Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #1711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Ah, change is hard... hope your friend gets settled soon.
Your asparagus sounds yummy. I always end up cooking the ends too, feels so wasteful to throw them away, but they really aren't very good... I also eat 'em too.
Yay for birthday party. Glad you get to spend time with your family.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 04:03 AM   #1712
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I know it! The end sections taste the same but just probably better for a laxative. I wonder if I should try to peal the skin off. No snow so far today. It's supposed to just be flurries with the main event tomorrow.

Party later today will be fun. I just learned yesterday that the birthday girl and her four grown kids just had their number come up for section 8 housing after being on the waiting list for years! Strange that there is so much moving taking place this year.

Woke at 5 am this morning. Going back to bed for a few more hours. Fed and put the dog out, bunny was wired so I let him out to race around a while and added more bedding to his cage, picked him up for a quick snuggle then back in the cage he went. I gave him a small section of banana. Now everyone is satisfied, including myself.

BBL! Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #1713
Big Yapper!

Apparently, our big snow storm has moved to a more southerly track and we are only going to get scattered periods of flurries and snow. It will be over tonight sometime or early Monday am. It's 36 degrees right now, so it's Balmy!

Birthday party at 4. Will buy birthday card on the way. I'm terrible, but that's how I roll. I might sign and seal it in the drug store parking lot instead of the restaurant parking lot. Somehow that seems better. No witnesses. We only give cards and have our little pizza party for sister birthdays now. We all agreed that it was time to stop giving money. The money we spend on the meal and the drinks is the money we can afford. And sometimes, that's a stretch.

I get paid tomorrow but thankfully I'm not broke today. Cutting way back on drinking (basically not drinking until I reach my first weight loss goal) has saved me oodles of dollars. It's all good. Then I get the farm paycheck on Wednesday. I just wrote the rent check for March and dropped it in the landlady's box. I wonder how many more of those I will be writing.

I need to fill up the bird feeder on the front porch again. I hear them chirping and they are probably telling me to get with the program. Once we are through with all the arctic days, I can hang their bird waterer/bath container, too.

Well, have a lovely Sunday, horsey peeps. May God bless each of us in a special, personal way.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #1714
Big Yapper!

My nephew posted this on FB. I had to share it here. OMG. It's apparently a movie trailer. If so, I want to see the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-PK1wQrWs

I don't understand why I get this when I post a video link off youtube and why I get the video itself at other times.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #1715
Big Yapper!

We all had a really fun time at our sister's birthday party tonight. I was late but not the last to arrive. I'm usually the first one there so it was nice to not be the first. The pizza was good but I just scalped the top of four sausage, mushroom and cheese slices and brought the bread home for Cisco. It's always surprising how much of the pizza flavor is in the toppings. Some pizza places have great crusts and then I will just eat the whole thing and move on from there and be good again. I will avoid said pizza places until I'm under 200 lbs.

The antipasto was great and the balsamic vinaigrette was also great. I never go back to the salad after I eat the pizza but this time I did. I asked to have the woman pack up the dressing to go cause it was a fresh container that was delivered to the table, but she only put a small amount of it into a small plastic container. I know when I've been short changed. I think there was about three of those containers worth of dressing in that little gravy-type-bowl. Oh well. She was an excellent waitress.

We had a lot of good family laughs and talked frankly about things that have been going on with some of the grandkids and I saved them all from farm talk cause that can be discussed at another time. It was nice to hear everyone else talk about stuff that I hadn't really heard much of before tonight. Times like we had tonight make me wonder if I really should stay in CT even after my closest sister and her husband move to VA.

Cooper is begging Cissy to play with him. It's so cute. I've never seen him so hungry for interaction with the dog. Cissy doesn't know how to play with him. I love my bunny. I'm SO glad I adopted him. No regrets.

Have a good night, ladies. Almost 9 and I'm going to enjoy the rest of my evening and hopefully sleep long and hard. !
Old 03-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #1716
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
What a happy day full of love . Nice to spend good time with your family then come home and not your fur babies . Hope you sleep well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #1717
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. It was a good day. I hope you're doing well too. We didn't get the snow storm! We didn't even get the on and off snow flurries they predicted today. NADA! Dodged that bullet, baby!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #1718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! I'm so happy for you, that your family party was fun. I love eating pizza the way you did...
Funny bunny... play with me!
G'nite!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #1719
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Oh Cheryl, I so hope you find out soon about the job - change or no change. I know you will feel better once you know ! Praying for God's will for you .....

Your party sounds great, so good to connect with family

The bunny sounds like a wonderful addition to your family :0 So sweet . I had a bunny named "floppy" when I was a kid.... she was white and very sweet ( she had a ear that wouldn't stay up ~ flopped when she hopped , so I named her that )

Hope you sleep well sweetie !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #1720
Big Yapper!

Woohooo! Had to share this image of CT being spared possibly the last big storm of this winter season.

In "Preview post", it doesn't show up. I will post and see if it appears.

Oh Fudge! I've posted gif files before. I'll see if I can get another image in jpg. Will be right back to read your posts. Haven't read 'em yet!
Attached Images
File Type: gif God is good, storm passes just to the south.gif (858 Bytes, 2 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 03-03-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #1721
Big Yapper!

RIP, Floppy! Too funny that she had a gimpy ear. Something strange happened with Coopy last night. He had been hopping around and having fun and I decided it was time to end the exercise and do our nightly snuggle time before I put him in his cage. Well, I was holding him and he was licking my PJ's a lot and I thought that was a gesture of love. They say bunnies will lick you only if they love you. I let it go on for a while and then said it was time to go to bed.

I picked him up in my hands and put him into his cage, then closed the gate. I'm walking into the bathroom and I see a fresh spot of blood, the size of a nickel, right where he'd been licking. I lifted my top to see if it was me that was bleeding, then I went to look at him and he was licking his front right paw. I noticed one piece of his bedding with a small smudge of blood on it.

Today I took a look at his paw and it appears he has lost one of his claws! How did that happen? Is that something bunnies do occasionally? I didn't see any blood on the carpet and I didn't pick him up any differently than I ever do. He didn't shriek or struggle like you'd expect an animal to do who was in pain.

Thank you all for the prayers regarding the apartment situation. At the rate this is going, it won't be offered to me before May. I'll start organizing and contemplating what I'd take and what I'd donate or sell in the meantime.

I've been thinking of maybe offering to buy some of the things I'm currently using that belong to the landlady. The furniture isn't great but it's nice enough and it's comfy. I make ask to buy the kitchen table and chairs, (but my sister has promised me theirs and it is very much like that one only longer. Not sure they are ready to part with it), the baker's rack in the kitchen, a sofa and loveseat, maybe one or two end tables, and the three-shelf, long wooden table in the bathroom. She'll probably sell them really reasonably and I wouldn't have to go shopping elsewhere and worry about how to gather the things from all four corners of the earth.

I weighed myself today to see what the pizza party with a few light beers did to me and I'm only up 0.4! I'm considering that to be from water. Very happy and shocked. Now I have no more distractions in the foreseeable future and can stick to my plan. Full speed ahead!

It's back into the arctic freeze today. Freaking 16 degrees with a breeze. No helpers at work today so I'll just do my best. The ex-manager did the morning shift today but beyond that, I don't know (and she doesn't know) if she'll ever be on the schedule again. It's really mean that the director won't just say to her that she wants a clean break. Cruel. I told the director that I haven't received a schedule for march yet and she said she'd give it to me today. She sounded surprised that I didn't get it yet.

Lola's still lame. We're supposedly putting cold packs on her "shin area" (for laymen's terms) and applying a wrap to keep it in place. Don't know what the schedule for that is but I think I'll need to put it on her for a while today. No clue. Soon to find out.

Time to wrap this up. Been working on it for the better part of an hour. Keep getting distracted by animals. Hope you're all doing well.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-03-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #1722
Blabbermouth!!!

That sounds like a great idea. Furniture is so expensive nowadays ! And while you are inventorying all of your stuff, you might decide to have a garage sale or something .... extra money !
We need to get busy and have one. We have lots of stuff in the garage on the shelves waiting for us to do it !!

Hope you have a great day at work ! 41 here today after being 73 and muggy yesterday. I was so happy it blew through and took the humidity with it

have a wonderful day !
Old 03-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #1723
Big Yapper!

Enjoy your cold snap, Laura. I will try to have a good work day. BBL.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #1724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor Cooper! Wonder if his claw got caught on something...
Hope work things regulate soon. There's got to be a rainbow somewhere!
I had a tough day today too... just swamped with lots to do & not enough time. It will wait for tomorrow... just have deadlines on a few things, so it feels like it won't.

Its really cold here today too, in the negatives & wind.... brrr....
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #1725
Big Yapper!

I hate days like that, when you feel overloaded. We get through them though, by the Grace of God. God's Grace must have been what got me through MY day today. Please go read about it on the horse thread. It's a very long post. And not uplifting.

It felt like zero today. What is going on with the weather???? I think the arctic front we are experiencing saved us from the snow that was supposed to nail us, but PLEASE! Can we catch a break? Florida's looking pretty tempting about now.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my... Lord have mercy!
Hope & pray you have good direction from the Lord for your future.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #1727
Big Yapper!

Great advice. I'm not doing enough of that.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #1728
Blabbermouth!!!

So sorry that work is so "up in the air" - that was so rude of them to hire someone without telling you , especially after you talked to them about how much you care... Wow

Will keep you in my prayers and I too hope God gives you clear direction about your situation (hugs)
Old 03-05-2014, 04:44 AM   #1729
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, pm for you.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #1730
Big Yapper!

Hi, chickies. Been posting lots on the horse thread. If you're wondering where I am, you can usually find me there. Thanks all! I'm off for two days now. Happy to say that. The director is actually doing the pm barn shift today. I hope she gets a rude awakening. She's never done them before.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #1731
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey there! Horse thread... I'm praying about all the options at work etc. keep us posted once you hear anything. Hope you're warming up a bit this weekend .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #1732
Big Yapper!

Hi, Julie! Hello to all of you that I've basically abandoned over here on my journal. (Sorry.) It is ever so slowly warming up here. Think today will be in the 30's, tomorrow in the 40's or even 50's, and it will bob up and down for a few more weeks.

I'm working for five days in a row, starting today. Staring at the clock and dreading having to get ready to go soon. I need a coffee, big time. Think I'll go brew me a pot. Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #1733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, 5 days! Hope things get better there. Happy to hear that the horse is responding to treatment.
Your weather sounds exactly like ours. Supposed to warm up to 30 (with snow) & then turn to rain & warm up to 50's later in the week.
Interesting 'penguin-suit' How is it for walking in? Seems like it would trip you...
Have a great day!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #1734
Big Yapper!

Oh, did you see the pics on the horse thread? It's not meant to be worn outdoors. It's for lounging. I misunderstood her when she was describing it and I thought she was trying to keep me warm when working out in the numbing cold on my farm days. I imagine even when warn indoors and you are walking in it, you must look like you have a loaded diaper on. I'll love wearing it when I'm cold and hanging out at home, though. It was so thoughtful of Char to send it to me.

Yeah, 5 days this week. The ex-manager offered the director that she could work today but the director is trying not to have her return to the farm at all. She hasn't come right out and told her that but I know that's what she's trying to do. So when the director asked if I could do today, I said I would. It will be a long stretch, especially with having to soak Lola's foot every day, but at least it will be warmer.

I have no idea if that new guy will be there again today, for me to continue training. If he is, maybe I'll just let him do most of the stuff and I'll take it easy. If he's been training a lot, he should be ready for that. Or at least mostly ready. Ready to be supervised or for me to be available and standing by to correct him if he's doing something wrong.

The morning girl and I were talking yesterday. I had stopped by to just check Lola out and the girl said that the new guy was there that morning, being trained. She said she told him to go and watch the volunteer as she was mucking out the stall that she was working on and he said something like, "What's there to watch? It's just picking out the poop and urine, right?" Nope! It's a whole different ballgame in the morning. That's why I say we "pick" the stalls after pm feed and they "muck out" the stalls in the morning. BIG difference.

But he's a lot too green to have said such a thing. Maybe I shouldn't have told him I thought he was learning and picking up on things quickly. It's okay. Soon reality will be staring him in the face. He won't be in training forever.

See why I post mostly on the horse thread? Cause now I need to copy and paste what I wrote over here and put it over there! My life is all revolving around horses nowadays and I talk of little else. It's not the way I necessarily want it, but it has to be this way for a time. If the two new people work out, I might not even have as many hours as I want to have. No idea how the director is planning on doing this. We were only down one person but she hired two.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #1735
Big Yapper!

It's 45 degrees and sunny today! It's HEAVENLY! Where have you been???? (Talking to the weather.)

Lola's dressing stayed on overnight. It was the first time I did her foot soak and hoof wrap last night so I'm happy it didn't fall off. I have good volunteers today so it should be a great day.

I hope you're all doing well and have a great weekend! Tammy, hope you're mom is healing and things are going swimmingly with her and your dad.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #1736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hey woman! Lol
I haven't been out to my parents because I'm sick. Just the flu. Ugh! I've had it now about 4 days. So I'm staying away from everyone. I talked to them on the phone an my mom is doing great. My dad is helping her do things. So they're fine.
All I want to do is sleep. So I'm off of here for now. I'll come back tomorrow if I'm feeling better.
Have a good night. We are getting rain/snow tonight.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #1737
Big Yapper!

Damn! You've had such a terrible season of being sick, Tammy. I'm so sorry. How miserable it is to feel like CRUD. And then to have to be pleasant and loving to your family members when all you want to do is pull the covers over your head and ask for help.

That's (truthfully) the only time I really miss having a partner. And the funny thing is, my partners never would have gone to the store to buy cold meds for me, or cook me food when I was sick. I guess the guy I lived with in TX would have but that was a very long time ago and it's hard to remember. It didn't leave an impression on me, let me just say that. And my husband was blind so he couldn't do those things for me although it would have given him so much pleasure to be able to do that. Points for wanting to. I love you, honey.

I took Cissy out to two different places to let her run free tonight and BOTH places had vehicles and people. Unbelievable. Yes, it's Saturday. But don't these people have lives? I know my town is small but really? I ended up resorting to taking her to the farm. I had just left there and all I wanted to do was relax but I didn't know of anywhere else I could let her run free.

Frodo was immediately on alert. He sensed that something was amiss and he came out to the edge of his run-in. I saw him and said, "It's okay, Frodo. It's just me." I knew he would recognize my voice but that he wouldn't settle until he met the strange dark shadow that was racing around just at the edge of his field of vision.

I got my dog to come up to where Frodo and I were and Frodo was so open to meeting her! There was no fear, just curiosity. I had her come and meet him, then she ran off to the manure pit. I called her back and made her sit. They came nose-to-nose and there was no animosity. Just creatures meeting one another. It was cool. Frodo went back into his stall to go to bed, knowing all was well and Cissy and I went for our walk into the muddy field.

OMG, she was disgusting when we got home. I used paper towels cause if I used a regular towel, it would have just needed to be immediately laundered.

But before we left the farm, it was so cute. She was running around and I called her to the fence where the mini's are. She went under the metal gate and into their area without being able to see them. Out of the dark, the three mini's came. It was creepy. There were no mini's, then there were three. I was calling to Cissy to come out of there cause I didn't want her to get kicked but they didn't sense danger, just curiosity.

It was so weird! I've seen the animals react to Chico, the german shepard who lived there for four years or more and who was aggressive to them. He would charge them. But they just came up to Cissy, nose-to-nose. They just acted like she was a strange creature, benign and interesting. It was very cool.

Back in the car we went and we returned home. Now the bunny is running rampant in the house and we are about to tuck him in for the night. It's an animal house but we like it that way. I could talk about work but I'd rather not, at this point. Let me just say this; I had lots of good help and Lola pooped in her hot water bucket while I was soaking her infected foot. Just another day on the farm.

Love and hugs to all! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-08-2014 at 07:47 PM..
Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #1738
Big Yapper!

Oy. Another day. Hump day, I guess. Two more after this. It's about 10 or more degrees colder today and there's a lot of wind. That means I'm wearing a hat today. They predicted snow flurries last night but I guess they just evaporated before hitting the ground. Just heard the same forecast of possible snow flurries tonight. Please, winter. GO AWAY.

My amaryllis is in bloom! So pretty. My plant put out SIX flower stalks this year. Only one has opened so far and I had to support it with a stake. That's a first, too. The plant is about 8 years old. The flowers are huge and remind me of peppermint candy.

My Christmas cactus is still blooming but not very many buds. And my purple orchid is also looking gorgeous! Now if only Spring would come to the OUTSIDE of my house, all would be peachy.

Have a great Sunday, ladies. Ttyl.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #1739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!
That's great that Cissy did so well at the farm & accepted by the horses. I bet she really enjoyed checking it all out... yummy smells!
Our weather has taken that turn for 'warm' as predicted... but the rain they called for isn't coming anymore, so that's a good thing. If it lasts too long we'll be in mud soon.
Your plants sound delightful. Most of my plants have slowly died off. I think the water must be wrong for them. Have usually had a "jungle" growing in the house. Guess I should gather rain-water.
Have a good day!
Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #1740
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cheryl !

How's Lola's foot today ? Is work going ok ?

Loved hearing that Cissy was "accepted' by the barn animals Sounds like a fun adventure for her !

Hope it's warmer than planned and you have a great day !