Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #1831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Ah sorry she took it hard. She did have it coming... always hard to do. Hope things are restored with new respect.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #1832
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you, darlin'. We are "talking" again so I think we'll survive. Friggin' soap opera, though. This farm is way more trouble than it's worth. I need to get the hell away from there and find another way to earn a few bucks. I can volunteer and get a horse fix just about anywhere.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #1833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
It seems to be becoming a pain in your rear! So much drama! I couldn't stay there. I'm a drama free kinda person. You have done a great job there and you're so good with the horses now. You just don't seem to get the respect you deserve.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #1834
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm sorry it's so stressful at work...I sure hope there is a chance it'll calm down some? It doesn't sound like it's set up for success though. Maybe you could find something else? Better pay, better organization, easier work? Shouldn't be too hard to find. Hang in there!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #1835
Big Yapper!

I look on Craigslist every now and then for things. There was a very cushy weekend home-based, private duty case that said the nurse needed to know how to do trach care and use a hoyer lift. I was so tempted to respond but it was in Hartford so about an hour drive each way. My car is old and not as dependable as it once was. I let that stop me, then I went back to look for it again maybe a week later when I worked up some courage and it had already been taken down. They found someone.

So keeping my eyes pealed and spending less time typing and more time praying and giving the Lord some of the worship time that He deserves will get me to that next place if I'm meant to leave.

The boss wants us (the three of us original staff people) to meet next week and go over how and what we teach the newbies, chain of command, etc. I can hardly wait. She thinks we are contradicting what she's teaching them and making them confused. Well, why is she teaching them barn stuff and why would we be teaching them anything different than what she tells us? Can't wait for that meeting. I will be putting in for pay for it.

I sent her an email yesterday. Part of me wanted to tell her I was going to resign, but then I got another idea. I told her the farm was in disarray, the horses have no consistency, someone needs to be living there and checking up to make sure things are done right at the end of the day. I told her that I was looking around and frankly, I don't see anyone else who can fill the bill but me.

I said I need to take a huge step UP, a step BACK or maybe even a step OUT. I said I want the apartment but only if she can assure me that the farm will still be operating by this time next year. She told me a while ago that the farm nearly closed its doors last winter.

I texted her last night to ask if she read the email and is she going to make me wait until our meeting next week to talk about it or will it be sooner. "Yes, sooner but I'm driving right now."

Yes, it will be a sacrifice. But if this is going to work and the animals are going to get regular exercise and things are to go smoothly, there needs to be a person on the premises like we had when the ex-manager was living there. I said I don't want a managerial title or anything like that. I just want to be a presence.

I wanted to have her be straight up with me about the farm's solvency cause if I leave this apartment which I love, I don't want to be moving again before the year is out. And if the farm does go under after one year, I'll just take that as my cue to leave CT and move elsewhere. I'm done with living here anyway. And then I'll have a sizable stash of cash to make that move with.

She won't go for it, so that will leave me with the "step BACK or step OUT" options.

Holy smokes! Just got a call from the farm. I answered it, thinking it would be the boss about my email. It was the executive director. She asked if I could meet with her and the boss this Saturday at 1pm to discuss the email I sent them. I said I could. Now, "discuss the email" I sent could mean the apartment, could mean me saying that Doug was lying to my face, could mean that I am being offered something other than the barn staff job but not the apartment, whatever. So I can't worry or speculate about that now. Only go about my days off and see how it plays out. Oh, yeah. And pray like hell.

Wait until I share this on the horse thread. They already tease me and say they eat popcorn while reading my farm dramas. I didn't tell them about the email I sent yesterday.

Well, that's all I have for now. I got paid so I'm a happy girl. Don't think they paid me for all the hours I put down. Will have to start making a copy of my time sheet before submitting it to check that they aren't messing me over or simply screwing up.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-02-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #1836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope the meeting is for something great for you. It's going to seem like forever til Saturday! Lol
I'm just relaxing today. Tasha works 3-8 and dh is on afternoon shift this week. He's trying to go steady afternoons. Wouldn't bother me one bit! We've been fussing at each other for a while. It's so rocky with us. I don't like it one bit.
My dd got her competition bikini today she won in a raffle. She's wearing it for the May events. The one she's having made will be for August. That's the big competition. She's so excited and looks amazing. She's leaning out fantastic now.
Well it's time Chloe lays down for a nap. Bbl!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #1837
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry things are still rough between you too but I didn't think all was resolved just by you deciding to stay with him. I don't now why life has to be so full of decisions and dilemmas. One long conundrum. Welcome to your life!

That's great that Tasha is doing so well and getting in top form for the competition. She won the bikini in a lottery? Also competition-related? What will she win if she wins the competition?

I just heard there was an 8.2 magnitude earthquake off the coast of south America (Argentina, I think.) Tsunami warnings are issued but so far no tsunami's, thank God. How devastating those are! I am still blown away by the images of the ones that did so much destruction in Japan and Thailand.

I promised my landlady that I would rake and clean up the whole yard this week cause it is wall to wall decaying dog poo from all winter long. The only way I can clean it is to use a rake, and pick it all up with one of the forks we use at the farm and toss it into my little wheelbarrow. So I need to go to the farm and snag back the rake I donated way back when I started volunteering there. Should do that today. At least I'll be ready to get some of the work done tomorrow when I get out of bed.

The back yard is just so spongy from all the rain we had this past week. If I don't time it right, I might end up picking up as much sod as poop. Don't think that would thrill her too much.

OMG! Where are the cops when you need them? I know they stake out my street for speeders sometimes but never at the right times. Today, there are motorcyclists going at least 60 mph past my house over and over again. They turn the corner at the light and gun it all the way up my road. The cops sometimes park in the firehouse parking lot facing the street but I don't think they've snagged a speeder yet.

I need to go get ready and head out of the house to spend some of that cash I got paid today. Always such a relief when the bank account is no longer in the single $$ amounts. This time I got down to $6.16. Too close for comfort.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #1838
Big Yapper!

CherylB's "enough fooling around" Journal

New Journal! Come on along.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #1839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
It's good that you and the ex-manager seem to be working things out. I applaud you for being so honest and assertive with her. So much better than not saying anything and letting resentments fester. Honesty, kindly expressed, is usually the best course.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #1840
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Lola. Sometimes "nothing ventured, nothing gained." Come over to my new journal! This one is being retired.