Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #1801
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sounds like she won't be there long.... sorry it's so up in the air right now !

Have a good night and I hope that bad weather misses you !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #1802
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
No, the problem is that she has some sort of hold on the board members. They believe in her abilities and are "wowed" by her experience and to be honest, so am I. She knows how to relate to horses and communicate with them and all that jazz. But as far as caring for their health issues and all other matters having to do with running this farm, she is woefully over her head.

I hate not having the manager there anymore. I now understand what she went through, to a degree. Without her, we have to deal directly with the director cause she's our only go-to person as it stands right now. And she has other jobs and commitments on other farms. I don't even know all that she's involved in but we need a full-time, available, capable person. I think we're screwed.

I agreed to let the ex-manager come to the farm yesterday afternoon and bring her dog so they could go for a walk up in the fields like they used to do when they lived there. She just had surgery on one of her fingers and her entire hand is in a cast. I told her to come and even hang with us and maybe even help me free lunge (or longe, depending on how you like to spell it) some of the horses. She said she couldn't, but she ended up doing it just fine, using only one hand for direction. (The other arm held a coffee cup to her chest.) It was good for her, good for the horses, nice for the volunteers who miss her, good for her dog who never gets to roam off-leash anymore, and nice to have her back where she belongs for a while. I told the volunteers that her being there was "hush hush" and they understood.

She got to see the cats, visit with Ellen the goat, and spend some quality alone time with her two favorite horses. The weird thing at the end of all this is that she said, "They're unhappy. There's somebody here they don't like." If I had to guess, that would be the new girl, Jeannie. She doesn't like them and approaches them with a bad energy. The thing with the ex-manager is I've found that she is extremely intuitive. I've never met anyone who picks up things from animals like she does. I've seen her do it twice with her dog, when I was aware of something and she wasn't. It's undeniable. She also said that Chico (her dog) was acting strangely when up in the field. Acting like he was going to get into trouble. And she said that she had a really bad feeling about the farm. Like witchcraft was going on there. And she sensed that the animals were all withdrawn from the humans.

She is totally right-on. Not sure if Reiki is witchcraft but the boss keeps a crystal on her desk. And she doesn't know that Lola has been walking away and turning her back on me when I was going to do her foot soaks or applying her sheets for night time. She's never done that before. Even the cats are just staying in the hay room and they don't come out into the barn when any of us are there like they used to, even though that's where the food is. We've started bringing their bowls of canned food into the hay room to be sure they are eating.

I trust those feelings she gets because I've seen before how true they are. So, it's a really good thing that they haven't offered me the apartment and I haven't given up my home to move there. I don't know if we'll still exist by the end of the year.

Today is my Friday so I'm going to go take a much-needed shower and get ready for work. I have no volunteers today and it's only in the 20's and windy. At least it's sunny, but that means the temps will dive down overnight. No blanket of clouds to trap in the "heat." Extra sheets needed for the horses. Think I'll go in early, turn them in early and just pick out the stalls before I leave. Problem with that is they are keeping the bedding so thin these days that if I pick out a stall, I'll have to add a half bag of bedding.

Have a lovely day, ladies.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #1803
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I didn't realize things were so bad there. I can't imagine what could happen for things to turn around, but I'm sure there is some hope in there somewhere? I hope they can figure out what's really happening and can straighten it out. I am glad you're safe and sound in your own place too!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #1804
Big Yapper!

As a Christian, this is a terrible thing to say, but it never occurs to me to pray for and over the farm and its animals. NEVER. I need to ask God to take control of the farm and to oust the bad energy woman who has all these wacky ideas and replace her with someone who is rational and more "grounded" (to use her own word.)

I'm so tired. I have more stories from today but no energy to tell. Been texting and talking with ex-farm ladies for about 3 hours over the condition of one of the barn cats. Whether to take it to the vet on my own and try to cover the cost with the other ladies chipping in, whether to tell the director I took it when she knows we just "treated it" tonight with "miracle clay and trace minerals". I'm exhausted from talking about it all and I just want to go to bed.

Julie, I'm sorry. I read your journal but didn't post over there. I thought I'd be back over there but I never made it. Tomorrow, for sure. I'm supposed to be off for 4 days. We shall see. I may be doing some covert cat spying in the pm, after the evening feed shift is over. I wish I wasn't 1- BROKE and 2- Allergic to cats.

Night, ladies. God bless you each and all.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #1805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Have a good rest Cheryl!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #1806
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Night cheryl ! Enjoy your day's off !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Sending good thoughts your way, Cheryl. I truly believe that if you continue to act with integrity and out of your sincere and deep concern for the animals you care for and love all will be well in the end. We can only try to do our best in life and our best involves being loving and grateful. I think you demonstrate both of those qualities. The world is a better place because of caring individuals such as you, dear Cheryl.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #1808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I agree 100% with Lola!!!! You're great with the animals there and they have to know what a caring, loving person you are.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #1809
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Sending good thoughts your way, Cheryl. I truly believe that if you continue to act with integrity and out of your sincere and deep concern for the animals you care for and love all will be well in the end. We can only try to do our best in life and our best involves being loving and grateful. I think you demonstrate both of those qualities. The world is a better place because of caring individuals such as you, dear Cheryl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
I agree 100% with Lola!!!! You're great with the animals there and they have to know what a caring, loving person you are.
Thank you, ladies. The Bible says to never tire of doing good. I need to remember that and also remember to lean on Him to recharge my batteries. I've been trying to do it by my own might and that's the wrong way to do ANYTHING.

WINDY today but gusts up to 80 mph on Cape Cod! We have gusts in the 30's and 40's. No snow at all. WHEW! Will spend most of the day indoors and maybe head out to the store for a quick trip.

Not much else to say right now. Day off #2. Ttyl. Hope you each have a lovely day.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #1810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi! Enjoying your day?

Oh lord we got snow here and ice! I had to leave this morning at 7:30 and I left late because I had to scrape ice off the windows of the car and then once I left the roads were bad. I had to help my mom this morning with food pantry. I wasn't late to the food pantry but I called my mom and dad and told them the roads my way were bad. Once I turned onto the road to go towards their way, they were wet. I made up for some lost time then! I hate driving 30-35 mph when the speed limit is 45.

My dd told me Chloe cried because I left her. I told her next time she can go. If I leave, she has to go with me anymore.

My mom gave me some homemade veggie soup she made. Mmm! That's mine and Chloe's dinner today. My dh can have chili I made yesterday.

My dd is getting ready for her competition. I tell you about it? I don't remember if I did. He's been eating and working out and doing exactly what her coach is telling her to do. That girl knows what she's doing. Tasha looks amazing! I'll send you a picture of her in an email for you to see. It's amazing!! Her coach is a nutritionist and fitness trainer. She's been in a lot of competitions. My dd is in the "shredding" phase. She's going down to 122lbs.

Well have to go! Ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #1811
Big Yapper!

Oh, that sucks! I'm sorry you got hit by the storm. Not a safe environment to be out driving in. Let's hope it's the last one this winter!!!! Enough already!

Poor little Chloe. What's Tasha going to be doing? I didn't remember she competed in anything. She's a very pretty lady so I'm sure she'll do well in it. You're mom must be feeling pretty well if she's making veggie soup!

Not much else to say. Lazy day #2. Still super windy here. Thankful to have been spared the brunt of the storm. Have a great night, ladies.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #1812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha's doing a fitness competition that is bathing suit on one day and fitness the next. So she has to lean out a lot. First she had to gain weight and now she's losing. She's down to 126.something. She usually weighs 135ish. She portions out her food and just eats certain foods. Her coach gives her the menu and she cooks everything on Sunday and weighs everything and puts it in baggies for the week. She has 2 high carb days and 5 low carb. She mostly lifts because cardio causes her to lose too fast. Her coach said today if she keeps losing a fast as she is she's going to change her workout.
Her first competition is in May. It's two days. Can't wait to go see her. She's starting to learn how to walk and pose. She has her heels and ordered her bikini. It's gorgeous!!! We have to get our tickets soon too. She's very disciplined.
My mom and dad made the soup. My dad has been helping her do a lot. She goes to the dr Friday for another X-ray and she's hoping she won't have to wear this cast anymore.
Well Chloe wants something to eat! Lol. She just woke up from her nap.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #1813
Big Yapper!

cool! I would love to know what that diet consists of. eating right now. only have one hand.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #1814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll have to get her paper and tell ya. But it's alittle over 1500 cals on low carb days which are low carb and no cardio days. It's 1700 cals on cardio days and high carb days. Now she lifts heavy weights and works out about an hr and a half. Now next week she gets to do some yoga in her workout. It changes every week.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #1815
Big Yapper!

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #1816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #1817
Big Yapper!

Same to you, chickie! Can't post now cause I have to get things done. Working today and then have the gala in the evening. Need to shave my legs and plan out what I'm wearing, then go to work and pray the rain holds off until I get out of there, then shower, change, put at least a little makeup on and apply a smile to my face. Should hunt down my umbrella cause it's supposed to rain hard tonight.

Later, peeps. Wish me luck.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #1818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Busy bee - Cheryl!
Blessings on your day!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #1819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't wait to hear about your evening!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #1820
Big Yapper!

Tomorrow! Almost 2 am when I got home.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #1821
Big Yapper!

It was a lot of fun and it lasted until 1:30 (well, cause three of us went to a bar after the gala.) The drinks at the event were expensive. Golf/country club. I wouldn't have minded if part of the proceeds from drinks went to support the farm but they didn't. I switched to the cheapest thing which was beer.

I was very uncomfortable in my clothes but I wore the only thing I owned that really would work. I'm sure I wore it to the gala last year. It rained all day and all night. Going to rain all dog gone day and night again today and I'm working. I have a rain coat so that kept my upper half dry yesterday but my lower half was saturated. More of the same to come today.

At least it's mild! And once this system passes us, it will truly feel like Spring. We have a block of sunny days in the 50's coming up after Monday. I will not blow them like I did all my days off last week. I will take my doggy to the fish and game and let her run around. We'll go on a little hike through the woods.

I noticed some Crocus plants in the garden along the side of the house but they aren't flowering yet. Just the striped leaves that come before. It still was a wonderful sight to behold. I love Spring and I hope we have a nice long one before summer hits and bakes us. We are way overdue for a mild summer. I hope I get my wish and I hope I get to listen to other people complaining about how summer never really came. One can dream.

Gotta get ready for work. Wet horses, day #2.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-30-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Old 03-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #1822
Big Yapper!

(Copy/paste from the horse thread)

Rain, rain go away. Where oh where is the sun? Why oh why do we have so few actually nice days? When oh when will I wise up?

Please excuse me as I sing the blues. It was lighter rain today than yesterday but it was constant, just like yesterday. I'm praying tomorrow is dry. I'm just about DONE. Just checked the hourly forecast online. Sporadic periods of rain tomorrow am, ending at 1pm. SUN COMING OUT to dry up all the mud!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now. The good weather is just hours away. Now I can talk about something else. Won't that be nice?

Daphne let me groom her and brush/rub her belly tonight. She still acted like it was not altogether pleasant but at least I was able to. There are short rebar things separating Daphne and Red's stalls and I noticed that two random ones were missing. That's new and nobody mentioned it in their notes or passed it on. Could only find one laying on the shelf where the radio is so I was left with a decision. I knew it was a safety hazard to leave it that way.

I opted to remove a section of those bars so they now have a "window" where they can get romantic with their faces. I took two of the bars I removed and put them in the random spots and all is well now. I want to do the same thing in Cowboy and Ellen's stall but it's a project for another day. They love each other and I think it would be really cool for them to have actual time to be "paddock mates", of sorts. But I will open an area that isn't anywhere near her hay holder. If he can reach that with his lips, that will be all he cares to do when he sticks his face into her area.

Do you think I did the right thing with this little dilemma? I think so but if I go to work tomorrow and the barn has collapsed, I'll have to own up to that. I'm just joshing.

The ex-manager came again today. I told her she could so this was the second Sunday in a row she came. But today, she started over-stepping. She had the volunteers take the sheets off the barn guys and go hang them up in the basement. I hadn't even gotten to "that bridge" yet and I had intended to see if they were dry under their sheets and then decide if I would leave them on. It is RAW out there. And it's going down to 33 degrees tonight and may even switch from rain to sleet or something at one point. It was super windy today and if the wind goes through the night, that barn is drafty. In short, I was PO'd.

She started directing me to go get some warm water and betadine so we could clean Daphne's belly! I said, "That wasn't on my agenda for today and all I need is for someone to see Betadine stains in her stall on her bedding and then start asking me questions." I was really getting irked! She's very sensitive so I'd be shocked if she didn't sense that she over-stepped. I put my foot down and if I'd seen the volunteers taking the sheets into the house, I would have stopped them.

Then she was telling me how to fix the missing rebar. She started looking all around to see where the two that were gone had been laid. She found one but not the other. I was already brainstorming and I wasn't about to share with her what I planned to do cause she would have told me that was a terrible idea. It's not her concern. I'm calling the shots now!

Well, I had about an hour and 20 minute gap between that last exclamation point and this period. I just was talking with the morning barn girl and she is so upset. Apparently the ex-manager bombarded her with a huge succession of texts (that all came in the right order, somehow) and she was having a panic attack. We talked for a long time and she said she felt a lot better but then I felt compelled to text the ex-manager and tell her she was out of line.

I said I loved her, that she was my best friend, but she stepped on my toes today and she needs to remember that she doesn't work there anymore. I said that I knew it was frustrating for her to see all these things that she wants to remedy and she's used to running the show but I had to remind her that she is a guest there now and it is the morning girl and I that are still slugging it out, trying to work our way through all these changes with this pathetic director as our only guide. I said she should apologize to the am barn girl.

There. I said it. It had to be said. Lord, thank you for giving me the assertiveness it takes to say it like it is. I know what a gift it is to open your mouth and know you are prepared for whatever the result of your words may be. I don't say things I don't mean and carefully craft what I do say. Time will tell if she takes this chastisement as well as the last time I got all up in her face. I think she will.

Enough for one night. Still haven't eaten anything other than a couple of glasses of wine and it's 10 pm. Goodnight, ladies.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #1823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy day! Hope it all works out well at the farm & with your friend.
We were busy too, with church & visiting friends. So sleepy now.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #1824
Big Yapper!

Sleep tight, Deb.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #1825
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sorry to hear work isn't smoothing out yet...hopefully it will! Glad it's warming up for you, but be the rain gives you a break! Glad you're able to be direct, that's a rare gift. Enjoy a few days off and the early spring too!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #1826
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Julie. HAPPY APRIL 1ST!!!!!!! GOOD RIDDENCE WINTER OF 2014.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #1827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amen Cheryl!!! Too darn cold!!! It's over 70* today!! So far the warmest day we have had. Love it!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #1828
Big Yapper!

Wow! 50's here. I need to go take Cissy for a walk. I'm broke and really want to buy a couple of beers. Maybe I should go return some cans for the deposits. I hate how I ride into each new month on fumes. I get paid tomorrow though. Then Thursday, my big once-a-month payday.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #1829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The temperature has made it to 74*! I'm waiting on. Hood to wake up so we can leave the house. Tash works til 5 and I have to pick her up.
Started drinking protein shakes (meal replacement lean shake) and a fat burner. They're specifically for people who don't exercise. For what I paid for them, they better work! I'm not using the shakes for replacements though. It's 180 calories and the guy said to drink 2 then have a normal dinner. I don't think that's enough calories.
Enjoying your day?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #1830
Big Yapper!

Writing on your tablet, I see. Yes, I'm enjoying my day. I slept til noon and I have only opened the door once and that was to put Cissy out. Well twice, cause I let her back in, too. Been texting back and forth with my ex-manager and we worked through a big conflict we had been going through the past few days. I didn't know if our friendship was going to survive. I think we worked through it but she may hold a grudge for a while. Time will tell. I said what I had to say cause she way overstepped her boundaries this past Sunday when she came to visit the horses at the farm. She went back into manager-mode.

I'm glad I kept pushing her to respond to my texts. Now we're talking and we stand a fighting chance at surviving.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-01-2014 at 12:45 PM..