Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #1771
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Nope. Off Saturday, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Tomorrow (or rather "today") I go to my mom's for a little loan to tie me over until payday. She says her car wouldn't start today so I'm charging my little portable battery jumper and I'll get her car going when I get there. Then I'll have her drive to the drug store and I'll follow her (she had something to pick up.) Then if it won't start again, I'll jump it again and follow her home. But if it will start after she shuts it off at the drug store, then we will know it was charged up enough from the drive to the store. That will give her peace of mind.

Sleep tight, Debby. I'm going to watch a movie and try to get sleepy now.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #1772
Big Yapper!

Went to my mom's this afternoon and thankfully, my little battery jumper got her car going again. I followed her as she drove down to her drug store and then I got out and told her to leave her car running if she wasn't going to be in there long. I waited in a parking space nearby, then followed her to the liquor store (like daughter, like mother.) She shut her car off at that point and it started right back up after.

She doesn't drive like an old lady! I have never followed her anywhere and she's always riding with either me or my sister when she is going somewhere with us or when we're meeting at a restaurant. She never drives (I mean, when it's a day involving us). She's gotten very spoiled. It was really good to see how capable she still is. Oh, dear sweet Lord. Please keep the old girl going strong so I don't have to start shopping for a place for the two of us. Amen!

It's mild and breezy today. I was struck by the rarity of just being able to look up into the sky and see the shape of clouds! Doesn't that just tell you how much time we spend completely covered? It put a smile on my face. I could see off in the distance that it might be raining. It looked hazy and gray on the bottom portion of those clouds. I used to love the sky and clouds when I lived in other states. I'm really being deprived of that here.

When my dearly departed father flew to TX to see me when I moved down there, he was shocked at how big the sky was and how short the trees were. I was too. The first time I went there, it looked as though the trees were buried most of the way in the ground and only the tops were sticking out. But the sky? OMG. And also out West, the sky has always been such a delight. Every day, a new painting to behold.

Enjoying my day off. Won't get another one until Wednesday and still haven't been told that my being scheduled for Thursday was an error. I want to be told that it was, so I can look forward to two days off in a row. Is that too much to ask????

Last edited by CherylB; 03-15-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 03-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That's great that your mom's battery recovered.
I'm a cloud watcher too. Love big shapely clouds.
Hope you get the schedule worked to one that suits everyone soon.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #1774
Big Yapper!

Thank you. It's going to take prayer and a lot of patience and persistence to get something I can live with.

Here's to lots more cloud watching this year. Night!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #1775
Big Yapper!

Oh boy. Work day again. Windy and in the 32 degree range. Winter continues but no snow or mixed precip in the forecast. Looking on the online weather site I go to, I see a big boomerang-shaped blob heading east but it doesn't appear to have much of a northern track. Time will tell but so far, they aren't predicting rain until Wednesday.

Hope we all have a nice day.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #1776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
Glad that your mom sounds like she is doing so well and that her car started again. I am ready for spring, I have flowers coming up in my yard.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #1777
Big Yapper!

Hello, Heather. Are you one of my lurkers? How's the weather in Utah?
Old 03-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #1778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
She has FLOWERS coming up in her yard? (looking out at 5 ft snowbanks outside my window) Heather, I'd guess the weather is pretty darn nice in Utah, eh? It's ten degrees here in the UP of Michigan. BRRRR!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #1779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
If anyone could pack up some of their sunshine and ship it here we'd be REALLY grateful!

(Okay winter, you can stop now. We're convinced.)
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #1780
Big Yapper!

(Copy/paste from horse thread. Responding to a suggestion given about a problem I have with Frodo, who won't respect my space when we're walking together.)

Good idea! I'll make myself bigger. I'll enlarge my energy bubble. I'll use those tips that my boss has given me and I'll try to remember to use them. I had the trainee today. Either didn't know or forgot I had her. All my weeks are running together, not knowing my schedule for more than about 5-6 days at a time. Anyway, I'll start talking about my day now.

She definitely revs at a much higher rpm than I do. I have her again tomorrow and I'll get her toned down. I got a good start with her today. It was a very unusual day, actually. But I'll start from the beginning.

She was already there when I pulled in at 3:30. I have no volunteers on Mondays so I was surprised to see a blue car in the parking lot. Then I saw the hay cart by the hay room, pretty full and the hay room door open. I went into the house and looked at the clipboard to see who signed in and I recognized her name. There was my answer. She had gotten there 15 minutes earlier and already she was gunning to get the tasks done. Seriously? Can't even wait for me?

So I went into the office and read the note from the morning girl, listened to the message on the phone, texted the boss to clarify something I was unsure of and made a little list of things I needed to remember during my shift. But that time, she'd passed all the hay and come into the house to introduce herself. Fine by me! All I had to do was check that she'd done it right.

We shook hands and she went into the bathroom. After she came back out, I started teaching. She had gotten the key out of the room where we keep it and when she had opened the farmhouse up, she tossed the key on the kitchen table when she'd signed in. I never do that cause if I forget it's inside and I lock the door, I'm screwed. So I told her to never bring the key into the house. I told her I drop it on the porch and then take it back to where it goes when I'm heading back out the door. She went and put it back right after that. She said it made sense.

I was showing her how I think and how I kind of go about my day, and she was very task-oriented. I used to hate it when my nursing school instructor (ONE of them) said that about me, but she really is. She went straight for the wheelbarrow with her fork and started doing paddocks. I knew we had bigger fish to fry and I want her to think like the barn staff person so I called to her and said, "I know you know how to pick up poop. Come with me and I'll show you where we keep the keys to the tool room and you can help me look for a cotter pin and washer." Finally, she's being taught something new.

So we poked around in various cans and such and found what we needed and we fixed the wheelbarrow that's been out of commission for a few days. Then I could help her with the paddocks cause we are really down to those two orange WB's.

I watched her while trying not to be overt and I saw that she really isn't all that comfortable with horses. She was going to go into the paddock that had Frodo, Charmed and Cowboy in it and naturally, they were all lined up by the gate, wanting to come inside. I heard her saying, "Move!" to Frodo. There was a good area to the right of Frodo and the left of Charmed and I said, "He's fine. Just go past him." She did but she was not thrilled to be that close to Frodo. And when it was time to turn the horses in, she said she'd take Charmed and I could take Frodo. Tomorrow, she will take Frodo.

I saw what the morning girl said about her and being careless with gates. She's improving but not 100% there yet. We worked on that today, too. All in all, it went well. Another thing that happened that was odd was after all the horses were turned in, I went to the hot water faucet on the side of the house to wash something off and saw something was very out of the ordinary. I said I was going to go into the basement to see if we sprung a leak. There was a large area on the wall where the water had been spraying and a smallish puddle on the floor. I asked her to go back out and turn the faucet handle so I could see and when she did, I let out a scream. I got sprayed directly in my eyes.

She heard me and shut it right off again. Then I saw on the two water lines that lead out the basement wall, each had a small valve. I turned the hot water valve to off and that was that. Left a note for the morning girl and our boss and put a note on the faucet outdoors.

She had to leave at 5:30, saying that her boyfriend's father was in the hospital and was going into detail about what was wrong with him but I couldn't really focus on all that. I said that was fine and we would focus on other things tomorrow when she comes back again. But you want to hear something really bizarre? This woman who claims to have been the one to muck 27 stalls in 2 hours and take care of 6 Percherons has never picked a horse's hoof. "The farrier always did their feet." Seriously?

So tomorrow, I'm going to continue to teach. We will have volunteers and that alone is something she has to get used to. Babysitting. So that's what we're going to do together. She's going to give tasks to the volunteers and she's going to start thinking like a staff barn worker. I'll nudge her and keep her on track but it's going to be an eye-opener for her.

I'm so glad it isn't going to be raining or something. That would be a horrible way to teach someone who is nearly done with their orientation. Isn't that sick? "Nearly done" and has yet to pick a hoof! I know they don't groom in the morning but they have been soaking Lola's rear hoof. Do they not clean it out before they plunk it into a bucket of hot water?

I drove home feeling satisfied. She said she had learned more today than in all the days before. That's what I'm talking about. I said "I've been waiting until I could get my hands on you."
Old 03-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #1781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! You really put her through the ropes! Good for you!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #1782
Big Yapper!

I hope I get more time with her. I swear I could whip her into fighting condition in less than a week.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #1783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
She sounds like a good fit...I hope the training goes well.

Hope you have a nice break coming soon. And some warmer weather!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #1784
Big Yapper!

Thank you, ladies. Nice to have you along for my journey. It's rocky but sometimes it's gratifying, like today.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #1785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
I hope you have a great rest! I enjoyed reading your account of the day on the horse-thread. I can just picture the new lady. Glad you're able to share your wisdom & experience with her. Sounds like she's listening 'most of the time.'
I didn't tell you... the next day after going to the farm with the kiddo's, DH took them to the neighbor's (who also have lots of goats & sheep & babies)... they are German & have 'pristine' stables for them... better than even the fall fair grounds! Funny thing, my 'hoity-toity grand daughters' enjoyed the rough & stinky farm the most! They got to be hands-on right from the get-go & LOVED that. Oldest of them really wants a goat of her own.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #1786
Big Yapper!

Goats are cool! No doubt about it. And I agree; a farm should have a natural look about it. If it's TOO clean, somebody's trying too hard.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #1787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hey Cheryl! How are you?

Sorry it's been a while since I've popped in here. I read the posts and you've been busy. The farm is getting interesting.

I'm in a lot I pain today. To the point I cried trying to get up the steps. I go to the dr April 9 (I think) so I'm going to suggest another MRI. I think something has changed in there again. I feel a lot of pressure in there. So laying in bed taking pain pills today. I'll probably fall asleep soon. I can feel my eyes gettin heavy from the pain pill. I have to call my mom and cancel today. I hat doing that but I have no choice. She'll understand.

Well, ttys! I'll email you later!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #1788
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry to hear that, Tammy. I really am. I hope you are resting comfortably right now and that when you email me next, you'll be feeling a whole lot better. Good idea about another MRI.

I'm just chilling out again today. Sun was out earlier but clouds are sliding in and rain is coming back tonight, like last night. We have ponding in the back yard here. The rain will help to eliminate a large part of the remaining snow.

My schedule at the farm is taking the form I wanted it to!! After this week, I'll be working Saturday, Sunday, Monday pm's. That is, (I guess) if the girl we are training works out. We think that the guy will. The jury's still out on the lady. She's going to make mistakes but we all do. Just hope the mistakes she makes are small ones that don't hurt anyone. She needs to be "schooled" about how little experience she has with horses on this level.

But it is coming together and my boss is sending me some ads she's written up for instructors and the caretaker. I will put them on a site I know of online as soon as she gets them to me. Now all I have to do is get her to send them to me. HURRY UP! Comeoncomeoncomeon.

Have a great day, ladies. Tammy, for God's sake, feel better.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #1789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good news
Old 03-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #1790
Big Yapper!

Yes it is, Deb! It means that two out of my three work days, I won't have to deal with doing the barn chores AND helping with the program needs. It's way too much work and it's very chaotic. I will help one day as a volunteer to groom and tack the horses before each lesson but I won't get sucked into doing the side-walking or leading if I can help it, and I won't have to try to do the barn chores at the same time.

That means that I can stay the very happiest version of me!!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #1791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That means that I can stay the very happiest version of me!!
I love this statement! So funny!
I remember, its not so fun when they expect you to wear two hats at the same time... KISS theory!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #1792
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad the schedule is working out the way you'd hoped...with time maybe the new volunteer will be a good fit. Hope the weather dries out quickly...must be a lot of mud at the farm. Definitely sounds like things are falling into place

Tay-hope you're feeling better!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #1793
Big Yapper!

Deb, now that I know I made you laugh by saying that, I'm laughing about it too! I really didn't say it to be funny, though. I know how miserable I can get at that place. Actually, I was just on Youtube researching something. I know you're both (or rather "all", cause Tammy and others who read my journal are as well) Christians so you'll understand my hesitation in following this woman's (my boss) way of approaching problems.

She is a Reiki Master. She does "energy work" with the horses when they have health or behavioral problems. (Works great, doesn't it?) I know she believes that the energy work isn't working so well because of all of us who approach these same horses "with sympathy" or expecting them to nip at us or act threateningly toward us. It's a battle that I can't win.

Anyway, I was just looking up what Reiki really is cause I don't understand it and it seems like a religion in itself. Something that requires total faith and a life-commitment in order to "live it." Well, I don't see how I can find a place within her way of believing and not taint my own self as a Christian.

I know that we are all made up of energy. I get that living, tangible beings and things have mass and energy and exert force on the world around themselves. But Chakras and the Third Eye and blocked energy? Sweeping the bad energy away by waving your hand after your energy work has been done? COME ON. Channeling the energy from the universe that's just out there, all around us? Where is God in all of that?

It's just too generic for me. We have to give praise and adoration to the Creator and not worship the created. I wonder if she herself is the reason why the horses are so unhealthy. All the while, she thinks it's us. I don't know who among the farm people (on the board or anywhere, of those who haven't left already because of her) believe or practice anything that she does.

It disturbs me because if it's of value, if it doesn't offend God, if it doesn't lead me astray from what God wants from us, I don't see why I should shun what she may have to teach that could be of use. But it is so confusing and I wish she would just go somewhere else so someone "normal" could take her place.

Ya know?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #1794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry for your dilemma Cheryl. Its certainly a matter for prayer. I have never heard of this thing, except what I found online the last time you mentioned it. But you could certainly be 'on to something.' With the 'caution in your spirit' that you're feeling. I'd pray against anything that's hurting the animals as you care for them. The name of Jesus is more powerful than any other. I will join in prayer with you for you, the farm & for her. Nothing is impossible in Jesus. May God give you wisdom.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #1795
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby. You're so right about that. Thanks for joining with me in prayer about it.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #1796
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad your schedule seems to be working out ! Yay !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #1797
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Deb, now that I know I made you laugh by saying that, I'm laughing about it too! I really didn't say it to be funny, though. I know how miserable I can get at that place. Actually, I was just on Youtube researching something. I know you're both (or rather "all", cause Tammy and others who read my journal are as well) Christians so you'll understand my hesitation in following this woman's (my boss) way of approaching problems.

She is a Reiki Master. She does "energy work" with the horses when they have health or behavioral problems. (Works great, doesn't it?) I know she believes that the energy work isn't working so well because of all of us who approach these same horses "with sympathy" or expecting them to nip at us or act threateningly toward us. It's a battle that I can't win.

Anyway, I was just looking up what Reiki really is cause I don't understand it and it seems like a religion in itself. Something that requires total faith and a life-commitment in order to "live it." Well, I don't see how I can find a place within her way of believing and not taint my own self as a Christian.

I know that we are all made up of energy. I get that living, tangible beings and things have mass and energy and exert force on the world around themselves. But Chakras and the Third Eye and blocked energy? Sweeping the bad energy away by waving your hand after your energy work has been done? COME ON. Channeling the energy from the universe that's just out there, all around us? Where is God in all of that?

It's just too generic for me. We have to give praise and adoration to the Creator and not worship the created. I wonder if she herself is the reason why the horses are so unhealthy. All the while, she thinks it's us. I don't know who among the farm people (on the board or anywhere, of those who haven't left already because of her) believe or practice anything that she does.

It disturbs me because if it's of value, if it doesn't offend God, if it doesn't lead me astray from what God wants from us, I don't see why I should shun what she may have to teach that could be of use. But it is so confusing and I wish she would just go somewhere else so someone "normal" could take her place.

Ya know?
Wait, I missed a previous reference to this. You're boss practices this? Think new age...there are definitely powers and spirits out there, but if it's not from The Lord, you don't want any part of it! I'll be praying for you...that's quite a volatile situation.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #1798
Big Yapper!

(Copy/Paste from the horse thread, minus the smilies.)

Work:

Mud City. Paddocks were like a marsh. They had turned them all out in the upper paddocks to give the lower one behind the barn a chance to "heal." I think we should be doing it opposite. Let the upper paddocks solidify and then use them for turn-out. If we don't, the ground is going to be nothing but pock-marks and ridges. What do I know? I suggested that we use the arena and the paddock behind the barn for the next week to give the higher ones a chance to dry up. We'll see how that "turns out."

Got there at 3:30, thinking I was going to just have a typical barn shift and maybe fit in some time to work with Frodo (which I did but just now remembered and forgot to write about it in my notes.) My brain is fried this evening.

At 4pm, I looked at my cell phone which had been in my coat which was hanging on a hook in the barn which really should have been on my body cause it was windy as hell, and I saw that there was a call from the boss. A voice message from the boss. A text or two from the boss, too. "Cheryl, call me." I go in the house to make a list of the things I wanted to ask her cause I had more questions than answers from the note that was left for me and I sit down at the desk in the office.

The farm's phone was ringing and then stopping. Ringing then stopping. I didn't answer it. I was alone and I wasn't about to start taking phone messages for Lord-only-knows who about who-only-knows what. But I listened to the voicemail on our extension and it was the boss. "Cheryl, call me." I just had but got her voicemail.

I finally got her and other than her asking if I could free lunge some of the horses, I don't recall what the great urgency was. We have a volunteer orientation tomorrow so maybe she wanted to get some of the kinks out of the horses so they wouldn't be stiff or whatever tomorrow.

Well, I started with Red and Daphne. They were in the highest paddock and that's when I saw how horrible the paddocks were. Like a bog or something. (Oh, yeah. She said the paddocks were too muddy and tell the volunteers not to worry about them. They were already done doing the upper ones.) If they were that bad, why did she put the horses up there? But, I digress.

Brought Red and Daphne into the arena. Daphne never walks ahead of me but today she did. In fact, she was slippin' and a'slidin' all the way across the paddock to get to me faster. Red was just carefully plodding along, taking his time. I put their halters on and walked them down together, cause that's how I always turn them in. But today, it didn't work out so well.

Daphne was a wild woman in the arena! If there were no fencing, she would have galloped clear on down the hill and not stopped for a couple miles. Well, maybe she would have thought to turn back and look for Red at some point, but from the look in her eyes, I doubt that would have occurred to her this time.

OMG! She was doing everything under the sun, except walking or rolling. Bucks with a little leap before the buck, bigger bucks without the little leap, trotting, cantering, galloping, more bucks, and on it went. She was distracted at first by Frodo, standing with Charmed and Cowboy up to their fetlocks in mud beside the arena. Daphne and Frodo were having a moment. But I got her out of that corner and that's when the show began.

So I got her to change direction and act all kinds of crazy going the other way while Red was just trotting along with no enthusiasm whatsoever and after a while, I just took the pressure off (and tried to stop LMAO) and let her come down. She never did. Even after I turned away from her and lowered my energy, she kept galloping around with that same eye.

Of all six of the horses I FL today, she was the one who seemed to enjoy it the most. Frodo was his usual stupid self but Daphne was the best to behold. I did them two at a time or I never would have had time to groom their muddy selves and feed them before sundown. She said not to do Lola but I think it might have done her a little good to get the kinks out after the last few weeks of being lame.

So tomorrow, I go back for 11:30 to assist with the orientation. I work at 3:30 but I'll get the stalls set-up the best I can so when I come back for work, (I do intend to go home in between; maybe not) I can whip through it and feed early. They will all be gross again so we'll have to go through the whole grooming ritual once more. I will tell the volunteers who work on Saturday pm to skip the paddocks 100%.

About Frodo:

I worked with him on his halter and lead rope, just walking. I took him just once "around the block", which is around the manure pit. I figured that would be enough for today cause I didn't let him crowd me or rush me at all. He was a little reactive but didn't rear or behave as badly as I know he is capable of. I felt it went well considering. This was after FL'ing him. I thought it would be a good way to end it, rather than just leading him to his run-in where he was going to go eat. He had to go my way, at my pace and THEN he could eat. I will keep working on him.

When I had him in the arena, after he got all kinds of stupid, I spent some time just trying to make him change direction with outside turns. I saw a video on Youtube that showed this is an effective thing to do to get an aggressive horse to respect you. It was hard to do because he would change direction, duck his head a bit and haul @$$. I couldn't get him to stop and change direction quick enough. I did get to do it as it was meant to be done after a while and I know I got his attention. He knows the gig is about to be up.

I'm pooped. Time to down my night-time meds and a few more beers. Clothes are in the dryer. TGIF? Not in my world! But I can't complain. I have made a difference in their world today and I feel good about that. They have made a difference in mine, as well. Funny how that works.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #1799
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Wait, I missed a previous reference to this. You're boss practices this? Think new age...there are definitely powers and spirits out there, but if it's not from The Lord, you don't want any part of it! I'll be praying for you...that's quite a volatile situation.
Yes, she is a Reiki Master. At first, to hear her talking about things in regard to energy and how it conveys to the horses (and how we use it to communicate with them, to get them to behave certain ways, etc) it seems all cool and fascinating and "mystical." But it saddens me that I know how deep her beliefs run and I just can't get on board with it. I try, for the sake of making it all work as a team. After all, we have to all be on the same page. "A house divided will fall."

And that is exactly why the farm has been falling apart. The people who have left have had major disagreements with her and her methods and beliefs. It's hard to be in the position I am, not wanting to get involved with things that God may find reprehensible and not wanting to lose my job, to not be there for the animals, etc. After all, she isn't the first Program Director and I'm banking on the hopes that she won't be the last. If she outlasts me, then it will have to just be that way. If I outlast her, then things may change for the better.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #1800
Big Yapper!!!!

That's a rough situation. I appreciate your intention to not rock the boat, and keeping the bigger picture in mind. Hopefully work will be a fun place where you can enjoy the animals. Hang in there!