock the hay room. There was a young girl named Sarah who was also helping us. I never met her before but she was awesome! I guess she does a few mornings for barn chores and then helps out with Program on Wednesday PMs. I hope I see her on a regular basis because she was really good. So nice to have help that actually HELPS!!!

Then I came home and did the pond with Cisco and here it is, 11pm. I'm tired but I'm really glad I wrote all this down tonight. Tomorrow there would be other fish to fry and the stuff that seems so significant to me tonight wouldn't matter so much tomorrow.

I guess what I'm feeling is "one" with the people who make this place operate. I feel like I've learned enough to be truly one with them. And the fascinating thing is that we're only just getting in the groove together. The really great things still lay ahead. I can hardly even imagine what might happen over time.

Thank you, dear Lord! Thank you.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Was it humid in Hawaii? Seems like it would be in the tropical regions, anyway. I still want to hear more about your trip so I'm going to your journal when I'm done on mine.

It's in the upper 70's today but still humid. Less humid tomorrow and "delightful" (according to accuweather) on Wednesday. I'll take it!

Got the farm again today. I have prayed that there are enough people scheduled to handle the needs of the lessons that will be held today, so I can just go about my business and do my job. We shall see.

Have a lovely day, everyone.
It was re humid than AZ, but not as bad as east coast summer. With the breeze it was lovely. miss it!

Quote:
What an awesome day! I don't know how it could have been better. Not that everything went perfectly, but I rose to each challenge and handled it right. Dealing with people is always the hardest part of life for me and my job at the farm is working this "kink" out of my personality! It's a freaking miracle, people.

It almost makes me nervous because when we start to conquer our life-long "demons", we kind of don't need to keep on going. The plug could be pulled soon. I'm not so "self-actualized" as that yet, so I probably have at least another decade.

I must sound like a real idiot at this point of the post. I wish I could just "download" my day so I wouldn't have to write it all down. I wish there was a USB for ME. Wouldn't that be cool!? That's what I will work on next.

I'm actually done with work for the week and it's 9:35pm and I haven't eaten any food yet, so let me relax and eat and start to unwind and then I'll come back tomorrow and talk about my day. I will tell all tomorrow though, for sure.

Sweet dreams and all that stuff. One thing I WILL tell you is that when I came home from work, I got Cisco and put her in the car, then drove up to the pond. She swam and swam and swam. And at one point, she saw a Beaver swimming out farther in the pond and she "locked onto it" with her eyes. I said, "Go get it" and off she went! The Beaver did this a few times and slapped its tail on the surface of the water and Cisco wouldn't come back! She just kept swimming around. She didn't want to come back to the shore without her reward.

We were there until the sun set. It was getting dark and I got her soggy buns back in the car. She's eating a marrow bone on her blankie (yep, that's what we call it. "Bone blankie" is the official name for the thing she eats her bones on, which protects the carpet from slobber and slime.) She's all set for the night and even the Betta fish has new water and a clean bowl but I need to eat something. Maybe once I eat some food, I'll come back and "chart." Tomorrow things won't be as vivid to me as they are tonight. Best to write in the moment.

Later, then.
Not sure i quoted the right post, but I love the insight you have for that young volunteer. I know you we're initially not happy to have her, but it sounds like she may be with you for a good reason. I hope you'll be able to talk and encourage her. sounds like she could use a friend/mentor. What a neat opportunity. God has a great way of working in things like this . I hope the rest of your week goes well. Rest and relax!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #226
Big Yapper!

Yes, God is wonderful. Thanks for wishing me a restful rest of the week. Still cool and breeze so I'm a happy girl. Must get the old mattress gone so I can open the new one. My sleep is so lousy on the current mattress, but I don't want it propped up against a wall until I figure out how to get it gone. Might have to just strip the sheets and stuff from it and put the new foam mattress on top of it. Nah!

It just bothers me that I have to pay $20 and get a permit, and then I still have to take the mattress to the dump myself. If I do all that, somebody ought to come take it off my hands and bring it there for me. Ya know?

Have a great day, everyone. Resting is on the agenda here.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Drive-by hello!

We are having lovely, cool-ish weather this morning, too!

I'm like you--figuring out how to get rid of stuff. I bought a new game table and new dining room chairs, plus an area rug. Now I not only have all that packaging to get rid of, but the old furniture that's being replaced, too. Arrrghhhhhh.....
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #228
Big Yapper!

Congrats on all that new stuff, Jess. I'm sure I talked to you about Freecycle before. You can find others who would love to take the other things off your hands if you aren't trying to sell it. Knowing you, your stuff that is being replaced is still pretty nice, so maybe you'll try and sell it. In that case, I suggest consignment shops.

Super rainy day here in CT. Going to be flooding in many places. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to come back out at some point, then it's looking good for most of next week. We shall see. That's the forecast, anyway. Cissy's not afraid of the rain so thank God for that.

I don't own a raincoat for her so I tried to turn one of mine into something for her. I took the sleeves and tied them around her chest, under her neck. That worked well but the rest of the jacket was dragging the ground to each side of her body. I took a bungee cord and that took care of that! Out the door I sent her but I guess it was too much for her to bear, all this rain and a new garment. She came back in shortly after. Don't think she went potty at all. Will try it again later on.

I think she's injured her left eye again. I don't recall if it was the left one last time but it might have been. That time, the Vet had put some dye in her eye and found she had an abscess on her cornea. It cost a lot of money and three trips back and forth to the Vet to have her eye dilated and dye put in to check the progress of the healing, and I put an ointment and drops in her eye for about a week. Here we go again.

Like the first time, I have not a clue what caused it. I just recently (like maybe last week) threw away the old medication that was being shuffled around in the refrigerator. You know, just in case? That's why I hate to throw stuff away. Wham! I need it again.

I know it was expired but I just hate when that happens. What is it about tossing something out after holding onto it for a long time? It's one of those "Murphy's Law" kind of things. Whatever. I'll figure out what to do next. But it looks like it's time to go see the new Vet I heard about. I don't trust these people I've been taking her to for the majority of her life.

I guess I'm in a mood so I'll end this now. See yous later.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe you could call the old vet and get the Rx refilled w/o the expensive visit? ESP if you recognize the problem like last time? Repeat visits to check the progress? I'm cheap, and maybe that sounds uncaring, but to me to sounds like taking advantage of pet owners. I hate that! I know vets need to make a living, but check the pet at the end of the prescription treatment. Man.

Hope you're having a better day today and Cissie is feeling better too!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #230
Big Yapper!

They will never work with me like that. You have to bring her in for a full exam. I can't stand them. Yes; I agree with you. I think they are taking advantage of people, too. And when you say you can't afford all these visits and stuff (one time they wanted to do an ultrasound of her bladder because every once in a great while, she'd lose control of her urine and leak), they make you feel like a bad owner and indicate that being a pet owner is costly.

I knew she didn't need the freaking US because if it was something like that, the urine would leak more regularly. They just want to get your money. BTW, (knock on wood), she hasn't leaked in a very long time. I figured it out on my own. Her hip was hurting her and when a girl dog squats, they open their hips up and lower to the ground. An aspirin twice a day does the trick. (Buffered. And an aspirin twice daily is what they prescribed during her last eye treatment episode so I just adopted it for her hip as well.)

I was a total slug this past week. It was mostly due to the weather but I did absolutely nothing but eat and lay around. Today I have to get out of this house and do something. So far I'm on track as far as my weekly food/drink budget. I'll probably do even better next week. I need to tone it down again with the food. Binge triggers are everywhere, it seems.

I definitely do have that night eating disorder. Unfortunately, "talking about it" with a therapist is the only thing they recommend as a treatment. Good Lord. I read one valuable thing at the very bottom of the online article, though. It said you have to change how you perceive yourself before you can change the behavior. Seems simple enough and applies to all areas of your life. So I need to spend time daily envisioning how I want to be. I don't do that at all and I know it has value.

So, time to get dressed and out the door for at least a little drive. Ttyl, lovelies.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi cheryl !
I got out of the house this morning to mail DS's box off. I took Chloe with me and she liked that. Today is her birthday....The big 2! LOL Tomorrow is her party at Chuck E Cheese. I bought cupcakes for today and giving her the other gifts today. I bought her bike Thursday and of course shes been riding it in the house. LOL
I showed her how to hold up two fingers and say she's two yrs old. Too cute!
She came back from the zoo with her dad yesterday (which she got in free) with a sore throat. He bought her a $7 toy and a couple lollipops and fed her twice. That was her presents. How sad is that. Pitiful....thats what he is!
Hope you have a nice day! And hope Cisco feels better too! poor doggy!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
)

I read one valuable thing at the very bottom of the online article, though. It said you have to change how you perceive yourself before you can change the behavior. Seems simple enough and applies to all areas of your life. So I need to spend time daily envisioning how I want to be. I don't do that at all and I know it has value.
Oh, there is a LOT of wisdom in this. I think when we have a regain, it's because we slip, out of habit, into envisioning ourselves as that old, fat self. We PRACTICE the new external habits, eating, exercising, etc., but we don't practice the internal stuff--the way we think and dream-- and it's even more important.

Great stuff, Cheryl. Something to think about.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #233
Big Yapper!

Very cute new Avi of Chloe! So girlie. Happy Birthday, little girl. At least she got to go with her Dad to the zoo and eat some fun food. Kids her age don't care if a gift is $7 or $107. As long as he was good to her, showed her the animals and gave her quality time, it was a good birthday event for her.

Have fun at Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow! Sorry she has a sore throat but I'm glad she's feeling better enough that a sore throat is all she has left. I know how sick you've all been. Glad you got to mail another package for Shawn. What sort of things do you ship him? Bet it's exciting when that white helicopter comes around.

You must have gotten a lot of rain where you are, too. Maybe you didn't. You're out in western PA, right? It was pretty amazing how much rain we got. And still, there's little to no standing water in my back yard. That's the true test of flooding! If the back yard stays above water.

Watching TV right now. Horse race on NBC at 5 o'clock and coverage for event begins at 3. Root for Oxbow!!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #234
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Jessica. I believe that, too. It's the simplest of concepts; the tweak in our paradigm that makes all the difference in the world. I know this and all I have to do is to keep this in the forefront of my awareness the way we keep counting calories or grams of carbs or what-have-you. We try to make things so complicated when in reality, they are as simple as one, two, three.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl,
Hope you are doing well! I'm "cooking" in this oven called Arizona...
finally can use my own laptop, so won't be so restricted... that was so frustrating!!

Still not eating enough, but it doesn't seem to bother me in this heat anyway....

Thanks for all your support.

Love,
Debby
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #236
Big Yapper!

AZ and NV are dreadful in the summer. I hope you got a hold of Julie, finally. When are you moving onward in your journey? I don't imagine you planned to spend too many days in AZ. Where is the next destination? Did you say you were going to Mexico for some dental work?

I'm back to work today. Just drinking a few cups of coffee and waking up before I go. I woke up around 4 am from the dog needing to go out and then it took a long while to go back to sleep. I was on Netflix and watched a really lame movie that I'd never heard of: Donovan's Echo. I gave it 3 out of 5 stars but it really deserved only 2.

Well, try to stay cool, Deb! Thanks for keeping in touch so frequently.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks Cheryl,
We will be heading through AZ & Nevada to California "Sierra's" I think. Will stick to the mountainous hwy's. Our cooling vests work fine. Just need full-body cooling suits here!

Julie & I will go for coffee tomorrow afternoon.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #238
Big Yapper!

That's great, Debby. Night-night.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #239
Big Yapper!

It's almost midnight here and I had a hard day at work. It was under 80 but humid and I had one of my "death warmed over" episodes and could barely stay on my feet. I sat and rested, drank lots of water, but nothing helped. Finally I just told the manager I was done. I did everything but sweep out the barn and pick out the last three stalls.

She was driving me out of my mind today. She was bathing the horses and at one point she asked if I wanted to bathe Lola. I looked at the bucket near the hose and it was empty. So I asked her how she was doing it and told her I'd never bathed a horse before. What goes in the bucket beside water? What goes on the sponge?

I swear and as God is my witness, I asked her this question 5 times minimum as she buzzed around in her type-A, caffeinated way and I even called into her when she was in the house. "What do you want?" "I need to know how to do this bathing procedure." Finally she was outside again and I said, "I need you to tell me exactly how you do this so I'm not wasting soap, etc." In the end, she just washed them all herself.

She always complains about how crappy the program director's communication skills are but hers are rotten, too! I need concise, clear instructions. And if that weren't enough, she continued to throw a monkey wrench into every other area of the pm shift routine. I won't go into detail; I'm sure you can imagine it for yourselves.

Good news is that I found a good pair of ankle boots on Amazon tonight and I ordered a pair. $60 and free shipping. No tax, either!! They have a good rating but apparently don't have great support, though very comfortable and light. I don't care. I can deal with support later on. If I like them, I'll order a second pair next month. My "odds and ends" money for June is all spent.

Sleep peacefully, ladies. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know Chloe was fine with spending some time with her dad. BUT he doesn't buy her anything ever and you'd think on her birthday he could buy her something nice. I'm so tired of him. He asked my dd for a picture of Chloe today to see what she was wearing! Really? My dd ignored that one. He asked if she had fun and my dd said yes. Chloe had a blast today! My dd's boyfriend paid for everything. She couldn't believe it and he said he wanted to do it for Chloe. He's great. He had so much fun with Chloe. He took her through the big pipe thing and the slide. Played every game with her and she smiled the whole time. We took her cake and balloons with us. I bought the balloons and went alittle overboard! They were $70! Oops! LOL
I got my Chloe a pink bicycle, an Elmo doll she wanted, puzzles and shoes. Got my dd cute pj's (with shorts), flowers, nail polish, new pink sheets and flip flops. Plus watched chloe Fri and Sat night so she could go out. Not that I really care. LOL
I asked my dd to take chloe tonight so I can sleep in. But I bet Chloe is in my room early in the morning. She had to fall asleep with me though! We'll see how late I get to sleep.
Well, need to go to sleep. I'm exhausted!